Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (26154 Views)

Requirements For Installing Windows 10 Or Windows 8 Operating Sysem / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / I Can't Change My Screen Resolution After Installing Windows 8.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by AKBliv010(m): 12:29am On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by rawdpiper(m): 7:18am On Aug 12, 2016
nadalion:
Guys please advice, I'm still running windows 8.1 on my laptop, will you advice i update to the windows 10? as in, is it stable yet cause i don't have gb to be updating the thing every week.

Download the ISO from Microsoft's website and then install it. if it asks for product key during the upgrade just skip. After installation has finished, just download Microsoft toolkit to activate it.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by nadalion: 8:30am On Aug 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

Download the ISO from Microsoft's website and then install it. if it asks for product key during the upgrade just skip. After installation has finished, just download Microsoft toolkit to activate it.
i can't find the toolkit online, do you have a link i can use?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by rawdpiper(m): 8:55am On Aug 12, 2016
nadalion:
i can't find the toolkit online, do you have a link i can use?

don't have the link for now. Just search "download Microsoft toolkit". The latest version should be 2.6 beta 5 (2.6.5)
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by nadalion: 8:04am On Aug 13, 2016
rawdpiper:

don't have the link for now. Just search "download Microsoft toolkit". The latest version should be 2.6 beta 5 (2.6.5)
Okay thanks, I'll check it out.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by nadalion: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2016
Guys, my hdmi port stopped responding since my upgrade, help please.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by rawdpiper(m): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2016
nadalion:
Guys, my hdmi port stopped responding since my upgrade, help please.

Go to device manager and search for the driver related to your HDMI port then update it.

Also wanted to ask about your upgrade to windows 10. The ISO u used is it from Microsoft's website u downloaded it and were u asked for product key during the upgrade process and did it activate automatically after upgrade or you had to use Microsoft toolkit to activate it?

Anticipating ur reply.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by nadalion: 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
rawdpiper:

Go to device manager and search for the driver related to your HDMI port then update it.

Also wanted to ask about your upgrade to windows 10. The ISO u used is it from Microsoft's website u downloaded it and were u asked for product key during the upgrade process and did it activate automatically after upgrade or you had to use Microsoft toolkit to activate it?

Anticipating ur reply.
The w10 i used has an activator disc so i used it wiaely. winks.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by rawdpiper(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
Intel core i5 4th/5th gen @ 2.4-2.6 GHz
4GB RAM
AMD R7 series GPU
OR
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000/5000 series
Which is better for gaming? And how much could each one cost? Anticipating u guys reply!
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
MY WINDOWS IS SHOWING UPDATE, PLEASE HELP.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Jeffchuks: 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
rawdpiper:
4GB RAM
AMD R7 series GPU
OR
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000/5000 series
Which is better for gaming? And how much could each one cost? Anticipating u guys reply!

They are both good but AMD GPUs are known to be the smoothest with advanced graphic intensive games.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Lexusgs430: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
iamloyalty:
MY WINDOWS IS SHOWING UPDATE, PLEASE HELP.

Then click the update button. Ensure you have enough data to download updates......
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2016
But is still not working.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by kaysy(m): 6:52am On Nov 02, 2016
Please why is Windows 10 refusing to accept Java in Mozilla Firefox, this is preventing some java application like (Java FingerPrint Capture) from showing, it always displays "A plugin is needed to display this content"
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Greatdesi(m): 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2019
Hello guys. I installed an MTN E202 Huawei modem on a windows 10 laptop. After some time, it showed a blues screen with this error messag DPC Watchdog
Violation Error. Kindly guide me on how to fix it. Thanks
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by BOLA625(m): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
How can I install windows 10 on my computer.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Godswings(m): 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2021

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by oluspicy: 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2021
Godswings:

Thanks for your contribution but please help me out: I have HP LAPTOP 15-011nia but WiFi isn't Working. what do I do? Should I downgrade the windows to 8.1? Is it proper to downgrade windows 10 to windows 8 or 8.1!

Hi,
Basically, if the WiFi is not working on your system, it's obvious that the fault is from the motherboard not from the operating system and it can be repaired.

So try to get a wireless USB adapter which comes with a mini installation cd. Install. After installation plug the USB adapter into the USB port and it automatically run. The price of from 1500 upward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria / HP Elitebook 840 G2 with 1gb graphics card / How To Download Season Movies Free Online With IDM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.