Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. (662 Views)

Woman’s Hot Pants Confuse Police Who Think She’s Walking Unclad In England / Chinenye Okonkwo, A Nairalander, Is Contesting For MBGN 2017 / Should I Tell Him About His Cheating Girlfriend??(confuse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by mrsharpguy: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
Good day to you all. I dont really know if this is the right section to post this, Moderator, abeg, pardon me and move it to the right section, if it should be.
I work as a marketer in a company, though, i dont really like the job, cos i believe i am not suppose to there. I am a biochemist and i want to work as one. But the situation of the country has forced me to the marketing job. I was privilege to go to the US, for a short course that is related to my field. After all the visa processes, i was scheduled to have the visa interview on the 22nd of august, 2016. And i am expected to leave for the program by 28 of august. My problem now is this, should i leave my job at the end of july, knowing that i wont be paid for the august, since i wont work till the end of the month? Or should i just cont with the job, knowing that attending a visa interview is not a guarantee that one will secure it.
Please, am confused on what to do now.
Really need your constructive advice.
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by Purpletee(f): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
eleyi gidi ghan
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by Essence6055: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
If you really are ready to follow your heart and face all the obstacles that are about to come your way... Then you should leave...

But if you are not so strong mentally ... and can't do so then you should stay put and consider the economy of Nigeria before losing your job...

But remember with God on your side... this opportunity might just be to shine your light
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by joelegacy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
My brother you have to continue with your job while processing it forget about pay till you are done with the interview OK.
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Continue with your Job...then If the Interview is successful,and you are sure of leaving for the U.S then quit your Job because i am pretty sure you wont be coming to this country once you land yankee lol
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by mizzbouqui(f): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
You should continue your present job and ask for permission from your boss for the interview day explaining to him how important what you want to go and do is but not about the job o, and if the interview is successful you go ahead with it and if its not you continue your marketing job till you get another better offer. It's that simple and all you need is faith during the interview
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by ojun50(m): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
Guy dis is a small case na continue with yr job jor, so u will jst stay home through out till 22 hmmm no think am oh.
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by mrsharpguy: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
thanks guys. But, pls i need more advice on this issue. Again, if i work till on the 22nd and my US stuff clicks, that means i will forfeit my 22 days money. M confused!
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
Your state of confusion is understood but what is hard to understand is your inability to differentiate between 'romance' and 'career' sections. These two sections means different things entirely. Take note incase of next time.

For your topic, why didn't make a formal notice to your organization concerning the trip? Perhaps they could've made provision for you even incase you return and still want to perch around them till something better comes up.
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by mrsharpguy: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
Tanx alot for the correction. will move it to the right section. kiss

SerialGist:
Your state of confusion is understood but what is hard to understand is your inability to differentiate between 'romance' and 'career' sections. These two sections means different things entirely. Take note incase of next time.

For your topic, why didn't make a formal notice to your organization concerning the trip? Perhaps they could've made provision for you even incase you return and still want to perch around them till something better comes up.

(1) (Reply)

See What Some Babes Do Before Their Proposals Just To Keep Up Appearances / Never Rush Into Marriage / Why Are Ppl Sorry Only When They Get Caught?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.