Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge (48618 Views)

Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem / Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke / Vivian Okeke And Ibrahim Isah Fail To Recite National Anthem & Pledge (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by kahal29: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2016
THE Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs has begun the screening of Ambassadorial nominees forwarded to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari.

There was, however, drama as two of the nominees, who appeared before the Senator Monsurat Sunmonu-led committee could not recite properly stanzas of the National Anthem and the Pledge.

One of the nominees, Vivian Okeke, from Anambra State failed when she was asked to sing the National Anthem.

During her screening, Mrs Okeke was asked by Monsurat Summonu, the chairman of the committee, to sing the National Anthem. Mrs Okeke during the recital, mumbled the last stanza of the National Anthem but was aided by a member of the committee, Senator James Manager.

She was the first nominee to be screened of the 47 ambassadorial nominees.

However, the nominee said the three major changes that should be made must be in the area of fighting corruption, insurgency and diversification of the economy.

She also said that returnees should be received when the country puts in effort, even as she stressed the need for the country to look into the area of financing and salary payments.

Culled from Vanguard

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/drama-ambassadorial-nominees-fail-recite-national-anthem-pledge-2/

Source of pix

http://newsacross.com.ng/ambassadorial-nominees-cant-recite-national-anthem-pledge/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by cyberdurable(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2016
[size=15pt]Afonjas food is ready[/size]

FTC since 2012 and u said the witches in my village are at rest undecided

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by amzee(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2016
Name Checkers Association of Nairaland/Nigeria (NCAN).
Kano Branch.
Reporting live from our studio.

34 Likes

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2016
cool cool total disgrace

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Qmerit(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2016
They were quick to call names when they Saw that of Abrahim Bida and I told them Okeke also failed it and one "mizzkweenbee" insulted me for saying so! I would be grateful if mods move this to FP to prove me right!!!

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by evy1(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2016
What a wow.
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Dezzx(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2016
like nominees, like our Daura president cheesy

i suspect she is from daura not Igbo from the anambra. our yeebos blodas are very intelligent, just take them to Lagos or abuja and see becoming landlord within a year. cheesy tongue

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by FreeGlobe(f): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
cool cool total disgrace
how is it a disgrace?

1 Like

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by IstandWitBuhari: 7:15am On Jul 27, 2016
Afonjas will soon gather here in there numbers,some may appear with a plate of amala and ewedu in their hands.

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Tolexander: 7:15am On Jul 27, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
Afonjas will soon gather here in there numbers,some may appear with a plate of amala and ewedu in their hands.
cyberdurable:
[size=15pt]Afonjas food is ready[/size]
imagine them!

And these were part of the people swift in blaming Buhari and the nominee on sighting the post of a northerner who was unable to sing the National Anthem and recite the Pledge.

https://www.nairaland.com/3250306/shame-ambassadorial-nominee-fails-recite

84 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2016
she can recite national anthema total disgrace for her this is what a primary student will recite offhead,.. grin grin
FreeGlobe:

how is it a disgrace?

21 Likes

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Almajiri1: 7:18am On Jul 27, 2016
Biafra anthem would have been better.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Tunami(m): 7:19am On Jul 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
she can recite national anthema total disgrace for her this is what a primary student will recite offhead,.. grin grin
mr perfect, what is offhead.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 27, 2016
Na national anthem we go chop?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by chukslawrence(m): 7:22am On Jul 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Qmerit(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
Na national anthem we go chop?

You see! But some people were using all sort of names to qualify the north when that of Abrahim Bida makes FP.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Ugoeze2016: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:

Offhead? no wahala, fine girl but why naw, see as u fine reach

8 Likes

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by odiks: 7:42am On Jul 27, 2016
Mmmmmh tot it was only the Bida of a man Oooo. Pls Mods do the needful to balance the equation. Lalasticlala front page oh

2 Likes

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Mylove55(f): 7:44am On Jul 27, 2016
FreeGlobe:

how is it a disgrace?
how can d afonjas call it a disgrace, when we all know ipod flat heads can never recite nigeria anthem, except ipod anthem, but is not easy to recite anyway when u are not prepare

13 Likes

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by johnwizey: 7:49am On Jul 27, 2016
Awon olori pelebe, all dey knw is drugs

27 Likes

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2016
Smh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by AustineE1: 7:56am On Jul 27, 2016
Why wld she recite the national anthem of a country that she was forced to join,mind you,reciting the national anthem is like pledging allegiance to Nigeria....kudos to our true daughter,when the time comes,we no where we belong.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by oganology33(m): 7:56am On Jul 27, 2016
And no news of the Senate committee declaring dem unfit as ambassadors.

Later dis morning Zombies will tell me dat dis admin has a headway with dis kinda ppl nominated as OUR ambassadors.

If her 7yr old fail 2 recite the National anthem now she go carry koboko finish him yanch.
See as she fine/bleach 4 nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by ibietela2(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2016
Just like their President.....
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 27, 2016
kahal29:

[/b]
During her screening, Mrs Okeke was asked by Monsurat Summonu, the chairman of the committee, to sing the National Anthem. Mrs Okeke during the recital, [b]mumbled the last stanza of the National Anthem
but was aided by a member of the committee, Senator James Manager.

No excuses, she mumbled the last stanza, the Bida man own was that from beginning to end, the man could not recite any.

Honestly these are one Nigerianists who can't even recite their god-damn national anthem.

Pity!

Tell me to recite Biafran anthem, even tho e long pass river nile, I will recite it all and still add the pledge on top; Patriotism! cool cool wink

But Nigerian anthem? Nah Nigguh, Ion feel a thing even mumbling the words, no one loves Nigeria, they only love oil and the money they steal from it. sad

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by kingzizzy: 8:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Normality:

Biafran anthem sparks love and patriotism in one's heart, this Nigerian anthem, my brother, the lyrics are like what is forced on people, no emotions no nothing.

"Arise Oh Campatroits!"
"Nigeria call Obey!"
"To serve Our Father Land!"

My God! The thing sounds like a general dishing out orders in the War front.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Almajiri1: 8:05am On Jul 27, 2016
kingzizzy:

Actually, the Biafra Anthem is much better than the Nigerian Anthem which sounds like a military parade song.
As a lover and student of classical music,it resonates.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:21am On Jul 27, 2016
And they will confirm she and Bida as Ambassadors-in-waiting? Our Senate suxks

1 Like

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 27, 2016
kingzizzy:

"Arise Oh Campatroits!"
"Nigeria call Obey!"
"To serve Our Father Land!"

My God! The thing sounds like a general dishing out orders in the War front.

Heheh, nwanne i na-acho okwu oh, maka ndi one naijiriya.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Maje: 300 People Trained In Israel To Cause Mayhem In Plateau / Anambra: Was Locked Up In Toilet, Coerced To Sign Election Papers; INEC Official / I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.