Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:03 PM

Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone (19967 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Buy Smartphones On Contract. / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery / The Tecno Phantom 6: Things You Didn't Know About The Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by ITbomb(m): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Insecurity issues :

Most especially girls do have misinterpretation of words leading to problems that would not have arise if you were talking face to face or even text.

I once told a girl that the way she fling her hair is irritating (ie annoying) to me, she told her her friends that I said she was disgusting

Apart from that,
Call me twice and say you just wanted to hear from me, I'm not picking again the third time

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Promise05(m): 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
Number one is the main reason for many Nigerains telephobia 1.fear of speaking wrong english. 2. Fear of been recorded.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
OneManLegion:

I always knew that behind your brusque "bad guy" demeanor, lies an effeminate, shy, timid get-inside boy.

Not bad guy...Cruel Humour and Rational thoughts and how does giving an opinion make one timid...Weird
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Lordave: 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
vanquay69:
Not scared, just annoying.Beg to differ OP, It's more of a generational problem...The older generation have no problems talking on phone from my observation.

I really hate talking on phone, Just send a message and save me all that shìt. The most annoying is when your fathers uncles granddads cousin calls you and you don't pick, laterarents like REALLY?

HOW the fvck do you expect me to pick an unknown number, send a text God dammit
You don't pick an unknown number?
Are you a teenager? What do you do?
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
Lordave:
You don't pick an unknown number?
Are you a teenager? What do you do?

If it's official use my email or send a text...I am not fond of picking calls from Bored relatives. State your intentions via text and be brief
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by OneManLegion(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
vanquay69:

Not bad guy...Cruel Humour and Rational thoughts and how does giving an opinion make one timid...Weird

Next to pounded yam and vegetables soup garnished with diced kpomo and turkey, giving my opinion without reservations is what I do best. But I'm not shy because I have no qualms about picking up a call.

Refusing to pick up unsaved numbers bespeaks a paucity of confidence.
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
OneManLegion:

Next to pounded yam and vegetables soup garnished with diced kpomo and turkey, giving my opinion without reservations is what I do best. But I'm not shy because I have no qualms about picking up a call.

Refusing to pick up unsaved numbers bespeaks a paucity of confidence.

More like protocol to me...I have done stuff, better be safe than listening to someone threaten me etc...A simple text won't hurt if you desperately want to contact me.

Maybe I am an egomaniac if I don't pick unknown calls
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by dadaijboy: 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
Lols
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by sekem: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
A very nice post totally spoiled by just the picture of one kain mallam like DAT. embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
I concor.. ladies do dat more d always prefer flashin even if its der boyfiend
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by wonlasewonimi: 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
centboy123456:
Can some one tech me how to post Trend on NL pls some one to tech me I really need to post some trend

Just type slowly T R E N D
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by iamKeo(m): 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
Lemme say talking on the phone is really crappy. But it aint my biz tho.
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Caseless: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
BuzzRay:
why should any one be afraid of talking on phone?

If youre afraid of speaking on phone, then what about talking one-on-one with someone. Thats the worse case of social phobia.

Some people might be afraid of stammering.
I don't like talking on phone and I don't like meeting people I've not met before as in one-on-one.
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Moji12(f): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
I just feel lazy and talk over as i reply my pings/msgs much later.
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by Noneejiofor(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
vanquay69:
Not scared, just annoying.Beg to differ OP, It's more of a generational problem...The older generation have no problems talking on phone from my observation.

I really hate talking on phone, Just send a message and save me all that shìt. The most annoying is when your fathers uncles granddads cousin calls you and you don't pick, later he complains to your parents like REALLY?

HOW the fvck do you expect me to pick an unknown number, send a text God dammit
you dnt pick unknown numbers abi? make sure ur name is dangote...its very clear that you are not into any form of hustle...keep eating from mummies plate nd feeling fly...
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by centboy123456(m): 12:37am On Jul 29, 2016
wonlasewonimi:

Just type slowly T R E N D

Were shold I type it tech me men I need to know
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by AbroadBabe(f): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
OneManLegion:

I always knew that behind your brusque "bad guy" demeanor, lies an effeminate, shy, timid get-inside boy.
Sir good afternoon, I need your help now nd I know you can can do it for me.
with due respect Ma, the 2016 Mr nairaland election is ongoing, nd I need you to please help us with the dream of winning the elections.

https://www.nairaland.com/3265483/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final

just type" I vote falconey Cc: NLjega"

the voting continues tomorrow and the grand finale will be held on Wednesday.

I am trusting you for this sir
Re: Why Some Nigerians Are Scared Of Talking On The Phone by fxbot: 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
OneManLegion:

https://web./yourfirstonethousand/1017663841682606/?notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1470294370324761

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria / Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million / Why Infinix Note 3?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.