Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,349 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria (64087 Views)

I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? / World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by grodt999: 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
very nice article, one of the best here. this is what I like to read not ibo drug dealers.
send this to iboland and maybe they will consider this instead of firing squad
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Ayomide93(m): 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mackson01:
I can't believe somebody will build a pen of 2000 capacity and not know where to get good breed to stock. Mr Jero 247 , that your story is too fabulous and cannot be true. To build a 2000 capacity piggery, you will invest 20m. You don't know anything about piggery.
I support you. My dad's piggery has 12rooms. He started with like 20 piglets and he spent close to 400k setting it up, both a structure and getting it stocked up and over time it has grown and he is thinking of expanding.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by leksmedia: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Domesticated Pigs are not harmful, they hardly attack humans, you can send me a message, i will be happy to connect you with great farmers that will help in the set up and stock of the farm
stephenmorris:
my parents want to go intp the business but don't pigs attack humans and what are the safety concerns

1 Like

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by freshjayy: 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
[ quote author=jero247 post=48024874]nice write up, I just finished constructing a 2000 capacity pig pen somewhere in Karu near Abuja now in the process of stocking the challenge is where to get good breeds all the places I have been taken to had mostly the local breeds only. I need to know if you have a place where we can get the improved breed. thanks [/quote] I have very good breeds In Lagos I currently have about 15 growers to dispose. Contact me if interested
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by femu(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
Piggery is good business!

Pork is good meat!

1 Like

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by kogistar: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
Babzilla:
The swine is forbidden even the christians wont touch that thing.
i didn't eat pig o, but i can say yoruba are pig eaters
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by klepe500: 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
Very easy to analyse,but d practical aspect of it is d major issue.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by superbouck(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
Pig farming is a good business
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by contactmorak: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ayomide93:
Definitely, but get an expert... Food rationing is the most essential. They have to be fed with the right formula of PKC, Brewery waste, Fish meal, Kuli Kuli and the likes. Then adequate preparation must be made for waste disposal. Pigs are indeed very dirty and messy trust me.

Thanks a lot
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by JustCare: 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
ziggy3579:
The govt can actually generate billions of naira from piggery IF it is organised nd well structured. I av a pen at oke aro but d truth is that the place is in a bad state. only if the govt can improve the state of the infrastructure of the farm then they can talk of generating billions yearly from there.

How profitable is owning a farm there and the challenges?

1 Like

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by MadCow1: 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
I am all for this.. Insha Allah by 2017, I would be a start - up farmer. We (Partners and I) are thinking of mixed farming. Snails, Fish and Pigs..

I am not too keen on the snails and pigs but I definitely want to do Chickens as I have done it before and believe from lessons learnt we can improve on it.

Anyways, my question remains; Is there a Market for Pigs as meat itself or do I have to further process it down to Sausages or something.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
You are deceiving yourself. I'm a manager in a big pig farm. You said feed is an easy thing in pig enterprise. Who tells you that? For optimum yield, you need compounded feed comprising GNC, PKC, fishmeal, and maize. I tell you, no farmer dares buy maize for pigs in a time like this. GNC is a must, and it is costlier than maize. A kg of fishmeal is 400 naira and you need at least 25kg in 1ton of feed. Housing is another factor. Pigs will eat anything in sight except reinforced concrete. We carry out repairs almost daily. So who is fooling who? Blogger? I'm not surprised.

4 Likes

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by creepsyme(f): 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
jero247:
nice write up, I just finished constructing a 2000 capacity pig pen somewhere in Karu near Abuja now in the process of stocking the challenge is where to get good breeds all the places I have been taken to had mostly the local breeds only. I need to know if you have a place where we can get the improved breed. thanks
u mean pple still eat pig? all the best.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
I hope the FG sponsors a bill sanctioning a commission to provide sectionalized land for pig farming in the North considering the landmass.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
creepsyme:

That is the problem I'm having with sales. Buyers from the east dictate what they want to pay. Buyer from the west are scanty, despite skyrocketing prices of feeds and diesel for our diesel engine. The best option is running it together with poultry.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by gbemi514: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
@ op let me correct a mistake...... A MATURED pig is not sold for 30k oooo...... Lowest is 50K....
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by happney65: 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mackson01:
I can't believe somebody will build a pen of 2000 capacity and not know where to get good breed to stock. Mr Jero 247 , that your story is too fabulous and cannot be true. To build a 2000 capacity piggery, you will invest 20m. You don't know anything about piggery.

You should have quoted him..He is a Lai Mohammed..People can come online and Lie for Africa. grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by TomHagen: 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
Wetin wan I know be say, na who go dey baff the pig?
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by ziggy3579: 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
It's quite profitable but it's capital intensive and requires 100% attention. My friend's dad still sold some pigs for over 2.1million last month in my presence. But if u wan do am nd maximise profit like my friend's dad, u go stop wat ever job u re doing nd face d biz squarely.
JustCare:

How profitable is owning a farm there and the challenges?
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by creepsyme(f): 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
Stealthideals24:

That is the problem I'm having with sales. Buyers from the east dictate what they want to pay. Buyer from the west are scanty, despite skyrocketing prices of feeds and diesel for our diesel engine. The best option is running it together with poultry.
beautiful idea! I believe so much in online sales/business, try it and tank me later.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Samdee12: 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
correct
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by millionaireman: 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
creepsyme:

Lol
Down south of Naija, pork has almost replaced beef.

You didn't know?

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by bigcil2(m): 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
phillings247:
pls jero 247 can u post d pics of d 2000 capacity farm nd how much does it cost to set up a pen of dat capacity

Kindly check my signature , we have farm lands suitable for pig farming on Ogun state for sale.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by thawgy(m): 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
gbemi514:
@ op let me correct a mistake...... A MATURED pig is not sold for 30k oooo...... Lowest is 50K....
Stopeet.. is Pig now 500 naira per kilo?.. and at that your pig has to be a 100 kg to go for 50k.. to breed that will take a minimum of 18 months with virtually palm kernel cake as the main feed all the time.. do you know what it costs to get a ton of pkc these days?

1 Like

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
MadCow1:
I am all for this.. Insha Allah by 2017, I would be a start - up farmer. We (Partners and I) are thinking of mixed farming. Snails, Fish and Pigs..

I am not too keen on the snails and pigs but I definitely want to do Chickens as I have done it before and believe from lessons learnt we can improve on it.

Anyways, my question remains; Is there a Market for Pigs as meat itself or do I have to further process it down to Sausages or something.
Is there a market for anu ezi?
Are you muslim?
If not, then this is not for debate. A na atanu pork ofuma
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Andesco(m): 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
jero247:
nice write up, I just finished constructing a 2000 capacity pig pen somewhere in Karu near Abuja now in the process of stocking the challenge is where to get good breeds all the places I have been taken to had mostly the local breeds only. I need to know if you have a place where we can get the improved breed. thanks
I know someone in Akwa Ibom that has good landrace breed
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Sfvalentine(m): 12:01am On Aug 02, 2016
If u try to do dat business here in the north... . U go eat ur pig only yu.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by overdrive(m): 12:07am On Aug 02, 2016
nice
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Baroba(m): 12:57am On Aug 02, 2016
grodt999:
very nice article, one of the best here. this is what I like to read not ibo drug dealers.
send this to iboland and maybe they will consider this instead of firing squad

Please kindly take your tribalism with you back to the cesspit you crawled out from, serious minded folks are having a discussion, if you have nothing to contribute, there are like minded folks like you on other threads.. Feel from to join them..

5 Likes

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by MinorityTribe: 1:22am On Aug 02, 2016
Before you go into pig farming remember something, Muslims don't eat pigs cheesy. Why not just make it a poultry farming. At least everybody eats chickens.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Danthesage(m): 1:23am On Aug 02, 2016
Greatness is from within...
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Agriman(m): 2:55am On Aug 02, 2016
Nice post.... check more from http://agrobalm.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Biggest Rice Pyramids In Africa, Built With 1M Bags Of Rice (Pictures) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Afforestation In Kano: See What My Team And I Are Doing On The Streets Of Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.