Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun (35922 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi / Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emmatdayo:
just tell me the name of ur church and i will handle the rest grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy I don't want the wrath of God, cos my pastor is too cool.

Have a nice day. grin
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Emmatdayo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
bigtt76:
shocked You only need to voice out your views and not insult me! I have not insulted you nor call you out in my response. I won't tolerate same from you or anyone again. If you don't like my post, then walk pass it. If you belong to such church and feel I'm tackling your religion, I'm sorry but I never mentioned any church name here.

BTW I still stand by my submission, white garment churches need to be searched thoroughly nationwide and not merely taking the word from a church's HQ. Thank you. ones again, u should be ashamed of what comes out of ur mouth, processed be ur dull brain

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by dadaijboy: 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
Fear cele
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Emmatdayo(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:
cheesy cheesy I don't want the wrath of God, cos my pastor is too cool.

Have a nice day. grin
what u hav to understand is,no church or religion is perfect, dont always pick white garment churches out as if they dont worship God there

3 Likes

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by richard870(m): 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:
Who worships in that church?. They are good at chaining there members and flogging them with whips, all in the name of casting out some demons in them.

Some gullible people will still go cele 2morrow, if that's the only church on earth, i rather be a pagan.

Smh.
or an Atheist

Churches these days are fast becoming haven of bizzare happenings

#iamAnAnglican#
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by andyanders: 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
emperorchedda:
Of course you're gonna deny the pastor even though your doctrine is to tie people and flog demons out of them, but now your barbaric act has been brought to the public it's every man for himself

Exactly. When seven candles will be used to surround an individual, heaven must answer. I fear when I see the members flogging a person in the name of deliverance, I now wonder why. I once saw a man they chained sometime and was told that the guy was mad hence he was chained.

I am not surprised of the boy's predicament. That is mostly what some of their outlets do.

I think it is time that journalists/private investigators starts going to most of these churches to see what they do behind close doors.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emmatdayo:
what u hav to understand is,no church or religion is perfect, dont always pick white garment churches out as if they dont worship God there
Unfortunately, i pick them out.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by fapcrook(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
These are mild comments. Had it happened with a an imam, they would have abused the entire Muslim's community in the whole world. No religion is perfect, it is the bad ones that spoil religions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Emmatdayo(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:
Unfortunately, i pick them out.
its a shame
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by lanrayco(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:
Who worships in that church?. They are good at chaining there members and flogging them with whips, all in the name of casting out some demons in them.

Some gullible people will still go cele 2morrow, if that's the only church on earth, i rather be a pagan.

Smh.

I do worship in celestial church of christ and I know the tenent and doctrine of the church. Judge people on their personality not based on the church they worship or religion they chose to believe.
People like you won't worship in the church but won't stop seek for solution in the church.

3 Likes

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by cytellProperty: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
MisterMetro:
At last, Celestial Church of Christ, Worldwide under the leadership of His Eminence, Pastor Mobiyina Oshoffa, has issued an official statement signed by one of the top members of the church, Superior Evangelist (Prof) Bola A. Akinterinwa, fssan, Secretary, BOT, CCC Worldwide condemning the dastardly act of Francis Taiwo who chained and tortured his 9-year-old son….

Official Press Release On Prophet Francis Taiwo Saga
The attention of Reverend Emmanuel Mobiyina Oshoffa, Pastor and Spiritual Head and the Board of Trustees of the Celestial Church of Christ, has been drawn to media reports concerning the activities of one Prophet Francis Taiwo, Shepherd in Charge, Celestial Church of Christ ( C.C.C ), Key of Joy Parish, Ajiwo at Ajibawo in Ado Odo/Ota local government area of Ogun State.

Prophet Francis Taiwo was reported to have chained his nine year old son and starved him of food for months, after the boy was accused of habitual stealing. The nine year old boy was eventually rescued by men of the NSCDC who stormed the church premises for that purpose. Latest reports indicate that the culprit, Prophet Francis Taiwo was later arrested by the police with the help of his church members.

This report has drawn the ire of the public and our great church has been receiving undeserved flaks therefrom. We are therefore compelled to issue this statement to correct whatever misconceptions that might have been created about the church, in the minds of the general public, by this shameful and totally unacceptable incident.
Let it be known that the Celestial Church of Christ does not condone child abuse and violence of any form. We recognise and place a high value on our youths and children as we do acknowledge them as the salt of the earth and a vital part of the future of any given stratum of society, organisation, church or nation.

Our belief is that children therefore must be raised in an atmosphere of love, Christian values and reasonable and acceptable parental discipline. The fact that the said Prophet Francis Taiwo was arrested by the Police with the help of his church members lends credence to the fact that our church abhors child abuse, domestic violence and inhumanity of any form.
We commend the NSCDC and the Nigerian Police for a job promptly well done, and wish to assure the general public that the Celestial Church of Christ is already taking a further look into the matter.

The Celestial Church of Christ avails itself of this opportunity to thank the general public for its concerns. May the good Lord be with you all, Amen.

Signed:
Superior Evangelist (Prof) Bola A. Akinterinwa, fssan
Secretary, BOT, CCC Worldwide

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/celestial-church-of-christ-worldwide.html

Looking at the man, he is supposed to be the one to be chained down.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
richard870:
or an Atheist

Churches these days are fast becoming haven of bizzare happenings

#iamAnAnglican#
I love my church, and can't be an Atheist, God exist.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by otubujohn(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
WinningSun:

if you see cele babes just run. except you are prayer worrior. a word is enough...

Pls I'd really love to know about this. can you pls elaborate, as I presently am in cordial terms with one of them. I have been fancying getting down with her
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emmatdayo:
its a shame
It's not a shame, open ur eyes.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
lanrayco:

I do worship in celestial church of christ and I know the tenent and doctrine of the church. Judge people on their personality not based on the church they worship or religion they chose to believe.
People like you won't worship in the church but won't stop seek for solution in the church.
What solution am i seeking for in cele. cool
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by lanrayco(m): 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
emperorchedda:
Of course you're gonna deny the pastor even though your doctrine is to tie people and flog demons out of them, but now your barbaric act has been brought to the public it's every man for himself

http://cccbristolparishuk.org/Tenets read up about the church cos u seems not to know.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by allanphash7(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
But they also pray in the name of Jesus christ

Aint they christain ?
Benita27:
What are they worshipping?, Did Jesus chain or wip anyone all in the name of deliverance?.

Their modus operandi is chaining and whipping of members, such things are inhuman.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by basadenet: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
emperorchedda:

Are you a CCC member? If no, then you need to have your skull examined fast.

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Dexema(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:

Smh.
Ignorance is a disease, however, regardless of the fact that I don't support what you say, you have the right to say it. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
ajasa4link:
I think this is a step in the right direction. Other religious bodies too should take note and condemn any negative acts of their members instead of shying away and keeping mum on issues like this.

The fact is people would still talk negatively even if the religious body condemns it. Let's pretend this thing happened in a mosque, not one person will condemn that particular mosque or the imam but the whole muslims and the religion.

Here we are now, it's only this church and the pastor that's been attacked. Isn't that double standard?

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by virus05(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
chai cele.. e get one babe wey i dey eye like dat. i no no say she be cele. Omo naao one day i see her dey wear cele gadgets grin. Omo i run o. those people dy fear me. no matter how babe fine reach i no fit o. Even if u be cele before and u don change . my sister no no o. na all dese rugged babes dey go cele

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Sparkle777(f): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
I have a feeling dat most cele churches still have kids n all chained in dia church. Let the security operatives do a massive search. Am sure most have been killed and buried.
If a pastor can do dis to his own son, who knows who else has been thus maimed. As for his wife, pls mothers neva leave ur kids wt anytin step, either step moms or wat. Dat woman shld be held for aidin and abetting.
Wicked ppl.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dexema:

ignorance is a disease, however, regardless of the fact that I don't support what you say, you have the right to say it. Shalom.
Is indeed a disease.

Like i said earlier, my Aunt left cele after she was brutally wiped in the course of deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by ceaser: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:

Smh.

Cele, their conviction. Paganism, your conviction. There is only so much you can do to change their mind. Religion and denomination are choices. Whoever in the name of religion indulge in acts that peg 'em against the law and they get manhandled, they shouldn't cry persecution.

Reverend King comes to mind.

But come to think of it o. Can these NSCDC peeps just do a commando entry into some mosque to save imprisoned child brides like that and still have their heads the right way on their necks? Hmmmm. Just thinking out loud sha.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:

Smh.

Why would u consider those going there as been gullible? What's the difference between what was that in that church with what some pentecostal pastors do?

Didn't Oyedepo slapped a little girl?
Didn't some pastors kill "witches and wizards" in akwa ibom?
Didn't a south Africa pastor order members to eat snakes et al?
what about Reverend king?
What gives you the assurance that your church pastor isn't even fetish?
How are u so sure God doesn't appreciate CCC modes of worship that ur own church?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Dexema(m): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
ollah1:

The fact is people would still talk negatively even if the religious body condemns it. Let's pretend this thing happened in a mosque, not one person will condemn that particular mosque or the imam but the whole muslims and the religion.

Here we are now, it's only this church and the pastor that's been attacked. Isn't that double standard?
It's not bro, it's just the nature of Islam in that it's different sections (sunni and shiite) or say ansarudeen and any other section are not well known so it's easier to refer to the religion in its entirety hence the trend you rightly mentioned.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dexema:
It's not bro, it's just the nature of Islam in that it's different sections (sunni and shiite) or say ansarudeen and any other section are not well known so it's easier to refer to the religion in its entirety hence the trend you rightly mentioned.

Ofcourse it won't be since its islam this time. Why can't the entirety of Christianity be attacked. They also have different sects.

Why use one individual or group to judge billions of people?

But if it was a christian or anything close to it, then it's only the particular individual or church that would be attacked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Dexema(m): 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:
Is indeed a disease.

Like i said earlier, my Aunt left cele after she was brutally wiped in the course of deliverance.
I bet you would have considered bathing in a dirty river an anomaly but Naaman did and got healed despite him obviously being averse to the idea at first. Some things are not so open to judgment from mortals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Dexema(m): 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
ollah1:

Ofcourse it won't be since its islam this time. Why can't the entirety of Christianity be attacked. They also have different sects.

Why use one individual or group to judge billions of people?

But if it was a christian or anything close to it, then it's only the particular individual or church that would be attacked.
I just gave you a "logical" reason for your assertion, however you are free to believe whatever you want. Regards.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
ollah1:

Why would u consider those going there as been gullible? What's the difference between what was that in that church with what some pentecostal pastors do?

Didn't Oyedepo slapped a little girl?
Didn't some pastors kill "witches and wizards" in akwa ibom?
Didn't a south Africa pastor order members to eat snakes et al?
what about Reverend king?
What gives you the assurance that your church pastor isn't even fetish?
How are u so sure God doesn't appreciate CCC modes of worship that ur own church?
That's the part of the scripture u guys use to treat ppl inhumanly.

I shld also believe that chaining and starving that kid was a Godly act.
Re: Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun by richard870(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benita27:
I love my church, and can't be an Atheist, God exist.
I'm happy for you #pokes!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Dead As Dunamis Church Collapses In Benue / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / How God's Decision To Elevate Man Above Angels Caused The War In Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.