Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. (4310 Views)

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) / Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by DrIkB: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Fast forward to march last year, my sister's Hubby came with a friend to our house that he want to marry ny sister,.iwas the one who directed them down. 3weeks later they came for Introduction. in may his mum had stroke and died in june.so wedding was.postponed, she was buried in August 2015 in Anambra State. in October he came with sister for them to start preparations for the wedding.that was the same period I had my admission . in November I noticed she was already 2months pregnant and I asked her in the present of my mum if is hubby tjen kows anout are money in are fix deposit account of 2million Naira. she said I told her right there to be careful they did the wedding and she 70% of the total money , not from her fix deposit tho.fast forward to this year 2016 in February she said she wants to buy a land and she will use her and hubby's name for it. I warned her that in Asaba there are a lot of fraudsters in terms of land sales, that she shoul wait or better still buy in ughelli were we are family leaves a. she eventually negotiated a land bit later found out it's a fraudulent one and did not buy it. Later she called me as I sometimes on weekends stay with them since school is in tge same town (Delsu Asaba campus)that her hubby had seen another tgat they have gone to inspect the place, an half plot of land which cost 750K we withdraw 800k and paid it to the surveyor account unknown to them who is the said owner of the.land but I already suspected foul play.shey paid him some other money to him for gouse plan approval but never got it. she went to Land and survey ministry her self so they register it, only to find out that its a govt land. They called him immediately and he was giving filty excuses. that same week my sister hubby came and said the shop he is working(one of the known pharmacy in asaba) that the owner wants to sell it to him as we want to open another branch uptown. Been that hubby has no money and him and his oga are from same village in Anambra state (Ihiala) and we she is Delta igbo(ukwuani) He said the oga says he will sell the shop for 1million naira but he can pay 700k first and spred the remaining 3 00k for the next 3months as He the oga will handover the shop to him by the end of this month August.but sequel to that,the oga will collect some drugs and the shop rent is ending this month end. Also my sister Hubby has not presented any written agreement,anh my sister has already paid the 700k and when I suggest my sister ask her husband to tell the Oga for agreement sighing and others, she responded shabby that the oga is saying this and that. Currently her fix deposit acc of 2.1million is now 290k. He has no money in his account.and is other acc am not sure if my sister is aware of the balance. Yesterday their son who was born on may this year was dedicated yesterday and she was the one who spent money for the occasion and has been the one bought the things for the baby before he was born rill now. She is is currently on maternal leave tho she works in a Petrol station andshe is planning they relocate from their self contain to a flat when she resumes work of which she will sponsor. I am planning on sitting her down to let her be wise not that I want to cause enmity between she and her husband. although I told my elder brother yday when he came for the dedication but he says he will mot talk toher about it since she does not like taking advice from people,. please nairalanders pls how do I go about in sitting her down to talk to her. am way far her younger brother as am the second to last from my mum am currently living witput her in prayers as that surpasses all. Pls your suggestions are needed. them as we vacated last week from school will be going back to my family house this week tho. Note: I always p

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by DrIkB: 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
don't mind my typo,my phone screen us bad can't clearly see what am typing.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by delishpot: 12:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
And here I was thinking that naija women do not contribute to family finances, judging by the way most naija men behave towards their wives.

Just call family meeting for that your sister. Let the elders Wade into the matter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by DrIkB: 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
don't mind my typo,my phone screen us bad can't clearly see what am typing. They presently have gone to arrests the surveyor. Also theybonly courted for 4months before he came to ask her hand in marriage.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Acidosis(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2016
When her account hit N0.00, she will realize her mistakes (if any).

By the way, I think you all need financial advice. Fixed deposit in this current dispensation is not ideal. N2m on F.G T.Bills would have yielded about N360,000 INSTANT interest over a period of 1 year.

You all messed up sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Ginaz(f): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
She has to be careful, I witness a crisis in a lovely family of a friend of mine. She was the one taking care of everything including paying the children's school fees. She got pregnant and had a hard time giving birth unknown to her that her husband was a serial cheater. She got a text from one of the husband's girlfriend and got a shock after delivery the baby and died.

The Bible said a man should take care of his family, this days it's the other way round. May Jehovah give your family the wisdom to handle this issue. It may look to your sister's husband that you and your family are accusing him falsely. And if care and maturity is not taken, it will divide the marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Behira(f): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
Wait am coming
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by oglalasioux(m): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
DrIkB:

Next time borrow a phone. Your story is serious but your typos will put anyone off from reading it.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by thorpido(m): 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
It seems your sister was desperate for marriage.You can call a family meeting like someone suggested above but it may not achieve anything unless your sister decides to wake up.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
The new trend of my fellow country men shifting their financial responsibilities as family heads, towards their spouses is rather demeaning in particular and disgraceful in general.

However OP, before you offer your sister any form of advice that may cause her to become self centered towards her hubby and family in general, firstly, try to find out from her whether her hubby is an altruistic man, since sometime financial hardship can make a good man to start acting up like a predacious opportunist and selfish person. If he's an altruistic and responsible man, then allow your sister to continue with her selfless services towards her family, but if otherwise you alone knows what to do.

In the other hand, as much as I acknowledge your good intentions toward your sister, but believe you me when I say you seems like a self-conceited person (all the self-conceited people I know are always domineering and prejudicial). Don't try to force your opinion on your sister/anyone, instead whenever you have a valid thought, offer your advice to the concerned person by tabling your reasons, but always allow the person to make the final decision - as far as I am concerned any sane and sound person that lives on other people's opinion is as good as dead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by TheArchangel(f): 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
Scam your sister of the remaining 290k then watch her self-implode. It will trigger off some blocked senses.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by DrIkB: 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
Acidosis:

By the way, I think you all need financial advice. Fixed deposit in this current dispensation is not ideal. N2m on F.G T.Bills would have yielded about N360,000 INSTANT interest over a period of 1 year.

You all messed up sir.
I advised her yo do that early this year when I knew about it. but it all fell on deaf ears
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by DrIkB: 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Empero1:
The new trend of my fellow country men shifting their financial responsibilities as family heads, towards their spouses is rather demeaning in particular and disgraceful in general.

However OP, before you offer your sister any form of advice that may cause her to become self centered towards her hubby and family in general, firstly, try to find out from her whether her hubby is an altruistic man, since sometime financial hardship can make a good man to start acting up like a predacious opportunist and selfish person. If he's an altruistic and responsible man, then allow your sister to continue with her selfless services towards her family, but if otherwise you alone knows what to do.

In the other hand, as much as I acknowledge your good intentions toward your sister, but believe you me when I say you seems like a self-conceited person (all the self-conceited people I know are always domineering and prejudicial). Don't try to force your opinion on your sister/anyone, instead whenever you have a valid thought, offer your advice to the concerned person by tabling your reasons, but always allow the person to make the final decision - as far as I am concerned any sane and sound person that lives on other people's opinion is as good as dead.

Thanks will ask her.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by byvan03: 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
A colleague of mine ended up in a big mess after she foolishly borrowed money from several colleagues, relatives and friends. Of course she came to me and I told her I don't have to lend anyone. She wanted to borrow from a microfinance which I discouraged her about. Now a marriage of less than 2yrs have ended and she is neck deep in debt. Welfare is tired of the man, so she is virtually helpless. Your sister will learn in due time,be tactful with your advise as it is marriage matter.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Fingerprinter(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
Tell your sister to watch my video and she'll be fine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3YmJYB35I4
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by okirewaju(f): 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
She needs to be careful

Can you get your mum to speak with her?
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Fingerprinter(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
How old is your sister?
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Sijo01(f): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
Do people draw cash from fixed deposit like a savings account

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by DrIkB: 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
okirewaju:
She needs to be careful
Can you get your mum to speak with her?
I will Do that when we travel home tomorrow to see them.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by DrIkB: 10:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
Fingerprinter:
How old is your sister?
Just climbed 30 some weeks ago. she is the eldest child. she as been really supportive to the family until now.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by izzou(m): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheArchangel:
Scam your sister of the remaining 290k then watch her self-implode. It will trigger off some blocked senses.

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Nyceguy92: 2:34am On Aug 02, 2016
Paragraphs would have helped to prevent the strain of reading your story.

This isn't a case for the elders as suggested here.
All you need do is tell your elder sister and your mom your fears and suspicions and then rest your case.

For a man that shamelessly depends so much on his wife, he must be dubious. And it appears your sister is immature or under some spell.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by misspicy(f): 5:06am On Aug 02, 2016
Societal pressure has made most women the bread winner in the family.

like someone said,scam her of the remaining money and help her save it,when she realizes what's going on,she will run to you,because tbt,every advice you give now,will fall on deaf ears angry
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Winneygirl(f): 6:06am On Aug 02, 2016
Acidosis:

You all messed up sir.

At what rate?
Remember that both Fixed deposit and Tbills rates have been down for very long.
The rates at last auction are the highest they've been in 10 months.
If she had invested 2m in Tbills at the last auction, she might've invested at 16% for 365 days and gotten about N290,000.
But anything since October last year, she would not have invested at a rate above 6%.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by gulfer: 6:17am On Aug 02, 2016
DrIkB:
Kindly insert paragraphs in this your post abeg angry angry angry angry
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Acidosis(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2016
Winneygirl:

At what rate?
Remember that both Fixed deposit and Tbills rates have been down for very long.
The rates at last auction are the highest they've been in 10 months.
If she had invested 2m in Tbills at the last auction, she might've invested at 16% for 365 days and gotten about N290,000.
But anything since October last year, she would not have invested at a rate above 6%.

That's true sha.. I didn't take into consideration the date she fixed the funds.

Meanwhile, someone got 18.5% yesterday for 365 days.
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by eyinjuege: 7:39am On Aug 02, 2016
Well, what your sister is doing is not new, a lot of women in Naija are the bread winners in their families.
Sad some people are leeches though. However, it may just be a phase where the man is still trying to find his feet, in which case they had no business getting married. Your sister couldn't wait I guess
There's no point calling a family meeting. S'ebi the money has finished? Its a little too late.
Her eyes will open when she sees she has to buy diapers and baby food regularly and realises her husband has been unsupportive.
You can only advice her to start saving again, and it should be done secretly as some people mustn't know their spouses have any money saved. If they don't finish spending the money, their body no dey rest.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by eyinjuege: 7:49am On Aug 02, 2016
Empero1:

Its not a new trend. Its been going on for ages, but most women don't talk or let outsiders know they are the financial pillars of their homes.
That's why I find it funny when unmarried men on NL start saying things otherwise.
Very few men can comfortably meet the needs of their families single handedly.

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by toyeem(f): 7:59am On Aug 02, 2016
Acidosis:

That's true sha.. I didn't take into consideration the date she fixed the funds.

Pls tell me more about it. How is it done, advantages over F.D and risks involved. Thanks
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Acidosis(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2016
toyeem:

Pls tell me more about it. How is it done, advantages over F.D and risks involved. Thanks

You can follow and read from other Nairalanders here:

www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/182

Learn the calculation here:

https://todaysnaira./2012/09/21/investing-in-treasury-bills/
Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by Winneygirl(f): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2016
Acidosis:

18.5% is great.
Let's see what the primary market rates will be tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think My Elder Sister's Hubby Is Duping Her. by schumastic(m): 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
booked

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Child With Blue Eyes Abandoned By Parents On Suspicion Of Witchcraft / Matured Guys From 35 And Above Needed For Advice / 7 Look-alike Sisters In A Family Photo In Rwanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.