Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death (44038 Views)

Amaechi Absent At Rivers State 50th Year Thanksgiving Service / Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Honoured At The August Meeting In Imo. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by logicab: 9:19am On Jul 30, 2016
gartamanta:

Actually, what you quoted ( if it is indeed decree 34) only goes to support what I said in a previous post. If decree 34 unified the regional services as one, it then
Means that anyone could work anywhere just as we have today. So what is the big deal about decree 34?
Like I said, if you don't understand that in English, I can translate to another language. That's the best I can do for you under the circumstances.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by logicab: 9:21am On Jul 30, 2016
gartamanta:

So what is the point of being with Igbos in 'one Nigeria' if they are killers? Or do you prople love being with killers?
Who is holding you? Just head for Igboland if you are not there already and blow up the Niger Bridge after you. Why are you clamoring for Second Niger Bridge by the way?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by gfullmoon(m): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2016
It's also worthy of note that General T Y Danjuma almost participated in all success coup d'etats in Nigeria but never assumed leading role in the subsequent governments formed, so playing the Machavellian fox is most at times better than playing the Lion. This General TY Danjuma has mastered. General Ironsi's thinking was that the Northerners will be pallied or appeased by entrusting them with sensitive portfolios in his government was a tactical error , not knowing he was indirectly digging his grave quicker especially as he failed to instantly to execute the coup plotters in the Mafia Military tradition of Firing Squad, but preferred to put them in prisons made the Northern bloc felt he was even part of the grand game plan of Southern bloc political domination . General Ironsi was a victim of circumstance like GEJ who never knew what power can do or undo or achieve. If the coup plotters had succeeded, they could have knew how best to navigate the piqued emotions after the coup than General Ironsi who never dreamed to govern Nigeria at that period. Tell me how a man who worked himself through the machinations of power let alone Army Chieftain be removed or killed through coup or what we can today called impeachment within 6 months?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by Deepfreezer(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2016
Continue to rest the great man.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by gfullmoon(m): 10:39am On Jul 30, 2016
ManMountain:

Danjuma led the assault that foiled the Dimka coup against Murtala, he was Chief of Army staff, he refused to to assume leadership role, to some people, they will labeled that as an act of cowardice, but to a sensible one, it was a wise decision knowing that Dimka is a Middle Belt man like Danjuma.
Sometimes, the right thing is not always the wise or moral thing.

It's also worthy of note that General T Y Danjuma almost participated in all success coup d'etats in Nigeria but never assumed leading role in the subsequent governments formed, so playing the Machavellian fox is most at times better than playing the Lion. ThisGeneral TY Danjuma has mastered. General Ironsi's thinking was that the Northerners will be pallied or appeased by entrusting them with sensitive portfolios in his government which was a tactical error , not knowing he was indirectly digging his grave quicker especially as he failed to instantly to execute the coup plotters in the Mafia Military tradition of Firing Squad, but preferred to put them in prisons made the Northern bloc felt he was even part of the grand game plan of Southern bloc political domination . General Ironsi was a victim of circumstance like GEJ who never knew what power can do or undo or achieve. If the coup plotters had succeeded, they could have knew how best to navigate the piqued emotions after the coup than General Ironsi who never dreamed to govern Nigeria as at that period.
Tell me how a man who worked himself through the machinations of power let alone Army Chieftain be removed or killed through coup or what we can today called impeachment within 6 months?
For example, that the current Senate President Dr Bukola Saraki is retaining his seat today despite all odds attest to people who worked their way through power, assuming he was an anointed Senate President he could have been kick out within 6 months . Even if happens today, one is 1 year is gone already. Examples abound - Hon Aminu Tambuwal, Ayodele Fayose, Rotimi Amechi etc

1 Like

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by gartamanta: 11:06am On Jul 30, 2016
logicab:
Who is holding you? Just head for Igboland if you are not there already and blow up the Niger Bridge after you. Why are you clamoring for Second Niger Bridge by the way?

Unfortunately we already did all that in 1967 but you just could not leave us.

The second Niger bridge is in Igbo land, it is just another Government project same as anywhere in Nigeria
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by gartamanta: 11:11am On Jul 30, 2016
logicab:
Like I said, if you don't understand that in English, I can translate to another language. That's the best I can do for you under the circumstances.

You guys act as if this decree 34 was made to affect just Igbos only, it affected everybody. The decree was not the problem, the problem was that Ironsi was Igbo. Gowon enacted an even worse unitary system than Ironsi by creating States and taking away resource control but nobody said anything.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by logicab: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2016
gartamanta:

The second Niger bridge is in Igbo land, it is just another Government project same as anywhere in Nigeria
In Igbo land or connects Igbo land to the South-West? In which case, why is the South-West not clamoring for it?
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by logicab: 11:34am On Jul 30, 2016
gartamanta:

You guys act as if this decree 34 was made to affect just Igbos only, it affected everybody. The decree was not the problem, the problem was that Ironsi was Igbo. Gowon enacted an even worse unitary system than Ironsi by creating States and taking away resource control but nobody said anything.
Continue twisting and turning. First you claim Decree 34 did not unify the Civil Service. Next, you wonder if what I posted was really from Decree 34 (despite claiming you knew the decree inside out, yet couldn't even identify an excerpt). And then you claim it corroborates your claim (which as far as I remember, was that the decree did not change anything about the Civil Service). Now, you have settled on "the decree affected everybody". I am waiting on your next twist.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by gartamanta: 11:47am On Jul 30, 2016
logicab:
In Igbo land or connects Igbo land to the South-West? In which case, why is the South-West not clamoring for it?

I don't know what you are talking about.The second Niger Bridge just like the first connects the two Igbo cities of Onitsha and Asaba. Igbos have been traveling to Lagos since the 20's, 30's, 40's and even the 50's when there was no Bridge.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by logicab: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
gartamanta:

I don't know what you are talking about.The second Niger Bridge just like the first connects the two Igbo cities of Onitsha and Asaba. Igbos have been traveling to Lagos since the 20's, 30's, 40's and even the 50's when there was no Bridge.
Eh ehn. Blow the bridge up now; and revert to swimming and rowing canoe across.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by fred06: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2016
gartamanta:

So what is the point of being with Igbos in 'one Nigeria' if they are killers? Or do you prople love being with killers?

It is not the issue about being killers but it is for you to know about the truth of what happened... And that there was no need for the Igbos to ho to war fighting for biafra...wen Nnamdi Azikiwe was the president of the country at that time..they still went ahead with a coup..killing others but living theirs...to every reasonable person wat do you want him to think?
It is for you to know that it was the Igbos who were selfish maybe the military officers..we do not know but what we know that there was something fishin about the coup were their own people were left unharmed...
The igbos of the younger generation should know the truth instead of the false ideology of biafra..when the whole quagmire started with them the igbo military officers in 1966. Because it was not the Northern military officers who toppled the democratic govt in 1966..
I will provide a video clip of major kaduna Nzeogwu's comment after the coup while he was in kaduna..for u to know that even his officers under him who were northerners never knew what they were to do..
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by kettykin: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2016
logicab:
Isn't that what they did that the army started shooting at them, why will Nigerians die in hypocrisy
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by ilovetheline: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
logicab:

Mr Man:

https://www.dawodu.com/decree34.htm

Or do I need to interpret in another language for you to understand?
who says ifeajanu was the coup leader? maybe initiator
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by ilovetheline: 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
logicab:
wherever they print national currencies. we go and get if with great track record. we don't go to the west to see 'beautiful' Yoruba faces
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by ilovetheline: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
logicab:
I always laugh when I read or hear the "corrupt politicians" angle. Donatus Okafor who killed Maimalari was caught red handed for embezzlement of funds and normally should have been at least demoted or dishonorably discharged. Maimalari stepped in and got him off the hook, and hr returned the favor by murdering him.
you don't that get that a prime minister deals one sided. do you get the meaning at all. I'd the coup which involved Yoruba people was executed and zik excluded[ask your elders if there was another with integrity] . zik was educated alongside black Americans at at time when the call was for ask unity. even if Zik were conned out and he were corrupt, justify genocide from such an assumption (untrue as as is)
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by T8ksy(m): 3:48am On Aug 02, 2016
kettykin:

Isn't that what they did that the army started shooting at them, why will Nigerians die in hypocrisy

Was that before or after the ibos had liberated occupied the mid-west region and about to do same with yorubaland?
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death by T8ksy(m): 3:57am On Aug 02, 2016
gartamanta:

Actually, what you quoted ( if it is indeed decree 34) only goes to support what I said in a previous post. If decree 34 unified the regional services as one, it then Means that anyone could work anywhere just as we have today. So what is the big deal about decree 34?

What then, was the sardunna's Northernisation policy in aid of?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Wetin Dem Know Wey Be Biafra?" - Obasanjo Speaks On Agitation On BBC (video) / APC Youths Walk For Bola Tinubu In Ibadan (Pictures, Video) / These Pics Of El-rufai & Dalung With El-Zakzaky Shows Never Trust Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.