Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:53 PM

Do You Work For Money Or Passion? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Work For Money Or Passion? (9101 Views)

Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / When You Work With Someone That Pilfers / Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:30am On Jul 29, 2016
I work PASSIONATELY for MONEY cool
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by just4kelvin(m): 8:30am On Jul 29, 2016
O BOY I WORK FOR THE MONEY. MONEY PAY BILLS MY GUY NOT PASSION. GET PASSION WITHOUT MONEY NA GUTTER U GO SLEEP. MONEY RULES THE WORLD. grin
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by 2eggs1goal: 8:52am On Jul 29, 2016
AfricanApple:
In this naija, passion hardly works. If you want to sit and wait for the job you love, old age will just meet you without any good thing done in your life
Well said.!!!
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by PAQ(m): 9:00am On Jul 29, 2016
I work for MONEY with PASSION!!!
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by TheSociopath(m): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2016
achu442:

Maybe you are not in Nigeria.

By the time you don't have money to do a deal and u stay without a club in Nigeria
...After you clock 40years that's when u'll know that the passion stuff doesn't work in Nigeria.

And that's why we have Doctors as Bankers,Engineers as Accountants in Nigeria.

That passion stuff only works in the Western world.

You don't understand what I wrote up there. I'm working already, I'm doing what I love and I'm getting paid for it. It's not like I'm about to start looking for a job I've got passion for. Kargane ko?
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by trendyprettygir: 9:27am On Jul 29, 2016
My Opinion:

At the start of your career/business, you work for passion.

As you gain experience over the years/ your business becomes solid, you work for money.
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by daxon001(m): 9:32am On Jul 29, 2016
Rat don chop the page wey PASSION dey for my dictionary undecided wink
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2016
croSStodds:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Na money ooo!!

I was having a discourse with one of my colleagues couple of weeks ago,this nigga is actually a medical officer in a national hospital(one of highest paying for docs in d country)He then brought up the issue of how poorly d docs get remunerated in the country compared to their contemporaries in private firms(Telecoms,banks and O&G)

Nigga started complaining about d start up salary of an entry grad as an executive trainee/EA in d bank OR a field engineer in schlumberger/an insurance marketer/Accountant in d likes of dextroit and KPMG being more than that of a consultant,that which is d zenith of his career..
Na one question I ask am,Na who send you make you pick Medicine,he was actually myopic and only joined d bandwagons in filling d course during jamb having no modicum of sensitisation nor awareness what d thingy holds for him in future ultimately.He isn't satisfied with his remuneration as a doc,even though,he's still comfortable to a reasonable extent.

Vividly,one needs no soothsayer to relay d fact he has no modicum of passion for his job,Na money he dey Find..

As I'm typing, Nigga is doing his MBA in Michigan hoping to switch to d finance sector...
lwkmd
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Cutehector(m): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2016
If only I am enlisted in the Nigerian Navy, then, and only then will I work for passion.
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Kenneth10110(m): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2016
I work passionately for my money.
www.soccertrivia24..com
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Tkayhandsome(m): 10:15am On Jul 29, 2016
Money I guess... If you want to work for passion, be your own boss
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by theEYe21(f): 10:25am On Jul 29, 2016
Yes! It sure is
Africanman123:
Word!! You make every work a passion, but is that possible??
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2016
i work for the money d passion aspect of it secondary. owo ni koko
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2016
There's a difference between a job and a profession. If you are occupied presently in a job situation then u might be working only for money but if it's the latter the it's both simply cos it's your profession and you are getting paid for it while been happy.
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by 400billionman: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2016
Africanman123:
I overheard some of my colleagues talking about the main reason why we work. I also raised the same question to my Palmchat followers. To be sincere I work for both, because I have passion for my job. But can you answer sincerely, what do you really work for? Passing or pay?

I was taught that if i work for passion, i wont need to think about money.

People on fixed salaried employment cant help but think about money and their pay day. But for a businessman, everyday is a pay day. And it is passion that drives your business progress, profit and turnover.
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by sammyjay7265(m): 10:58am On Jul 29, 2016
Man not any of them....i am just working because i have to work i am not happy ....
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by dadaijboy: 11:17am On Jul 29, 2016
Money abeg
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Africanman123(m): 11:27am On Jul 29, 2016
You will not always make money with your passion, but it is advisable to let your passion make money for you.
Afritop:
MONEY FIRST, PASSION SECOND.
IF THE PASSION CANT GENERATE THE MONEY I NEED IN THE JOB, WHATS ITS USE?
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Africanman123(m): 11:28am On Jul 29, 2016
Passion please
dadaijboy:
Money abeg
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 29, 2016
sammyjay7265:
Man not any of them....i am just working because i have to work i am not happy ....
lmao, sorry o
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by dadaijboy: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2016
Africanman123:
Passion please
k both
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by alaskido(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
With the current trend in Nigeria, I work for money and not passion because passion will never pay my bills. With no jobs in Nigeria people take up all sorts of jobs they do not like. Just imagine the Police recruitment that need only 10,000 candidates, you can imagine how may people applied.
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by eagleonearth(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
AfricanApple:
In this naija, passion hardly works. If you want to sit and wait for the job you love, old age will just meet you without any good thing done in your life
sweetie, you funny goor grin
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Originalsly: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
NOW HIRING..... HND graduates with a passion for work. Transportation fare to and from work and lunch allowance would be paid weekly.
..and we wonder why soo many companies and some States don't make paying their employees a priority.
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by tech2477: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
Oga God bless you oo, passion for where? For this country??
alaskido:
With the current trend in Nigeria, I work for money and not passion because passion will never pay my bills. With no jobs in Nigeria people take up all sorts of jobs they do not like. Just imagine the Police recruitment that need only 10,000 candidates, you can imagine how may people applied.
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by lurdkriss: 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hu passion don epp nau U fit buy indomie from supermarket with passion Abeg I'm all about the money o,

I get paid today and all I'm thinking of is the nxt pay day, undecided
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Khez: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
Money o

But funny enough i end up doing extremely well on the job!
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by obomobo: 6:10am On Jul 30, 2016
Owo ni koko
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by Africanman123(m): 10:48am On Apr 05, 2017
Both is still the best
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by cyndyzuriks(f): 11:11am On Apr 05, 2017
both!
Re: Do You Work For Money Or Passion? by jessyb: 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
if you are resident in Lagos and would like to make income working with a real estate firm, whatsapp 07084910289 for more details

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

November Salary For FG Workers / How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive / Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Two Cps, 16 Dcps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.