Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. (34426 Views)

"I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady / 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by glossy6(f): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
I am Igbo and I hate Linda. #ihatelinda

congrats

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
funny nigerians, they wont storm the house of rep and the senate to protest the looting of the billions of naira(ruuning close to a billion dollars) meant for the development of the country and its healthcare facilities, but they can storm the hospital to verify if a patient on sick bed is scamming them or not of just a meagre amount. Nigeria is full of illiterates possessing universities degrees..

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by hUmaneOne: 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
shala01:

There no medical discovering or new drug that can stop her dead.
Because of widespread metastasis? You're very ignorant.
Event at that,do you know that "end of life" care is very expensive ?

Unfortunately ,in Nigeria we do not practice EOL care..if a person has a terminal diagnosis we leave them to rot,which is wrong.
Westerners do not behave like us, primitives.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Babysheart(f): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
Linda never said she isn't sick. She said her family has been told her case is hopeless. But they are still collecting donations for an imaginary treatment. That makes it a scam.
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Chinwem(f): 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
That Toyin lady has always struck me as mentally unstable. Those two including Linda should have applied a little wisdom in the matter.

Even if the treatment is experimental Mayowa should have a chance at life. LUTH says its X diagnosis, everywhere in the world people are entitled to a second medical opinion from wherever they like . Even if it's terminal, end of life or palliative care can extend her life for a while with good quality of life and a dignified death . I ve not known LUTH to provide any of these.

After arresting her relatives who will look after her? Money can never buy wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Moz22: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
shala01:

There no medical discovering or new drug that can stop her dead.
why wish her dead when she isn't dead yet...are u outta ya senses? Be reasonable without being too critical.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
Moz22:
why wish her dead when she isn't dead yet...are u outta ya senses? Be reasonable without being too critical.
I am not wishing her dead but she is dying and her family knows this. Why the deception Why drag her into a scam do you know a man named Steve job?? Do you know a woman called Dora Akuyile she is going to die eventually. She should be allow to go on peace
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by kemzyAjaks(f): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
D corridor....dats LUTH quite alright.... Buh d ward....?? xcept if its d private wing sha....plus LUTH nurses are on strike and admissions haven't been happening...xcept if it's d private wing lyk i said
Btw..i don't think any1 wld want to lie on an issue lyk dis with her pictures all around!!
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nigerians are just being too sentimental and this is why corruption and immorality has risen to high heavens here. Linda may have rushed to debunk a course she was once a part of as scam without articulating her reactions properly. She acted just like the woman she is, women generally act on impulse. That however does not mean she didn't have a reason to feel suspicious. Yes Mayowa is very sick and need our support and prayers, but again let also try and think outside the box. I know for sure Linda didn't act out of hate for the young lady's family or disbelieve on her plight, but at the shock of some new information that got to her.

Her reaction I guess stemmed from the fact that doctors at LUTH and some other well recognized Nigerian doctors and oncologist has declared Mayowa's case as irreversible and irredeemable. So it is assumed that they, having such knowledge and still went ahead to solicit for funds knowing fully well the lady wont pull through is akin to scam. What she however failed to realize is that we are Nigerians and are blessed with a very rare trait which is one of the things that has kept us from war; OPTIMISM. Add that to our strong religious believe and faith, you will understand why they refused to give up on the hope Mayowa will pull through if taken abroad. Don't be surprised services of numerous M.O.G and Imams have been sort to offer nonstop prayers for her quick recovery. We are a people with very strong religious believe in miracles and the power of God. Mayowa's case IS NOT A SCAM but Linda and Toyin didn't articulate their reactions properly. Just maybe, they wanted to be part of or have an insider to keep track on spending to ensure accountability but were rebuffed possibly rudely which may have resulted to their reaction.

Let all put the scam issue behind us and pray God to have mercy on Mayowa and heal/renew her body. God can, Yes He can.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by emmydollars4life(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
valenu:
Nothing is impossible for God.
Where is Linda and her fake blog spreading lies, this one have expose her. #bloggingwithhumanlife
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by tiwatomi(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
Total healing is your portion IJN

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Moz22: 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
shala01:

I am not wishing her dead but she is dying and her family knows this. Why the deception Why drag her into a scam do you know a man named Steve job?? Do you know a woman called Dora Akuyile she is going to die eventually. She should be allow to go on peace
we are all gonna die eventually.....bt I blv that she can still live if God says so. Don't conclude when God hasn't.. Of course I knw the aforementioned. But don't conclude man, you are not God.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by dadaijboy: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
Linda bleeped up
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by bestower: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
So shall it end with the settlement of tiwa salvage and t bliz
wagazala:
This year kicked off with Olamide v Don Jazzy, since then it's never been a dull moment. Naija I hail thee.
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
Moz22:
we are all gonna die eventually.....bt I blv that she can still live if God says so. Don't conclude when God hasn't.. Of course I knw the aforementioned. But don't conclude man, you are not God.
If it is only God that can save her, why is her family trying con Nigerians into paying for something only God have power to do?
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Moz22:
If it is only God that can save her, why is her family trying con Nigerians into paying for something only God have power to do? Medically no hope for but with God, you never can tell. what her family is doing or did with her condition is a criminal offence. Obtaining money under false pretence
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Moz22: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
shala01:

If it is only God that can save her, why is her family trying con Nigerians into paying for something only God have power to do? Medically no hope for but with God, you never can tell. what her family is doing or did with her condition is a criminal offence. Obtaining money under false pretence
let God be d judge..and if u contributed, God bless u
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Abukc(m): 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
sapiosexual1:

This lady is terminally ill, let's give her a dignified exit, devoid of all these controversies

Based on what parameters?
What is the histological type and grade of her ovarian malignancy? That is all we need to know if it's a scam or not. We don't need sentimental religious leaders or organizations telling us what they want us to believe.
The bolded can only be provided by her managing oncologist, evidenced by the histology report.
The Sheikhs and Imams are already involved, thus we know how it's gonna end........ quietly

Let stop all such of sentiment aboutt so call religious leader,the shieik is only trying his best only GOD can heal.let pray for MAYOWA quick recovery,and such will not be our portion...................

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
Moz22:
let God be d judge..and if u contributed, God bless u
Why should I contribute to a scam The family members who are involved should be in jail and condemn by everyone. They do not deserve any body 's sympathy
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by OfficialLanrex(m): 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
Yah Allah please heal her
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Moz22: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
shala01:

Why should I contribute to a scam The family members who are involved should be in jail and condemn by everyone. They do not deserve any body 's sympathy
lolz..bros u wicked oo. Pretend like u never knew twas a scam and let it slide. Everyone involved including Mayowa?
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by bigmo1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
shala01:

That girl is dying and no science accept miracle can save her. Her family are just playing on the public sentiment. The family are criminals using the girl illness to make money
Your post is very pathetic. I sincerely pray that your family and mine will never experience what this family is going through IJN. If only you know this family like I do, you would dare not post such comments. When cases like this become social media issues, all kinds of negative and heart broken comments fly around. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by bfire(m): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
If eventually this woman dies, the blood of this woman will be upon such people
as Linda and any such people that constitute an impediment to her getting
a better treatment where she deems fit

Contribution was made to her, it's not for anyone to detemine where and how
the fund is spent.

What is clear is that she has cancer that is perhaps terminal. The blind could
see that.

So, where's the scam!
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by DjSwaga(m): 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
I still feel dis family are using mayoma to gather money from nigerians. Scam is all I see brethren
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by DjSwaga(m): 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
Y'all blaming Linda for this. I heard she's a stage 4 ovarian cancer. To be honest, there is nothing u can do for such person, medically. That money is just a waste, in my own opinion. U just manage symptomatically, give malaria and pain reliever. I heard shes even HbSS. . Brethre, this is a complicated case. U don't need to kill yourself to save. E go better
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by OlaSpeaker(m): 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
sapiosexual1:

This lady is terminally ill, let's give her a dignified exit, devoid of all these controversies

Based on what parameters?
What is the histological type and grade of her ovarian malignancy? That is all we need to know if it's a scam or not. We don't need sentimental religious leaders or organizations telling us what they want us to believe.
The bolded can only be provided by her managing oncologist, evidenced by the histology report.
The Sheikhs and Imams are already involved, thus we know how it's gonna end........ quietly
How much did you give he
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlaSpeaker:

How much did you give he
What my left hand does,my right hand shouldn't know about. Sorry mate, wrong number.
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by tosinjay(m): 12:03am On Jul 30, 2016
That she's really down with the ailment isn't the case from the Linda's post i read earlier, if they were to attack her for labeling it scam i think they should be rather talking about how the doctors really confirms they told the family to seek for help.

It's true the lady is sick but is it true that the money was demanded? because what Linda said was that the doctors said her condition was irredeemable and she's gonna die that way seeking for help in guise that the doctors asked them for funds is truly a scam and this post didn't say anything as opposed to that other than it's not scam.
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by OlaSpeaker(m): 6:10am On Jul 30, 2016
sapiosexual1:

What my left hand does,my right hand shouldn't know about. Sorry mate, wrong number.
Spare me the crap am not your mate and stop running your mouth as you gave her the whole world.
Re: Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2016
OlaSpeaker:

Spare me the crap am not your mate and stop running your mouth as you gave her the whole world.
Yes daddy, you may want re-phrase your point in your local dialect, in that way the message you're trying to pass across may be more comprehensible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents / Cancer Almost Blinded A Woman In Kano (Disturbing Photos) / Patient Who Fled Imo After Testing Positive For COVID-19 Caught Trading In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.