Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times (37081 Views)

Budget Padding Scandal: Pictures Of Dogara’s Guest House Emerge / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by stephenduru: 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
Budget Padding Scandal: Pictures of Dogara’s guest house emerge

The pictures of what is said to be one of Speaker Yakubu Dogara’s guest houses emerged on Sunday, as the budget padding scandal rocking Nigeria’s House of Representatives worsens.

The pictures were sent to PREMIUM TIMES by lawmakers who asked not to be named. They said the pictures, depicted Mr. Dogara’s guest house located at Vistula Close, along Panama Crescent, in the exquisite Maitama neighbourhood in Abuja.

We initially thought the lawmakers were on an errand for the former chairman of the House Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, who has been fighting Mr. Dogara.

But the embattled lawmaker telephoned PREMIUM TIMES on Sunday night, saying he had nothing to do with the release of the photographs.

“I don’t have a hand in the release of those photographs,” Mr. Jibrin said. “I’m dealing with serious issues and not about guest houses.”

Mr. Jibrin had repeatedly said in his allegations that Mr. Dogara allegedly looted funds meant for legislative duties to furnish his guest houses and other apartments being personally used by him.
The charges were part of the similar ones Mr. Jibrin had come up with in recent days, following his ouster from the Appropriation Committee’s leadership on allegations that he betrayed the House leadership and other members.

Mr. Jibrin denied all the allegations, saying it was Mr. Dogara who had been sitting over massive misappropriation of public funds as Speaker.

“Mr. Speaker and Deputy Speaker Yusuf Lasun diverted millions of naira all in the name of paying for guest houses and official residence. The issue became so messy that the Deputy Speaker openly accused Hon Herma Hembe of short changing them of millions of naira in the deal to the shock of many honourable members,” Mr. Jibrin said in a July 25 statement.

Mr. Dogara and others named in the alleged fraud denied the allegations.
Mr. Jibrin’s whistleblowing had seen the public inundated with House internal documents about how funds were allegedly allocated to lawmakers for ‘constituency’ projects, triggering sweeping investigation into the scandal.
Pictures of the guest houses below:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/207846-budget-padding-scandal-pictures-of-dogaras-exotic-guest-house-emerge.html

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by stephenduru: 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
Dogara don finish!

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Cutehector(m): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
If i'm the speaker of the house of reps, I will just rent self con and stay..

10 Likes

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by madridguy(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
Noted
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by ojietu: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
But that house doesn't look too expensive for dogara not to be able to build na.

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
enjoy it very well before baba begins to chase you up and down like your Oga Saraki

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by emeijeh(m): 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hhhhhhmmmmmm Nigerians!
Una don come again!
Is that why you couldn't come down from the vehicle to take a good shot?

Padded kò, Always ní

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
All the house of reps members and senators should be investigated and prosecuted.since they are all receiving constituency allowance on behalf of their constituencies,they also padded budget to receive more money for embezzlement purposes.Dogara should not be the only scapegoat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
ojietu:
But that house doesn't look too expensive for dogara not to be able to build na.
He furnished the house with padded budget while his personal money remains intact.#4million is too much to furnish a home if it is legally acquired.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by AgreatMan: 12:01am On Aug 01, 2016
ojietu:

Forget the damn house, d land will drive the price up. Banana island na for d boiz wey accidentally hammer, maitama na for the babas dem wey rob minds with people in power.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by MalcoImX: 12:06am On Aug 01, 2016
These people like enjoyment oo! The house may not look good from the outside, but as it is with padding, the inside is heaven on Earth.

8 Likes

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Grundig: 12:27am On Aug 01, 2016
So the house in these pictures are furnished?
Interesting!
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by DozieInc(m): 12:31am On Aug 01, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by wowmenow: 12:31am On Aug 01, 2016
Dogara is a Fulani nothing will happen to him

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Flyingngel(m): 1:00am On Aug 01, 2016
Mr Jubrin refuses to go down alone. Ok, time is d only thing that will tell. We r waiting.
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 01, 2016
God is on the side of the Nigerian masses. May God discomfit the camps of our looting Legislooters and other polithiefcians so that they can expose themselves like this one

PMB is really a blessing to this country, I'm sure if it was our HERO, he would have signed that padded budget without batting an eyelid

11 Likes

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by opribo(m): 5:52am On Aug 01, 2016
I suggest death sentence should be the penalty for corruption and looting of our national treasury.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by kossyablaze(m): 6:01am On Aug 01, 2016
Hmmmm issorit
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 01, 2016
[b]Which padded budget money.... the budget that has come into effect or monies that has been released or the one that has not.

Sometimes i just wonder how we reason sometimes, i dont support dogara or corruption, but lets be intelligent when writing.

Sometimes i wonder if we have hierachy like..

Adults,youths,adolecents,babies then nairalander and then nairalander political analyst and lastly nairalander tribalistic analyst..

Sorry to drift...
imagine a right thinking human being would open a tread titled "why yorubas hate igbos or igbos hate hausas or hausa are slaves to yoruba and vice - versa and be happy to himself"...of what use is that kind of tread?

Some Nairalanders are a new definition of hate and no different from hater among Nigerians.

I joined nairaland and felt lots of hate looming everywhere. And was wondering what these human looked like in actual life.

We see turkey fighting their military for a desired coup together, do you think they dont have differences among them, but the greater TURKEY supercedes all other [/b]

18 Likes

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by zeberebe: 6:54am On Aug 01, 2016
ojietu:
really?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 01, 2016
Cutehector:
If i'm the speaker of the house of reps, I will just rent self con and stay..

Easy to say.
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by omolola15(m): 8:36am On Aug 01, 2016
If I'm in a position to make the laws in this country. Corruption would carry a capital punishment. Death by firing squad lobatan!!!

All these politicians will just be playing with our money because they know nothing will happen. Too much unfinished corruption cases against past governors and lawmakers.
happney65 you better join politics so you can also start stealing money. Since that's the order of the say. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by realestniggah: 8:36am On Aug 01, 2016
angry

a man is allowed to own a house .. politician or not.
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Drsheddy(m): 8:37am On Aug 01, 2016
H
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by jerryunit48: 8:37am On Aug 01, 2016
Ok o but second picture looks almost like an estate at first glance
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by ProudEkitiMan(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2016
I am beginning to love this Buhari administration because nothing seems to be hidden these days either in both ruling and opposition parties.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Cutehector(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2016
mayoralhaji:

Easy to say.
so why then are people condemning his house?
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by sCun: 8:39am On Aug 01, 2016
Is it not his mates that own world class hotels in the same Abuja?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by Cornerstone001: 8:39am On Aug 01, 2016
They don eat our yam finish shocked cry
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by NigerDeltan(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2016
R
Re: Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times by toluxa1(m): 8:41am On Aug 01, 2016
I see this as just mere desperation by some people to tarnish the speaker's name. What is in that house? Even a hard working director in the civil service can have this kind of house both in Abuja and another in his village. The house is not too exquisite to be owned by the number 5 citizen of Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

₦‎1k Challenge: Labour Party Seeks Monetary Donation From The Public (Photos) / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS / Tinubu To Obasanjo, IBB: Join Retirees’ Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.