Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Barrack Obama’s Speech At DNC, Drums Support For Clinton - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barrack Obama’s Speech At DNC, Drums Support For Clinton (520 Views)

Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) / Funny Memes Of Melanie Trump Stealing Mitchell Obama's Speech / Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barrack Obama’s Speech At DNC, Drums Support For Clinton by timmy247x: 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
President of United States of America, Usain Barack Obama has begged voters to continue his legacy and trust build on him to heer Hillary Clinton to victory at the polls come November, 2016.

President Obama made the plead while addressing party supporters at the Democratic convention in Philadelphia. He said US voters were faced with a task to chose between hope and fear and showered praises on Mrs Hillary Clinton describing her the most qualified person ever to run for the White House. Read full speech text below:

“Hello, America! Hello, Democrats! So 12 years ago tonight I addressed this convention for the very first time. You met my two little girls , Malia and Sasha, now two amazing young women who just fill me with pride.

“You fell for my brilliant wife and partner, Michelle who has made me a better father and a better man , who has gone on to inspire our nation as first lady and who somehow hasn’t aged a day .

“I know,the same cannot be said for me. My girls remind me all the time. Wow, you ‘ve changed so much, daddy. And then they try to clean it up. Not bad, just more mature. And it’s true, I was so young that first time in Boston.

“And look , I ‘ll admit it , maybe I was a little nervous addressing such a big crowd. But I was filled with faith; faith in America, the generous, bighearted, hopeful country that made my story, that made all of our stories possible.

“A lot ‘ s happened over the years. And while this nation has been tested by war and it ‘ s been tested by recession and all manner of challenges , I stand before you again tonight, after almost two terms as your president, to tell you I am even more optimistic about the future of America than ever before .

“How could I not be , after all that we ‘ve achieved together? After the worst recession in 80 years, we ‘ve fought our way back. We ‘ ve seen deficits come down , 401 (k )s recover , an auto industry set new records, unemployment reach eight-year lows, and our businesses create15 million new jobs .

“After a century of trying, we declared that health care in America is not a privilege for a few , it is a right for everybody.

“After decades of talk , we finally began to wean ourselves off foreignoil , we doubled our production of clean energy. We brought more of our troops home to their families, and we delivered justice to Osama bin Laden.

“Through diplomacy, we shut down Iran’s nuclear weapons program, we opened up a new chapter with the people of Cuba, brought nearly 200 nations together around a climate agreement that could save this planet for our children.

“We put policies in place to help students with loans, protect consumers from fraud, cut veteran homelessness almost in half. And through countless acts of quiet courage, America learned that love has no limits , and marriage equality is now a reality across the land .

“By so many measures, our country is stronger and more prosperous than it was when we started. And through every victory and every setback, I ‘ve insisted that change is never easy, and never quick; that we wouldn’t meet all of our challenges in one term, or one presidency, or even in one lifetime.

“So tonight, I’m here to tell you that yes, we ‘ve still got more work to do. More work to do for every American still in need of a good job or a raise, paid leave or a decent retirement; for every child who needs a sturdier ladder out of poverty or a world-class education ; for everyone who has not yet felt the progress of these past seven-and-a-half years. We need to keep making our streets safer and our criminal justice system fairer; our homeland more secure, and our world more peaceful and sustainable for the next generation.

“We ‘ re not done perfecting our union , or living up to our founding creed that all of us are created equal, all of us are free in the eyes of God.

“And that work involves a big choice this November. I think it’s fair to say, this is not your typical election. It’ s not just a choice between parties or policies, the usual debates between left and right. This is a more fundamental choice about who we are as a people, and whether we stay true to this great American experiment in self- government

“Look , we Democrats have always had plenty of differences with the Republican Party, and there’s nothing wrong with that. it’s precisely this contest of ideas that pushes our country forward.

“But what we heard in Cleveland last week wasn’t particularly Republican and it sure wasn’t conservative. What we heard was a deeply pessimistic vision of a country where we turn against each other and turn away from the rest of the world. There were no serious solutions to pressing problems , just the fanning of resentment and blame and anger and hate. And that is not the America I know

“The America I know is full of courage and optimism and ingenuity. The America I know is decent and generous. Sure, we have real anxieties about paying the bills and protecting our kids, caring for a sick parent. We get frustrated with political...........

http://nextnewslive.com/barrack-obamas-speech-at-dnc-drums-support-for-clinton/

(1) (Reply)

“YOU HAVE SACRIFICED Nothing!!!:father Of Killed American Soldier Tells Trump- / Bodies Of Illegal Gold Miners Retrieved In South Africa / How Papers Would Have Reported Trump's Victory If Nigeria Was USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.