Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? (26538 Views)

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / How Can They Manage With 50K Monthly Salary / Is it advisable for a guy to settle down with his mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Mom007(f): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2016
If he is living in osogbo or some other small town and lives a simple life, yes he can.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Chidamsy(f): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2016
Who says you cant?I can give you a tip on how it ll be more than sufficient for you.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by GeneralEmenogu: 11:20am On Jul 28, 2016
U kno hapy say u get wrk of 50k, u can settel wit it any wia in 9ja, all u need is knowledge. Xcept u r a voracious spender, wh spends money like a pregnat woman
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by lizzynicole: 11:22am On Jul 28, 2016
yes you can start with it but dont remain with it
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Felixalex(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Felixalex(m): 11:23am On Jul 28, 2016
buharisbae:
The truth is No u can't settle down with it except u are gonna be single for life

because if I calculate all the expenses ull spend after settlement ull see that 50k isn't enoff for ur self alone

taking care of your wife is draining about 20% of your salary and talk more of feeding cost or home items and even when u think of having children trust me you'll be frustrated its better u chill for a year save a lot if you can save up to 2M then you can settle down because u have some thing to back u up

MY 2 CENT!

What happened to the wife also working to contribute her own quota to the family' s growth and up-keep?? Must it always be about the man killing himself to take care of the wife
Tomorrow you women will carry placards around the street crying over marginalization of the women folks, asking for gender equality, but in reality, women are slaves of themselves, starting from their mindset....
My 1/2 CENT

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by noskybanj(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2016
Actually earn less dan dAt, n am doing good even tho I still want better. N I pay my rents. Guess where? PH. Xo u can actually survive wit dat amount anywhere in Nigeria, just need to watch yaself
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by fpeter(f): 11:30am On Jul 28, 2016
mradjoy:

₦5,000 salary monthly is something else, not doubting you, but earning 5k monthly is `~₦167/day haa this is too wicked of an income!

I mean how can such person survive without any extra source of income? Abeg I need someone to enlighten me more on this, How can I survive with 5k/month?

I almost wept when i interviewed the young man, he was very proud and happy. To him 5k was like 50k.
He sleeps with some other young men in an uncompleted building. His story is not far from the Groundnut seller's own.
Somebody brought him and other guys to Abuja to help hawk GNLD products, so the 5k is not even regular but commission based. depending on his sales input for the month. From his head to his toes you can tell he's malnourished and deprived of the basic necessities of life. I met him in Church and it was the foul smell that got me talking to him, i had to drive him to a nearby shopping mall to buy him toiletries. I know my church feeds them every Sunday and tries to give them clothes and shoes and those basic needs. My pastor encourages members to bring used clothing items and foods anything for these people. Trust me, I visited a relative lately and the food they offered me almost brought me to tears and you know that was all they had. I left their home really disturbed, I had no rest until i sent them my widow's mite for them to just cook something decent. In all my dear friend, look around you...people are suffering, help as many people as you can. I have many of such stories to tell you but let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by olamide215: 11:31am On Jul 28, 2016
Felixalex:

What happened to the wife also working to contribute her own quota to the family' s growth and up-keep?? Must it always be about the man killing himself to take care of the wife
Tomorrow you women will carry placards around the street crying over marginalization of the women folks, asking for gender equality, but in reality, women are slaves of themselves, starting from their mindset....
My 1/2 CENT
I put it to u that u can't do half of the work most women are doing. She takes care of the home,the children and still works in the eyes of God women are more important and for some men that their senses are in order they can attest to that this is not even about equality.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by SleemBadGuy(m): 11:36am On Jul 28, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
nigga why do you feel the need to settle down ? marriage is prison and torture and with 50k per month its even more torture lolzzz. why would you do that to yourself na ? enjoy the single life cheesy

Lmao grin @ Marriage is prison and torture..

Me sef dey wonder 4 the dude sef. grin

Settle koor...Kettle ni grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2016
Here in Lagos I started my life and settled down with that amount and I am still settling down with the same amount, but the good thing there is, with the same amount, i got married, had my first baby and I am able to solve numerous family needs. Through the same amount, other doors of blessing started to open, even with the same amount, the whole family need was rest on the money. Until you begin to be grateful to God and be prudent with your spending, you will never learn how to appreciate your day of little beginning. Most of the modern days Apex banks pay less than that amount to their Tellers, Note Counters, Drivers, Securities etc, yet but the staff still work, married with children and live happily in Lagos. A thankful heart is a grateful one. No be Bsc Holders de earn N23k for school so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by kevoh(m): 11:58am On Jul 28, 2016
50k is too small but if that's the only option wetin man go do? You will have to cut, cut and cut down on so many luxuries that even some necessities will be termed as luxury. I used to wonder at how the cleaners at my workplace who are married survive with 15k. Then I just shrug it off and do my best to dash them some cash once in a while. It's not a good situation but people are living through it.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Richkid97(m): 11:59am On Jul 28, 2016
H
fpeter:
Yesso my dear, in the present day Nigeria, if you don't settle now you may end up single at 50.
It may look small but with support from an industrious and good wife, you will manage. Don't despise
the days of small beginnings. Start from somewhere and God will bless your marriage eventually.

P.S: DON'T GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO DO A WHITE WEDDING OR PARTY TO PLEASE PEOPLE!!!

Wow I love this
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Olabestonic001(m): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
Phedam:
Can a man settle down with peanut salary

No insult pls.. Can a man settle down with 50k Monthly salary. ?

Yes you can.
Just let your wife be gainfully employed too.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by nolly87: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
A man can settle down or already settling down with 50k monthly salary. Let's use Ebonyi state as a case study. When a level 8 civil servant is paid 28k & many are married already with children y some are planning settling down. Its all about planning & don't live more than your income
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by ochigboochayi(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
You even go too far, how much is salary of a sergent in the Nigeria police
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by graphiti: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:
If a man can survive with #1500 monthly income, what stops one from surviving with #50000.
Its all about planning and adjusting ones lifestyle to income generated.

Enyia.... , abeg nor vexing o, With ur sophistry - at least with what I'm seeing nah-nah - can/will u settle down with a man on 50k or less?

Sentiments aside plz.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by akanbiaa(m): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
Emeritusseun:

i will categorically tel u dat the man has successfully invited d children from wherever dey were, to come snd suffer!....if 25k is d total income he has!,...mehn...d children might end up being on d street!
He occasionally gets land agent pay when he links land buyer to seller but its once in a blue moon. His wife earns 20k, but its Kuje Neighbourhood of Abuja.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by johnson232: 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:
cheesy

If your woman can cook with firewood and akunkpu as protein, you're good to go.

This buhari government wey ordinary salt sef no dey quick catch soup again?
lolzz...
una go kill person with laff one day...

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by abimic(m): 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
Very much possible citing location, spouse's occupation and commitment of both parties into consideration. Some states have got low cost of living which allows low salary earners to survive on the average, and if your wife earns well or better, then it would be a boost to the family's finances if u marry a good woman though, also commitment from both parties must be a top notch as your wife would surely be one who doesn't have flair for too much extravagance, irrelevances which is very uncommon with 95% of present day girls.
Still, u wouldn't be earning 50k all your life, if u keep hustling hard and believing in God, u might get a better job who pays triple or more your present take home monthly salary.
So, it's possible depending on how prepared are u for the task ahead.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by menxer: 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
Phedam:
Can a man settle down with peanut salary

No insult pls.. Can a man settle down with 50k Monthly salary. ?

You sef,
Come let me show you families that are running on empty, not sure how the next bill will be paid but are living as happy as if they are Dangote's relatives.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by saudyarmani(m): 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
Yes you can,as long as your wife is gainfully employed no matter how little she earns,she is understanding and ready to be supportive smiley and lastly you both cut your coat according to your cloth grin
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Felixalex(m): 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
olamide215:

I put it to u that u can't do half of the work most women are doing. She takes care of the home,the children and still works in the eyes of God women are more important and for some men that their senses are in order they can attest to that this is not even about equality.

I never said women are useless, read my comment well and understand that I mean that young women should not see men as created to work and take care of them....
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Tamakay(m): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
You can't if u still:
1. Club
2. Womanize
3. Smoke
4. Drink
5. Frivolous travels
6. Unnecessary phone calls
7. When u don't have focus
8. When u don't know where u are coming from
9. When u are not disciplined in ur style of living
10. And above all, when u don't know God.
Have u not read about that guy who made just 1,500 a month and still saves 500? My brother know ur priorities and if they are not feasible now, revisit ur scale of preference, downgrade then u can 100% settle down with that amount
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by agent01(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
50K is enough bro. Even I know of somebody collecting 47k as salary with 3 kids and still doing fine. Its possible for you to be earning 200k every month and those earning 35k can be doing well than you. Its not about the amount you earn but about planning by ensuring that its only what you need you buy not what you want.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Abagworo(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
The key is not to marry a jobless girl. As long as both of you have something to contribute then it will work. Finally you have to either reside at a rural area or a low cost part of the city.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Googleus(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
My fathers military pension was 15k wen we were kids (5 kids)... Now am a registered Engineer
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by crusufixo(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
Bro..... I did with N 60, 000.....
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Folusco: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
God will always make a way for his children after marriage, remember he said who has found a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord. Always use this to pray, it will work for you and God will increase you, provided you have not started to do what you suppose to do "inside" marriage now that you have not. Also yield to the advice people above, at least your spouse is working too.

Check my blog https://folusogade..com
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
lepagawu:
in other words you earn more than 50k monthly from your blogs cos you have settled down.

50k from my blog? Those I trained are even earning more than that.............
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Stanbeto: 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
Is possible my Broda i settled with lesser amount, but today the story has changed
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by akinsmyk(m): 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
gentlemanghost:
can you settle down with just 50k?

Don't get it wrong. Settling down with 50k is something different entirely. Settling down with 50k monthly salary is another. So ask your question again using that idea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Your Mother Calls You The Devil / Housewife Takes Rat Poison In Jigawa To Protest Husband’s Plan To Take 2nd Wife / Smith Takema: It’s Ungodly For You To Marry Woman Without Giving Her Enough Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.