Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership (43201 Views)

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi / "If The Judges Should Resign, Buhari Should Also Resign Over WAEC Result" -Video / Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by deantimes(m): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Horsesmouth: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
bonechamberlain:
buhari chose to isolate himself, so it's none of our business if he wasn't reached out to, obj after power is still everywhere, gej has been to places, giving seminars, talks etc ibb abdulsalam were still vibrant after power. what knowledge did buhari acquire after power none. no one wants to be associated with such a person. No one abandoned buhari he abandoned himself, because of his self righteousness mindset.

No Allah brought him to power, tribalism, ethnic parochialism and illiteracy was what brought him to power.

He barely escaped a coup with his life. It is rather unfair to compare him to OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalam and Jonathan. Being reclusive is a natural and expected behaviour afterwards.

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by nell2: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oche211:
While so many of us are looking for opportunity to serve our country, these ones are leaving over money nd allowances.
Service to your country shld be selfless. What if they had gone for an operation nd they are told the usual "u are on your own from now on".
Them go say northerners want to kill them.
Anyway, their leaving is good, the weak ones are the one that left, nw let the brave build a stronger organization.
can you really hear urself. Didnt you read where they stopped further resignation. This is because they are afraid the best are leaving. I tire for naija citizens
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Horsesmouth: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
bonechamberlain:
buhari chose to isolate himself, so it's none of our business if he wasn't reached out to, obj after power is still everywhere, gej has been to places, giving seminars, talks etc ibb abdulsalam were still vibrant after power. what knowledge did buhari acquire after power none. no one wants to be associated with such a person. No one abandoned buhari he abandoned himself, because of his self righteousness minds

He barely escaped a coup with his life. It is rather unfair to compare him to OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalam and Jonathan. Being reclusive is a natural and expected behaviour afterwards.

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by mart2k(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oche211:

so you will prefer the DSS that we had under GEJ, who were the true definition of corruption nd lies. We all watched Ogar openly disgraced the reputation nd integrety of the secret service.
The last administration of the service had several moles which led to the leak of classified intelligence reports.
I c u. Where u dey now?
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Rolings: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Nepotism the worst form of corruption, once you are a northerner you can occupy any position in this country whether qualified or not, look at the MD of NPA for example, she has no business there, in the next few years Nigeria might be taken back by 20 years because buhari has chosen to appoint mostly people who succeed through quota system and who can't compete with intelligent humans in any civilized setting. the extremist ruler would destroy this country. angry

Your analysis has nothing to do with nepotism but with the federal character principle as enshrined in oh constitution and until it is removed or reviewed the problems will continue. Don't give the impression that's it's only northerners that occupy positions that are not fit for, southerners also occupy positions they don't fit into because of federal character.
Like many writers have pointed out to you wailers ,the president has the discretion to chose people he can work with as his personal staff and will only consider federal character in appontments to positions that the constitution expressly states. Jonathan did exactly that . Whether PMB chose all his relatives as personal staff he is allowed to do so because he trusts them . Jona was foolish enough not to realize this and instead allowed enemies into his house which eventually led to his defeat.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by july66: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
edoyad:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/massive-resignations-hit-dss/
Did the appointment of the present DSS director follow due process? A retired guy brought back because he comes from the same town with the president! Does this boost the morale of staff?

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Generalyemi(m): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oche211:
While so many of us are looking for opportunity to serve our country, these ones are leaving over money nd allowances.
Service to your country shld be selfless. What if they had gone for an operation nd they are told the usual "u are on your own from now on".
Them go say northerners want to kill them.
Anyway, their leaving is good, the weak ones are the one that left, nw let the brave build a stronger organization.

kindergarten... u sound like a kid

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by babashiko(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
But recently more than 30 people were absorbed into the DSS from Borno State only at the mercy of the state governor.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by ehikwe22: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
people were sacked because their employment didn't follow due process but they also went ahead and employed people, not just without due process this time around but in the most unprofessional and wicked manner. What kind of a man is this Buhari? I think Satan is using him for a mission or maybe God wants to use him to either punish Nigeria for their past sins or teach them a lesson.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Ohiku4all(m): 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
I love those retiired elements, they just created job opportunity for those jobless qualified graduates, Oya, let the employment begins.....
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by hannyjay(f): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Masu gudu su gudu

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by joe120120(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
edoyad:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/massive-resignations-hit-dss/

Security work is OK when the workers are being feed well .Others developing country want to pay to avoid corruption .Here we have Northern security Team .Its like that in all the other system security. I pity Naija
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Banter1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
selfless service to the Nation? Won't they Feed their families? God punish una.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Banter1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by buchilino(m): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
umar745:
They should allow them resign. There are people who'll kill for the work condition they are reffering to as unpalatable. The only problem is that training doesn't come cheap

UR JUST SAYING DIS COS U HAVE NO IDEA OF WAT IS REALLY GOING ON AT D DSS
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by buchilino(m): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
july66:
Did the appointment of the present DSS director follow due process? A retired guy brought back because he comes from the same town with the president! Does this boost the morale of staff?

MY DEAR GOD BLESS U, DIS HAS BEEN MY ARGUMENT ALL ALONG.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by DedeNkem: 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ab*okis always ruin everything.
He probably cut their pay to have enough money steal.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by ivandragon: 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
so, when will the 'backdoor' recruits in CBN, FIRS, NNPC, NA that took place under this regime be reversed? after all, what is good for the goose...
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Mylove55(f): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
sCun:
Are you a Hausa fulani Muslim?
since u ipod are leaving for selfish reason, we d good pple of nigeria wil gladly work with selfless service for nigeria, is my desire to flush-out corrupt ipod from all d ministries and agencies. God bless pmb
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Mylove55(f): 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
Banter1:
God punish those ipod, they stil want to continue in their corruption, they are so selfish.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
Onyinbos and sense.
They are snapping them up so that when the whistle will be blown, Piom.
My guys will alert them thru their remaining pals in service to leave Naija through available Ports As fast as Possible. Till then.....
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Suntzung: 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
hannyjay:
Masu gudu su gudu
U gerr it my sis!
The Bad Elements are now runing! grin
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by chigoizie7(m): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
One thing I know is that, once u don't pay these guys well, politicians will pay them and they will compromise.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Roadmike(m): 12:42am On Aug 03, 2016
that is a lie, she never disgraced any institution. was only doing her job as best as she could. What then do you make of a LIE per excellence Mr LAI the LIE ibn Mohammed. Think now i know-Taquiyya.

Oche211:

so you will prefer the DSS that we had under GEJ, who were the true definition of corruption nd lies. We all watched Ogar openly disgraced the reputation nd integrety of the secret service.
The last administration of the service had several moles which led to the leak of classified intelligence reports.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Roadmike(m): 1:08am On Aug 03, 2016
LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL. The Daura you call sanitizer kindly find out his antecedents if he truly merits the Seat, where he not for Nepotism of `na my Brother make he go do am. The difference between there Ex and Daura is like to Day and Night, no basis for coma prism.

shamecurls:
Its glaring that change is here to stay...

Giving flimsy excuses because of a sanitized system.

When corruption was the order of the day, I did not read it in any Newspaper that some resigned because of the corrupt system.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Menzy86(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Nepotism the worst form of corruption, once you are a northerner you can occupy any position in this country whether qualified or not, look at the MD of NPA for example, she has no business there, in the next few years Nigeria might be taken back by 20 years because buhari has chosen to appoint mostly people who succeed through quota system and who can't compete with intelligent humans in any civilized setting. the extremist ruler would destroy this country. angry
Hadiza BALA USMAN is NOT qualified to head NPA? Can u pls give me just TWO good reasons why u assert so?
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by mikolo80: 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
bonechamberlain:
they're unqualified yet you can't win election
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by mikolo80: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Warship:
AFONJAs say something.
Imagine losing such resourceful people to other nations due to the decision of a nepotist (Buhari) voted in as Messiah by Afonjas angry angry angry angry
what resources, Boko militants still running rampant
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by mikolo80: 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
LadyExcellency:

APC and Buhari's Government have openly accused the past government of ushering Nigerians into unrealistic and unsustainable social and economic status hence they are there to reconfigure Nigerians to a life of poverty, want and despondency.

Any decent home owner in Nigeria is now a suspected criminal except Burutai.

The problem Nigeria will have in the future as it relates to this government will not be scarcity of resources but envy and suspicion on why millions and billions should be given to a company for award of contract which will definitely make some rich against their policy of enslavement hence most contracts in the budget wouldn't be awarded even when the money is there.

Buhari may follow Yar'dua footsteps who saved money for Nigeria by implementing average of 25% yearly budget during his three years in Aso Rock.
will he carry the budget to his village after 8 years.?
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Banter1(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Mylove55:
God punish those ipod, they stil want to continue in their corruption, they are so selfish.
get out of my mention with your unemployed thumb. I am not iPod, I'm from the northern part of the country Jackie chan.
Re: DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership by Nostradamus: 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
ibnew:
Good talk. Why is it always about nepotism. This thing is robbing us from seeing clearly and critizising constructively. Why was bank mass retrenchment not nepotic. I remember correct me if am wrong, when Buhari assumed duties in asu rock this isues came up. There were some disgraceful disagreement in the presidential security because some allowances that we being paid before were no longer paid. The head of security then said that the payment is not official and there was no record of it any where. How does he account for it and under what line item in the account will he put it. He tried to explain to them that it is not sustainable and cannot no continue. He said what is rightfully theirs will never be denied . The payment were flivorious payment given to them as compensation from the wantom looting that was going on. I remember that led to mass deployement of DSS operatives at ASU rock. There was also change of security heads.DSS is a very high security outfit of the nation. Their information is not market women stuff. And everybody has right to his opinion anyway. It becomes criminal when you start forcing it on people.
Let us be mind full of what we read and where we go with it. I remember a Tribune reporter who covered 2 pages of the newspaper with pupported interview with Prof Sagay. When the prof denied and paper management investigated. He confessed he has never met the prof and he was paid to write. He was subsequently dropped by the management who applogize to the prof. But am sure before that the nation would be saying prof Sagay said this or that. This trend of media is dangerous. Let us help the nation. I dont have any i don't know about you. There is no place without any level of favouritisim it is just being properly managed.
maybe the bolded is why our government is talking about social media regulation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React After Governor Ambode Failed To Keep To Press Conference Time / Abia State Government House Completed By Ikpeazu (Photos) / Idongesit Ituen Beaten After Attacking Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.