Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,514 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Edo2016: Open Letter To Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo2016: Open Letter To Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole (833 Views)

EDO2016: Obaseki Family Disowns Pedro, Urge Edo People To Vote Godwin / Edo2016: Photos From APC Rally In Auchi (Photos) / Edo State Governor( Comrade Adams Oshiomhole), Wins My Heart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo2016: Open Letter To Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole by Felosa(m): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2016
28th July, 2016

EDO2016

AN OPEN LETTER TO EDO STATE GOVERNOR COMRADE ADAMS ALLIU OSHIOMHOLE.

Attention: Mr Godwin Obaseki and Barr. Osarodion Ogie.

Comrade Governor sir, I write you this letter with all sense of humility and responsibility believing it will get to you. The main issue I intend to raise in this letter is an issue I ought to have raised in private with you because they concern our great party APC and the September 10th Governorship election. I have written severally to you to draw your kind attention to impending threat to the chances of our party but I have not gotten any response neither has the issue addressed. Also, i have also made several attempts to meet with you one on one and discuss these things but my efforts have proven abortive, hence the need for this letter hoping that you still have genuine friends and aides around who will draw your attention to it.

Comrade Governor sir, let me quickly remind you that I have been a consistent and committed supporter of ACN cum APC, in 2007 I supported you with all my hearts from the election to the court and in 2011 I also did all my best to mobilize for you and if you can still remember as the then president of Benin Youths Consultaive Forum I led my executives and members to endorse you few days to the election and I knew you were very elated and appreciative that day. Though I have not gotten any personal reward or empowerment from you even though many persons who were in the other side fighting us then have been rewarded and some of them are even in the Government house now throwing pebbles at us, but have been so encouraged and satisfied with the fact that you have been able to affect majority of Edo people because true politicking is not always for the main purpose of satisfying individual interest but the interest of the people. We know you and our party have not meant all the needs of Edo people but I am very optimistic that in the nearest future we will be able to do more.

Comrade Governor sir, In as much as I have so many grievances against you before the way you handled the APC primary and treated the deputy Governor but I have forgiven you and endorsed support as the candidate of the party Mr. Godwin Obaseki because I believe no man is perfect and the need to support our party to ensure victory. However, I must confess to you in sobriety that the way things are going now and if we don’t retrace our step immediately we are just going to fall cheaply for the opposition because they are already exploiting our weak points and political complacency. After the primary one would have expected that the Obaseki team and that of other aspirants will be brought to work together and integrated all, but from all I am seeing it is still all about Obaseki and nobody is being carried along. The people who are still aggrieved are more than those who have been reconciled, the people who have decided to be sitting down to look are still more than those who have started working…To me there is no reconciliation with other aspirants if their supporters and foot soldiers are not carried along and integrated into the campaign. Apart from that i am a voter and am on ground but my major area where my effect is being felt is the social media and I can tell you authoritatively that the APC social media is getting weakened every day because of today lack of, cohesion, integration and leadership to give direction and define a common front for effective social media campaigning. While the PDP social media team are meeting every day and organizing different symposium to suggest the way forward but the APC social media team is nowhere to be found, while the PDP social media team is celebrating getting one more vote for their party we in APC are celebrating one lost supporter for our party because of our bad attitude, inability to recognize everybody is relevant and basically lack of dynamic, proactive, intelligent .creative and vibrant social media leadership. It is just a case of everyman every man to himself, it is just all about uploading pictures and copying and paste without having a full grasp of What is happening . And when you decide to talk you are accused of looking for money and to me this is ridiculous. If election is lost on the social media, it is also lost on ground because the place of social media is indispensable. One would have expected that after the primary the Obaseki team and the team of other aspirants who lost would have met, familiarize, acquaint , harmonized and roll in one ball, but as I talk to you now I do not even know who is the head of our social media campaign or other members in the team. So many persons are leaving every day to support PDP and many have decided to remain neutral because they have realized the campaign is being run like a secret cult and none of them is being carried along. I have interacted with many of these aggrieved persons it is still the same complain, few days ago we lost one of our vibrant supporter Abraham to PDP because of our nonchalance and just this morning I woke up to realize that one of the strong Odubu loyalist Jane who has started working for Obaseki has openly declared that she wants to remain neutral because of the same anger of unseriousness and not been carried along by Obaseki team . Some of these people who were campaigning for other aspirants are now left with option of taking their destiny in their hands and taking a decision and many who have decided to support Obaseki are either leaving or planning to leave or rather deciding to remain neutral because they have realized they are own their own.. There is no leadership to define direction and protect their interest. It is now like a case of sheep without a shephered . The PDP have realized this lacuna and they are exploiting it to get more members. It is important to know that one more loyal party man who is ready to die and campaign for the party is more valuable than a hundred person in the street who are not party members. Nobody wants to remain in a place where you cannot be trusted or carried along because there will always be the question that if I cannot be carried along or seen to be relevant or trusted during the election, what hope do I have that I can also be carried along if we win? One of the rules of Power and Leadership is that you should make use of those you see as your former enemy than those u see as your friends because your former enemy will do a lot to prove his loyalty. This campaign cannot be about you, Osarodion, Obaseki and few cartel alone otherwise you may just realized that at the field on election day your party members will just direct all their supporters to vote for the opposition and I pray it does not get to that stage.

In conclusion your excellency, I am not writing this letter because I need money from you or anybody neither do I want any position in the campaign because that will always be the reasoning of the average classical black man who is already jaundiced or suffering from chronic myopia. I am writing this because I am your very good friend who does not want you to be disgraced because whether we like it or not this election is about you and Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu. And also, I am also writing it because of my strong chauvinism for my party and the desire for us to win. The sycophants, hypocrites, busy bodies and notice me people around you will never tell you all is not well because they want to always make you happy for their selfish interest. They will always act like the proverbial ostrich, they will never tell you all is not well even when they know it is not, they will always want to sing the song you will want to hear. To them, it is all about the end and not the means and they are more concern about the GOAL than the ROLE but I refuse to be in that category and the truth must be said. One of the reasons former president Goodluck Jonathan lost his 2015 election was because he was more surrounded with praise singers and sycophants than those who are bold enough to tell him the truth

Comrade Governor sir, not until this germane issue i raised is been addressed timeously without sentiment so many people will not have the full mind to work for the party and will are going to lose many to PDP as we approach the election . I believed we as a party has done our best for Edo people to guarantee our victory , nevertheless, how we project these things and put our house in other is more sacrosanct.

I wish you and the entire campaign team best of luck as you continue your campaigns in all local Governments and I hope that come September 1oth we will celebrate our victory and we can consolidate on the great developmental foundation you have laid.

Best Regards

cc.

APC NATIONAL AND STATE LEADERSHIP

MR GODWIN OBASEKI CAMPAIGN ORGANIZATION

ALL APC SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN TEAM

SIGNED:

FELIX OSEMWENGIE ISERE(esq)

President and Founder

Truth and Justice Vanguard.
(08058493322)
Re: Edo2016: Open Letter To Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole by LORDOFAFONJAS: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2016
kuje prison is loading for that use less short governor

1 Like

Re: Edo2016: Open Letter To Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole by KingBelieve: 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Edo2016: Open Letter To Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole by TippyTop(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
In conclusion your excellency, I am not writing this letter because I need money from you or anybody neither do I want any position in the campaign because that will always be the reasoning of the average classical black man who is already jaundiced or suffering from chronic myopia. I am writing this because I am your very good friend who does not want you to be disgraced because whether we like it or not this election is about you and Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu.

Its obvious Adamu wants 3rd term and he's only using Obaseki as proxy, D.O.A.

1 Like

Re: Edo2016: Open Letter To Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole by Elose11(m): 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mr. Isere when did you began working for Obaseki? Have you been settled? Below was your stand after the primary.

I REJECT EDO APC PRIMARY AND I REJECT OBASEKI WHO IS THE PRODUCT OF SUCH EVIL. - See more at: http://www.alltimepost.com/2016/06/i-withdraw-my-congratulatory-message-to-obaseki-and-i-reject-the-apc-primary/#sthash.0MfucgEb.dpuf
When did you change your stand without informing us?
Re: Edo2016: Open Letter To Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole by counsellorwiser(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
It's a puzzle to me why Oshiomhole has upstaged Obaseki in the Edo governorship campaign. This was exactly how apc did with Buhari. The candidate Buhari never spoke much for himself nor did he present any useful detailed plan of his government when elected. Apc spoke for him all through. Opportunity wasn't given to the press to really grill him, worst of all, he never showed up for the presidential debate. Today, we all can see the mess Buhari has achieved in more than a year in office.

Edo people must reject this dubious dirty campaign scam being replicated by Oshiomhole. Let Obaseki speak for himself now or be rejected totally by Edo electorates.

(1) (Reply)

5 Of The Shortest-reigning Leaders In History / Bukola Saraki Recieving Bashing On Twitter For Comments On IBB! / The Idiocy Of Nigerian Financial Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.