Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? (14405 Views)

List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC / Full List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria, Frequency, Location And Address / 8 States With Highest Numbers Of Radio Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by muhakeem(m): 9:51am On Jul 28, 2016
Smartgos:
DISADVANTAGES quality programs would be lacking
pls try nd give us better explanation of this ur DISADVANTAGE
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by MadCow1: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2016
Flyingngel:
Thou i have not been to overseas before but one thing i knw is that those people have standard that even if d owner is a president, you can't use d station wrongly. But definitely not in Nigeria where everything is abuse.

Use the station wrongly how?

Radio stations are highly regulated here in Nigeria. You cant just pick any bandwidth and launch your program, its paid for and they even control your content with guidelines on what you can and cannot play over the air ways.

How are the radio stations in Ibadan abusing the air ways?

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by muhakeem(m): 9:55am On Jul 28, 2016
eleko1:
sad do dey employed ghost? una dey complain too much
Tor, epp me ask the disadvantageous groups abeg
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by folks4luv(f): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2016
ndaman25:
kwara we have 5 BT Ray-Power hz bein sent packing
seriously? but why? guess they couldnt beat Royal FM. and i was happy we now have raypower fm o, though I don't listen to radio
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Puvour: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2016
ibadanfinest:
One idio*t is looking for attention by dissing my city. I will not quote him so as not to dignfy his post. If you want to listen to stations whose OAP make use of local assent, lagelu FM dey dere for u and many other self.
Lmao. Me I will help you mention am. Na comeandmarry or whatever.
First of, I agree some OAPs try too hard to speak phonetics. But definitely not all. That same beat fm in Ibadan that he is badmouthing has the highest number of following on Twitter @THEBEAT979FM and over 100k likes on Facebook only second to splash with a small gap. Ibadan radio listeners are sophisticated. So you have specialized stations like IBR for business and Inspiration fm for family. Pidgin radios like Naija fm and Lagelu. Mainstream broadcast like splash, fresh and space.
Lagos is the oga. And the radio stations can never be too much. It allows for wide choice range for listeners. So it's good development. I love beat fm Lagos too as well as Urban96fm.
So that man should quit hating.

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by muhakeem(m): 10:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Toluwani111:
Some of the Disadvantages of Radio are:
1.Only an audio medium for communication.
2.During bad weather you cannot listen radio properly. Often unclear and is affected by weather.
[/b]
there nothing nothing wrong for it being the only audio communication channels sha, cause we still tends to listen to radio while there is power outage

So, bad or cloudy weather does not disturb sattelite dishes ba.
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Earth2Metahuman: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2016
comeandmarry:
My brother,I stay ibadan jus for 2weeks,e get one station wey be beat fm,or na 97.9 the beats.
I get so irritated listening to them cause na so so locally acquired phonetics be the order of the day.
Everyone dey speak phonetics.
It's disgusting.
Im sure most radio hosts are very ugly and extremely low lifes cause I no sabi how a dirty ass brown roof state radio vjs or ish go dey speak in some fake ass phonetics.
Useless radio stations worldwide.all playing trap music upandan.

We must learn to speak in our nigeria accent.
Useless fake ass phonetics everywhere.
For lagos,everyone dey speak locally acquired phonetics.
Watay shame.
there are over 20 stations in Ibadan and more than 25 in Oyo state..
Must you listen to the one that their phonetics isn't right with you and wail?
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by MandingoXXX: 10:12am On Jul 28, 2016
femi4:
lol..sound city finally joined the band wagon. There is one doing test transmission presently

While I was still basking in the sound of Urban 96.5, SoundCity 98.5 came and now LagosTalks 91.3 is loading with test transmission.

I have stopped buying Cds though ever since... shuttling my car stereo between these three stations.
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 28, 2016
In osun here... There's at least 7 if i could recall well, but the ones i listen to most os rave fm...a newbie tho but they sure have youth friendly programs and in the music scene.. They no they carry last... He go be like say na you get the Playlist. Raypower too no dey carry last, uniq fm too... That one dey too

All other radio station here are kinda othordox too except for the ones above... My opinion oo

It has much advantages to me.
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by comeandmarry: 10:32am On Jul 28, 2016
Guy man all the radio stations as far as brown roof residence are concerned are worthless.
Earth2Metahuman:
there are over 20 stations in Ibadan and more than 25 in Oyo state..
Must you listen to the one that their phonetics isn't right with you and wail?

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2016
vykte:
it allows for variety bruh... like me now i have switched from Beat FM to Soundcity FM...

vykte

So 'soundcity' now have an FM?
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Earth2Metahuman: 11:30am On Jul 28, 2016
comeandmarry:
Guy man all the radio stations as far as brown roof residence are concerned are worthless.
oh, i see.
You are just another frustrated red mudster from eroded east. grin

Sorry for your loss grin
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by hippyzuki(f): 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sijo01:
Competition is good....... ... There's one in my city that use better part of the day to run commercials until another one came and pushed them to the background with their youths friendly programme and good music. The former has woken up to their responsibilities now.
. Very soon the new one will mess up because they will be owing salaries
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by hippyzuki(f): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Yes they employ people only to owe them salaries later
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by comeandmarry: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nah niggi,i'm not Dat average typa niggi,i cash out weekly niggi.
Get your head straight niggi,i cud buy you a drink or two, you drink the hate out niggi.
Earth2Metahuman:
oh, i see.
You are just another frustrated red mudster from eroded east. grin

Sorry for your loss grin

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
Flyingngel:
Nigerian are copy cat. If u start a business in ur neighbourhood today and it is a new one, people look at u with corner eye to see if it will fall; but if peradventure it progress rapidly and u build a house, buy a car, then u will wake up one day and realise that d whole street is now ur line of business. D advantage is that it create jobs and d disadvantage is that they will look for ways to outsmart each other thereby involving in unethical broadcasting.
we call them fast follower. it happens everywhere Pepsi(long throat) and coca-cola, amazon introduced cloud storage Microsoft and Google moved swiftly. if you need better strategy you can contact me.
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Earth2Metahuman: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
comeandmarry:
Nah niggi,i'm not Dat average typa niggi,i cash out weekly niggi.
Get your head straight niggi,i cud buy you a drink or two, you drink the hate out niggi.
undecided

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by comeandmarry: 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
GAY ASS NIGGI
[quotae author=Earth2Metahuman post=47965128] undecided[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by dadaijboy: 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
Advantageous
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
ndaman25:
kwara we have 5 BT Ray-Power hz bein sent packing
LOL..no be only like 3 stations dey Ilorin ni..Tv stations na two....
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by MamaletASO: 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
Too many Radio Station is not good. The Radio Station in Abuja esp Lagos are just too much.
It allows some unscrupulous element to mis-inform the public.
Especially the Insult we (the distinguished Senators) received is due to misinformation.

We are looking into a Bill (Act) that will prohibit some of the Radio stations..

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
elmisti:
information can't be too much

team Hot fm asaba, bond fm lasgidi, harmony fm ilorin, brilla fm onitsha, radio continental lasgidi........

cant even recall all d radio stations I jam sef........it's tru let dem reduce it
Team SugarMan ! So sad that Evans left ... Brilla fm Onitsha rocks !
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by jojothaiv(m): 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
Well, it seems you've not been out of Lagos/Oyo/Osun axis before making your assertion...

Kindly go to the other part of the country, then you can write whatever you like
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by jojothaiv(m): 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
MamaletASO:
Too many Radio Station is not good. The Radio Station in Abuja esp Lagos are just too much.
It allows some unscrupulous element to mis-inform the public.
Especially the Insult we (the distinguished Senators) received is due to misinformation.

We are looking into a Bill (Act) that will prohibit some of the Radio stations..
You've the time, my friend!

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by mikolo80: 1:20am On Jul 29, 2016
INTERMAN:
The radio stations is now getting so much in Nigeria especially In South west. They are just too much that radio stations now Jam each other.As small as Osun state is, there are almost 6-7. of them. In Ibadan and Oyo state, they are just too much. In lagos, infact, I'm speechless. Not to talk of other states. I am finding this uncomfortable. Is this really neccesary in Nigeria?
why is it uncomfortable
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by syntekelite(m): 9:16am On Jul 30, 2016
INTERMAN:
The radio stations is now getting so much in Nigeria especially In South west. They are just too much that radio stations now Jam each other.As small as Osun state is, there are almost 6-7. of them. In Ibadan and Oyo state, they are just too much. In lagos, infact, I'm speechless. Not to talk of other states. I am finding this uncomfortable. Is this really neccesary in Nigeria?
terrible stations,all they do is talk,talk,i cldnt sleep one night thot i wld listen to blues or soul on any station in lagos,all the presenters were talkin,can u imagine at around 2 to 3am..the one wey play music play one song then talk for 20mins...wetin i wan use ur voice do for 3am.. i just tire..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asake & Olamide - Amapiano (Official Video) / Kanye West Settles Beef With Drake, Both Performs Together / VIDEO: Mavins – 'looku Looku'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.