Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,320 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja (4640 Views)

Charly Boy Group Resumes Anti-Buhari Protest Over Corruption (Photos) / Anti-Buhari Protesters Run, Police Called Against Them At Abuja House In London / "I Stand With Buhari" Protest To Hold Alongside 2face's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Osezua: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thursday, 28 July 2016
Anuli Media at 12:58
Massive Anti-Buhari Protest storms Abuja
Sponsored Links
Nigerians drawn from various civil society groups on Wednesday protested against Buhari’s government illegal recruitment and nepotism in some government agencies, questioning the anti-corruption effort of the President.
The protesters – including popular activists, Aisha Yesufu; author, Chido Onumah; and members of Citizens of Impact, Enough is Enough, Youthup Africa – marched to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, where they submitted their protest letter for onward transfer to Mr. Buhari.
“All Nigerians must be given equal opportunity in employment,” one of their placards read.
In his address, Daniel Olatunde, convener of Citizens of Impact, said the Central Bank of Nigeria, Federal Inland Revenue Service and Nigeria Prisons Service, embarked on illegal recruitment exercises and that some of the recruits paid huge amounts to get the jobs.
He recalled that one of the 909 persons recruited by the CBN “through backdoor” was a nephew of Mr. Buhari.
He added that FIRS Chairman, Babatunde Fowler, “lied barefaced and was deceiving Nigerians” that the body was going to recruit 1,250 people during a session with the Senate Finance Committee at a time he had already concluded “the recruitment of children of his cronies including that of John Enoh, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Finance.”
To cover its illegal recruitment exercise, Mr. Olatunde alleged that NPS backdated letters of appointment to 530 people.
“No transparency as these exercises were done under the table,” Mr. Olatunde said.
“It is shocking the government has been loud in its silence. Nobody has investigated or reversed it….President Buhari came to power on thr crest of anti-corruption campaign.”
In her address, Mrs. Yesufu said Mr. Buhari should be reminded that looting constitutes corruption, as well as “nepotism and illegal recruitment of children of who is who”.
The protesters demanded investigation of the exercises and their reversal, while heads of the concerned public bureaucracies be sanctioned.
“If citizens come out to protest peacefully, they should be listened to. It is not only those who carry arms that should be listened to,” Mrs. Yesufu said.
Special Assistant to Mr. Buhari on Policy, Development and Analysis, Ibrahim Bapitel, represented the SGF, Babachir Lawal.
Mr. Bapitel, after listening to the protesters and receving their letter, he said, “I believe in the content of this letter”.
“I assure action could be taken.”
He could not give a definite date for the protesters to get response, saying only the SGF could do so.
But PREMIUM TIMES gathered the protesters resolved to resume demonstration a week from now in case there is no response from
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by adehab: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hmmm...

Waiting for the time when APC member will protest against PMB

4 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
#sigh* undecided
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by sarrki(m): 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
They have another 6years plus to protest
Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by psucc(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
Only 1yr in Office and people are protesting then the next 2+yes will be interesting.

Rather than assembling economic team to device a way out of this mess he had put the nation into, he is calling on Imams to persuade their members 'to understand their suffering'

8 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by sarrki(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
psucc:
Only 1yr in Office and people are protesting then the next 2+yes will be interesting.

Rather than assembling economic team to device a way out of this mess he had put the nation into, he is calling on Imams to persuade their members 'to understand their suffering'

Op abeg put source
If your hero had left a vibrant economy we won't be in this mess today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Pavarottii(m): 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
sarrki:

Op abeg put source
Been the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world, shown by CNN.
Biggest economy in Africa.
Economy growing at 7% annually.
No. 1 destination for investment hub.

Wat can be more vibrant than that please. Just that most judge GEJ by his body language and not by his works and u people refused to see where we were going as a country cos of tribal sentiments that landed us here.

10 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by johnmartus(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
but Mr President have right to appoint anyone he like why police not teargas the protesters because they're demanding for what could not be utilise after all those appointed are Nigerian. let me state it clearly now any acts carrying by these miscreants ipob to bring this present government down will be resist by all means .
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by engrMikemd(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
picshure or adonbilivit
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by blaquemyc: 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
some pple just wan die for nothing. After we go begin hear police don kill 5
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by blaquemyc: 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
some pple just wan die for nothing. After we go begin hear police don kill 5 pple for the protest
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by HtwoOw: 5:19am On Jul 30, 2016
As if Buhari is the one conducting interviews and selecting candidates ?

When police shoot at them now they'll claim Buhari loves Blood

dabullit

1 Like

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Almajiri1: 5:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Supreme leader will crush such sponsored rebellion.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Holyman3(m): 5:23am On Jul 30, 2016
HtwoOw:
As if Buhari is the one conducting interviews and selecting candidates ?

When police shoot at them now they'll claim Buhari loves Blood

dabullit

So police shooting at unarmed protesters is an option in Nigeria?
No wonder people call it Zoo.

4 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:34am On Jul 30, 2016
Pavarottii:

Wat can be more vibrant than that please. Just that most judge GEJ by his body language and not by his works and u people refused to see where we were going as a country cos of tribal sentiments that landed us here.

The third Fastest growing economy on paper. Nonsense!

You can't compare South Africa and Egypt with Nigeria in terms of economy, but there citizens are living a flamboyant life. During the ineffectual baboon regime, Nigeria is only the third fastest growing economies on papers, we the citizens knows better.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Pedropa: 6:56am On Jul 30, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

You can't compare South Africa and Egypt with Nigeria in terms of economy, but there citizens are living a flamboyant life. During the ineffectual baboon regime, Nigeria is only the third fastest growing economies on papers, we the citizens knows better.

Yes, i believe you really know better as your standard of living during GEJ's administration can't be same now..

Pls do well to advise Buhari to atleast have us as just growing economy in paper with no position and we will be grateful.

Tell him to achiebe ur so called paper standard before you open your mouth,

You are still blaming past administration at this point, ain't u ashamed going that line ?

My simple question to you is, since past administration rubbished our economy, what has the present administration done to save it ?

Is it the segregation in appointments and employments ? Provoking militants that were on their own just to massage the ego of his supporters who were trumpeting new sheriffat upandan before now ? Or his travelling upandan ? Or his inability to secure the nation ? Or his power tussle with the legislative arm at our detriment ? What pls ?

If ii were you, i would only pray that he is properly informed and given wisdom to rule Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Biafrarep(m): 7:29am On Jul 30, 2016
Pavarottii:

Zombies are just useless and brainless, even if they are dying, they will continue chanting sai barber till death!

4 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by AntiIPOOP(m): 7:40am On Jul 30, 2016
Pedropa:

Yes, i believe you really know better as your standard of living during GEJ's administration can't be same now..

Pls do well to advise Buhari to atleast have us as just growing economy in paper with no position and we will be grateful.

Tell him to achiebe ur so called paper standard before you open your mouth,

You are still blaming past administration at this point, ain't u ashamed going that line ?

My simple question to you is, since past administration rubbished our economy, what has the present administration done to save it ?

Is it the segregation in appointments and employments ? Provoking militants that were on their own just to massage the ego of his supporters who were trumpeting new sheriffat upandan before now ? Or his travelling upandan ? Or his inability to secure the nation ? Or his power tussle with the legislative arm at our detriment ? What pls ?

If ii were you, i would only pray that he is properly informed and given wisdom to rule Nigeria.

Yes life under GEJ and PMB is not the same for sure, because during GEJ's regime, petrol is not $30 per barrel and there were no economy sabotagers. On the brighter side, "it's better to be wealthy and have less fame than to have fame and be a broke a'ss nigga", what's the essence of paper economy? For the past five years, Nigeria is bla bla bla fastest bla bla economy bla bla, but its citizens are so poor, no security, unemployment, et all....... the list is just endless. And talking of appointments, do you expect PMB to appoint those that he doesn't trust? Or did you expect him to appoint those that want him dead?

Provoking militants, how? What's the work of the military? What's the work of the navy? Why most they give criminals billions of Naira monthly to protect pipelines? He cut off their amnesty program by 70%, they were not ok with it and they decided to take the law into their hands instead of approaching the issue it in a civilized way.

Believe it or not, PMB is the best thing to happen to this country. Enough of all this bullshits and lies, militants bla bla appointment bla bla , paper economy ke, who paper economy epp? abi na paper we go dey chop, for how many years? Haba! Since 2009, Nigeria is the fastest growing economy in west Africa, but it average citizens are living below $2 per day.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Pavarottii(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

The same thing I was saying earlier, u want Nigeria to be like South Africa and Egypt in 4years. U guys cos of religious and tribal lines voted him out, not out of performance; u people looked at his body language more than where he was taking. I believed if he has been there 4 another 4years it would av been better. Well since u prefer buhari as shown in d defence to GEJ. Well enjoy ur change.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Pavarottii(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

Yes life under GEJ and PMB is not the same for sure, because during GEJ's regime, petrol is not $30 per barrel and there were no economy sabotagers. On the brighter side, "it's better to be wealthy and have less fame than to have fame and be a broke a'ss nigga", what's the essence of paper economy? For the past five years, Nigeria is bla bla bla fastest bla bla economy bla bla, but its citizens are so poor, no security, unemployment, et all....... the list is just endless. And talking of appointments, do you expect PMB to appoint those that he doesn't trust? Or did you expect him to appoint those that want him dead?

Provoking militants, how? What's the work of the military? What's the work of the navy? Why most they give criminals billions of Naira monthly to protect pipelines? He cut off their amnesty program by 70%, they were not ok with it and they decided to take the law into their hands instead of approaching the issue it in a civilized way.

Believe it or not, PMB is the best thing to happen to this country. Enough of all this bullshits and lies, militants bla bla appointment bla bla , paper economy ke, who paper economy epp? abi na paper we go dey chop, for how many years? Haba! Since 2009, Nigeria is the fastest growing economy in west Africa, but it average citizens are living below $2 per day.
Sorry, I couldn't pick one thing u said to prove the statement "PMB is d best thing to happen to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by AntiIPOOP(m): 8:30am On Jul 30, 2016
Pavarottii:

Sorry, I couldn't pick one thing u said to prove the statement "PMB is d best thing to happen to Nigeria.
I was not raising a point or trying to prove to you that PMB is the best thing to happen to Nigeria rather I was trying to counter your claims that Nigeria is the third fastest growing economy under GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Pavarottii(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

I was not raising a point or trying to prove to you that PMB is the best thing to happen to Nigeria rather I was trying to counter your claims that Nigeria is the third fastest growing economy under GEJ.
But u said so. Or u don't know wat u typed?

3 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by AntiIPOOP(m): 8:38am On Jul 30, 2016
Pavarottii:

The same thing I was saying earlier, u want Nigeria to be like South Africa and Egypt in 4years. U guys cos of religious and tribal lines voted him out, not out of performance; u people looked at his body language more than where he was taking. I believed if he has been there 4 another 4years it would av been better. Well since u prefer buhari as shown in d defence to GEJ. Well enjoy ur change.

Haba! My brother, be honest to yourself nah. GEJ was voted out base on his cluelessness, corruption and recklessness. A man that could not defeat BH in 6 years! Life is better than economy ooo. Atleast the people in the north especially the northeast are seeing the change they voted for smiley

2 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by AntiIPOOP(m): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Pavarottii:
But u said so. Or u don't know wat u typed?
Read in between the line for the second time, maybe you will understand lol
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Mimisboygreat: 9:06am On Jul 30, 2016
Chai!!! pls somebody should tell these people that police of now can shoot anything they see. they better stay back at home and avoid this impending loss of lives.
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by HzRF(m): 9:12am On Jul 30, 2016
sarrki:

Op abeg put source If your hero had left a vibrant economy we won't be in this mess today
U well so?

So Buhari thinks our economy in a state of Eldorado
Before bringing his scam laced change?
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by ivandragon: 9:23am On Jul 30, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

the key word in the other commentator's post you referred to is 'growing' economy. the countries you referred to were already far ahead of us before 2011 or even 1999. Growth is a process & depending on whom you ask, GEJ was on the right track but should have done better with the resources available to him. Buhari doesn't seem to have a defined plan for the economy aside the usual rhetoric of diversification of the economy. however, at the end of his term, am certain there will be some positives just as there were some positives under GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by nairalife2013(m): 9:23am On Jul 30, 2016
sarrki:

Op abeg put source
I am sure gej did well. The source is there. The buhari administration is a farce. If they want to do the right thing, they should start by publishing the handover note of gej's administration so we can see who is really lying. But I know they wont! Gej was a man of goodwill. Bless him

1 Like

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Pavarottii(m): 9:48am On Jul 30, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

Haba! My brother, be honest to yourself nah. GEJ was voted out base on his cluelessness, corruption and recklessness. A man that could not defeat BH in 6 years! Life is better than economy ooo. Atleast the people in the north especially the northeast are seeing the change they voted for smiley
Is there any country that has defeated terrorism? Has buhari defeated terrorism. We had more than 2,000 deaths at the beginning of buhari's rule compared to the low amount we had in the last year of GEJ's administration out of his 5years. Elections were conducted in Yobe, Adamawa and Maiduguri peacefully; if he didn't fight dem down. Would election av held in those states. All LG were captured back under GEJ's administration. GEJ did well in d war against terrorism Cos it is something that is new to Nigeria.

Wen analysing please don't be biased. There is no sector that GEJ failed. If there is; please let me know.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Modsenemy(f): 9:51am On Jul 30, 2016
Will the protest impeach the president undecided
Even the senate knows its impossible tongue
Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Modsenemy(f): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Pavarottii:

Is there any country that has defeated terrorism? Has buhari defeated terrorism. We had more than 2,000 deaths at the beginning of buhari's rule compared to the low amount we had in the last year of GEJ's administration out of his 5years. Elections were conducted in Yobe, Adamawa and Maiduguri peacefully; if he didn't fight dem down. Would election av held in those states. All LG were captured back under GEJ's administration. GEJ did well in d war against terrorism Cos it is something that is new to Nigeria.

Wen analysing please don't be biased. There is no sector that GEJ failed. If there is; please let me know.

I would have loved ur point if u were not biased in ur argument . Yo would hav blamed the president in terms of our current economic recession but you have no point against the Buhari wen it comes to terrorism.
He had about 2000deaths at the beginning of his regime.. If I may ask , don't u think its as a result of the previously failed government who couldn't curb terrorism for 6yrs.
And since he fully took over power ,hav u heard of such record about such death tolls unlike d GeJ regime where d number kept increasing.
For 6yrs, northerners fled their homes, but under one year they are building back their destroyed homes.

Pls don't let hate, religion, tribe and party cloud our judgement

3 Likes

Re: Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja by Pavarottii(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2016
Modsenemy:

I would have loved ur point if u were not biased in ur argument . Yo would hav blamed the president in terms of our current economic recession but you have no point against the Buhari wen it comes to terrorism.
He had about 2000deaths at the beginning of his regime.. If I may ask , don't u think its as a result of the previously failed government who couldn't curb terrorism for 6yrs.
And since he fully took over power ,hav u heard of such record about such death tolls unlike d GeJ regime where d number kept increasing.
For 6yrs, northerners fled their homes, but under one year they are building back their destroyed homes.

Pls don't let hate, religion, tribe and party cloud our judgement
Why would u blame the economy of GEJ? Just tell me why? Is it him that told buhari not to compose his cabinet and left about 7months economically unattended to? U chose not to see where I said elections were conducted in those states peacefully I guess and all LG was captured during GEJ's time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? / Why Do Niger Delta States Not Look Like Johanessburg With Highest Allocations / Anonymous Hacks DSTV And Gotv. All Stations Now Showing. Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.