Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? (1322 Views)

Is Your Android Phone Better Than Mine / LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nduxx(m): 12:34am On Aug 02, 2016
There was an argument than windows phone is better than iPhone. Please help me here. Is it true?
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Goldenheart(m): 4:45am On Aug 02, 2016
No itsn't
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by remirez07(m): 5:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Nduxx:
There was an argument than windows phone is better than iPhone. Please help me here. Is it true?
hell no! No phone is badda than ifone
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Naijji: 7:41am On Aug 02, 2016
Your choice. Each has its advantages
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 02, 2016
There is no windows phone that has a better hardware than an iphone. The current flagship windows phone (the lumia 950XL) has a very inferior hardware compared to the Iphone 6s. And when it comes to software windows is way behind IOS.
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by hakinze00(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2016
Lol op u funi ooo,next time u should ask that is Windows Phone better than java grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Elxandre(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2016
greenhulk:
There is no windows phone that has a better hardware than an iphone. The current flagship windows phone (the lumia 950XL) has a very inferior hardware compared to the Iphone 6s. And when it comes to software windows is way behind IOS.
Check the Hp elite x3 Windows phone.

Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 02, 2016
Elxandre:

Check the Hp elite x3 Windows phone.

How can u show me a phone that hasn't been released? It's just like me asking u to check out the iPhone 7 plus. Abeegi.. Windows phone is still way behind android and ios especially in the software department. I still repeat there is no windows phone put there with a better hardware and software than iPhone 6s. Try again.
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nduxx(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2016
Ok. Thanksâ˜ș
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Elxandre(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2016
greenhulk:

How can u show me a phone that hasn't been released? It's just like me asking u to check out the iPhone 7 plus. Abeegi.. Windows phone is still way behind android and ios especially in the software department. I still repeat there is no windows phone put there with a better hardware and software than iPhone 6s. Try again.
the only thing ios has over wp 8.1 upwards is apps!
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
Elxandre:

the only thing ios has over wp 8.1 upwards is apps!

Lol. Not just apps bro, or why do u think developers prefer to make apps for iOS than windows phone? I've used both platforms, I used a flagship windows phone 8.1 and believe me the architecture of the OS looks incomplete. Both OS's are closed but developers prefer to make apps for iOS than windows. If windows is so good then developers would make more apps for it.

And it is not just the apps, the design l, ease of use, accesories play a lot. Windows is not even close to iOS
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Elxandre(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
greenhulk just wait till i charge my phone to reply you. lol
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
Elxandre:
greenhulk
just wait till i charge my phone to reply you.
lol
I dey wait
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Xhaka(m): 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
Window phones are shiiiit
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Elxandre(m): 11:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
greenhulk:

I dey wait
Yes, I don come! grin

WP is better than an unjailbroken iPhone by a mile!
The browser on WP can actually upload files, download any file type, works seamlessly in mass storage mode when connected with PC, and has a file manager.
That is how a phone should work 'out of the box'.

Don't forget the regular user eg a businessman, won't be jail breaking his phone.

The only reason WP is behind the competition is apps.
Developers these days don't make apps for fun, but they do so to earn from the most populated application stores, and the funny thing is people won't still buy a phone without apps.
It's a vicious cycle. New operating systems have almost no chance to grow. Just look at Tizen.

Even BB10, as excellent as it is, is as good as dead, just because devs neglected it.
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 03, 2016
Elxandre:

Yes, I don come! grin

WP is better than an unjailbroken iPhone by a mile!
The browser on WP can actually upload files, download any file type, works seamlessly in mass storage mode when connected with PC, and has a file manager.
That is how a phone should work 'out of the box'.

Don't forget the regular user eg a businessman, won't be jail breaking his phone.

The only reason WP is behind the competition is apps.
Developers these days don't make apps for fun, but they do so to earn from the most populated application stores, and the funny thing is people won't still buy a phone without apps.
It's a vicious cycle. New operating systems have almost no chance to grow. Just look at Tizen.

Even BB10, as excellent as it is, is as good as dead, just because devs neglected it.

U keep talking about apps. How about microsoft make good apps for their phones then developers can follow. Take a look at Google apps, they are sleek and well polished. Apple apps also are well polished and they just work. But look at Microsoft apps, they look unfinished and ugly with oversized icons. The only Microsoft apps that are good are the office apps.

From errors downloading updates from the windows store to legacy apps just disappearing from ur phones. I had a lumia 920 once and my contacts app just disappeared like that. Go to the windows store it will tell u the app is already downloaded but I couldn't find it in the app list. I checked online and found out lots of people had the same problem. When microsoft can't make their own apps work, how can they attract developers? Do u think owners of Facebook and Instagram cannot make good apps for Windows? Yes they can but the windows architecture is f!cked up that is why apps look ugly on them, the whole os needs a revamp. If iOS.. a closed and restricted OS can have developers making apps for it than a more open and older windows phone, then there's something microsoft is not doing right.

And who told u that u can't download and upload files on safari? It is obvious u don't use an ios device. I use both ios and android, though android is more functional, u can't take away the fact that ios is just sleek with better battery and ram management.
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Geniro: 9:21am On Aug 03, 2016
greenhulk:

U keep talking about apps. How about microsoft make good apps for their phones then developers can follow. Take a look at Google apps, they are sleek and well polished. Apple apps also are well polished and they just work. But look at Microsoft apps, they look unfinished and ugly with oversized icons. The only Microsoft apps that are good are the office apps.

From errors downloading updates from the windows store to legacy apps just disappearing from ur phones. I had a lumia 920 once and my contacts app just disappeared like that. Go to the windows store it will tell u the app is already downloaded but I couldn't find it in the app list. I checked online and found out lots of people had the same problem. When microsoft can't make their own apps work, how can they attract developers? Do u think owners of Facebook and Instagram cannot make good apps for Windows? Yes they can but the windows architecture is f!cked up that is why apps look ugly on them, the whole os needs a revamp. If iOS.. a closed and restricted OS can have developers making apps for it than a more open and older windows phone, then there's something microsoft is not doing right.

And who told u that u can't download and upload files on safari? It is obvious u don't use an ios device. I use both ios and android, though android is more functional, u can't take away the fact that ios is just sleek with better battery and ram management.

Market share determines where developers will flock to and not how polished the OS is. If your argument was correct the Mac OS will have more apps than windows since it is more polished.

It is obvious you haven't used the windows mobile 10, else your views won't be so biased based on the outdated win. 8.1 mobile platform.

The IOS is great and even made awesome with their vast apps ecosystem, but the windows phone hasn't fared too bad either. The unification of the Windows 10 ecosystem will even make the OS attractive to developers who can easily port their desktop apps to the mobile platform with so much ease.

Heck, MS who are the kings in software development even have ready tools to port android and IOS apps to windows mobile. That is a win win situation for the platform
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Elxandre(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Abeg, Since when did Safari start uploading documents (not pictures) 'out of the box'?

The architecture is fuvked and there are still brilliant apps made by even unknown developer's?
Okay, 6tag, a third party app for Instagram, or Tubecast a third party app for YouTube are quite incredibly quality apps, but Facebook inc which has more resources compared to a single developer like Rudy hyn couldn't make a decent Instagram app.
Tell me how that's the architecture's fault.

There are great video apps, but VLC never managed to make a quality app, so whose blame is that?

And WP is not as old as you think.
WP7 is different from WP8, and W10 is almost another rewrite aimed at unifying the experience of all the W10 powered devices. XBOX, PC, Phones, and all that.

This has probably contributed to their sluggish progress, as too many users get alienated too often, eg the move to W10 had too many W8.1 users stranded.

I know you evaded the Tizen and BB10 Saga, but continue grin
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Elxandre(m): 9:33am On Aug 03, 2016
Geniro let's face it, MS has fvcked up in their execution of grand plans.
Their greatest mistake is dropping behind of W8.1, when W10 apps isn't backwards compatible with it.

KitKat users can run almost any Android apps, while W8.1 can't run anymore new apps.
Pathetic.

Those Kitkat users etc is what gives Android it's seemingly monstrous market share right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by 2kurupt(m): 10:50am On Aug 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Dude, this argument ain't gonna stop anytime soon especially with Elxandre on the thread. The guy pops out whenever Windows os is mentioned (no offence).

@Elxandre I think you should be open minded in your usage of tech coz it's about the most dynamic sector. How about you play around the other mobile operating systems so as to get a better picture why people are jumping ship from Windows os or cause of its remarkably slow growth rate?
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by zzzzy: 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
WTF!!! So people that think windows phone as a major in the smartphone sector still exist. Worst, compared to the iPhone. embarassed embarassed embarassed. Btw hope y'all knew Microsoft Mobile division was resolved.
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Elxandre(m): 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
2kurupt:

Dude, this argument ain't gonna stop anytime soon especially with Elxandre on the thread. The guy pops out whenever Windows os is mentioned (no offence).

@Elxandre I think you should be open minded in your usage of tech coz it's about the most dynamic sector. How about you play around the other mobile operating systems so as to get a better picture why people are jumping ship from Windows os or cause of its remarkably slow growth rate?
Hahaha...
So you marked me as a windows phone jihadist. grin

Seriously I'm never a fan boy of anything.

In fact I can't buy any Windows phone right now for a friend.
I'm just trying to understand what makes a stock iPhone superior to a stock W8.1 asides apps.

I'm very familiar with Android for sure, so this isn't a closed minded argument.

I should have even moved to Android by now already but for financial constraints..

I've told you to stop judging WP by 8.0 standards which was what you used. Lol
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nduxx(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
This is windows phone 10's OS.

Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nduxx(m): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
One reason why I like windows phone is because they pay attention to customers. If you report a problem about an app, they will fix d problem in the next update and their updates comes frequently.
Re: Is Windows Phone Better Than Iphone? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
2kurupt:

I rest my case

(1) (Reply)

My Whatsapp Is Not Connecting HELP! / Whatsapp Officially Stop Support For Blackberry 10 / Good 75k Phone Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.