Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Do Men/guys Still Get Insulted When They Make Overture To A Lady In This Age? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Men/guys Still Get Insulted When They Make Overture To A Lady In This Age? (477 Views)

Why Some Yall Guys Still Shy To Woo Girls? ( A Cuteguy's Guide To Easy Pick Up) / Pic: How I Wish Babes And Guys Still Dress Like This / Do Guys Still Suck Naija Toto? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Men/guys Still Get Insulted When They Make Overture To A Lady In This Age? by OduduaDefender(m): 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
I cannot believe that some ladies in this age still abuse men who approach them for a serious relationship that the man intends to lead to a marriage: I thought it's gone with the past. I have always believed that the lady who may not be interested in such proposal(for whatever reason) should courteously decline instead of resulting to raining abuses all over the man since it's not by force.
Armed with this belief, I was therefore bewildered to be met with a harsh and hostile response when many months ago, I approached a lady to woo her. We were not strangers to each other. I am neither a play boy nor use "a play boy's language" 'cos I didn't need it anyway. In fact, I really meant the business, but I don't know, maybe in her eyes I didn't measure up to her standard/expectation. Her response was uncivil. I swear I had never been abused and felt embarrassed like that in my life!
Did she have to do that for whatever reason? Even if she wasn't gonna agree, a simple "no" would have sufficed.
I would have concluded that was how ladies behave but the next lady I approached declined respectfully and even gave reason it would be impossible ( even though she didn't have to).
The lady I'm engaged to now also first declined with such a good and respectful manner that even encouraged me not to give up on her until she eventually accepted three months later.
The irony of it all is that my fiancee now is even better than the abusive one in all facets (and with all sense of sincerity I say this). She is more beautiful, educated well behaved and even has a better job.
Now I ask my fellow men reading this: have you had such an experience before and how did you feel?
And to the ladies: is it right to abuse a guy who woos you or confront him with such a very harsh and hostile attitude?
Re: Do Men/guys Still Get Insulted When They Make Overture To A Lady In This Age? by mizzbouqui(f): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
Maybe because of her past relationships, she might just been broken and some ladies have turned it to an habit thinking they are playing hard to get

Dedicating this FTC to my bestie, I love you so much kizzez kiss kiss kiss
Re: Do Men/guys Still Get Insulted When They Make Overture To A Lady In This Age? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
WELL I have not, maybe because the way i compose myself and the manner in which i used in approaching. its all about you. but one thing that i have come to understand is that ladies that abuse men that woo them are those ladies that might have beep pained from their previous relationships or ladies like that are usually lesbians.
Re: Do Men/guys Still Get Insulted When They Make Overture To A Lady In This Age? by cruzita(f): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
she must have had a bad relationship
Re: Do Men/guys Still Get Insulted When They Make Overture To A Lady In This Age? by yuiop(m): 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
@op... I think they don't abuse but will ignore you.or try to friend zone you grin.,#my own opinion
Re: Do Men/guys Still Get Insulted When They Make Overture To A Lady In This Age? by TITOBIGZ(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
mizzbouqui:
Maybe because of her past relationships, she might just been broken and some ladies have turned it to an habit thinking they are playing hard to get

Dedicating this FTC to my bestie, I love you so much kizzez kiss kiss kiss
U r Welcome dear gringrin

(1) (Reply)

Nairala / Help O! / Crazy Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.