Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

#SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji (32592 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by MSItachi: 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
Kennedymac:
ur sisters are the useless ones linda was one of the reasons why they got the money needed for mayowa's treatment how many of u fools here donated 1 kobo for mayowa's treatment bt here u are insulting someone who put all resources to make sure mayowa's pleas was heard

No time for cyber fight enjoy
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Ahmed99: 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
which one I go believe anyway scam or no scam would make a donation....#bloggers and lie chai

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Generalkorex(m): 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ogbeche77:
Something isn't right here.. The family earlier made public a nemail exchange between them and a "supposed" representative at Emory hospital in Atlanta.. So why are they all of a sudden heading to UAE?
There is a difference between USA & UAE.. They should clarify that part, else the public ll remain suspicious of their actions
oga lngst time how germo
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by blazetitov: 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
Benbobola:

But a video is on Instagram of toyin and d lady, mayowa. Toyin was in the hospital with her pleading for Nigerians to help her, so I think that audio must have been doctored

I don't think the audio was doctored. The video on Instagram was when Toyin believed she was doing the right thing.

1 Like

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by knash1(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
I wonder how myopic most people are. Am not against any donation, but at her stage of cancer it's only God that can save her. Medically I doubt. So the family requesting for 36 million naira and 100000 dollars to fly her abroad for treatment at this level is questionable. And people should try reason before saying rubbish. PROF DORA AKUNYILI suffered same ovarian cancer. Bottom line is routine medical check up once in a while reduces rate of such illness.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Jacko1(m): 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
Let the so called family members comenout and say its is not a scam

Posting on facebook does not cut it for me

Linda ikeji is an investigative journalist.... She digs into things and publishes only after vertobg and verifying

Truth will come out in 3 days kpata kpata and you woll see say na scam

They just bidding time to move their money

Best ppl dig onto this before 5 family members cut out go Uk
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by P0intBlank(m): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
aalangel:
When the final story comes out, people will be shocked.

I hope they (haters) will humble enough to apologize to Linda when the truth is finally out.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by NSNA: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Linda is proofing herself to be very heartless,

Did she want some money for promoting or does Toyin Ayemaku want something.

Why just recklessly declare it was a scam when the patient donated to is still alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Manamax(m): 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
Some bloggers sha making money is all they care for.. No p.. Anything you're doing now God gonna reward for telling lies against a sick person.. She shall be healthy by God's Grace to put liars to shame..
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Handsomecole(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
Linda Ikeji is fast becoming or rather has become a nuisance to the Nigerian society. Even if what she said was true, even if the Doctors have certified the lady incurable, does that mean that her family should fold arms and watch her die like a Chicken ?? Every human has a right to life and no one is God. What will Linda gain by peddling such against someone's life.
Linda keeps reminding me that Poverty is a state of mentality, it sticks with you even when you later become rich.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Ranchhoddas: 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
Byko899:
when I first read that news on Linda ikeji blog, I was kind of surprise, who gives up because a particular doctor told you all hope is lost,no body will do that,even if is obvious to you that the person will not make it,you still have to try something,try some other doctor that is we human being, even those people lamenting,so the family should fold their hands because the cancer is in stage four,and be watching her like film,NO!!!!, non of us will do that
Really? Do you have any idea what stage four cancer is?
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by willibounce1(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
Why not calm down and allow the truth come out. We k.iw Aunty Linda can do anything for money, but then, what if it's true. The most important thing is the life of Mayowa. Even if her illness is in stage 100, you don't expect her family to sit and watch her die... that will be a very painful way to lose a loved one, it'll also be painful for the sick person to watch herself die helplessly without any effort.

We shouldn't be too quick to judge.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
annnikky:

Like they care about it undecided

Money rules d world remember so they care about d money involved n family is secondary sad angry

Thats 9ja for u ni undecided
Apparently ure right dear
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by babyfaceafrica: 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ishilove:

Finally, an observant person.

What people seem to forget is Linda is not a journalist hence her very unprofessional style of reportage. She simply blogged about the information she got from Toyin Aimakhu who was in LUTH with police officers.

Toyin granted Ynaija an interview alleging that LUTH doctors said the medical report which the family presented was fake.

I don't understand why Linda is being attacked. My only grouse with her was her unprofessional style of reporting the events. The real person we should be querying is Toyin and the luth doctors, not linda.

She's a blogger, dammit, not a journalist.
so bloggers have no morals,no ethics ,no values?...is that all blogging is all about?..money!!!

2 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by erons20ddon(m): 12:19am On Jul 29, 2016
Wonder what has hapnd to investigative journalism in dis country!!!
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Codyt(m): 12:28am On Jul 29, 2016
dacovajnr:
Where are Aunty Smelly kitty Defenders..When Wizzy attacked her Them say "He's being Disrespectful "isn't it obvious now that "Aiye Linda Ti baje"When someone Life is ruined already they'll be looking for who to drag down with em..This is just an Evidence that shows Why the Old Rag is still single coz she won't mind her own Biz and always Nose poking and feeding her readers false News all in the name of Making Money#SmellyKittyCat
I dey your back... Infact...

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Benbobola(m): 12:34am On Jul 29, 2016
D problem is another account was recently created for her by a scammer. That is what Toyin called a scam not that the whole thing was a hoax. No matter the stage d illness was, there is always a chance that faith would speak for them. So if they feel the need to fly her abroad and try, yes! Every life is worth saving. Faith and prayer goes hand in hand on this one.

2 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Flawless(f): 12:36am On Jul 29, 2016
It was that old cargo called Kate Henshaw started the rubbish anyway. What I don't understand is why people would believe what this linda ikeji and Kate Henshaw spills. What I know and is obvious to us all is that mayowa is genuinely ill and on her sick bed. I found it hard to belive that a person in this condition would think of scamming people. The family are only looking for the best possible way to save or prolong their sister's life. I have seen someone that was giving couple of months to live and is still alive 20 years later. Miracles do happen and I pray God almighty would prove the likes of linda and Kate Henshaw wrong and this lady called mayowa would live long to put all her mockers and naysayer wrong.
Linda ikeji and Kate Henshaw are both disgrace to the human race. That's why both of them blocked me but I have prayed for this girl and I hope this lady live to the glory of God and to the shame of those that have condemned her to death already. I work in the medical field and have seen miraculously cases and I have prayed that this case should be one of such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by DREGE: 12:56am On Jul 29, 2016
JohnNgene:
Maybe Linda was misinformed.
Because I have a feeling she might have also donated her money to Save Mayowa.

Maybe Mayowa's family was misunderstood.
Because that $100,000 can still be used by them to set up a foundation to Save Other Mayowas.

Maybe we are all too quick to judge Mayowa and Linda.
Let's learn our lessons from all this.
Let's not harden our hearts to the sick and needy.
Let's focus on Saving Others.

Remember!
We saved Kanu Nwankwo.
He is Saving a Thousand Others.
Nice one
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by slowbreeze(f): 4:59am On Jul 29, 2016
In as much as some ppl rightly said,medically speaking dis is an advanced cancer,and deres not much hope except palliatively.Someone even made reference to d late Akunyili who suffered similar disease.,U shuld understand dat the family just cant sit dere helplessly and watch her die.They are trying to give her a fighting chance.
I am saying so cos Iv been in such situation,so i av an idea wat dey r going thru.They are now prisoners of faith and hope.People's fate differs.I know someone who had advanced cancer was told to go home dat dere was notin much to b done, and given at least 3months to live.They continued to fought it both medically(abroad) and spiritually(prayers),But dis is 21/2 years and she is still alive..Its only God that has d final say.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by JustCurious: 5:10am On Jul 29, 2016
Dabbyfab:
That Toyin and Aramide wanted a share of that millions that is what I observed. Give money commot eye at least the girl has cancer to the best of our knowledge .
God go bless you. This your last statement just nailed it.
"Give money, commot eyes.."
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by seyi42k(m): 5:33am On Jul 29, 2016
You know something guys. It is because of blogs & bloggers like this that the National Assembly threatened to pass the social media bill. Linda has become a rabid dog.

One day, she will go beyond the parameters of grace and favour God has set for her.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by nanaman(m): 5:37am On Jul 29, 2016
knash1:
I wonder how myopic most people are. Am not against any donation, but at her stage of cancer it's only God that can save her. Medically I doubt. So the family requesting for 36 million naira and 100000 dollars to fly her abroad for treatment at this level is questionable. And people should try reason before saying rubbish. PROF DORA AKUNYILI suffered same ovarian cancer. Bottom line is routine medical check up once in a while reduces rate of such illness.

Does that mean she should be left to die without doing anything.? Nigerians will always put pressure on GOD when something could still be done medically. Let them try all they can till anything happens.

Imagine, if she gets to UAE or US and the doctor realise something could still be done to salvage her life. Let me ask you,have ever been in pains for 9hrs without any drug to reduce the pains.? You're the only one that can explain things.

Yes,the family might have not envisiaged things might get out hands but my problem is,why did Aunty Linda not get in touch with the family ? Ask questions and if she's still in doubt, she advise them on how to make sure the funds is well managed and used for what it meant for like calling Toyin and co to be in charge(trustee) rather than coming online to tarnish the family's name.

One thing is certain,someone somewhere wants to benefit from the money. Good or bad on the outcome of the sick lady,she would never forgive the person.#get-well-soon-mayowa

1 Like

Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by nanaman(m): 6:02am On Jul 29, 2016
Flawless:

It was that old cargo called Kate Henshaw started the rubbish anyway. What I don't understand is why people would believe what this linda ikeji and Kate Henshaw spills. What I know and is obvious to us all is that mayowa is genuinely ill and on her sick bed. I found it hard to belive that a person in this condition would think of scamming people. The family are only looking for the best possible way to save or prolong their sister's life. I have seen someone that was giving couple of months to live and is still alive 20 years later. Miracles do happen and I pray God almighty would prove the likes of linda and Kate Henshaw wrong and this lady called mayowa would live long to put all her mockers and naysayer wrong.
Linda ikeji and Kate Henshaw are both disgrace to the human race. That's why both of them blocked me but I have prayed for this girl and I hope this lady live to the glory of God and to the shame of those that have condemned her to death already. I work in the medical field and have seen miraculously cases and I have prayed that this case should be one of such.

God bless you ma'am.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by eyinjuege: 6:19am On Jul 29, 2016
SC31:
exactly

They might have been talking to doctors in the USA but end up going to UAE because of logistic reasons.
She and whoever is to travel with her might have been denied visas to the US.
Its easier and cheaper to go to UAE.

I don't know anything about the story, so cannot support her or those saying she's lying about her prognosis.

I do know a lot of people in Naija cannot come to terms with the concept of dying, and even if they were told they've got 1 month to live, would still look for a miracle.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Slimmyqueen(f): 7:11am On Jul 29, 2016
Haba aunty Linda, God will help you.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Ronaldinnioh(m): 8:20am On Jul 29, 2016
It is even unethical for someone to publish another's persons Medical report. How can lindaikeji have access to all those documents she uploaded on her blog?
Am kind of confuse here. Yes, They had a hospital in mind before but things can change for better in another hospital. Their are series of clinics in the world that can threat Cancer. The way Lindaikeji painted this whole thing was on a bad note. She might think it's funny because she is not affected in anyway and nothing will happen to her.

Were was she when all these #SaveMayowa stuff started?

Why didn't her blog investigate all this from the beginning?

Didn't the Toyin Woman confess on time before Nigerians made their Donations?

Or you want us to believe by saying Doctors have adviced her to go home and die and also saying it has gotten to her liver.

Don't you know Lindaikeji that medically we can do liver transplant?

Lindaikeji you did something very bad. Their are ways to go about your publish on a thing like this. You could have allowed the police or other form of Security operatives do their Job before you post anything for people to read.

Don't you have human heart Lindaikeji

Even If she is dying beyond prepare should the loved fold their hands and watch her daughter die?

Linda don't because of money and fame. Tarnish your image.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by aalangel(f): 8:42am On Jul 29, 2016
P0intBlank:

I hope they (haters) will humble enough to apologize to Linda when the truth is finally out.

Trust Nigerians to do "about turn"...
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by mokane28: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2016
Shut up! You and who saved Kanu nwankwo?
JohnNgene:
Maybe Linda was misinformed.
Because I have a feeling she might have also donated her money to Save Mayowa.

Maybe Mayowa's family was misunderstood.
Because that $100,000 can still be used by them to set up a foundation to Save Other Mayowas.

Maybe we are all too quick to judge Mayowa and Linda.
Let's learn our lessons from all this.
Let's not harden our hearts to the sick and needy.
Let's focus on Saving Others.

Remember!
We saved Kanu Nwankwo.
He is Saving a Thousand Others.
Re: #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji by Kennedymac(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2016
dayveed1:
My gf donated somee money for her she felt so bad when she heard it was a scam I knew Linda was at it again... Crazy woman... I pray that kind of cancer locate her IJN. Amen.
shame on u calling the name of jesus while wishing someone who has done no wrong to u evil, emancipate ur self from mental slavery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Unilag Produces Ambuvalent Ventilator / Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue / #RipMayowa Trends As Nigerians Mourn Mayowa Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.