Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,378 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly (4463 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Buhari And His Entourage After Addressing The UN General Assembly (Photos) / President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2009
sherry lo:

Ha,ha A-town so you sleep in Aso rock? tongue tongue

Yes, now they can call Nigeria! when it comes to UN troops in sub-Saharan Africa they can call Nigeria,when it comes to Ecomog in west Africa they can call Nigeria na only Nigerian solders sabi die?or na we sabi fight pass?they call it peace keeping and yet we donate more lives than most countries in Africa but yet they see nothing good in Nigeria until peace keeping comes. So na we keep peace pass abi?

"Yaradua beautiful bride" beautiful ko beaufulltoo ni.If he's too busy to go what's the problem?

Yes i do.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by lawrence83: 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2009
Of what positve thing is his going there gonna to add to my life? hmmmm!

dumb ass!
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by guysmat(m): 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2009
You chaps should stop molesting your President.  undecided

The truth of the matter is that they (foreign powers) want to arm twist your President into sending Nigeria troops into Sudan and Somalia. Particularly into Somalia.

The world knows the capabilities of Nigerian troops when it comes to Peace Enforcement but will never publicly acknowledge that fact.

Yes, Nigerian troops are the one that do the "dirty job" while other nations come and take the glory.

A case in point is the struggle for peace in Sierra Leone and Liberia.

Anyone coming into these countries for the first time could be forgiven for assuming that it was the USA, UK or UN that brought peace to their door step.

Nigeria lost a lot of souls fighting rebel factions in those nations and just before the "dust" could settle, "other nations" rushed in to declare victory for themselves.

Nigeria could only stand aside and watch the propaganda machines of the international community do their thing.

Now they're back and they want Nigerian troops to sacrifice themselves in the horn of Africa.

Somalia is an East / North African problem.

Let the North Africans take care of the problem; they understand the culture as well as the "mindset" of the people in that region.

A lot of Ugandan and Kenyan troops have already died in their their bid to provide peace in the region.

I don't see Obama sending in the marines anytime soon.

The strange thing is that the French govt has a military training base in the neighbouring Djibouti with at least 2000 troops.

Also in Djibouti are about 1,500 American personnel of the Combined Joint Task Force—Horn of Africa, stationed at the former French base Le Monier since 2003 http://www.cfr.org/publication/12578/ . Not to talk of their sea based assets in just round the Gulf of Aden.
What the hell are they there for if they can't quell the Somali issue? Ask AFRICOM   undecided

What is the gain in sacrificing Nigerian lives in Somali Land? What is the rational of flying Nigerians 3000 kms into the front lines when you have over 3000 US and French troops less than 400km from the forward edge of the battle area?  

Let Col Gadaffi, Mubarak and a host of other North African Leaders send their own troops.

All those countries have mass armies at their disposal but are unwilling to send any soldier for peace keeping operations in the region.

They'd rather call on the UN to arm twist Nigeria into send her troops. When it's all over, they'll come again to take the glory.

A case of monkey dey work, baboon wan chop.

Leave Yar'Adua alone pls.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by elbanks1: 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2009
Yaradull
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by TmeD0(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2009
guysmat:

You chaps should stop molesting your President.  undecided

The truth of the matter is that they (foreign powers) want to arm twist your President into sending Nigeria troops into Sudan and Somalia. Particularly into Somalia.

The world knows the capabilities of Nigerian troops when it comes to Peace Enforcement but will never publicly acknowledge that fact.

Yes, Nigerian troops are the one that do the "dirty job" while other nations come and take the glory.

A case in point is the struggle for peace in Sierra Leone and Liberia.

Anyone coming into these countries for the first time could be forgiven for assuming that it was the USA, UK or UN that brought peace to their door step.

Nigeria lost a lot of souls fighting rebel factions in those nations and just before the "dust" could settle, "other nations" rushed in to declare victory for themselves.

Nigeria could only stand aside and watch the propaganda machines of the international community do their thing.

Now they're back and they want Nigerian troops to sacrifice themselves in the horn of Africa.

Somalia is an East / North African problem.

Let the North Africans take care of the problem; they understand the culture as well as the "mindset" of the people in that region.  <-- Abi o!

A lot of Ugandan and Kenyan troops have already died in their their bid to provide peace in the region.

I don't see Obama sending in the marines anytime soon. <-- For where? Wetin yanky go benefit with desert lands ravaged with human bones and skulls?

The strange thing is that the French govt has a military training base in the neighbouring Djibouti with at least 2000 troops.

Also in Djibouti are about 1,500 American personnel of the Combined Joint Task Force—Horn of Africa, stationed at the former French base Le Monier since 2003 http://www.cfr.org/publication/12578/ . Not to talk of their sea based assets in just round the Gulf of Aden.
What the hell are they there for if they can't quell the Somali issue? Ask AFRICOM   undecided

What is the gain in sacrificing Nigerian lives in Somali Land? What is the rational of flying Nigerians 3000 kms into the front lines when you have over 3000 US and French troops less than 400km from the forward edge of the battle area?  

Let Col Gadaffi, Mubarak and a host of other North African Leaders send their own troops. 

All those countries have mass armies at their disposal but are unwilling to send any soldier for peace keeping operations in the region.

They'd rather call on the UN to arm twist Nigeria into send her troops. When it's all over, they'll come again to take the glory.

A case of monkey dey work, baboon wan chop.

Leave Yar'Adua alone pls.

Gbam! Thanks for hitting the nail on the head o jare.  

@ OP Having said that, what's the big deal gan papa about the UN general assembly?  Are we talking about the same corrupt UN (another debate for another time)?

Look, we all know the guy's health is failing at a fast rate and I do blame him for accepting the presidency in knowing fully well the state of his health, which would affect his performance on the job but no be Naija we dey talk about sef.  

Moreover, Maduekwe will be representing him at the event; so, wetin be all the noise about sef.

But the fact of the matter is that these world leaders are not there to really address the issues facing Africa (Naija in particular) cause they could give a rat's yansh what happens to our continent as long as we're killing one another.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the day Africa (especially Naija) becomes an independent, democratic republic is the day the West cease to become super powers?  

Furthermore, the strong hold of Illuminati (believe it or not, they're still very much in existence contrary what history might say) on some of our African leaders coupled with their greed for money and lust for power is part of the reason our continent will always be plagued with misfortunes.  Peace!
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2009
So?
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by mamagee6(f): 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2009
Somebody should please exterminate Yarasick from office asap. angry
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Eziachi: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2009
Please will people stop mentioning Obama or his invitation to Yar Adua because it's not the U.S president that invite people to the U.N headquater. If Yar Adua is going, he is considered a guest of the U.N sec Gen and not the U.S president. By International protocol and law, that portion of New York that houses the U.N is not considered a non U.S territory. That is why it's the UN own version police that look after there and not the N.Y.P.D.

I believe Yar Adua has a hospital appointment on the same day, so it's tricky to play with his hanging on health. I am sure he can send his wife.
And I am sure to that no one will notice he is not there and they won't miss him either.

But don't worry guys, Biafran govt in exile will be well represented there. So you haven't lost anything. grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by peaceland(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2009
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by IykeD1(m): 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2009

[b]So whats the big deal about him turning down an invitation from the UN and from Obama? [/b]How many other head of states will send representatives?

Honestly? Poster- what is your point? If he goes there, the lots of you will say he is wasting time and energy he should be home resolving ASUU problems. What are you about?

Here we go again, nothing is ever a big deal for some hardcore supporter of Yar Adua's government.
Turai attended the International Atomic Energy conference the other day and they think it was a big
deal. Yar Adua cancels a major engagement at the last minute (I am sure due to poor health as usual),
and they don't see nothing wrong. Of course that is not surprising, yet they wonder why no one outside
Nigeria takes them seriously.

I used to think Sahara Reporter was a piece of rag, but they have been n point lately with one expose
after another about Yar Adua's government. No one is at home, the country is on auto-pilot - sad!
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by oge4real(f): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2009
After all these nonsense this man is dishing out to us, some prophet has the gots to predict that Yaradie will win the 2011 elections! I hope God is not that furious with Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by EchuaA: 11:40pm On Sep 21, 2009
Don't speak of your president, weather you like it or not he is d no 1 citizen of this great country "Nigeria". Case closed.
He should act as such, wise, articulate, understanding, positive, strong and so on
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by AjaraEwuro: 12:07am On Sep 22, 2009
Iyke-D:

Here we go again, nothing is ever a big deal for some hardcore supporter of Yar Adua's government.
Turai attended the International Atomic Energy conference the other day and they think it was a big
deal. Yar Adua cancels a major engagement at the last minute (I am sure due to poor health as usual),
and they don't see nothing wrong. Of course that is not surprising, yet they wonder why no one outside
Nigeria takes them seriously.

I used to think Sahara Reporter was a piece of rag, but they have been n point lately with one expose
after another about Yar Adua's government. No one is at home, the country is on auto-pilot - sad!

There is usually another point of view- we dont need to sleep and face the same direction- your views may not necessarily be correct, so, stop forcing it down our throat.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by 3kay945(m): 1:42am On Sep 22, 2009
u all think u got a president?, keep dreamin, u only got a dic.k+head! grin
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by PurestBoy(m): 4:22am On Sep 22, 2009
Is Yaradua still alive??
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by pete(m): 4:47am On Sep 22, 2009
Its a shame, then once again, its ONLY in Nigeria. The things that happen are always a shocker. I'm thinking its part of our culture. I mean, why is it a big deal for the President to publicly say " I'm sick, can't fly right now". Check this out, an American pastor will climb the pulpit and say, " I was sick last night, pray for me" Nigerian pastors? no way, till they spill their last blood.

So, I'm thinking its cultural for our leaders to lie and feign some kind of superiority(even in the centre of resounding failures). I guess we forced them into it. The president would be respected if he admits the fact that, he missed the meeting because he was under the weather, that is, if this is the case. I wonder what other reason(s) he may have had.

Its very important, for international relations purposes. then again, remember all the junketing Obasanjo did in his first year in Office? did that got us anywhere?NO. However, this is still important. Kudos to the poster who opined that, as president, he can't be forced to send our troops. there is no arm twisting. We're a sovereign nation.(I'm guessing).
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by rygem: 5:40am On Sep 22, 2009
grin Isn't he smarter than Obama?
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by cgem: 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by cgem: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2009
This is his latest picture, showing you evidence of his failing health. He will be scheduled to go to Saudi Arabia during the period of the UN general assembly

Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by IykeD1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2009

There is usually another point of view- we dont need to sleep and face the same direction- your views
may not necessarily be correct, so, stop forcing it down our throat.

Of course, there is usually another point of view, the one that never sees no evil, hears no evil, and says no
evil! You are perfectly within your rights to maintain same.

What could be more important that commissioning or witnessing the commissioning of a University in a different
country when the universities in one's country have packed up for months. How ironical is that? Isn't that more
important than attending the UN General Summit where "world leaders" will be attending, after all no one said
we were leading in anything?

At the rate we are going, Yar Adua will be visiting Saudi Arabia next month for another lesser Hajj or may be to
commission some hospitals next. I mean why not convert the Nigerian embassy in Saudi Arabia to Aso Rock annex
and then reside there permanently - it seems that admitting to the nation the true nature of his ailment is a much
harder task to do.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by toritsheju: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2009
I really do think the president should be commended for his sincerity and honesty(albeit to himself),he realizes he has nothing to offer and so, instead of commiting a faux pas on the world stage, he decides to be a special guest at some Saudi Universirty commissioning,never mind the fact that Higher Institutions in the country he claims to rule are on the brink of annihilation and total collapse and what's more he gets to see his personal physicians at the same time.Helloooo undecided undecided there really isn't much left to say
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by 3kay945(m): 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2009
well said.!,
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by MustardInc: 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2009
BREAKING NEWS:

[size=16pt]Again, Yar’Adua goes to Saudi Arabia [/size]

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5461954-146/story.csp
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Kokopelli: 12:48am On Sep 23, 2009
Of course he has a very good reason, see below

Yar’Adua Off to Saudi Arabia
From George Oji in Abuja, 09.22.2009

President Umaru Musa Ya’Adua will travel to  Saudi Arabia today on a working visit. A statement from the presidential spokesman Segun Adeniyi explained that the Yar’Adua’s visit is at the invitation of King Abdullah Bin Abdul-Aziz Al-Saud of Saudi-Arabia.According to the statement, Yar’Adua is scheduled to hold talks with King Abdullah in the course of the visit and participate as a special guest of honour in the opening of the new King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.

It said the President will also meet with the leadership and members of the Nigerian community in Saudi Arabia before returning home on Saturday.This is Yar’Adua’s second visit to Saudi in less than two months. Last month, the president also visited Saudi where he underwent medical check-up and performed the lesser hajj.

The president was earlier scheduled to travel to New York this week to attend the United Nation’s General Assembly but with his trip to Saudi the Foreign Affairs Minister, Ojo Maduekwe,  will deliver the president’s address to the UN.

Source: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=155161
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Builder: 8:14am On Sep 23, 2009
Im not really concerned weather he goes to UN meeting or not, but im more puzzled that he went to Sauidi Arabia to open a university when schools in nigeria have been closed for God knows how long. Heaven know we trully need a revolution is that country
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 23, 2009
that man is sick,how do u expect him to go to new york, where able body leader will be discuseing how to solve there country problem.god help nigeria from this sick man.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by jaybee3(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2009
who cares?
on the positive side though it means a little change saved in the public's coffers
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by opuro(m): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
shebi na turai say make e no resign
make e send her to un meeting now!
abi, no be she represent him for iaea meetings
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2009
A lot of people on the thread are stupid, if they man no go UN meeting or not willing to meet Obama for some reason he is the president let me decide what he wants. Moreover when Obama went to Ghana nobody in the states question him for not going to Nigeria, I'm sure not all the president in the world will be present there at the summit. He might be yaradull or yarasick or whatever. He still have right to make decisions.
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by snapshot: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2009
cgem:

This is his latest picture, showing you evidence of his failing health. He will be scheduled to go to Saudi Arabia during the period of the UN general assembly
LORD HELP OUR PRESIDENT cry
Re: Yar'adua Will Not Attend Un General Assembly by MrCrackles(m): 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2009
I am not surprised. . .He will probably send Ibori up there. . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thanks To The Multitude Of Sincere Nigerians On NL / Why Saraki Didn't Defect To PDP Just Yet / Nigeria’s External Debt Declines By 2%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.