Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,485 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Help - My Tenant Refused To Pay For Six Months Now - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help - My Tenant Refused To Pay For Six Months Now (395 Views)

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired / Understanding Your Rights And Obligations As A Tenant / Bitter Experience Of A Landlord Whose Tenants Refused To Pay 3 Yrs Rent Or Quit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help - My Tenant Refused To Pay For Six Months Now by FabioRomani: 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
Dear House,
i need ur urgent advice and help on this matter. I have a house which i purchased on mortgage, and so I am still paying for it in installments. My initial plan was to support the repayment for the property with the rent the house is generating.

The issue is that my tenant has strongly refused to pay his rent. He did the same thing last year, and after a heavy fight, he paid half of the rent. i told my lawyer and my lawyer advised that I should quit him from the property. Subsequently, my lawyer gave him six months quit notice. the quit ran concurrently with the six months rent he paid.

At the expiration of the notice in February, he started begging for extra three months. I agreed and told the lawyer to allow him stay for the three months to enable get another place. When the three months expired, he still refused to pay and he refused to move out.

He has been dodging from me and doesnt take my calls anymore, and its exactly six months now since his rent expired. My lawyer says it will take about another six months before he can get a court order to eject him from the property. I dont want him to stay in my property anymore and i cant bear to see him stay there for the next six months (since the court order will be ready in six months). I cant be sweating and paying for the mortgage, meanwhile the tenant refused to pay his rent, so I am contemplating forcing him out with thugs, or with the police, or better still removing the roof and windows from the house.

Please house, I need advice and help on this.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Help - My Tenant Refused To Pay For Six Months Now by Hawx(m): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
..... but wisdom is profitable to direct - Ecclesiastes 10:10b Please apply wisdom and use the right words.

(1) (Reply)

.... / This Is A Wonderful Thing.vice President Osinbajo And Dangote Was Seen At T / Property For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.