Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership (43186 Views)

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi / "If The Judges Should Resign, Buhari Should Also Resign Over WAEC Result" -Video / Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by kristisking(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2016
APC and nepotism are like brother and sister

4 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by moffat(m): 9:56am On Aug 02, 2016
do u mean Daura state security

3 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by ShaqFu: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2016
So money is behind the reason why they resigned. How thought provoking.

Truly, a people who worship money will make nothing of themselves apart from cut their brother's throat.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by ehissi(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2016
thats how Buhari rolled in 84!! Its no surprise, all security agencies get bastardized and unfair treatmentr except the army!!

Good for una!

Next time una go use una PVC's well!! angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by dopedealer(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2016
Pls i am not taking sides but lets not judge based on what 1 or 2 people said about a whole service that has over 15000 staff.The voluntires may have there personal reasons for leaving. It is not all report that is true. You cant please everybody!!

2 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by chernest2002: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2016
This will take Nigeria many years to recover from buhari 's backwardness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by BABANGBALI: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2016
Abeg who cook jollof rice today,make him give me chop, jollof rice dey hungry me
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by madridguy(m): 10:07am On Aug 02, 2016
You dey mind the wailers?

Oche211:

so you will prefer the DSS that we had under GEJ, who were the true definition of corruption nd lies. We all watched Ogar openly disgraced the reputation nd integrety of the secret service.
The last administration of the service had several moles which led to the leak of classified intelligence reports.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Supercee01(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2016
sCun:
Are you a Hausa fulani Muslim?

If u re not Hausa fulani muslim, my guy go look bush cos nothing for u.

5 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by ehissi(m): 10:10am On Aug 02, 2016
dopedealer:
Pls i am not taking sides but lets not judge based on what 1 or 2 people said about a whole service that has over 15000 staff.The voluntires may have there personal reasons for leaving. It is not all report that is true. You cant please everybody!!

Trust me !! I personally know folks in the service - 3 - that have put in their letters of resignation and moved to the US.

One submitted letter the week he did court wedding and has gotten a job in the states. He don take off, madam will follow later.

The other 2 went earlier than this my guy. Its no lie bro!! Its a fact.............the same thing almost happened in customs, if not that Osibanjo went to see top echelon of the service and calmed frayed nerves......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by dopedealer(m): 10:13am On Aug 02, 2016
ehissi:

Trust me !! I personally know folks in the service - 3 - that have put in their letters of resignation and moved to the US.

One submitted letter the week he did court wedding and has gotten a job in the states. He don take off, madam will follow later.

The other 2 went earlier than this my guy. Its no lie bro!! Its a fact.............the same thing almost happened in customs, if not that Osibanjo went to see top echelon of the service and calmed frayed nerves......

Ok... Fact are beginning to emerge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Moreoffaith(m): 10:13am On Aug 02, 2016
You just hit the nail on the head my brother.
70% of them resigned because there is no free flow of cash like before.

shamecurls:
Its glaring that change is here to stay...

Giving flimsy excuses because of a sanitized system.

When corruption was the other of the day, I did not read it in any Newspaper that some resigned because of the corrupt system.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by naijaforlife: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Nepotism the worst form of corruption, once you are a northerner you can occupy any position in this country whether qualified or not, look at the MD of NPA for example, she has no business there, in the next few years Nigeria might be taken back by 20 years because buhari has chosen to appoint mostly people who succeed through quota system and who can't compete with intelligent humans in any civilized setting. the extremist ruler would destroy this country. angry

In my opinion, it may amount to overstretching empiricism to assume that where you hail from determines your intellectual and physical capabilities to accomplish tasks. When a man is appointed you shout female marginalization, when a female is appointed you shout regional marginalisation, when a southerner is appointed, you shout religious marginalisation, when a christian is appointed you shout political marginalisation. I have a feeling that with your penchant for viewing apointments with your marginalization lens, you may inadvertently end up marginalizing yourself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by SailorXY: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2016
I laugh @ people who expect "selfless service" to Nigeria from security operatives.

If I may ask, can anyone show me a single politician who is selflessly "serving" Nigeria?

Awon oloriburukus undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by ayibatari99(m): 10:18am On Aug 02, 2016
Abeg! let them vamoose. The era of misappropriating public funds has gone, you either have the service at heart or you quit. The then politicians have spoiled DSS boys that is why some of them even resort to arm robbery ( See the case of Saraki's chief detail Abdurrashid Maigari & Co). We ain't there to make money rather we want to deliver and offer the best services to our nation.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2016
nnachukz:
This Daura of a man like his boss who employed him has destroyed the nation along ethnic divides. Destroying everything that unites us by their actions and inaction.
It is not by force to work, if their resignation didn't break any agreement entered before their training then let them go since you now treat them with suspicion.
However, a senior official of the service who spoke with vanguard in confidence claimed that the last dispensation exposed its personnel to unnecessary wealth “which is capable of compromising operational duties”

“There is no way the present leadership would have continued with the shenanigans that was perpetrated in the last dispensation. Apparently the leadership wants to return the service to its founding vision which is selfless service to the nation. It’s obvious that those who cannot fit in would naturally leave”
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Angelb4: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2016
Like Sahara like APC, Like Vanguard like PDP.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Nature8(m): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2016
This country and problems are like 5 and 6, from one problem to another problem.. Nawa oo!

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by repogirl(f): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Daura secret service has to employ indigenes of Daura, family relatives and friends of Mr. President and then people from the Northern states Na. They are more trustworthy compared to their brothers from the south west, middle belt and the 5℅.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by SergeAlain: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2016
Career choices upon change of dispensation is quite normal. Even in an organisation, when a new MD comes in some people will no longer want to stay for various reasons which they are entitled to.

What is ridiculous and unfortunately characteristic of this Govt is its highhandedness. How in the World can you place an embargo on voluntary retirement Is the DSS now a slave plantation?
How can you on one hand claim the people leaving, are leaving, because they are no longer allowed to commit corrupt practices, or because they came in via 'undue' processes and at the same time prevent them from leaving when they choose to leave.

I think we need to be careful how we politicize security matters. These highly trained security personnel are the last people you need to leave the service with bad blood, abeg insecurity is already bad enough as it is. We dont need new highly trained criminals (trained with tax payers money) entering the society.

7 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by cso007(m): 10:32am On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=Oche211 post=48106778]While so many of us are looking for opportunity to serve our country, these ones are leaving over money nd allowances.
Service to your country shld be selfless. What if they had gone for an operation nd they are told the usual "u are on your own from now on".
Them go say northerners want to kill them.
Anyway, their leaving is good, the weak ones are the one that left, nw let the brave build a stronger organization.(/quote) Did I hear yu say 'selfless service'? Y do we pretend to be perfect wen we full of rotteness inside? So,if u were the one been deprived of ur right you wud feel gud abi?

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by kings09(m): 10:33am On Aug 02, 2016
How are they traitors? For demanding adequate welfare package n equal treatment? Can u compare the risks in covert operations undertaken by these guyz whereby they can die any time and u r in a country wit a govt that doesn't care wat hapns to families of those dat died serving d country. BUHARI IS THE MOST DIVISIVE PRESIDENT and it's reflecting everytin done in dis country. Even Nigerians now suspect each other cos of same tribalistic attitude as set by Buhari
MadCow1:
Traitors the lot of them.. angry

2 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by guji(m): 10:34am On Aug 02, 2016
wailers failed to recognize the statement made by the senior staff of DSS as thus; A senior officer of the service who is familiar with the matter told Vanguard then that their sack was “inevitable” because their recruitment process was “flawed.” He explained that “What happened was that recruitment of most of these cadets did not follow due process. They were brought into the service by politicians without meeting the stringent requirements set by the service in recruiting its personnel. They were dumped on the service by politicians through the active connivance of the past leadership of the service. We are re-organising the service so we cannot afford to have partisan political moles in our midst” the source said. The source who is a senior operative of the service said the process of “weeding undesirable elements” who found their way into the service was ongoing. The present leadership of the service is determined to reposition the service to its professional roles. There is nothing personal about the decision of the service. It was a very painful decision in view of the investment made on them but it was a decision that must be taken” he had said.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by cso007(m): 10:35am On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=Oche211 post=48106778]While so many of us are looking for opportunity to serve our country, these ones are leaving over money nd allowances.
Service to your country shld be selfless. What if they had gone for an operation nd they are told the usual "u are on your own from now on".
Them go say northerners want to kill them.
Anyway, their leaving is good, the weak ones are the one that left, nw let the brave build a stronger organization.(/quote)
Did I hear yu say 'selfless service'? Y do we pretend to be perfect wen we full of rotteness inside? So,if u were the one been deprived of ur right you wud feel gud abi?

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by MadCow1: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2016
kings09:
How are they traitors? For demanding adequate welfare package? Can u compare the risks in covert operations undertaken by these guyz whereby they can die any time and u r in a country wit a govt that doesn't care wat hapns to families of those dat died serving d country. BUHARI IS THE MOST DIVISIVE PRESIDENT and it's reflecting everytin done in dis country. Even Nigerians now suspect each other cos of same tribalistic attitude as set by Buhari

So they are unhappy and then leave and go join a foreign Countries agency? angry Is that Patriotism? angry

And yet people lost their shiit over 2 Ambassadorial nominees for their inability to recite the National Anthem..
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by fst24(m): 10:37am On Aug 02, 2016
nepotism now is order of d day for dis government.

4 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by fst24(m): 10:39am On Aug 02, 2016
thats how Buhari rolled in 84!! Its no surprise, all security agencies get bastardized and unfair treatmentr except the army!!.cos aboki na dem plenty for deer

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Lyoncrescent: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2016
The sad thing is another set of DSS trainees are currently being trained and most of the recruitments were given as slots to politicians from APC. Sources say 70 Percent of the recruits currently undergoing training are from the North. I voted for Buhari but i am really getting concerned. The NPA appointment was the worst. She rode on the popularity of BBOG to get there.

5 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by kings09(m): 10:48am On Aug 02, 2016
No price can be placed on patriotism. The govt can only give them a welfare package sufficient to even fend for their families even wen they die in service. I may agree on the unnecessary exposure to certain monies but wen the grumbling within is on the increase, it means it's deeper than money issue. We know Buhari has bn tribalistic in his dealings wit Nigerians of difft tribes. So it's not out of place if same treatment is metted to DSS operatives. If d govt feels they r weak n r strayin away cos of cash rewards, why place a ban on voluntary resignation afterall na dem get their body. The likes of American embassy n oil companies would definitely not go for anything less than d best. In other words, the govt is losing d best of its men n by extension the country. But wait oo, dat means majority of DSS guyz will be northerners
MadCow1:

So they are unhappy and then leave and go join a foreign Countries agency? angry Is that Patriotism? angry

And yet people lost their shiit over 2 Ambassadorial nominees for their inability to recite the National Anthem..

2 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Gkemz: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2016
DSS under the present Lawal Daura's administration has been the worst of its kind. With a high level of unprofessionalism being displayed by the body.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by prof12(m): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2016
bonechamberlain:
the dss now is even worse. It's very clear even to the blind. I don't know of any corruption Case against any dss official.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Pavarottii(m): 10:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Everything about this change is just wrong.

Buhari is a monumental failure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governors To Buhari: Sack Workers Aged 50yrs, Levy Anyone Earning Over N30,000 / Hajo Sani Is Special Assistant (Admin), Office Of The Wife Of The President / FFK Reacts To Appointment Of Saratu Atta By Ghanaian President-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.