Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. (55009 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City / Lists Of The 6 Best Lounges And Clubs In The Ibadan City / Enugu Centenary And Golf City Is Emerging- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Bifwoli: 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
kettykin:
The city has already overtaken Enugu and Port Harcourt it should be primed to over take Johannesburg as the largest City in Africa and if Nigeria gets its bearing right then with investments from multinationals it can be primed to overtake cities like London and Tokyo.

Places like Eleyele, Bodija, Jericho can become mini cities within a mega city while the lagos ibadan expressway can be converted into the world longest boulevard with palm trees adjoining the sides and solar powered street lights to aid night driving

Get your Ibadan ass outta your head.You only have small traders and agriculture.

Ibadan will NEVER overtake London or Tokyo which are driven by their global industries like semiconductor industries,jet engine manufacturing,shipbuilding,big pharmaceutical firms,car manufacturing,tourism and transport hubs ,gigantic banks and huge sophisticated financial markets.
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by comeandmarry: 8:09am On Aug 03, 2016
Guy go sleep,brown roof thatched, broke ass state quote author=laurel03 post=48056852]ibadan no get work withabi British America tobbaco, IITA, Coca cola get 2 plant, more than 20 private radio stations, 7up, proter and gamble,NNPC, Zartech,..etc uncountable good factories and malls..
How many state get sea port in Nigeria? Ib get proposed dry port? Ib get airport
UI and UCH community alone is better than some state capital in Nigeria.
Let me tell you the truth Ibadan get everything that make life as Nigeria standard.... Your family can't afford land in some area in ibadan Iyanganku GRA and Alalubosa land na 50million above..[/quote]
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by tobex23(m): 7:00am On Aug 05, 2016
SpicyMimi:

I'm serving in Oyo and I really feel sorry for the lack of civilization here, extremely pathetic! Boredom has finished some of the corpers and youths here... I am so tired of the boredom, but then I love the environment... If there was electricity often which is a Federal problem tho, I wouldn't have had any problem being here. But no light for days and weeks, I go about looking for where to charge! Chaaiii I miss my home in Lagos.

Hmmm, it is well ma..

Please ma, could you spare me a minute of your time?
Please I do need your help... embarassed
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by SpicyMimi(f): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2016
tobex23:

Hmmm, it is well ma..

Please ma, could you spare me a minute of your time?
Please I do need your help... embarassed
Yes
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by tobex23(m): 10:47am On Aug 05, 2016
SpicyMimi:

Yes

Thank you so much ma for the audience.

Please the Ongoing Mr Nairaland grand finale comes up Saturday (06/08/2016)
And this is from teamPhotoshoot..

In every way we would be very grateful if we have your support ma'am

Please join us to crown photoshoot the winner ma.
What do you say ma?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nphzzycute(f): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
hahahahaha now that's the true definition of the Term "BROWN ROOF REPUBLIC"
lolz...u are too funny........wic one be brown roof republic?lolzzzzxx
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nphzzycute(f): 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
hahahahaha now that's the true definition of the Term "BROWN ROOF REPUBLIC"
lolzzzzx...wic one be 'Brown roof republic'..lollzzz ......in real life u gonna be a very STURBORN and FUNNY dude...I have read some of ur post on different threads...I am like 'lolzz dis guy ehn e no go kill person....stay cool bro
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 28, 2016
Nphzzycute:
lolzzzzx...wic one be 'Brown roof republic'..lollzzz ......in real life u gonna be a very STURBORN and FUNNY dude...I have read some of ur post on different threads...I am like 'lolzz dis guy ehn e no go kill person....stay cool bro
oh ya sorry that account has been banned til 2026, there's a prejudiced mod here that has been frustrating my existence here on Nl.
By the way i could vividly remember that you told me that youre a prospective CLA aspirant for next year's admission procedures. Are you on whatsapp so we could adumbrate, read along and elucidate on our career?
Anticipating ya reply
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by zainabubu(f): 12:54am On Aug 29, 2016
My friends and I did a long weekend trip to Ibadan, but there was zero engaging touristy things to do there. The major roads are really well done and the city is shaping up well (I should add that some of the side roads are pretty damaging to vehicles, I would not like to be caught on those on a very rainy day).
We also need to have something cultural that ties in with the roots of Ibadan. We were not interested in going to the malls or the like, so we ended up driving to Erin-Ijesha for touristy activities.
It is great that the government body in charge is working to upscale Ibadan, but please, while upscaling, do not forget it's root. For those who live in Ibadan, kindly correct me if I am wrong. We relied on the information online for things to do in Ibadan, and found nothing engaging...if there are engaging things to do there like; museums showcasing Oyo's history, locations similar to Freedom park in Lagos and the like. Kindly inform me.
What we did enjoy in Ibadan was the food. A friend got us food from a restaurant called Jade's and the amala, gbegiri and ewedu was so good. If you know somewhere better, kindly inform me. Ibadan itself is a good retreat location from the Lagos hustle and bustle, we are thinking of going there again just to relax and enjoy some local food...and if I hear of something touristy to do, we would definitely add that to our schedule.
Here's a post of what we got up to: http://www.zeegoes.com/2016/02/27/lagos-to-ibadan-and-erin-ijesha/
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nphzzycute(f): 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2016
FrustratedNigga:
oh ya sorry that account has been banned til 2026, there's a prejudiced mod here that has been frustrating my existence here on Nl.
By the way i could vividly remember that you told me that youre a prospective CLA aspirant for next year's admission procedures. Are you on whatsapp so we could adumbrate, read along and elucidate on our career?
Anticipating ya reply
sure bruh....am on whatsapp.....dis ya new moniker e get as e be o
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nphzzycute:
sure bruh....am on whatsapp.....dis ya new moniker e get as e be o
08060423357. Anticipating. Thanks
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Basic123: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2017
Infamous:
Op, why haven't you posted the pictures of Iwo road, Agbowo, Adegbayi areas? Are these areas no longer in Ibadan? Ibadan has some beautiful areas sha, but don't exaggerate the beauty of the city cos they still have a long way to go. I can confidently say that, all things being equal, Ibadan can never overtake cities like Onitsha and Enugu
..what is the size of onitsha and enugu you are even talking of.enugu that was established in the early 20th century in the past.And i'm very sure its size will not be as big as bodija-sango-Agbowo district in ibadan.Ibadan alone has 11 local government while the whole enugu state has just 15.For information,ibadan was empire during her time and it was the succeeding empire to old oyo empire.YOU CAN ONLY COMPARE ENUGU WITH NEW IBADAN DISTRICT THAT HAS NEARLY THE SAME AGE WITH ENUGU.PLACES LIKE NEW BODIJA,IYAGANKU,OLUYOLE,JERICHOR,RING ROAD,AKOBO,ALALUBOSA,CHALLENGE ND O
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Horus(m): 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2017

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by hngprincess: 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
Enjoy this great post on Ibadan
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Iamgrey5(m): 9:01am On Feb 29, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Arthur Nwabufo, First Nigerian To Reach Antarctica With The Russian Fleet / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / See How "Stan" The Robot Is Parking Cars At France’s Lyon Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.