Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,137 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly (4461 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Buhari And His Entourage After Addressing The UN General Assembly (Photos) / President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Gbawe: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2009
semidaraeb:

Okay Yar'dua is not attending,wat of d vice president, or is dat not allowed?wat pressing issues is he attending to at home?

Indeed. The argument that Yar Adua is staying put to tend to 'important issues' is a non-starter because we saw this same President travel out when Nigerians were actually losing their lives during the Boko Haram drama.

MrPrsdent:

[b]there might be a good reason why he is not attending.[/b]We should not criticize just for the sake of criticism alone.

More of us would reason like that in giving our President the benefit of the doubt if he is actually an adequate perfomer and not the impotent , clueless, vindictive and corruption-abetting leader who is fuc.king-up , to Nigeria's detriment , at every available chance.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by AjaraEwuro: 8:10am On Sep 21, 2009
and these maggots, toads, fools, idiots, dullards and nin compoops are supposed to be the leaders of Nigeria tomorrow? Leaving Nigeria in the hands of these so called leaders of tommorrow will in evitably mean the destruction of Nigeria- imagine if one of the people making comments on this thread becomes the president, governor, or minister anytime in Nigeria- hey, they will run at every call from their colonial masters to attend any meeting outside the country. When it was Obasanjo's time, these idiots accused him, calling him a globe trotting President, calling him names, accusing him of neglecting what he has to do at ahome and focussing on international politics- these same nin compoops are now screaming from their stinking butt holes because the President will not be attenind the UN General Assembly on Climate.

Honestly, Nigeria has no future, not because of the present leadership, but because of the present leaders of tommorrow who are dullards, fools, idiots, lame ducks, maggots and perenial bed wetters.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by donsteady(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2009
Yara’dull want to grove salah, that is one of the reasons, I don’t thing some body like yaradull will pass primary election here in Ghana to context for assembly man, which is like local government in Nigeria. The guy is too dull, we need people like Wole Sonyinka, Rabidu, Late Gani as our president not these death among livings
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by azeezbaba(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2009
The guy is in Saudi Arabia now probably in an Operating Room. I feel sorry for the guy. How can he attend UN Assembly meeting when his health is deteriorating fast. Una wan make he die
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Gbawe: 8:40am On Sep 21, 2009
A-town:

So far, you are the only one that has pointed out the exact reason. Yaradua probably cancelled due to his health.

It appears you are correct. This is just so unjust and unfair .OBJ really did Nigeria a great disservice by forcing Yar Adua on an already distressed nation.

http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3747:ailing-yaradua-to-shuffle-cabinet-then-return-to-saudi-arabia-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

Ailing Yar’adua to shuffle cabinet, then return to Saudi Arabia
Written by Saharareporters, New York
Sunday, 20 September 2009 14:10

A source within Umaru Yar'Adua's inner circle has revealed that poor health is responsible for Yar’Adua’s decision not to attend the United Nations General Assembly this week. Saharareporters can report authoritatively that the sickly Nigerian ruler is again in dire health and is finalizing an emergency trip to Saudi Arabia, sometime this week, for more treatment.

Saharareporters was first to break the news that Yar’Adua would not be able to attend the General Assembly that will host world leaders over the next two weeks. The annual summit will consider such important issues as climate change, the Millennium Development Goals, and the global economic recession.

Before departing for his latest medical trip, which will be announced as an official visit to Saudi Arabia, Yar’Adua is expected to make a few cabinet changes. Our source said as many as eight ministers, among them Minister of Petroleum Resources, Rilwan Lukman and the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Adamu Aliero, may be removed. Our source also said Yar’Adua was mulling the removal of controversial Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa as well as the Secretary to the Federal Government, Yayale Ahmed and possibly six other ministers.

Last month, Yar’Adua spent time in a Saudi hospital for treatment of his lingering health woes tied to Churg Strauss syndrome. During that visit, he made several stage-managed many public appearances, including meeting with the director of a Saudi Islamic bank and a short appearance at a Mecca mosque, to deflect attention from the gravity of his failing health. Both events were repeatedly beamed to Nigerians through the state-controlled Nigerian Television Authority (NTA). In the reports, NTA claimed that Yar’Adua’s trip to Saudi Arabia was for Umra (lesser Hajj) and a “routine medical check up,” but our sources in Saudi Arabia insisted that the entire trip was medical in nature.

Yar’Adua, whose aides have perfected the use of a section of the Nigerian media to deceive the public, also “staged” a dramatic arrival into the country. Although not a single reporter was allowed into the airport to witness his arrival, the State House photographer circulated photos of his wife allegedly waving to “a crowd” with a clearly gaunt and feeble Yar’Adua in tow. Media reports curiously claimed that Yar’Adua arrived beaming with smiles and looking “refreshed”.

Yar’Adua’s handlers plan to disguise this week's Saudi trip – as world leaders leave for New York (and some prepare for the G20 meeting in Pittsburgh in the United States – as “official” trip. Authoritative sources disclosed that Yar’Adua has asked the governors of Bauchi as well as his home state of Katsina to be part of his “delegation.” Bauchi state governor, Isa Yuguda, is married to Yar'Adua's daughter.

As at the time of this report, Presidency sources in Abuja were struggling to draft a statement to explain the curious sudden trip. “Part of the problem is how to justify a second ‘official’ trip to Saudi Arabia within a month of the previous one,” said one of our sources. He added that another wrinkle about characterizing Yar’Adua’s forthcoming Saudi visit, as an official trip is that the Saudi monarch is billed to be away at the G20 summit in the United States.

Our source said Yar’Adua’s aides were considering a statement to the effect that Yar'adua intends to be in New York for the UN summit towards the end of the week.

Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by AjaraEwuro: 8:46am On Sep 21, 2009
You need to have your head examined if you believe everything you read on saharareporters.com - a bunch of low lifes parading as truth mongers.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by MUZBO(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

So whats the big deal about him turning down an invitation from the UN and from Obama? How many other head of states will send representatives?

Honestly? Poster- what is your point? If he goes there, the lots of you will say he is wasting time and energy he should be home resolving ASUU problems. What are you about?
I agree! I was gon say he must be crazy but really kini big deal? I'm sure Obj attended some during his time and what did we get in return? - A third term agenda. If Yar'adua attends he may come back with an 8-point agenda. I just hope he'll put to good use the time he has created now!
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Gbawe: 9:20am On Sep 21, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

You need to have your head examined if you believe everything you read on saharareporters.com - a bunch of low lifes parading as truth mongers.

Has many of their 'breaking news' not proven to be true? Your attack against Saharareporters is amusing , to say the least, considering that virtually all other news agencies in Nigeria prefer to collude with th FG to fool Nigerians rather than tell them the truth. Minus Saharareporters and its like, many Nigerians would be almost totally ignorant of the deleterious actions of our illegitimate leaders. If a revolution happens in the future Saharareporters , and others like it , can feel proud in how they galvanised Nigerians by keeping news of our misrule at the 'front burner' while other news sources unpatriotically preferred  Akunyili-type Voltronic reportage.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by jimmysho(m): 9:26am On Sep 21, 2009
it quite disheartening  when some of us see something new or unbelievable in the decision of Mal. Yaradua to turn down the invitation that he has been questing for all his life. Do u remember how he shed crocodile tears when Nigeria was not invited for the G20 summit. There is nothing but his failing health the reason behind the declining attendance of his excellency
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2009
Gbawe:

It appears you are correct. This is just so unjust and unfair .OBJ really did Nigeria a great disservice by forcing Yar Adua on an already distressed nation.

http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3747:ailing-yaradua-to-shuffle-cabinet-then-return-to-saudi-arabia-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

I see a trend here. He did the exact same thing last yr. Went to saudi for health reasons, came back and reshuffled his cabinet. He obviously does not know what he is doing. I bet you he will travel to saudi after the fast next yr, come back home and then reshuffle his cabinet again. i.e if he is still alive.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by jimmysho(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2009
A-town:

I see a trend here. He did the exact same thing last yr. Went to saudi for health reasons, came back and reshuffled his cabinet. He obviously does not know what he is doing. I bet you he will travel to saudi after the fast next yr, come back home and then reshuffle his cabinet again. i.e if he is still alive.

why does he ve to enter the holy land before taking major decision such reshulfflement? does he has such allegiance to the arab throne than to our motherland naija? am not shocked because it is expected from those that do not ve clue of leadership
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by mystikal(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2009
in a twisted way, I find myself missing Obasanjo.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2009
jimmysho:

why does he ve to enter the holy land before taking major decision such reshulfflement? does he has such allegiance to the arab throne than to our motherland naija? am not shocked because it is expected from those that do not ve clue of leadership
omo na Jamb question be that oo. You would have to ask him yourself. I only sleep in ASO ROCK, i do not live there!!! cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by jimmysho(m): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2009
A-town:

omo na Jamb question be that oo. You would have to ask him yourself. I only sleep in ASO ROCK, i do not live there!!! cheesy

it is usual of the north, may be 4 spiritual ground sha? the kano govt believe arab nations more than what fashola a lagos perform- muslim governor is doing
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by iniguy(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2009
Another important official engagement missed due to declining health, may God help Prsdnt Yaradua, so off we go to Saudi Arabia but wait, won't the Saudi monarch be attending the Un meeting? . . . .but must we continue like this? must we wait until mr president drops dead before we know that all is not well with him? For crying out loud Nigeria is over 140 million in population! we've got qualified, healthier & more capable hands capable of performing the duties of mr President, sadly the Nigerian system won't allow these ones stand out, continued absence from foreign engagements like the Un general meeting only means loss of prestige and bargaining power in the comity of nations.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by jimmysho(m): 10:05am On Sep 21, 2009
his health is of major priority compare to any pressing issue in the country. we should just brace up for next election
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by ridgeman: 10:31am On Sep 21, 2009
Ya'll should pray that he doesn't drop dead!

Look at African history when leaders in power die suddenly- Utter and complete chaos with total genocide and years of civil war

So as much as you dislike him or like him make sure you say a little prayer that if God calls him the country doesn't implode!
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by jimmysho(m): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2009
ridgeman:

Look at African history when leaders in power die suddenly- Utter and complete chaos with total genocide and years of civil war

So as much as you dislike him or like him make sure you say a little prayer that if God calls him the country doesn't implode!

he dieing is not a problem because we ve a constitution place or else naija might break
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by StEdwin(m): 10:36am On Sep 21, 2009
It will make no diference even if he goes, his presence is -1 and his absence is still -1, so its of no use if he goes there.
Who knows, he might even fall ill there and will end up wasting more money on his ill health. Its better if he watches the whole programme on television in Aso rock.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by nex(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2009
If it was the USA President that rejected this invitation, you all will praise the move. Nigerians are a trouble to themselves.

They want our President to go negotiate how to send Nigerian soldiers to die for a war that the USA helped fuel.

What really do they want us to do about global warming? To vote a percentage of our National Revenue to a farce?
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by gent2ken(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2009
A-town:

Bolding your entire post is not just annoying, it is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far, you are the only one that has pointed out the exact reason. Yaradua probably cancelled due to his health.

I went through your post and saw how worse they are because of your thinking moral is so low & local, pple like you used your left leg to think. Before you quote someone try to read the post well or get a life if you re so useless. Kim_13 made quote to the guy reply on this post with point and understanding,I'm sure you are using your right leg to see instead of eyes, Isn't Yaradua aware of his health before going as Nigerian President and wasting millions of Nigerians time for his good,or was he's sickness after Election Campaign?So what ASUU strike as to do with his failure in attending UN  Assemble meeting or must it be all about Nigerians here and there always. You are a fox in ass of chicken,talking like 2yrs old boy & pple like you are the rude stupid bastard on the highest order we have on NL. Think and read minute to pple post before you open your basket mouth to talk bullshit all in the sake of I want to do it so that they can read your post,talking wrongly to your elders on NL. Next time I will treat your post better so think before you lay your flinching fingers at the keyboard,watch your tongue boy and get a better life,
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Nezan(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2009
What will the ordinary Nigerian benefit from the visit? . . .  undecided . . . . ?
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by toideve(m): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2009
ridgeman:

Abacha dropped death and another dictator was sworn in. in fact, Nigerians rejoiced I didn't hear of any war or riot sef, what ever!
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by iyeyemi: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

and these maggots, toads, fools, idiots, dullards and nin compoops are supposed to be the leaders of Nigeria tomorrow? Leaving Nigeria in the hands of these so called leaders of tommorrow will in evitably mean the destruction of Nigeria- imagine if one of the people making comments on this thread becomes the president, governor, or minister anytime in Nigeria- hey, they will run at every call from their colonial masters to attend any meeting outside the country. When it was Obasanjo's time, these idiots accused him, calling him a globe trotting President, calling him names, accusing him of neglecting what he has to do at ahome and focussing on international politics- these same nin compoops are now screaming from their stinking butt holes because the President will not be attenind the UN General Assembly on Climate.

Honestly, Nigeria has no future, not because of the present leadership, but because of the present leaders of tommorrow who are dullards, fools, idiots, lame ducks, maggots and perenial bed wetters.

Nigeria ain't got a future as long as there are guys like you who can't seem to express an opinion without spitting so much venom! Sometimes it's not so hard to see why we are this knee-deep in trouble. Nigerians just can't seem to have a decent, intellectual argument without the usual name calling! Pathetic stuff!! Na Wa!!!!!
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by okaforndu: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2009
Not surprising though. Maybe he has nothing to say! Maybe he also feels that by not attending, He gets back at Obama for not coming to Nigeria, Simple minded indeed.

It is also important to note the outside world's perception of how we are handling internal affairs especially as regards to banking and corruption. Hope we dont finally bcome an embarrassment to our selves.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by drnonye(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2009
If Yaradua is really ill, then that’s a problem.

I wonder if his state of health is affecting his management of the country.

He didn’t just get ill.

This raises questions on the role of INEC in screening candidate esp. 4 such an import office.

If Yaradua has a terminal illness, the chairman of INEC at that time should be called and held accountable.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by kim15: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2009
A-town:

Bolding your entire post is not just annoying, it is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr ode, apart from being stupid u'r also senseless and foolish, What has bolding my entire post got to with dis issue ? If u dont know what to say, y not just keep ur idiotic mouth shut and just watch when pple with more matured minds are talking or is the bold on ur system missing ? If not, what d Bleep is ur problem whether i bold my entire post or not? mumu, monkey,

Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by stevemike1: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2009
Nairalanders please you people should not make mockery of the health of our president, rather we should be praying for God to heal him. is not his will to fall ill, is just something that he canot control and any of us or our beloved once can also be seriously ill.

Please be patient with him, and prayer for him rather than be criticizing him, the issue of attending the UN summit, let us forget it, he has a reason for not attending. period
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by OvieE: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2009
I have read many people post but few people stated his health is the problem; those people need to check themselves out as well. Yar'adua knew about his health before becoming a president. If he knew that his health will keep him from performing a task, all he needs to do was decline the presidency. For many here, I supported you believe it or not, the first time I saw this guy on CNN news, I knew Nigeria is doom. Yar'adua is incompetent, dull, lack Intellectual, his not well educated, lack ability to stand up as a leader to bring issue to the table, he cannot speak English, he is afraid of other elight leaders, he is not smart and I can see it his face, he afraid to challenge his peer to accomplish a thing, and many more and you can see it in his face.

If Yar'adua is in Saudi Arabia for medical care, then he schedule his appointment on purpose during the UN assembly meeting dates because he doesn't know what to say to other leaders.

For those that say Yar'adua has a more suppressing issue to tackle at home, you need to have your brain check maybe in Saudi Arabia hospital as well. Nigeria have been facing all kind of issue with out results. This Yar'adua has been in president for two years now and has been able to produce anything why suddenly he can tackle issue in one week and bring a significant results. President Obama is facing the most challenging issue in his career which the health care reform. Is Obama will make excuse not to attend because of the health care reform. Common people, we all can point at many excuses that will make Yar'adua to cancel his trip to UN but to me, the man has no clue and has nothing to say to his peers and he is afraid to stand in front and address other leaders. The man is a useless, brain-drain leader who has not clue of what it take to be a president.

Yar'adua quietness can lead to a bigger shock to Nigeria in the future. Who knows if he is silently looting Nigeria treasury but his health is covering it up. Yar'adua knows that his health will interfer with his work as a president but the man want something that is why he force himself on that position. He can easily say I do not want.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by chidichris(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2009
going to UN or not going has no relevance to our lives as nigerians.
it is to his interest that he does not go there to expose his urgly face which represents nigerian situations.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by sherrylo: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2009
Ha,ha A-town so you sleep in Aso rock? tongue tongue

Yes, now they can call Nigeria! when it comes to UN troops in sub-Saharan Africa they can call Nigeria,when it comes to Ecomog in west Africa they can call Nigeria na only Nigerian solders sabi die?or na we sabi fight pass?they call it peace keeping and yet we donate more lives than most countries in Africa but yet they see nothing good in Nigeria until peace keeping comes. So na we keep peace pass abi?

"Yaradua beautiful bride" beautiful ko beaufulltoo ni.If he's too busy to go what's the problem?
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by OvieE: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2009
sherry lo:

Ha,ha A-town so you sleep in Aso rock? tongue tongue

Yes, now they can call Nigeria! when it comes to UN troops in sub-Saharan Africa they can call Nigeria,when it comes to Ecomog in west Africa they can call Nigeria na only Nigerian solders sabi die?or na we sabi fight pass?they call it peace keeping and yet we donate more lives than most countries in Africa but yet they see nothing good in Nigeria until peace keeping comes. So na we keep peace pass abi?

"Yaradua beautiful bride" beautiful ko beaufulltoo ni.If he's too busy to go what's the problem?

Canceling the UN assembly meeting is not good for Nigeria. He can easily say no, Nigeria will not contribute more troops rather than making Nigeria look bad. The man is useless and he can't use his brain. Come think of it, what about India and Bangladesh that contribute more troops than Nigeria, will they cancel the UN meeting because they don't want to contribute troops anymore? What a pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking!! American Consultant Says Buhari's Result Is Fake!!! / Surrounded By Chad N Cameroon Forces, Bokoharam Negotiates Surrender Of 40,000 / Ndi Yoruba + Omo Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.