Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:37 PM

Shame To Who Shame Is Due. Could It Be Okezie Ikpeazu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame To Who Shame Is Due. Could It Be Okezie Ikpeazu? (825 Views)

Joy Ezechikamnayo Assumes Office As Governor Of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu Hands Over / Okezie Ikpeazu Standing In A Train In China (Photo) / High Court Sacks Okezie Ikpeazu From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame To Who Shame Is Due. Could It Be Okezie Ikpeazu? by donmayorgroup(m): 11:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Before I begin this write up, I’d like to notify anybody who is planning to travel to Akwa-Ibom from Aba or vice versa that once you get to Ndiakata Community, the road is cut off and its beyond management, its beyond expertise on the part of any driver. Hahaha… you will have to run through the bush farm roads! Right or left diversion, no difference.

Now read my experience on the 29th July, 2016 in Okezie Ikpeazu’s LGA. I traveled to Ndiakta Community in Obingwa LGA, the Local Government Area from where the present Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu hails; with a couple of friends for the burial of my pal’s dear mother. May her soul rest in peace.

In the vehicle, it was all about Abia state and the leadership tussles between Okezie Ikpeazu and Uchenna Ogah who has been issued certificate of return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

On our way, few kilometers from the military checkpoint, one young man flagged us down. He looked like a returnee from York (If you know what I mean). So we ignored his warnings about the danger that lay ahead. We drove on. But when we approached the spot, it was not just bad, it was a death trap for even a pedestrian, let alone vehicles… and this is the home of the Incumbent Governor of Abia State. Okezie Ikpeazu!

About three Okada riders rode towards us offering to lead us through a bush path in order to divert the bad portion of the road. He said we will have to pay him a thousand Naira. This statement spoilt the whole show for him. We took the diversion, hoping to ask questions along the way. My brothers and sisters, we saw hell! We were made to drive through swampy, narrow bush a path that not just was a perfect place for criminal ambush, but it took us farther and farther into the bushes because of its meandery nature. At about three places, we had to jump into the slummy water to help push out the vehicle. Luckily for us, we met at intervals, old women on their way to the farms who graciously gave us direction on how to come out to the main road. As expected, we met about four checkpoints set up by, permit me to say idle village youths who claimed to have repaired the road. At each checkpoint, we were made to part with about NGN200. As God would have it we emerged from the bush only to observe that we have been driving for about one hour inside the bush and the bad portion was just like…over there, behind us!

When we finally arrived at the venue, we took turns in the bathroom to wash ourselves. As for me, Jideofor* my friend, had to give me another pair of trousers!! Its needless talking further because I believe I have driven home my point. The people of Ngwa in Abia State had fought and clamoured that it was their turn to produce a Governor. Now they have it. Okezie Ikpeazu is your son, but its so disheartening how he has turned his back against you. It’s a shame that for more than a year, a place like where I saw today still exists in Nigeria! I am not saying that other parts of Abia State are not important, but sentiments aside, where else could be as important as your own home, your community. Somebody will say it’s a federal road. Tell Ikpeazu to go ask Sullivan Chime what he did to Federal Government roads that passed through Enugu State. In fact, let him go ask David Umahi of Ebonyi State how he has been working on Federal roads to help better the lives of his people. Probably we should ask him who he has been sharing the State’s money with. Someone said Theodore Orji!

All over the world, Aba is well known to be the centre of business and entrepreneurship in Nigeria. People survive in Aba because people from other parts of the country come down to buy their shoes, suits, sandals and other Aba made products. But its rather sad to note that the Aba you know then is no longer what it is today despite the buy made in Nigeria campaign of the Federal Government. I wish Uchenna Ogah sends him packing from that Government house, and by the time he returns to his people, they will hold him roast and eat him! Hahaha. They are used to eat! Sorry, that should be it!

The video clip below was when we were returning back. So people of the area advised us to take another farm road on the other side of the road. We thought it was better!

WATCH FOR YOURSELF!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJAMiIgJUEQ

Read more at: http://www.michaeldoosblog.info/2016/07/shame-to-who-shame-is-due-could-it-be.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Share

Re: Shame To Who Shame Is Due. Could It Be Okezie Ikpeazu? by Oche211(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
Some idiots will still blame buhari nd how he neglected the region.
Their "he's our brother" syndrome will blindfold them to the reality of things (issues).
And what is the reality?
It's very simple, the problem of the igboland is their own selfish nd greedy political elites/businessmen and women.
It's every igbo politician/business owner to himself/herself. Nobody for the igboland.
Same thing with the so called Niger deltans (south-south).
I think it's time the people hold their leaders accountable to them.
Re: Shame To Who Shame Is Due. Could It Be Okezie Ikpeazu? by emmaraphael(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
what a pity
Re: Shame To Who Shame Is Due. Could It Be Okezie Ikpeazu? by obailala(m): 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Shame To Who Shame Is Due. Could It Be Okezie Ikpeazu? by MXrep: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
rubbish, this is a road to nowhere but bushy farmlands.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari At The Eid Prayer Ground In Daura, Katsina State / 1,000 Houses To Go For Lagos-abeokuta Road Expansion / ​dasuki: Is The ECOWAS Court Judgment Binding On Nigeria? By Inibehe Effiong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.