Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! (56475 Views)

7 Super Reasons Why You Must Begin Using WHATSAPP To Generate Steady Income / 10 Reasons Why Nigerians Must Start Affiliate Marketin Business Today / 10 Reasons Why Nigerians Must Start Affiliate Marketing Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
Despite all the economic woes and business/industrial downsizing, Nigerians are still blindly searching for jobs as a result of a burning fear in their minds that whisper failure to them when ever they think of being creative and do something personal. it is on this note i decide to write this to help wash away the fear that is buried deep within our minds.

"Less than 1% of people have the courage to face their fears, take risks, create their own businesses, change their lifestyles and become an entrepreneur."

Everyone experiences fear in their lives, even the most successful entrepreneurs out there. The people who became entrepreneurs have had to face and overcome their fears before they became entrepreneurs. But most people can't overcome this fear, so they carry on living ordinary lives working for the boss. even Dangote and otedola suffers such fear a lot.

Fear can take many forms such as being afraid to change, being afraid of the outcome of failure, being afraid of what others think you are doing etc. Fear also disguises itself as excuses, for instance 'I'm not ready to start my own business because I don't have time'. Underneath this excuse is fear.

I am here to share with you 3 Key Concepts that will gradually diminish the fear of becoming an entrepreneur.

THE VISION CONCEPT

Having a Vision of how you want to live your life as an entrepreneur is a powerful concept. Creating a vision first starts with realizing what you really want your life to be like in the future. You will start to focus on the thing that is driving you, and this will be a big part of your Courage and Motivation to take the leap into entrepreneurship.

Creating a vision will not only drive you to achieve what you want, but your fear of achieving it will start to naturally fade away because there is no stopping if you have a powerful vision backing you up.

THE BELIEF CONCEPT

Having a strong Belief goes hand in hand with your vision. You can have a great vision, but if you don't Really believe in it, you can't be an entrepreneur.

To really believe in something means that you will continue to pursue your belief no matter what struggles you will face to get there, and even more importantly no matter who tells you that it can't be done or it's not possible.

A strong belief will not get rid of your fear completely, but it will allow you to face it, and overtime your fear of becoming an entrepreneur will start to fade away.

THE ACTION CONCEPT

The last piece of the puzzle is taking Action.

If you haven't developed a vision and belief system, then at some point in time you will give up because your mind-set is not in the right place. When your mind-set is built up and ready to go, then it's time to apply yourself as an entrepreneur.

Once you start taking consistent action in your life and business, overtime you will start to see results, your motivation will improve and most importantly your fear will get to a point where it seems like it doesn't even exist anymore.

Remember the 3 Key Concepts

1. Create a Vision of what you want
2. Have the Belief that you can achieve it
3. Take Action to get there

lastly i will conclude with a saying that i find in almost all inspirational/motivational, self improvement and financial books i have read. it was in "the richest man in babylon, you were born rich, think and grow rich, greatest sales man in the world, rich dad poor dad, ziglar's you can reach the top" and so on. it goes as . . . . .

Never Allow The Fear Of Failing Surpass The Joy/Happiness That Comes With Succeeding.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
wondering where to begin from? my writeup at www.importsng.com will gear u up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
How can we get business ideas for newbies..
Who are working but want to become entrepreneurs

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
How can we get business ideas for newbies..

Who are working but want to become entrepreneurs

i will urge you to be very curious. anywhere you go try to look at what people are doing and also derive your unique ideas from their. i detailed a business you can start with at www.importsng.com you can check it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Cornel88(m): 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
Good one. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Cornel88:
Good one. Thanks.
you welcome bro. look out for my next. it will also be hot

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by werthy(m): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
I was in this prison for like 3 years

Delievered now

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
werthy:
I was in this prison for like 3 years
Delievered now
thank God you have been delivered

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by veekid(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
Better said than done

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by DirtyGold: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
I dont wanna be a naysayer but, this is not the time to be experimenting with 'change'. That is a candid advice! The economy is not favourable and a failure now may upgrade your fear 'of risk' to phobia....

Take it from someone who truly knows because your business will not operate on your head but in the real world (Nigeria) where things are largely unstable right now.

What's tha business?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by kings09(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
OP who told u Nigerians de fear to be on their own. Nigerians r talented n creative ppl but unfortunately, we r in a system dat does not encourage creativity rather it suppresses it. So I tink u got ur article very wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by ChappyChase: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
Truth is, Not every one is supposed to be a business owner.. Take it or Leave it!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by femi4: 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
Easier said than done

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
Only if it were easy to take out a loan, then being an entrepreneur would be easier

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by OXYZ: 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
We are not equally endow some are born enterpreneur while others are wired to draw salary.To be candid with you, you have to be an extra-ordinary Nigerian for you to become a successful entrepreneur.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Sirmuel1(m): 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Let me sleep here jare grin grin

Lala come and join me grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Standing5(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
Fear is real but the harsh challenges are real too. How do you go into singlet production when factors of production like power, water, road, labour are inflated and yet the border is porous enough for smugglers to bring in cheaper alternatives to your market?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by seguno2: 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
It is about time for this.
In fact this is coming too late.
But then, better late than never.
We need to appreciate DOGGEDNESS in the face of failure.
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by PBundles(m): 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
So very true and you took the words out of my mouth! [/b]Being in business myself, as well as banking for over 20 years as well as being a part time lecturer in a business school in Europe, i can not tell you the uncountable times someone THOUGHT they were good in business or could succeed in it, whereas that is not true.

[b]I have actually said in many seminars, being good in business is like the fallacy of good sex, everyone thinks they are good at it.

ChappyChase:
Truth is, Not every one is supposed to be a business owner.. Take it or Leave it!
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Pavore9: 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
E no easy o!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by seguno2: 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
kings09:
OP who told u Nigerians de fear to be on their own. Nigerians r talented n creative ppl but unfortunately, we r in a system dat does not encourage creativity rather it suppresses it. So I tink u got ur article very wrong.

Do you mind telling us how the system WE are in can change for better?
WHO can we expect to make the change happen?
Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by emymeeky: 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
grin Let me chip in.

First of all , DREAM BIG. Your dreams and visions determine your actions. Ask yourself some pertinent questions; Do those people who own multinational companies have 2 heads ? Did God deny me the capability to make life changing decisions ??

Honestly being an entrepreneur comes with huge challenges . Theoretically , it sounds easy but in the real world , you find it hard meeting your projections.

But patience... I mean patience and dedication is required to push your business to the next level .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by alphaconde(m): 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
entrepreneurship is the way, i can not die a salary earner.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Viktor1983(m): 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
What's our rank again on the world ease of doing business index?
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Realmcfynest: 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nope

I disagree with you op. We all cannot be entrepreneurs. You can only say we should be good at what we are doing.

If you own a business and no one to work with you as an emoloyee, how will your business grow?

Enjoy what you do, some were made to be entrepreneurs, others perfom better when they serve as employees...... What you just need to love what you do and aim to be better.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by ChappyChase: 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
PBundles:
So very true and you took the words out of my mouth! Being in business myself, as well as banking for over 20 years as well as being a part time lecturer in a business school in Europe, i can not tell you the uncountable times someone THOUGHT they were good in business or could succeed in it, whereas that is not true.

I have actually said in many seminars, being good in business is like the fallacy of good sex, everyone thinks they are good at it.

On till they get it to it and fail Woefully!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmm.... People should be wary of this import-asspert oo. The only thing this guy knows about is how to sell e-books! I have been following this guy for quite a while and he uses trick to Trend his topics due to;

(1) He probably created 20 fake profiles and is following "himself."... You think its impossible? If he has 2 laptops and two phones, he only needs to install 5 different browsers on each of them to operate 5 fake profiles on each of them... Adding it up gives 20 profiles! Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Yandex, Uc Browser is enough for the job!... The only thing he needs to do is make sure the "fake profiles" views every thread he creates with his main moniker... Add it up to the few gullible ones who bought ebook and you have your answer! Once they view the threads simultaneously and it trends, real people who are greedy and wants to make quick will now start viewing it in trending... Voila EBOOK! Hustle don Pay!

(2) Most times by the way, he doesnt really need to create profiles.. He only needs to view the thread created by his main profile from five different browsers on 4 different gadgets simultaneously... Thats still 20 views in 3 seconds.. Albeit they will now be viewing as "GUESTS"... If you are doubting me, take a look at the attached images. Within 20 seconds of creating threads, only GUESTS WILL BE VIEWING!. You will also observe that the number of "GUESTS" will keep on rising!Wondering how he does this without getting tired or bored? Read number 3!

(3) He also probably uses a tool called "Auto reload Tab" in browsers..... Search it in browser addons... You will see varieties! The only thing you need to do with this tool is to set it to refresh every page every 3 second. With good internet speed, pages open in 3 seconds... Nairaland will be crawling it as "Real Views". So, just imagine having 20 different profiles on 5 different browsers refreshing a particular page every 3 second... Thats about 400 views in a minute! And 12,000 views in 30 minutes... Voila... Traffic! Nairaland will automatically be crawling the views!! Then real people will see the topic on trending... If you ask him a question, he refers you to his website where you buy ebook!! Voila... Hustle don pay.. Thats the end game!... YOU SEE AM? Co-operate street!...

Nigerians, please stay away from anything importation and entrepreneurship right now. Its very dangerous! you will bring in goods and no patronage. You know why? PEOPLE DONT HAVE ANY MONEY RIGHT NOW TO FEED NOT TO TALK OF BUYING STUFFS FROM IMPORTERS. Be Warned!

Agriculture, Farming, Handwork or Artisans (Barbing, Mechanic, Electrician, Mason, People that throw away dustbin)... These proffessions are the way forward! People Must Eat... Thats why Farmers are smiling to the bank everyday!. Please Listen to me oo!

Importers, Traders, Doctors, Lawyers, are not finding it funny right now! Be warned!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by ichommy(m): 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
Aye
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
veekid:
Better said than done

yes especially in people like you that allow motivation dies in you as fast as a wink of an eye cheesy
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by sonofthunder: 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
less than 1%... how did we even calculate the stats op
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by AishyWemsy(f): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
like it or not, entrepreneurship is the best and wisest option now, the country promises nobody a dream job. All the skills that have been operated by semi literate or illiterate with cheap prices, graduates have ventured into them and have created unique outlook out of them, that is why you see crazy charges by photographer, event decorator, baker, jewellers, graphics designers nowadays. It is better we wake up and have visions. We are not all cut out to be entrepreneurs, fine, do u know what u were cut out for. Where are your dream jobs? Got them yet? It is better to stop blaming govt n connections. Take charge of your life. Nobody says it will be easy but it will definitely worth it with constant practice n determination. Op has spoken and he has great points.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Vick4rill(m): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
this issue has been so flogged that it now sounds lyk the poems pupils sang at nursery school. sometimes i wondered if this entrepreneur preachers, use to decend from jupiter or wat why cant u guys be realistic for once? the time u waste advitising a system that is already been use by the majority should be channelled into discouragement of high rate of child birth in this country!! if u are going to be realistic for once, u will notice that majority of Nigerians, are already entrepreneurs. but yet we still ve the highest rate of poverty... why cant u think deep my frnd, and realise that over popuplation is our main problem... dnt u think is time a rule that prohibit high rate of child birth should be implemented? if we are nt careful we will end up over - hyping entrepreneurship just like we over hyped education in this country.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving / Aminu Dantata: I Am Just Waiting For My Time, I No Longer Enjoy Life / New Trend On Forex Indicators: Amazing Forex Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.