Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive (8882 Views)

Advise Needed On How To Make My Freedays Accountable / How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts / 4 Easy Ways To Become More Productive & Attract Favour In Your Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by joebases(m): 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
I have always seen and known Nairaland as where ideas and solutions come from very matured and experienced members hence my bringing this topic here for advice.

I currently have a job though not paying very well but I enjoy the flexibility it offers.
I work 8am to 12noon Monday to Thursday having Friday and the weekends to myself.

I am very enthusiastic about learning digital skills especially Data Science and saving up for that hoping to start in the first week of January.

Please I need suggestions on what things I can do to get money in this my 'free period' pending when I am able to start my digital trainings.

All suggestions are appreciated no matter how crude as I am ready for anything not illegal to better my currently battered financial state.

NB: Location is Lagos

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by slawormiir: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ....

First of all Ogbeni op...
There is no legal money on planet earth

I hate when people keep on screaming they don't want to do anything illegal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by jojo1415: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
Listen to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu podcast about Nigeria on Facebook and twitter tongue

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by englishmart(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
By productive I know you mean extra cash. If not read, watch movies, smoke, if you're slawomir. There are a lot to do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by manee2(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
Following
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by BabaJideAFONJA(f): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by money121(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ok
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by YoungLionken(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
Read,think critically, try new things and invest...

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by tradepunter: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
By beating it
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by Yamleg: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
Let's learn together.

I buy ig accounts with less than 2k followers. Just mail me Adebowhales@ ğmäil.cøm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by driand(m): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
I'm interested in this topic...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by Sebastine1994(m): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
Nairalanders are Yahoo boys, what advice can they give you, I can't give you want I don't have.

You have a brain, use it to help yourself, what if there was no internet.

. am very enthusiastic about learning digital skills especially Data Science and saving up for that hoping to start in the first week of January

My brother, what you want is a magic bullet abi?. There is no magic bullet. Nobody can give you the answer, you have come to the wrong place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by dalass(f): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
cheesy

Which one is "excess time" again

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by ACRI: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
Learn a skill......it pays in the long run

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by Mccold: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
I don't live in Lagos, I don't have any advice for you, just use your head, as an adult you should know what is best for you in your present life .. we muuvvveee... First time on first page

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by Tokskob2008: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
You are lucky you have something doing na.. Abeg who fit give me job for here so man go fit get money for xmas, na beg I dey beg...
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by folks4luv(f): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
What about you start reading up on the course? It will make it easier for you to catch up. You can watch tons of tutorial courses on YouTube

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by superCleanworks(m): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
Forward thinking.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by revived: 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bomb bro

Or do things that interests you.

Most importantly engage your mind.

I am on nairaland most times in the day not because I like nl, but because I tend to increase my knowledge based with variety of topics.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by LMS1(m): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
Don't procrastinate
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by Pvin: 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
Following
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by houseontherock: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Read
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by Amalarudeen: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
jojo1415:
Listen to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu podcast about Nigeria on Facebook and twitter tongue
grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by writeprof(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
So, have you registered for the Google Digital training being advertised online?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by wman(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Do you have a laptop? If you have one, you can do a lot of things with it. You can start learning Data Science on your own before your digital trainings start. Learn basic to advanced Excel, then PowerBI or Tableau. The remaining things like Python and SQL can be learnt during your advanced program. There are a lot of free learning resources online. You just need to cut off social media and other distractions.
You can learn Data Science from some Nigerian programs like Data Science Nigeria, Twicher, Technidus etc.

As for the money aspect, if you have a laptop you can freelance on platforms like Upwork and Fiverr for money.

https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2/1072

https://www.nairaland.com/2594236/elance.com-upwork.com-other-freelancing-site

You can also save up some money to start trading crypto on the side.

https://www.nairaland.com/6318352/crypto-currency-investors-thread

Or you could teach children tutorials in the evenings since you are usually free then.

Meanwhile, I deliver PC Games all over Nigeria. Over 11 TB of PC games available.

https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by Valuepaints20(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ok
Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by CandyOps(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Start creating content. It could be about what you're learning. Or how to use time effectively. I mean just document your steps on a channel.

So in other words, start a channel

2nd tip- learn online advertising. Fb, YT, Google advertising. You need to learn just 1 and how to use it. It's an evergreen skill.

3rd tip- invest time learning all you can about coins.

Omo it can be confusing. But I try donate least 1 thing towards my goal everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by GreaterFuture(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
Think

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by FAIRALL(m): 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
If you really have interest in Data Science as you stated, I did recommend World Quant University to you. They have a very comprehensive syllabus covering almost everything that you need to kick start your Data Science journey but you must be ready to work hard. The good thing is that it's free.

You can also apply for the McKinsey and Company Forward Africa Program, it's currently open now and it's free.

I can assure you that you did be better off if you are able to complete these two programs by 2022 Q1.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive by Valuepaints20(m): 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
Fagllam:
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Links To Scholarships, Post-Doc, Job Opportunities, etc. / Diamond Bank Recruitment / Maritime Sector Records 6,000 Job Losses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.