Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,885 members, 7,956,340 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana (1105 Views)

I Rejected Biafra With Only 5 Igbo States, I Want Rivers, Benue Too– Nnamdi Kanu / When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Precious Chikwendu Denies Her Account Was Used To Launder Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by osinbanjoisaliar: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria,
Mr. Femi Falana, has
revealed that he rejected a
N405 million brief from a
former governor to help him
launder funds abroad.
He asked lawyers not to
succumb to the lure of filthy
lucre to assist politically
exposed persons (PEPs) to
commit financial crimes.
Falana’s testimony at an
anti-corruption workshop in
Abuja was contained in the
Economic and Financial
Crimes Commission (EFCC)
monthly magazine, ALERT,
released to journalists on
Friday.
Falana said: “The governor
asked me to assist him in
transferring money abroad,
and that I should claim it to
be proceeds from sale of his
property in Nigeria.
“And the price was
extremely attractive. He was
going to pay me a million
pounds then, when money
was money.
“The governor said he had
chosen me for the shady
deal, because ‘nobody will
suspect you.’
“I told him, ‘Your Excellency,
so it is my reputation that
you want to buy with your
one million pounds?’’
“Some of my colleagues
thought I was stupid, but
those who accepted the offer
later found themselves in
trouble, as they were
arrested and humiliated.
They were only lucky not to
have been charged to
court.”
He advised lawyers against
being used by politically
exposed persons.
He added: “Lawyers have a
paramount role to play in the
fight against economic and
financial crimes, as they are
the ones usually employed
by well-heeled members of
the society to help perfect
documents for illicit
transactions, and to cover
up their tracks.”
Falana faulted the ruling of
Justice Gabriel Kolawole of a
Federal High Court, Abuja,
which held that Section 5 of
the Money Laundering
(Prohibition) Act 2011 could
not be applied to lawyers.
The judge in the ruling
restrained the Federal
Government, the Central
Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and
the Special Control Unit
against Money Laundering
(SCUML), from enforcing the
section as it relates to legal
practitioners.
www.thenationonlineng.net/rejected-ex-governors-n405m-brief-launder-money-falana/
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by akinszz: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hmmm... Akika!
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by Leboska(m): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
Story for the gods but you were at hand to defend the dullard who forged a waec certificate.

2 Likes

Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by mazichika: 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
Name the governor.
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by GoodofNaija: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
Leboska:
Story for the gods but you were at hand to defend the dullard who forged a waec certificate.

Its obvious you hate d truth.

1 Like

Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by sarrki(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Baba our brothers & sisters from the other end will dispute this.

Just wait and see

1 Like

Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by Mylove55(f): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Leboska:
becos he believe and duly aware that pmb is bigger than forging and corruption. falana is a correct guy

1 Like

Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by dadebayo1(m): 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Will only take you serious when you name the governor... Bunch of blood sucking demons....

3 Likes

Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by wowmenow: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
I think falana should be arrested

If you can't mention the name of the governor just keep quiet
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by Otapipia: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Name or idobelieveit.
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by DropShot: 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ugandans and Israelites won't believe you. They're wired to be silly.
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by idupaul: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
If he can't name the governor let him please shut up..he has seen his reputation has fallen and now decided to use some fictional story to deceive people
Mr Falana can we see your profit and loss records that a have made you a billionaire that has so much properties In Lagos
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by engrMikemd(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
story story story
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by double0seven(m): 3:12am On Jul 30, 2016
dadebayo1:
Will only take you serious when you name the governor... Bunch of blood sucking demons....

insufferable for f.ool.
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by double0seven(m): 3:13am On Jul 30, 2016
dadebayo1:

insufferable f.ool. haters of all that is truth and just.
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by FagsamPHP(m): 4:23am On Jul 30, 2016
Why not name the governor or shut up you Bespectacled Pigmy called Falana
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by DamiBukola: 4:57am On Jul 30, 2016
Foolish SAN, U r not fit to be an SAN. How did he got his SAN still demands a lot of explanation because he interprets the law to suit his emotions.. I dislike and questioned his SAN the moment he said Fayose can be charged to court despite section 308 of CFRN.
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by dadebayo1(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2016
double0seven:

I am an insufferable f.ool. haters of all that is truth and just.
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by dadebayo1(m): 7:40am On Jul 30, 2016
double0seven:

I am insufferable for f.ool.
Re: I Rejected N405million From A Governor To Launder Money Abroad: Falana by rayblast(m): 8:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Mention d governor s name cos an Apc governor will want to strike such a deal wit u

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Crisis: Mimiko In Secret Talks With Sheriff / The Great Purge Of 2017 / Ex-adc Retired Anthony Kwanmi With 3 Children Burnt To Death - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.