Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account (23013 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by idupaul: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
Izen:

I don't think toyin and aramide count as everybody in this sense. They spearheaded the whole campaign na. Why did the family wait till they finished raising the money before denying both of them access to Mayowa. People donated on good faith so even if you feel the family should be allowed to spend the money as they deem fit, it will send a wrong signal to people helping them. If a situation like this arises again, people will be skeptical to donate, trust me. The family is shady af IMO. What is wrong is wrong.

So because she spearheaded the campaign does that mean they should handover the disbursement of the funds to her ..the truth is that the Toyin woman didn't know the fund raising would even be successful when she lent her voice to it but when she saw how successful it was the typical Greedy Nigerian spirit entered her and she decided she would love to be in control of the over 150 million naira raised so she can at least loot some ..Toyin has let her greed make the last days of Mayoral end in misery

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by idupaul: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
The govt that can't provide proper health facilities for its citizens now wants to put a hold on the account of money we donated to save Mayowa ..this is utterly shameful. .what's the police business with how much was raised and how much they intend to spend on their daughters life ..and to those saying they want to know how the 1000 naira they donated was spent when was the last time you asked your fat pastor and his shining wife how they spent your tithe and offering ..when we give we have given and how they spend what we gave from our hearts is non of our business but I am rest assured is that Mayowa family means well for her than either Toyin ,Mr Kasamu, the police and all of us ..we can't claim to care more than the bereaved. .

3 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
the only person I feel for in all this the sick lady
secondly TOYIN AIHMAKUN who passionately solicited for help on Mayowa's behalf
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by KAYD007(m): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
lonelydora:

Same thing I told wifey. They shouldn't block the account. It is their luck. Just as people pay tithes and care less what the pastor does with it. Give and wait for your blessings.

The public funded the fund raising, which amount to 85 million...but came out to say it was 30 million and you see nothing wrong in that? where is the accountability, where is the transparency?? angry

2 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
Is the NPF constitutionally empowered to freeze people's bank accounts without the judiciary giving out such orders?

My question is based on law and not on the drama going on?

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
eph12:
Is there anything we can do right in this country?

Absolutely Nothing!
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
andresia:

Nobody is begrudging them that. Point is why under declare the sum if there is no criminal intent? Remember, it is public funds donated to a noble purpose and people will definitely need to know that their money were spent on exactly what it was meant for. Why under declare and shroud the arrangements in secrecy? They shouldn't have gone public with mayor's case in the first place then

Rationality at its peak
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by abbey621(m): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
byrron:
Is the NPF constitutionally empowered to freeze people's bank accounts without the judiciary giving out such orders?

My question is based on law and not on the drama going on?

You already know the answer, big fat NO! Then again is there even a competent judiciary system in Nigeria right now?
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Izen: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
idupaul:

So because she spearheaded the campaign does that mean they should handover the disbursement of the funds to her ..the truth is that the Toyin woman didn't know the fund raising would even be successful when she lent her voice to it but when she saw how successful it was the typical Greedy Nigerian spirit entered her and she decided she would love to be in control of the over 150 million naira raised so she can at least loot some ..Toyin has let her greed make the last days of Mayoral end in misery

Err..... where are you getting your own news from? In all the statements everyone made, no one mentioned that Toyin wanted a cut of their money. I think you are mixing the Aramide foundation's issh with Toyin's. Toyin called the whole issue a scam and alerted the police because the money was raised under false pretense - that Mayowa could still be treated. Even LUTH issued a statement that they suggested to the family that they place her on palliative care which means she'll be managed in the most painless way possible until her death. Truth be told, when the family was raising funds, they did so under the pretense that she could be treated even after doctors said no. There's nothing wrong in hoping for their loved one to be healed but at least they should have made that known to the public and those spearheading the campaign. People donated in good faith come on. People would still have donated if they were honest from the start. Let's be objective here and not sentimental please. The money was got under false pretense, we all know that as a fact. Toyin could have handled this better but it doesn't make her a bad person.

2 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by abbey621(m): 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is why those that really need the help most times never receive it from those who can truly help them. Imagine the drama, now it's no longer about the lady on the sick bed, now it's about fraud. Have we got no shame in this country? What does this mean for those in similar situations in the future? If you contributed a large sum to this campaign and it turns out to be fraud, how likely are you to contribute to another case in the future?

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
abbey621:

You already know the answer, big fat NO! Then again is there even a competent judiciary system in Nigeria right now?

There is neither a competent executive nor legislative arms of government in Nigeria at the moment but they are still constitutional created organs of government that must be obeyed despite their flaws until such flaws are repealed or amended.

The NPF freezing of the account in question without recourse to any granted order from the court is nothing more but using illegality to address an alleged illegality which is yet to be proven.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
Izen:

Err..... where are you getting your own news from? In all the statements everyone made, no one mentioned that Toyin wanted a cut of their money. I think you are mixing the Aramide foundation's issh with Toyin's. Toyin called the whole issue a scam and alerted the police because the money was raised under false pretense - that Mayowa could still be treated. Even LUTH issued a statement that they suggested to the family that they place her on palliative care which means she'll be managed in the most painless way possible until her death. Truth be told, when the family was raising funds, they did so under the pretense that she could be treated even after doctors said no. There's nothing wrong in hoping for their loved one to be healed but at least they should have made that known to the public and those spearheading the campaign. People donated in good faith come on. People would still have donated if they were honest from the start. Let's be objective here and not sentimental please. The money was got under false pretense, we all know that as a fact. Toyin could have handled this better but it doesn't make her a bad person.
why did toyin and the aramide lady not make proper investigation before spearheading the fund raising. Now thatvthey saw thevamount of money that came in, greed took control of their lives. i even read about another man claiming back in 2013 that he was used for a similar fraud by aramide. If not for linda that exposed the whole ish. some illegal gotten money would have been changing hands.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by flokii: 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
It had Scam written all over it right from d start. Nigerians are becoming too desperate

I just pity those in need of help cos. pple will be reluctant to assist henceforth.. Too bad
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Izen: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
princey83:

why did toyin and the aramide lady not make proper investigation before spearheading the fund raising. Now thatvthey saw thevamount of money that came in, greed took control of their lives. i even read about another man claiming back in 2013 that he was used for a similar fraud by aramide. If not for linda that exposed the whole ish. some illegal gotten money would have been changing hands.

Like I said before, you seem to think both Toyin and Aramide are in this together. Read all the statements again, I don't even think they even knew each other before this saga. You chose to ignore my other points so I'm sure you've made up your mind already. Yes Toyin is the devil. Can we move on now?

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by bigmo1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Pprovost:
I support the government on this. Let the arrangement be made directly (if necessary) between the Lagos and Dubai hospitals for her treatment.

Its obvious her greedy family members prefer the money to her life in the first place.
Do you just believe everything you read online? God help you ignorant children.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by abbey621(m): 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
byrron:

There is neither a competent executive nor legislative arms of government in Nigeria at the moment but they are still constitutional created organs of government that must be obeyed despite their flaws until such flaws are repealed or amended.

The NPF freezing of the account in question without recourse to any granted order from the court is nothing more but using illegality to address an alleged illegality which is yet to be proven.

We are saying the same thing, incompetence=ineffective. Since all branches of government are incompetent, things like this will continue to happen. This is Nigeria, allegations=guilt most times!
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
abbey621:

We are saying the same thing, incompetence=ineffective. Since all branches of government are incompetent, things like this will continue to happen. This is Nigeria, allegations=guilt most times!

That is why Nigeria is retrogressing faster than the speed of lightening.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by idupaul: 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
Izen:

She mustn't say she wants cut before you know that was where all this was headed..when vultures start to circle and area you immediately know death lurks around . Believe Toyin ,Mr Kasamu and even the police are rallying now felon reasons and it's not MAYOWAS HEALTH
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
bigmo1:

Do you just believe everything you read online? God help you ignorant children.

YOUR FATHER MUST BE A CHILD TOO cool
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by luminous1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Let them save this young lady this stress and get tl having her come back strong. Later efcc fit show.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Jesufemmy(m): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
nonjebose:
It is unfortunate that people with similar cases in future may not get this kind of support from the public
You are right. Which is the reason why am worried about this case. sad
nonjebose:
It is unfortunate that people with similar cases in future may not get this kind of support from the public
You are right. Which is the reason why am worried about this case.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by alheriTOJ(f): 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
eph12:
Is there anything we can do right in this country?

My heart goes out to Mayowa in all of this. I doubt the family had any sinister motive, the gofundme was opened since, was Toyin who alerted the public to help her, from videos and reports people were trooping en masse to LUTH to see Mayowa, it's overwhelming, I honestly don't blame the family for barring people coming in, the girl can only handle so many visitors. Aramide most likely didn't confirm this and immediately went on to tell Toyin it was a scam and that one didn't verify, just carried it like that. I saw a pic of people out the girls room, she doesn't need all that pressure though. this is just one huge messed misunderstanding.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
teasel:
Congrats to Toyin and Aramide for spreading lies because of their greed. This is their fault!
The NPF is corrupt and doesn't care about human life. After all, they're responsible for most murders in Nigeria.
I really hope that poor girl will be fine.
If anything happens to Mayowa, her blood will be on Toyin and Aramide's hands.
Rubbish!
Nothing will happen to anybody but those who went to turn the sick lady to "office". The should be sent to prison for obtaining money under false pretence
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by bigmo1(m): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Pprovost:

YOUR FATHER MUST BE A CHILD TOO cool
U see why I called u a child. Keep expressing the kid in you.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
bigmo1:
U see why I am a child. I will continue to express the kid in me.
Goodluck at that.
Now go and play with your mates outside cool

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by MonPro: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
yorubas and fraud..grin

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by teacherbim(f): 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
IamQuins:

Yes, stealing. That's our specialty

That is your speciality
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by MonPro: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
midolian:
Helping a Nigerian these days is more difficult than grasping a shadow...An average Nigerian sees every situation as an opportunity to exploit people. Tell 3people from different countries the world will come to an end tomorrow, one of them will only think of selling all his properties(probably to have enough money to spend in the hereafter)...This one person must be the Nigerian. Its this bad!

Why are you just calling them nigerians. Let's call them by their real names- THEY ARE FRAUDULENT YORUBAS.

They are no different from the Finebara yoruba at bus stop who are always missing their way to Ogun and are always begging for money to continue their fake journeys to Ore. grin
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by fabre4: 3:07am On Jul 31, 2016
But you guys were insulting linda yesterday
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by ifeanyi83(m): 4:57am On Jul 31, 2016
The management of LUTH cannot rule out the fact that she can make it. She looks a fighter, let them allow her take her chances...
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 31, 2016
teasel:
Congrats to Toyin and Aramide for spreading lies because of their greed. This is their fault!
The NPF is corrupt and doesn't care about human life. After all, they're responsible for most murders in Nigeria.
Rubbish!

You are ignorant of many things with this your statement. Toyin never knew the doctors said there's no hope in treatment for Mayowa abroad. Toyin only acted on the information given to her by the family. I can only blame her for not doing her thorough investigation FIRST before going public. At least she should have gone to talk to the doctors with Mayowas family members. Although I understand that doctors don't discuss their patient's details or information with non-relatives .
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by olandofire(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2016
Immediately I saw her medical report online, I knew it was all a scam. What medical intervention can you possibly offer a patient with stage IV ovarian cancer that has metastasized to the liver? Only God can save her at this stage. Why else do you think her family are now talking about going to Dubai instead of America? It's because no hospital there will accept a patient they know they can't help, and the embassy won't grant visa in that kind of scenario. The family should seek forgiveness. What their daughter needs is their love and prayers.
teasel:
Rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mentally Challenged Woman Wanders Away After Giving Birth To Bouncing Baby. PICS / COVID-19: IGP Unveils New Operational Guidelines For The Police, Others / COVID-19: Tobi Shares His Experience, Advises People To Get Vaccinated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.