Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed (860 Views)

The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them / July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis / How I Was Betrayed At Pdp’s National Convention In Port Harcourt —sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 30, 2016
I strongly believe Fajuyi was well informed of the 1966's coup that Killed Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi, and subsequently Fajuyi himself. Just like the northerners betrayed Pa Awolowo, MKO Abiola, Gen Diya, Adenkunle and others, what stopped us from believing that Fajuyi was not betrayed as well? They got him to play along during the arrest, display altruism to project the image that he cared for Aguiyi but ultimately he was betrayed...murdered as well.

1 Like

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
I don't think anybody should be bothered to convince you about the historic truth anyways.
I'm sure the fun part,you won't need conviction about is the fact that after the first coup and counter coup,was the pogrom that followed and civil war that also took 3million Igbo useless souls that was sent to hades.

7 Likes

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Beremx(f): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nonsense!!

How was he betrayed and murdered? Didn't he say he must be killed if Ironsi has to be taken away by the killers?

Fajuyi laid his life for Ironsi and he is a hero!

You these IPOB miscreants should stop twisting history to suit your stupidity.

mtscheew!

6 Likes

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
Don't mind the Yoruba media who covered up the truth and wrote their Afonja brother into glorious history. Where have you ever seen when someone standing between AK47's and the intended victim saves him. Fajuyi was a traitor, coup plotter, wicked individual and a killer. He foolishly thought the fulanis would make him head of state, but to his surprise, they turned on him, and sent him straight to hell. The fact is that Fulanis/Hausas are principled people and were disgusted at how selfish and greedy he was, and so made sure that he was punished. I'm glad his children are living in penury. They and their generations unborn will suffer and pay the price for what he did. Until they confess, poverty will be their bestfriend. To be fair, Aguiyi Ironsi deserved it, because he too Was complicit in the murder of Tafawa Balewa and the Sardauna. What goes around comes back around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Don't mind the Yoruba media who covered up the truth and wrote their Afonja brother into glorious history. Where have you ever seen when someone standing between AK47's and the intended victim saves him. Fajuyi was a traitor, coup plotter, wicked individual and a killer. He foolishly thought the fulanis would make him head of state, but to his surprise, they turned on him, and sent him straight to hell. The fact is that Fulanis/Hausas are principled people and were disgusted at how selfish and greedy he was, and so made sure that he was punished. I'm glad his children are living in penury. They and their generations unborn will suffer and pay the price for what he did. Until they confess, poverty will be their bestfriend. To be fair, Aguiyi Ironsi deserved it, because he too Was complicit in the murder of Tafawa Balewa and the Sardauna. What goes around comes back around.
not every soldier is a coward like major Ojukwu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
Beremx:
Nonsense!!

How was he betrayed and murdered? Didn't he say he must be killed if Ironsi has to be taken away by the killers?

Fajuyi laid his life for Ironsi and he is a hero!

You these IPOB miscreants should stop twisting history to suit your stupidity.

mtscheew!
Fajuyi was a coup plotter and an Afonja. That so called history was written by the Yoruba media, and allowed by the Fulanis who didn't care. Both he and Ogundipe were involved and both thought that they would be made Head of State. The fulanis killed one and exiled the other. That is the truth. Read up on the story, and you will spot the inconsistencies and lies in the story.

1 Like

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by seunmsg(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Shame!

3 Likes

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Beremx(f): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
[s] Fajuyi was a coup plotter and an Afonja. That so called history was written by the Yoruba media, and allowed by the Fulanis who didn't care. Both he and Ogundipe were involved and both thought that they would be made Head of State. The fulanis killed one and exiled the other. That is the truth. Read up on the story, and you will spot the inconsistencies and lies in the story. [/s]
You were Not born when the incident happened. People who were born then have narrated similar stories how it all happened. Should i now believe you because of your hate for Yoruba people who will never agree that Fajuyi laid down his life for Ironsi?

6 Likes

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hagm0nd:
not every soldier is a coward like major Ojukwu
Ojukwu was involved in both coups. He was not satisfied with the largesse and position he got in the first coup. He foolishly thought that the second coupists, would allow him rule the SouthEast and SouthSouth. The deal was for the coupists to enforce a confederation, and split up the country between the officers involved in the plot. Why do you think that Muritala Muhammed started the cessation of the North. Use your brain and not your heart. The truth is clearly evident
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Tunami(m): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Uduak2019:
I strongly believe Fajuyi was well informed of the 1966's coup that Killed Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi, and subsequently Fajuyi himself. Just like the northerners betrayed Pa Awolowo, MKO Abiola, Gen Diya, Adenkunle and others, what stopped us from believing that Fajuyi was not betrayed as well? They got him to play along during the arrest, display altruism to project the image that he cared for Aguiyi but ultimately he was betrayed...murdered as well.
you're saying trash.
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Beremx:
You were Not born when the incident happened. People who were born then has narrated similar stories how it all happened. Should i now believe you because of your hate for Yoruba people will never agree that Fajuyi laid down his life for Ironsi?
Those born then were not in Fajuyi's house when Ironsi was killed, and so are not sure about the truth. They were goaded into that belief by the Yoruba media who wanted to cover up another one of their misadventures. As I said, even Ironsi paid the price for his early evil misdeeds. He was the chief sponsor and architect of the first coup. That's why the coupists killed him in such a gruesome manner. Fajuyi was also involved in that coup.
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by kherington: 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
You people have come again with this your useless theories why can't you allow the dead rest peacefully i will advise you to search for senator Andrew nwankwo s account of the 1966 coup late senator nwankwo was ironsis adc
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Ojukwu was involved in both coups. He was not satisfied with the largesse and position he got in the first coup. He foolishly thought that the second coupists, would allow him rule the SouthEast and SouthSouth. The deal was for the coupists to enforce a confederation, and split up the country between the officers involved in the plot. Why do you think that Muritala Muhammed started the cessation of the North. Use your brain and not your heart. The truth is clearly evident
thanks for the advice.
I promise never to quote a mad fellow.
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Exactly what I thought. You are 100% correct. They used and killed him like Abiola and Awolowo. They almost nailed Diya. Just like Awolowo double-crossed Ojukwu, it was the same thing Fajuyi did to Ironsi. They used propaganda as they are known for to portray Fajuyi as a hero. SMH
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
If it is Igbo, It is hate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
Senseless post. Somebody apparently laid down his life for his boss and you say he was betrayed.
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by wadetaw202: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

These eeeeeeeeedeeots will just be mentioning afonja without knowing who or what afonja means. When will thses flatronics be sensible sef?
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by wadetaw202: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Fajuyi was a coup plotter and an Afonja. That so called history was written by the Yoruba media, and allowed by the Fulanis who didn't care. Both he and Ogundipe were involved and both thought that they would be made Head of State. The fulanis killed one and exiled the other. That is the truth. Read up on the story, and you will spot the inconsistencies and lies in the story.

Let me ask you, Madam Senseless. What do you understand by this afonja you keep on mentioning. You just heard afonja somewhere and just adding afonja to all your thoughtless comments.
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by wadetaw202: 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Those born then were not in Fajuyi's house when Ironsi was killed, and so are not sure about the truth. They were goaded into that belief by the Yoruba media who wanted to cover up another one of their misadventures. As I said, even Ironsi paid the price for his early evil misdeeds. He was the chief sponsor and architect of the first coup. That's why the coupists killed him in such a gruesome manner. Fajuyi was also involved in that coup.

But fajuyi's sister, who was in the house just told you what happened.

I understand your pain and confusion. You have held this useless stereotypical understanding about the Yorubas and you fear that your unreasonable understanding won't last long if the story sticks that a Yoruba man laid down his life for a flaaaaaaathead man. So, you are now making frantic effort to make sure history is turned upside down so that your unreasonable beliefs about yoruha can stand.

Unfortunately for yuou, there is nothing you can do tro change the truth. A YORUBA MAN LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS IGBO FRIEND.

Hug the transformer and die if you Dont like that fact
Re: Fajuyi Was An Accomplice In The 1966's Coup But Was Betrayed by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

What about the account by Ironsi’s son (who was there )as narrated by Mrs. Ironsi?
You want us to disregard that and accept your pepper soup joint narrative? Abi na hate induced narrative?

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Amazing Photo / Rev. Fr. Mbaka Sends Strong Warning To Buhari / Who Is The Best President Among Them : PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.