Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria (64120 Views)

I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? / World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by bossmeek(m): 3:45am On Aug 02, 2016
Nicely composed
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17am On Aug 02, 2016
JustCare:
Seriously, I have been eyeing this venture lately. Is their anyone here who wanna hit this road and need a partner Let's do this, I just need the ginger.

Ur location ?
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 02, 2016
Ayomide93:
Pig farming is very nice. My dad has been running one for close to 4years and I must say its rigorous, stressful, pigs are destructive also but its been paying the bills pretty well. Its indeed a very nice thing to venture into with just a not too expensive capital.

Take us through some lectures with pictures from your farm..

Feee formulation if necesaary..
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by dadson2009(m): 5:38am On Aug 02, 2016
I love this
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 5:56am On Aug 02, 2016
Babzilla:
The swine is forbidden even the christians wont touch that thing.
Speak for yourself. Pork is delicious.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by JustCare: 6:08am On Aug 02, 2016
ziggy3579:
It's quite profitable but it's capital intensive and requires 100% attention. My friend's dad still sold some pigs for over 2.1million last month in my presence. But if u wan do am nd maximise profit like my friend's dad, u go stop wat ever job u re doing nd face d biz squarely.
Good to know. What about the attention of an employee? I'm involved with something else. Is your friend's dad farm also located there. Tell me more about that place?
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by JustCare: 6:11am On Aug 02, 2016
Naughtysite:

Ur location ?

Lagos.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Egonec(m): 6:12am On Aug 02, 2016
Nice thread....following.

Can someone please tell me hw much it costs to get a piglet of good breed for startup?
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by ONWARDBABA: 6:16am On Aug 02, 2016
Great...nice
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by AgricAgroallied(m): 6:56am On Aug 02, 2016
For The true Muslims,
The business is Haram.
Except if you've no other means to liberate your self from a monetary predicament.
May Allah help and guide us all.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 02, 2016
Egonec:
Nice thread....following.

Can someone please tell me hw much it costs to get a piglet of good breed for startup?
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by grodt999: 8:34am On Aug 02, 2016
Baroba:

Please kindly take your tribalism with you back to the cesspit you crawled out from, serious minded folks are having a discussion, if you have nothing to contribute, there are like minded folks like you on other threads.. Feel from to join them..

pig farming is better than ibo drug dealing and importing contraband...
you have to admit, comon!
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by pureHoney2: 8:55am On Aug 02, 2016
jero247:
nice write up, I just finished constructing a 2000 capacity pig pen somewhere in Karu near Abuja now in the process of stocking the challenge is where to get good breeds all the places I have been taken to had mostly the local breeds only. I need to know if you have a place where we can get the improved breed. thanks
Try fortunewell farms Aba they have nice breed or call the farm manager on 08093788980 or 08037653010
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2016
9jacrip:
I hope the FG sponsors a bill sanctioning a commission to provide sectionalized land for pig farming in the North considering the landmass.

Bubu's FG??
They will bomb your farm off the surface of earth before you finish building it.
Haven't you heard it's Haram? grin grin grin
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by gbemi514: 10:40am On Aug 02, 2016
thawgy:

Stopeet.. is Pig now 500 naira per kilo?.. and at that your pig has to be a 100 kg to go for 50k.. to breed that will take a minimum of 18 months with virtually palm kernel cake as the main feed all the time.. do you know what it costs to get a ton of pkc these days?
look at the word that is bolded... I said MATURED.... Bros you need to come over to the southwest if you're not staying in that region or if possible ask the farmers rearing pigs over here.... I say it because I know the amount pigs were sold later two years less we talk about this year...am also am an animal scientist so I know what am saying.... Unless the op says an average pig is sold for that amount if not.if .. If it's a MATURED PIG........ Bros 30k na bonanza selling...... Feed formulation goes a long way in livestock production... Pigs can weigh up to 80kg even 100kg not only did I know but I have seen.... #fact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Gadgetmobil(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2016
Good points on Piggery
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by afunmmy: 11:38am On Aug 02, 2016
jero247:
nice write up, I just finished constructing a 2000 capacity pig pen somewhere in Karu near Abuja now in the process of stocking the challenge is where to get good breeds all the places I have been taken to had mostly the local breeds only. I need to know if you have a place where we can get the improved breed. thanks

can you come down to Ogun State? if yes, then I can get 2000 large white.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by dualsurvey: 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
Jetwld:
I've done it b4 & still willing to do it again it has a lot of gain even compared to chicken its only that pigs are generally dirty in nature & if hungry catch am it can do & undo
& d gud part of the thn is u can easily sauce for their food in the market
those selling vegetables, fruits e.t.c
Hmmmmn! Pigs are not generally dirty bro, people have got wrong impression about pigs long time ago. The fact remains that their physiological makeup requires them to wallow regularly, due to their lack of sweat gland. I mean they can not withstand much heat, so the need for them to cool their body temperature by wallowing in a wallowing trough containing cool water. A local pig raised extensively will have to wallow in mud water, in place of a wallowing trough to cool down the body temp, as this is d only available means to cool d body temp, u know nobody cares for a local pig wandering abt. Ur pigs wl be neat if u raise them intensively & make provision for wallowing trough in their pen.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by dualsurvey: 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
MinorityTribe:
Before you go into pig farming remember something, Muslims don't eat pigs cheesy. Why not just make it a poultry farming. At least everybody eats chickens.
That's true and not true
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by dualsurvey: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
MinorityTribe:
Before you go into pig farming remember something, Muslims don't eat pigs cheesy. Why not just make it a poultry farming. At least everybody eats chickens.
Muslim brothers dnt eat it, but that should'nt stop a prospective farmer from venturing into it, so far he's duely done his home work. I did my IT @ a big farm in abuja, their piggery section is handsomely big, yet they could not meet up with demand in abuja & some parts of nassarawa. No matter how it is, u'll still get ur own market share.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by segbuwa: 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
how can I start a piggery biz,
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Buddhar(m): 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
From the table of agric republic foods, we have come to meet your fresh pork needs, from occasions to household consumption irrespective of your location as we deliver nationwide. Contact 07039388167
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by Poops: 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
dualsurvey:
Muslim brothers dnt eat it, but that should'nt stop a prospective farmer from venturing into it, so far he's duely done his home work. I did my IT @ a big farm in abuja, their piggery section is handsomely big, yet they could not meet up with demand in abuja & some parts of nassarawa. No matter how it is, u'll still get ur own market share.
[color=#006600][/color] pls which big farm in Abuja are you talking About? I would like to visit once I get the address. Thanx.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by SpencerM(m): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
JustCare:
Seriously, I have been eyeing this venture lately. Is their anyone here who wanna hit this road and need a partner Let's do this, I just need the ginger.

Boss am also interested in ds biz how can we connect 08169261124
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by thawgy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
gbemi514:
look at the word that is bolded... I said MATURED.... Bros you need to come over to the southwest if you're not staying in that region or if possible ask the farmers rearing pigs over here.... I say it because I know the amount pigs were sold later two years less we talk about this year...am also am an animal scientist so I know what am saying.... Unless the op says an average pig is sold for that amount if not.if .. If it's a MATURED PIG........ Bros 30k na bonanza selling...... Feed formulation goes a long way in livestock production... Pigs can weigh up to 80kg even 100kg not only did I know but I have seen.... #fact
well I had a 300 capacity sty about 2 yearsagfo and it's still existing in Baruwa ipaja lagos and I rarely sold above 220 per kilo, in my over 10 years of rearing I havehad very large pigs and none ever weighed above 140 kg so I don't think it's very wise to rear a pig beyond 2 years if you are not breeding with it and then mathematically speaking a pig will have to weigh 200 kilos at 250 per kilo to go for 50k.. I hope I am wrong so I can go back to pig farming though
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by tayo52: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2016
gbemi514:
that an under statement I can post u 5 diff picture of a pig that weigh over 200kg they are not more than 2years,a camborough boar can weigh 200kg in 1year 3 month
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by femu(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2016
thawgy:
well I had a 300 capacity sty about 2 yearsagfo and it's still existing in Baruwa ipaja lagos and I rarely sold above 220 per kilo, in my over 10 years of rearing I havehad very large pigs and none ever weighed above 140 kg so I don't think it's very wise to rear a pig beyond 2 years if you are not breeding with it and then mathematically speaking a pig will have to weigh 200 kilos at 250 per kilo to go for 50k.. I hope I am wrong so I can go back to pig farming though

Liveweight is now 350 per kilo.
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by tayo52: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2016
thawgy:
bro pig biz is lucrative but it involve patience n tym,official price is 350 per kilo but it can sky rocket to 500 soon,most pipu venture into piggery by not going for proper training that one of the reason y they don't make profit most pipu rear local or concoction breeds,which can't attain 70kg in 8months,that just 1 of the reason why some will say it not profitable, some will sell there weaners 3500 some will sell 8000 while some will sell 12k some will sell 20k some will sell 45k for just weaners alone,so tell me among them who will make more money? So b4 u venture into any biz make sure u get trained n av a good mentor,cos foundation rili Mata in any biz no Mata how u feed a local chicken or cockcrel it can't attain a weight of broiler chicken

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by tayo52: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2016
dualsurvey:
bro Arab countrie are great exporter of pork meat,infact they are d 2nd highest, so Muslim brother saying it unethical venturing into pig biz they shld go and ask Arab countries,some will say pigs are dirty I laff when I hear such statement,pigs won't poo in a place were they eat,pigs get dirty wen they are over crowded even same as we humans,pigs is being domesticated and clean animals I guess is because they class pig as dirty animals that y dey don't eat them,and such pipu will fancy eating snake cat,monkeys and all sort of unclean animals from the wild
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by tayo52: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2016
dualsurvey:
bro Arab countrie are great exporter of pork meat,infact they are d 2nd highest, pipu saying it unethical venturing into pig biz they shld go and ask Arab countries,some will say pigs are dirty I laff when I hear such statement,pigs won't poo in a place were they eat,pigs get dirty wen they are over crowded even same as we humans,pigs is being domesticated and clean animals I guess is because they class pig as dirty animals that y dey don't eat them,and such pipu will fancy eating snake cat,monkeys and all sort of unclean animals from the wild
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by gbemi514: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
tayo52:
that an under statement I can post u 5 diff picture of a pig that weigh over 200kg they are not more than 2years,a camborough boar can weigh 200kg in 1year 3 month
I just wanted to make him see that at least a pig can weigh 100kg..... I guess with a confirmation from you he would understand that. Thanks for having my back
Re: How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria by gbemi514: 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
tayo52:
I just wanted to make him see that at least a pig can weigh 100kg..... I guess with a confirmation from you he would understand that. Thanks for having my back
kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Biggest Rice Pyramids In Africa, Built With 1M Bags Of Rice (Pictures) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Afforestation In Kano: See What My Team And I Are Doing On The Streets Of Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.