Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate (2732 Views)

PDP Has Now Been Reduced To A Regional Party – APC / PDP Has Lost Focus Says Bode George - There is Confusion Everywhere / Who Within The PDP Has The Best Chances Of Wining The APC In 2019?- Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2016
suasmablow:

INEC only claimed to have obeyed the court and its law.
Don't be surprised if INEC on Monday withdraws the name of Pastor Ize-Iyamu in line with this judgement
.That is exactly what is going to happen. PDP has no Candidate in Edo state as it stand.
Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Mylove55:
ur ipod favourite party is dead.
. RIP. Gone forever.
Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by StOla: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2016
mazichika:
PDP has already filed for a stay of execution.
You and know too well that such judgement from Abang is pure disgrace to our judiciary.
Can a high overrule another high court?

NJC should call okon Abang to order before be damage their little re£aining image!

I believe you've just summarised what Justice Abang declared as Judgement.

He has declared that a high court judgement in PH could not have overruled one in Lagos (which was not given by Justice Abang). I am happy you've also conceded to this opinion going by your expression in bold.

So if that be the case, why was Makarfi elected using a PH High Court judgement as authority, when there was a judgement already given by a Lagos High Court preventing that convention from even occuring, talkless of electing a Chairman with it?

In the end, Justice Okon Abang has proved to be one of the few sane Judges in the country. He deserves accolades, even from you. It is time NJC nominates Justice Abang to a higher court.
Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by mazichika: 8:24am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
. This is not about APC but LAW. Nigeria Law is greather any individual or group of individuals.
The law that Okon Abang has upturned several times?

Can a high court reverse the judegement of another high court?
Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by mrbishop: 9:04am On Jul 31, 2016
StOla:

I believe you've just summarised what Justice Abang declared as Judgement.

He has declared that a high court judgement in PH could not have overruled one in Lagos (which was not given by Justice Abang). I am happy you've also conceded to this opinion going by your expression in bold.

So if that be the case, why was Makarfi elected using a PH High Court judgement as authority, when there was a judgement already given by a Lagos High Court preventing that convention from even occuring, talkless of electing a Chairman with it?

In the end, Justice Okon Abang has proved to be one of the few sane Judges in the country. He deserves accolades, even from you. It is time NJC nominates Justice Abang to a higher court.

There was a court injunction from Lagos stopping the election into some elective offices not the convention itself.
PDP obeyed by appointing a care taker comitee instead.
Now the PH court has ruled the care taker comitee is legal,this is declarative and the final declaration.
Justice A bang therefore have no right to sit on this case again.
Only the appeal court can overrule the fgh

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by Lifeiscool(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2016
WATCHOVER:

Childish comment.
Osho is too small for that man to crush.
I don't think you understand Edo politics.
If you are observant you will discover that since Ize-Iyamu left the APC in Edo Oshomhole has been struggling.
Just of a recent scene in Ekewan, around Zabayor will tell you how APC have divided.
It's obvious you re not from EDO state.
Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2016
mazichika:

The law that Okon Abang has upturned several times?

Can a high court reverse the judegement of another high court?
.The timing of passing the judgement make one superior over the other. A house divided against itself can not stand.Nemesis catching up with them. Let the aggrieved exhaust the law to the fullest.
Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by WATCHOVER(m): 3:20am On Aug 02, 2016
suasmablow:

Let's keep our fingers crossed
If INEC doesn't strike out Ize-Iyamu's name from her list, the result of the poll will surely increase your wailings since u hv chosen self-ignorance over where the dire will obviously swing
Stop giving yourself false hope
Re: Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate by Dmarv007(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
I believe we all know that the Justice Abang judgement was more or less a kangaroo judgement. No court of alternate jurisdiction can over rule another court of same jurisdiction. No matter the underground plan of APC to use the executive to get back through the back door. Edo is not for sale, APC will not be given any chance to put our future in jeopardy

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Has Destroyed The 16 Years Gains Of PDP In Nigeria - APC Reps Member / My Dog " Buhari" Went Missing After My Freedom - Chinakwe / We Wrote 'El-Rufai Letter' To Buhari- Pastor Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.