Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku (1244 Views)

12 Ways APC Wants Nigeria To Be Restructured,among Is Merging & State Creation. / Nigeria Will Never Be Restructured - Shehu Sani / Why Nigeria Cannot Be Restructured – IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2016
Former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, has
explained why he is advocating that Nigeria
should be restructured.
Atiku made this explanation in a paper he
presented at the Late Gen.Usman Katsina
Memorial Conference, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua
Memorial Hall, Murtala Square, Kaduna, on
Saturday.
The Turakin Adamawa, who spoke on the theme
of the conference, “The Challenges of National
Integration and Survival of Democracy in Nigeria”,
noted that he had been an advocate of
restructuring for over a decade because be truly
believed it was the key to solving some, if not
most of the nation’s problems.
He stressed that Nigeria had struggled to build a
nation where the component units would feel a
true sense of belonging.
Atiku said, “As a country we have struggled to
live up to this ideal. We have obviously not done
enough to realise national integration, and the
survival of our democracy is still a work in
progress.
“The cost to us has been enormous. We even
fought a civil war to forcibly keep the country
together.
“Since the various amalgamations that created
the entity that we now call Nigeria, different
segments of Nigeria’s population have, at
different times and sometimes at the same time,
expressed feelings of marginalisation, of being
short-changed, dominated, oppressed,
threatened, or even targeted for elimination.”
According to him, previous initiatives aimed at
addressing these concerns have not yielded the
desired results as mutual suspicions still existed,
adding that, “If anything, our unity has been
fragile, our democracy unstable, and our people
more aggrieved by their state in the federation.”
Nigeria’s unity he said, “is worth sacrificing for
and that the component units should look at the
bright side of restructuring because it remains
the only way to go.”
Atiku said, “The north and Nigeria have not been
served well by the status quo and there is need
for change.
“Who among us who went to primary and
secondary school in the 1960s had much to do
with the federal government? Did the northern
regional government wait to collect monthly
revenue allocations from Lagos before paying
salaries to its civil servants and teachers or fixing
its bridges and roads?”
He called on all Nigerians irrespective of their
religious, political or ethnic persuasion to support
the restructuring of the nation.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/31/restructuring-will-end-problems-nigeria-atiku/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2016
Atiku they have forgotten about that.... Now they're screaming good governance.... Without empowering the grassroots...LGAs

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:38am On Jul 31, 2016
Atiku, let me tell you point-blank, you are wasting your time. You have already failed. You will never see Aso Rock again, not to talk of being the President. You are finished in Nigerian politics. Your last misadventure was your last. The next government will reopen the Haliburton case, after which you will be prosecuted and jailed. You are History.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Atiku, let me tell you point-blank, you are wasting your time. You have already failed. You will never see Aso Rock again, not to talk of being the President. You are finished in Nigerian politics. Your last misadventure was your last. The next government will reopen the Haliburton case, after which you will be prosecuted and jailed. You are History.
Typical deaf and dumb response. Only a stupid person sees the world in white and black. Read and cure your ignorance

5 Likes

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by DropShot: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Restructuring of Nigeria is desirable but it won't happen overnight.

At least, not until every region develops their areas of core strength which I don't think can happen earlier than 5 years from now.
Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2016
Yeye mumbo jumbo from a shameless corrupt almanjiri. Why didn't you support restructuring during Jonathan? An elder statesman should be objective irrespective of party affiliations but you kept quiet for the confab to become meaningless

Your saintly pose can't give you 2019 seat, the earlier you know the better.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by TedBaker(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Overnight turned moralist

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:50am On Jul 31, 2016
angels09:

Typical deaf and dumb response. Only a stupid person sees the world in white and black. Read and cure your ignorance
Read up, on what. Restructuring is an utopian dream and a politician's gimmick. The structure of Nigeria, though flawed, is appropriate for the nation. Atiku knows that, and would never alter it. But just like his fellow thieves and saboteurs in the APC, he is only playing up on sentiments, as a ruse to garner support for his failed presidential agenda. Atiku and his likes, must be rejected, for Nigeria to keep on moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Tunami(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2016
All this yeye polithiefcians. When they're in power they wont do the needful, its when they're out of power they will forming saints.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Tenkobos(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2016
JESUS!!
iflywithbuhari:
Madam why all these harsh words nah, did Atiku break your heart? As in, are you his ex?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2016
angels09:

Only a useless angel with take a political nomad and betrayer like Atiku very seriously. Smart people already know his political permutations. We all know that Nigeria needs to be restructured but nobody is buying it from Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Only a useless angel with take a political nomad and betrayer like Atiku very seriously. Smart people already know his political permutations. We all know that Nigeria needs to be restructured but nobody is buying it from Atiku.
Only retards judge a book by its cover. Voting is another thing from advocacy.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by omenka(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Never say never, remember, this is politics. A lot like this was said about our current president.

That said, Atiku's saying all this simply because he wants to warm himself up to the hearts of a section of voters. It's all about 2019. Atiku will never implement such if he becomes the president.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2016
omenka:
Never say never, remember, this is politics. A lot like this was said about our current president.

That said, Atiku's saying all this simply because he wants to warm himself up to the hearts of a section of voters. It's all about 2019. Atiku will never implement such if he becomes the president.
However we need such implemented for a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by citizenY(m): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2016
You can take this to the bank.. ...

Atiku is preparing for 2019 and it will not be on the ticket of APC. Before leavibg, he will make attempts to scatter that party.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by achinaboy(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
Atiku is a stupid man, he need to restructure his big head first, he had his chance to restructure Nigeria, and what did he do, he did his best by restructuring his bank account

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by kettle84(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Read up, on what. Restructuring is an utopian dream and a politician's gimmick. The structure of Nigeria, though flawed, is appropriate for the nation. Atiku knows that, and would never alter it. But just like his fellow thieves and saboteurs in the APC, he is only playing up on sentiments, as a ruse to garner support for his failed presidential agenda. Atiku and his likes, must be rejected, for Nigeria to keep on moving forward.
why do you think that a flawed Nigeria structure is appropriate. flawed and appreciate don't mix.
Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by kettle84(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
achinaboy:
Atiku is a stupid man, he need to restructure his big head first, he had his chance to restructure Nigeria, and what did he do, he did his best by restructuring his bank account
Atiku didn't had the opportunity to restructure the country. he wasn't the president.
Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Paulpaulpaul(m): 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
angels09:

Only retards judge a book by its cover. Voting is another thing from advocacy.

Whatever Bible means by new wine in old wineskin. Those that don't learn from history are doomed by it. If fate didn't conspire against us, it will be foolhardy to let history repeat itself.

Judging a book by its cover, you need at least a crash course in Nigerian politics

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by Nature129(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nigerian politicians are some of the worst in the world...they make bad leaders when they are in power and become angels when they leave office.

Atiku was in power for 8 years and never mentioned restructuring to Obj.

Osinbajo and his party campaigned with restructuring but now he's openly kicking against it to the dismay of many Yorubas who believe in it too.

I think it's high time we invited Theresa May to suspend our independence because just like Donald Trump said, Africa needs to be colonized for another time 100 years."

In all sincerity, the African Black has no idea what leadership is about. Just like APC was never prepared for leadership, Nigeria is NOT due for independence, period!

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by otukpo(f): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Atiku is a scam.

Never trust him.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku by jamace(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nature129:

Nigerian politicians are some of the worst in the world...they make bad leaders when they are in power and become angels when they leave office.

Atiku was in power for 8 years and never mentioned restructuring to Obj.

Osinbajo and his party campaigned with restructuring but now he's openly kicking against it to the dismay of many Yorubas who believe in it too.

I think it's high time we invited Theresa May to suspend our independence because just like Donald Trump said, Africa needs to be colonized for another time 100 years."

In all sincerity, the African Black has no idea what leadership is about. Just like APC was never prepared for leadership, Nigeria is NOT due for independence, period!
GBAM @ highlighted

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

AMAZING! See Where Black Oil Flow In Gutter (photos) / Nigerian Navy Third Quarter Route March 2016 / President Buhari To Contest In 2019 Election- Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.