Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. (4323 Views)

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) / Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by schumastic(m): 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
just mind your business and leave the family alone...if you are going to advice her, then give her business advice or other ways she can invest her money.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by rallymento(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
Why on earth will she marry such an Idiot man in the first place...

That Man may end up leaving her and the child in future..

Since the man has squandered the poor ladies fixed deposit money to 290k, I wonder what they may do...

Please my dear pray for them, Tell your mum and the whole family what you've observed so that they will call the man to order..
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
eyinjuege:

Its not a new trend. Its been going on for ages, but most women don't talk or let outsiders know they are the financial pillars of their homes.
That's why I find it funny when unmarried men on NL start saying things otherwise.
Very few men can comfortably meet the needs of their families single handedly.

I am quite aware that since time immemorial, some hardworking women world all over has being the financial pillars in their homes, albeit silently. In this case, the men became incapable of providing for their respective homes due to factors beyond their controls.

However, what I termed new trend is a situation whereby an able man would intentionally out of selfishness and predation subject his woman to responsibility slavery. This even happens in a situation where the woman ordinarily is not selfish and can give conscientiously without grumbling.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by 735i(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2016
Acidosis:

That's true sha.. I didn't take into consideration the date she fixed the funds.

Meanwhile, someone got 18.5% yesterday for 365 days.

How? There was no auction yesterday...
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Acidosis(m): 7:59am On Aug 03, 2016
735i:

How? There was no auction yesterday...
SCBank offered him that rate.
Individuals can choose to go with their bank's rates
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by cococandy(f): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2016
Only on NL

We know the reality is different
delishpot:
And here I was thinking that naija women do not contribute to family finances, judging by the way most naija men behave towards their wives.

Just call family meeting for that your sister. Let the elders Wade into the matter

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by cococandy(f): 8:14am On Aug 03, 2016
eyinjuege:

Its not a new trend. Its been going on for ages, but most women don't talk or let outsiders know they are the financial pillars of their homes.
That's why I find it funny when unmarried men on NL start saying things otherwise.
Very few men can comfortably meet the needs of their families single handedly.
Saved me the stress of typing that.

Lol the funny ones are those that can't even afford recharge card but won't let us hear word about how their wives will be housewives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 03, 2016
My suggestion is to allow her face her marriage. Its really nobody's business if she is the one bringing home the bacon in her nuclear family. I am not supporting her hubby. Not at all cos I believe he should not allow her finance all major projects alone. But some families are destined to be financially headed by the woman. Its now so common esp if she earns/has more money. On the other hand, if the husband is just using her for money, the money will soon finish and everybody will rest. He will be forced to become more responsible. And hopefully, they will not break up later.
Summary is, leave her to make her choices & also face the rewards or consequences...
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 03, 2016
cococandy:

Saved me the stress of typing that.

Lol the funny ones are those that can't even afford recharge card but won't let us hear word about how their wives will be housewives.

To me, the most appalling thing is, when I see some of you from wretched and troubled homes assumed that every other Nigerian family man do subject his wife to responsibility slavery. Or, that every other family do consider a female child as an inferior to her male siblings.

The fact that some of you have irresponsible, wretched, self centered, predacious and domineering men as fathers/husbands/brothers doesn't mean that it's a norm. Most of us are both altruistic and egalitarian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by veave(f): 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hmmmn.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by cococandy(f): 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
One spotted.

Go and eat first. Ode
Empero1:

To me, the most appalling thing is, when I see some of you from wretched and troubled homes assumed that every other Nigerian family man do subject his wife to responsibility slavery. Or, that every other family do consider a female child as an inferior to her male siblings.

The fact that some of you have irresponsible, wretched, self centered, predacious and domineering men as fathers/husbands/brothers doesn't mean that it's a norm. Most of us are both altruistic and egalitarian.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Needs Your Advice / Avoid These Scammers!!! / Is Bad Breath Ruining Your Sex Life / Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.