Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Reward Of Goodness In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Reward Of Goodness In Islam (3993 Views)

Palm Wine In Islam / Cousin Marriage in Islam / "Seven (7) Ways To Earn Reward Even After Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by Mubby4luv(m): 6:36am On Jul 29, 2016
Abu Mas’ud reported: A man came to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and he said, “My animal has died, so help me.

” The Prophet said, “I do not have anything.”

Another man said, “O Messenger of Allah, I can show him someone who can help him.”

The Prophet said, “Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward.”

Source: Sahih Muslim 1893

Also in the holy Quran, Praise be to Allah.
Allah has promised the believer who does righteous deeds reward in this world, as well as the greater reward which awaits him in the Hereafter.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whoever works righteousness — whether male or female — while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter”
[al-Nahl 16:97]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by hadjipapiey(m): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2016
Maa shaa ALLAH

1 Like

Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by Emusan(m): 10:58am On Jul 29, 2016
Mubby4luv:
Abu Mas’ud reported: A man came to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and he said,

Please, help me clarify something @bold

What does Muhammad need PEACE and BLESSINGS for in heaven?
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by piissreligion: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
doing good to people should be despite religion in my opinion and certainly not because I should expect a reward
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by Musharraf: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
JazakaLLAHU khayran
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by Presbulg(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Emusan:

Please, help me clarify something @bold
What does Muhammad need PEACE and BLESSINGS for in heaven?
It's to show respect. Muslims are supposed to put (PBUH) or (SAW) after naming any and all prophets of Allah(SWT)
PBUH is an acronym for "Peace be upon him"; likewise SAW is an acronym for sallallahu alayhi wasallam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by olayinkajnr(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
Presbulg:

It's to show respect. Muslims are supposed to
put (PBUH) or (SAW) after naming any and all
prophets of Allah(SWT)

PBUH is an acronym for "Peace be upon him";
likewise SAW is an acronym for sallallahu alayhi
wasallam.

Not all Prophets of Allah can be attributed with SAW. Only prophet Muhammad (SAW) can. Other Prophets of Allah are attributed with (AS) or (ASW).. Alaysalatu Wasalam or Alayhis Salam means to him be peace...

1 Like

Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by Mubby4luv(m): 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mubby4luv:
Assalamu Alikum,

Allah SWA has promised the believer who does righteous deeds reward in this world, as well as the greater reward which awaits him in the Hereafter.

“Whoever works righteousness — whether male or female — while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do
(i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter”

Ibn al-Qayyim said: Allah guarantees to those who believe and do righteous deeds reward in this world with a good life, and Paradise on the Day of Resurrection.

The rewards in this life for some good deeds have been mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah. These include the following:

1 – Spending for the sake of Allah

Allah says:
“and whatsoever you spend of anything (in Allah’s Cause), He will replace it. And He is the Best of providers”
[Saba’ 34:39]

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah says: ‘O son of Adam, spend and I will spend on you."
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4407; Muslim, 993).

Spending for the sake of Allaah is one of the means of increasing one’s provision.

2 – Being easy-going with a debtor who is facing hardship, concealing a Muslim’s faults and helping him.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said:
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“Whoever relieves a Muslim of some distress in this world, Allah will relieve him of some distress on the Day of Resurrection.

Whoever is easy-going with a debtor who is facing hardship, Allah will make it easy for him in this world and in the Hereafter.
And whoever conceals a Muslim’s faults, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter. And Allah will help His slave so long as His slave helps his brother.”
Narrated by Muslim, 2699.

3 – Being humble for the sake of Allah.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Wealth never decreases because of charity. No person shows forbearance but Allah will honour him and no one is humble for the sake of Allah but Allah will raise him in status.”

Narrated by Muslim, 2588.

Al-Mubaarakfoori said:
“raise him in status” means in this world and in the Hereafter.
Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 6/150.

4 – Upholding the ties of kinship

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:

“Whoever would like to have his provision increased or his lifespan extended, let him uphold the ties of kinship.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1961; Muslim, 2557.

With regard to the extension of one’s lifespan there is a well-known scholarly discussion, which is that lifespans and provisions are decreed and cannot increase or decrease.
“when their term comes, neither can they delay it nor can they advance it an hour (or a moment)” [Yoonus 10:49 – interpretation of the meaning].

The scholars came up with several answers to this issue, the most correct of which:

That this refers to an increase of blessing during one's lifetime, being guided to do good deeds and to make use of one's times in ways that will be of benefit in the Hereafter and to make the most of his time for the sake of Allah.

Etc
Allah knows best. Assalamu Alikum

Jummuat Mubarak!
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by malvisguy212: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mubby4luv:

Also in the holy Quran, Praise be to Allah.
Allah has promised the believer who does righteous deeds reward in this world, as well as the greater reward which awaits him in the Hereafter.

“Whoever works righteousness — whether male or female — while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter”
Do you think you can bribe God with your good deed ? Listen!! Good work done by a sinful men can NEVER please a HOLY GOD, God must judge ALL sin, so don't deceive yourself.

If Good work done by sinful men will please God, then what the point of becoming a christian or muslim ? A pagan can do Good work, do you think God will reward him ? All what you wrote here are FALSE doctrine from the pit of hell.
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by malvisguy212: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
Presbulg:

It's to show respect. Muslims are supposed to
put (PBUH) or (SAW) after naming any and all
prophets of Allah(SWT)

PBUH is an acronym for "Peace be upon him";
likewise SAW is an acronym for sallallahu alayhi
wasallam.
why will you invoke peace on someone you claim is in heaven ? Heaven and earth, which is more peaceful ? Compare to what jesus say here:

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto
you: NOT AS THE WORLD GIVETH, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be
afraid.
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by Mubby4luv(m): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
malvisguy212:
Do you think you can bribe God with your good deed ? Listen!! Good work done by a sinful men can NEVER please a HOLY GOD, God must judge ALL sin, so don't deceive yourself.

If Good work done by sinful men will please God, then what the point of becoming a christian or muslim ? A pagan can do Good work, do you think God will reward him ? All what you wrote here are FALSE doctrine from the pit of hell.
k
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by Presbulg(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
why will you invoke peace on someone you claim is in heaven ? Heaven and earth, which is more peaceful ? Compare to what jesus say here:

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto
you: NOT AS THE WORLD GIVETH, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be
afraid.

We say it anytime any name of the prophets is mentioned not just Rosul(SAW). We believe the prophets are best of people to ever walk this earth so we ask God to bless them. It doesn't mean they are not already at peace.

The Prophet ﷺ said, “He who sends blessings on me once, Allah sends blessings on him ten
times and removes from him ten sins and raises
him by ten degrees.”
(Nisaa'i)

Allah (exalted is He) says:
“Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the
Prophet, and His angels [ask him to do so]. O
you who have believed, ask [Allah to confer]
blessing upon him and ask [Allah to grant him]
peace.”
[Qur’an, 33: 56 ]

1 Like

Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by malvisguy212: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2016
Presbulg:

We say it anytime any name of the prophets is mentioned not just Rosul(SAW). We believe the prophets are best of people to ever walk this earth so we ask God to bless them. It doesn't mean they are not already at peace.

The Prophet ﷺ said, “He who sends blessings on me once, Allah sends blessings on him ten
times and removes from him ten sins and raises
him by ten degrees.”
(Nisaa'i)

Allah (exalted is He) says:
“Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the
Prophet, and His angels [ask him to do so]. O
you who have believed, ask [Allah to confer]
blessing upon him and ask [Allah to grant him]
peace.”
[Qur’an, 33: 56 ]
everything point to muhammed, NO one else. Why will a sinner be mediator between a HOLY God and man ? Definitely, the God in the bible hate sin, He will not allow such sinner meditate for peace, NEVER!!!
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by malvisguy212: 7:35am On Jul 31, 2016
You send peace to muhammed because he is in hell, the quran and hadith prove this to be true.
Re: The Reward Of Goodness In Islam by Presbulg(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
everything point to muhammed, NO one else. Why will a sinner be mediator between a HOLY God and man ? Definitely, the God in the bible hate sin, He will not allow such sinner meditate for peace, NEVER!!!

The point is we do the same for for the other prophets too.

(1) (Reply)

The Virtue Of The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan And Lailatul Qodr / A Plea From A Muslim Sister / I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.