Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. (54991 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City / Lists Of The 6 Best Lounges And Clubs In The Ibadan City / Enugu Centenary And Golf City Is Emerging- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=Raydos post=48045983]Hey I'm A Yoruba!

And I've Been To Ibadan 6times!

What I Noticed Is That The Slum Is 80% While The Main City Is Just 10%.

Lets Stop The Hype, Ajimobi Is The Dumbest Governor I've Ever Known.

If You Really Wanna Know The Real Meaning Of "Change" Just Come To Abeokuta.

Abeokuta Is Not Really An Over hyped City Unlike Ibadan.

You Can Barely See Things Concerning Abeokuta On NL

But, Abeokuta Is Way More Better Than Ibadan, The City Has Changed Over The Years Since The Current Governor Assumption Of Office.

Abeokuta Is Just Nothing But A Huge Construction Site Right Now

The Last Time I Paid A Visit To Abeokuta, I Was Wowed All Through My Journey, I Didn't Even Know When I Poked My Head Outta The Car-Window, You Can Barely Drive Past A Place Without Seeing A Construction. It's Indeed An Haven Of Investment

In The Next 3years Abeokuta Is Gonna Be The Place Of Our Dream.

Even Ogun State That's Among The Poorest States Years Back In Nigeria, Is Now Among The Top 4 Richest State In Nigeria.

So Lets Stop The Hype On Ibadan, Ajimobi Is Doing Nothing But Playing Ludo[are u living in ibadan if not just shut up ]

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by semitunde: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2016
Raydos:
Hey I'm A Yoruba!

But, Abeokuta Is Way More Better Than Ibadan, The City Has Changed Over The Years Since The Current Governor Assumption Of Office.

The Last Time I Paid A Visit To Abeokuta, I Was Wowed All Through My Journey, I Didn't Even Know When I Poked My Head Outta The Car-Window, You Can Barely Drive Past A Place Without Seeing A Construction. It's Indeed An Haven Of Investment

Even Ogun State That's Among The Poorest States Years Back In Nigeria, Is Now Among The Top 4 Richest State In Nigeria.

So Lets Stop The Hype On Ibadan, Ajimobi Is Doing Nothing But Playing Ludo

Ibadan development has never been about just the govt of the day. Just like any thriving city, it has substantial private input; no need to direct your angst against Ajimobi over this.

Also, Ibadan isn't in comparism with any southwestern city or state, in fact it's not in camparism with any state; ( "Oyo compares with no one"wink). If we compare notes on development in the southwest, it's not out of competition but in a view to see areas where each state can take advantage of, while relating with other states.

4 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by lordyugo: 9:02am On Jul 31, 2016
kettykin:
The city has already overtaken Enugu and Port Harcourt it should be primed to over take Johannesburg as the largest City in Africa and if Nigeria gets its bearing right then with investments from multinationals it can be primed to overtake cities like London and Tokyo.

Places like Eleyele, Bodija, Jericho can become mini cities within a mega city while the lagos ibadan expressway can be converted into the world longest boulevard with palm trees adjoining the sides and solar powered street lights to aid night driving

pass me some of dat gud ish u puffed before u typed this
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=canalily post=48046953]I hav been watching since to see the face, all i could see are buildings, fishing net! range rover sportssadpls where is the face naaundecided[sorry for ur eyes problem ]
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by NCP: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibadan, the City of Eleven Local Governments.
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by soberdrunk(m): 9:07am On Jul 31, 2016
IBADAN MY IBADAN!! Awa la ni Ibadan!!! FULL BLODED OMO IKEREKU/LABIRAN! OLUYOLE NINJA! Ibadan a je igbin je karawun! Ilu ojo ilu Ajayi! STAND UP FOR THE LARGEST CITY IN WEST AFRICA!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by christinie(f): 9:09am On Jul 31, 2016
All I see is green roof grin
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by eyinjuege: 9:15am On Jul 31, 2016
In Funke Akindele's voice:

Omo 'Badan, kini s'ow?, S'ow sure ni
Kilo je l'ana? Eran sikin ni.
K'ilo fi Jo ko? C'usin c'iar ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by tmanuelle(m): 9:21am On Jul 31, 2016
I wish to see the emerging face of Mokola oo
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by rhilwhan(m): 9:24am On Jul 31, 2016
Wic eleyele ooo jare
kettykin:
The city has already overtaken Enugu and Port Harcourt it should be primed to over take Johannesburg as the largest City in Africa and if Nigeria gets its bearing right then with investments from multinationals it can be primed to overtake cities like London and Tokyo.

Places like Eleyele, Bodija, Jericho can become mini cities within a mega city while the lagos ibadan expressway can be converted into the world longest boulevard with palm trees adjoining the sides and solar powered street lights to aid night driving
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by ebby9z(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibadan my city. You won't appreciate the affordability of living in Ibadan until you've lived in Lagos. Minimal traffic, cheap food, cheap accommodation , relative peace...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by SaffronSpice: 9:32am On Jul 31, 2016
Nice.
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Adesiji77: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibadan...I love this city :- *cool
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by martineinstein(m): 9:34am On Jul 31, 2016
ikarm17:

Many of these infrastructures & structures were built by the people of Ibadan & by private businesses. They were there before Ajimobi came to power.
Don't depend on your government for everything.
not really true....im from s/south,;i served in ibadan northwest,ajumobi did most of them...ibadan is a beautiful city,especially north,northwest and south east part

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by comeandmarry: 9:36am On Jul 31, 2016
Abegi, ibadan get work.
Abegi
Brown roof useless place.
No airport,no sea port,no work.
Ibadan can never be developed.
The state governor is greedy,a thief.
Ibadan na old lagos.
Agberos everywhere.
No work
Diq best club for dia,be like local bar for here,
Dem dey price bus and cab before dem enter
Dirty town

Everywhere na iyana iyana church,iyana school, iyana house.such a useless place.
Wat development can come out from a hopeless civil service state.
Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by martineinstein(m): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2016
MARKone:

No doubt that ibadan is a beautiful and peaceful city, but please don't compare ibadan with enugu. Having seen both cities, an presently visiting enugu, Enugu by far, is more beautiful and organised than Ibadan. 042 is a construction site. Really don't want to start posting pictures. I love IB, but ps leave Enugu out of ur comparison.
sorry,bro.im from sout-south,lagos and ph are the only cities ahead of ibadan.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by AlphaCentauri: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2016
Scholes00:
When the upcoming Lagos - Ibadan rail link is completed, this city will very likely zoom past and occupy its rightful place as Nigeria's No3 city, by Overtaking Port Harcourt.
lagos is number 1, which one is number 2 ?
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Lukenitheooo6(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2016
its becoming a mega city already
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by mmsen: 9:43am On Jul 31, 2016
martineinstein:
sorry,bro.im from sout-south,lagos and ph are the only cities ahead of ibadan.

He said more beautiful, not bigger.

And I would agree.

Ibadan has a it's size but Enugu, Uyo and Calabar look better.

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by ogawisdom(m): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2016
YourNemesis:
This thread is dedicated to the emerging modern phase of Ibadan, which many people who pass through the huge metropolis don't get to see that often.

Omoajowa7
ikarm17
Scholes00

U don mean it, this can't b d brown roof republic we kw nwgrin

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by harjokeh26(f): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2016
beautiful city....can't wait to be back home
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by kolinzoviola(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Why is places like Bere,Alakia, Academy, Apata not on this pix.all I see is Bodija, Jerico, Agodi, Ring road and other beautiful places.well ibadan dey try!

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by shaybebaby(f): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2016
eyinjuege:
In Funke Akindele's voice:

Omo 'Badan, kini s'ow?, S'ow sure ni
Kilo je l'ana? Eran sikin ni.
K'ilo fi Jo ko? C'usin c'iar ni.
Ki Lago wi na? Seven sap! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by sniper77(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2016
ikarm17:

Why not the hype though. The city deserves the credit. If you see something beautiful, wouldn't you appreciate it? wink

You are right. Just to let people know that ibadan is not all about brown roofs. The city has developed over the years. Magazine road, Jericho and other roads dualized.
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2016
ikarm17:
Ibadan's development, like Lagos and Ogun states, is moving faster than a tsunami.

Ibadan is such a beautiful city.

It will take more resources and manpower to develop because it's such a huge city, the largest in Africa; 27x the size of Enugu STATE.

Give or take 5 years, the SW will be a force to reckon with.

#ProudBrownRoofRepulic #ProudYoruba

Nothing can stop the storm in Ibadan.

@bold; Guy are you okay? So Ibadan city is 27 times the size of Enugu State?
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Tobium1(m): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2016
Hype is all I see

1 Like

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by orimsamsam(m): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibadan

1 Share

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by seguno2: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2016
Can these fancy buildings and roads pay the salaries owed to civil servants by Ajimobi Ajumogbe?
Can they provide jobs for the people?
I don't see any factory in the pictures.
No primary or secondary school.
Should these not be the basic priorities?
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by elopee3000(m): 9:57am On Jul 31, 2016
Raydos:
Hey I'm A Yoruba!

So Lets Stop The Hype On Ibadan, Ajimobi Is Doing Nothing But Playing Ludo
my brother u good person u dont lie lets forget about picture even lagos is not up to international standard not to talk of east where am from we just help government dey desive us with over hype ,once nigerians saw new house with with new aluminium zinc they call it london what is building city without water and we still ve gutters in lekki

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2016
Not bad
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by martineinstein(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2016
mmsen:

He said more beautiful, not bigger.

And I would agree.

Ibadan has a it's size but Enugu, Uyo and Calabar look better.
did i mention 'bigger'...ibadan is biigger dan ph
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by adigun86(m): 10:09am On Jul 31, 2016
please where is Beere, Iwo road and co. Also you pictures does not have caption.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagosians, Why Are We Like This? (PHOTOS) / Meet Arthur Nwabufo, First Nigerian To Reach Antarctica With The Russian Fleet / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.