Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! (834 Views)

3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status / A Nairalander Pre-wedding Picture After 12 Year Relationship / My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by doublezero7(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
I'll make this as fast as possible.

So a colleague at work said he needed to share an issue with me at our lunch break. For the next 30 minutes, he confided in me that he was seriously considering leaving his girlfriend of 3 years for a lady older with 5 years he just started dating. Not just that, he wants to get married next year...to the new lady.

Not wanting to jump into conclusions, i asked him why he was so sure he was making the right decision. Apparently, the lady he has been with for 3 years is quite saucy and temperamental. I have met her a couple of times, so i knew he was telling the truth. Also, he said the get into dumb arguments that would eventually lead to days of malice-keeping often. I told him if he had discussed this with her and he said she gets more aggressive about it and accuses him of always finding faults in her. Even after meeting her parents and siblings, the babe still gat no chills. Although, the lady really cares about him but he is so scared about the future of the relationship and the impact it would have on him and their kids if he eventually settled down with her. He said he just couldn't come to terms with the arguments and raised voices.

So i asked about the older lady he has been seeing. I was shocked when he told me that has lost the will to argue and fight with the other girlfriend because he is experiencing something so wonderful and matured with the new girl. The lady has been supportive, very decent and super caring. The only 'but' is that she is older. And he is scared of the possibility of leaving the relationship for something so uncertain, considering how ladies could be.

He needed my advice and i was short of words. Told him to let us go home and pray over the situation and we'd talk tomorrow. As i drive home, i cant but think about this complicated mess...Please, i won't mind a word of advice from the relationship counselors, psychologists and every other person that has dealt with this sort of situation before. I wont mind it hitting FP for a wider audience.

Thank you.
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by Behira(f): 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
He shud bring up the issue of marriage with the older lady tru her response he wud kno if she wud like settling dwn wit him
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
U might see the older lady as been nice, caring and decent because she is upto something probably she might be thinking am not getting younger anymore, so let me hook to a guy, meanwhile hid her character, in quote be pretending but what i have to say is that the devil u know is far better than the angel u dont know, as for the lady that nag or temperamental, u can work on her weakness and try to develop her strength because the truth is that everyone of us have weakness.
But have u try to provoke the older to the extreme, try it and see
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by doublezero7(m): 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
Behira:
He shud bring up the issue of marriage with the older lady tru her response he wud kno if she wud like settling dwn wit him

Well, they had been talking about it fora while. And she doesn't have an issue with settling with a younger guy. But he has to treat her right and be sure of what he wants.
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by blessedvisky(m): 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
Click Like if you also think there is no friend and the OP is talking about himself
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by FlexTrex: 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
He is already having second thougths aboutthe first girl. Iwould advice him to leave the relationship ASAP, but not because of the new lady.
Take his tim and nurture a relationship with the new lady (or whoever )before contemplating marriage,.
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by heffem(m): 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
FlexTrex:
He is already having second thougths aboutthe first girl. Iwould advice him to leave the relationship ASAP, but not because of the new lady.
Take his tim and nurture a relationship with the new lady (or whoever )before contemplating marriage,.
God bless ur muscle my brother......exactly my
mind
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by biazarre(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
tell him to follow his heart... its DAT simple!!!
Neva advise a man to dump a lady for anoda if u ar not ready to shoulder d consequence...

just tell him to take his time watching d older lady....

ladies ar d best in d act of pretence...
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by doublezero7(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
blessedvisky:
Click Like if you also think there is no friend and the OP is talking about himself

LOL. I'm married, man. And if i wasn't, it wouldn't have changed anything. undecided
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by doublezero7(m): 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
biazarre:
tell him to follow his heart... its DAT simple!!!
Neva advise a man to dump a lady for anoda if u ar not ready to shoulder d consequence...

just tell him to take his time watching d older lady....

ladies ar d best in d act of pretence...

Spot on sir! Why did you think i said we should go pray over it? lol
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by saintdennis(m): 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
No matter how he claims to dislike his babe he has spent a good 3YEARS with her??!!

Now he's met a new woman for how long? A MONTH OR TWO (if I may presume)

Well i've never dated but this is how I weigh up alternatives.

Good & BAD... if her bad(saucy, aggressive) character outweighs her positive attributes then he should end it.

Thing is this...if he's ending it just because he has met another woman then I SMH! He should be ending it strictly because he feels HE CANNOT GO FURTHER WITH THE BABE less HE CONTINUES TO BE UNHAPPY (let him know that)
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by doublezero7(m): 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
saintdennis:
No matter how he claims to dislike his babe he has spent a good 3YEARS with her??!!

Now he's met a new woman for how long? A MONTH OR TWO (if I may presume)

Well i've never dated but this is how I weigh up alternatives.

Good & BAD... if her bad(saucy, aggressive) character outweighs her positive attributes then he should end it.

Thing is this...if he's ending it just because he has met another woman then I SMH! He should be ending it strictly because he feels HE CANNOT GO FURTHER WITH THE BABE less HE CONTINUES TO BE UNHAPPY (let him know that)

Okay, One of the first things I told him is he was wrong for even dating another lady...that's outright cheating! In his defense he said he was pushed out to look for someone who would make him happy!

I'll most def tell him what you've said! Thank you chief!
Re: Dumping A 3-year Relationship To Marry A Older And Matured Lady...advice Needed! by ojun50(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Tell him to marry who he is @peace with

(1) (Reply)

24 Questions Designed To Make Anyone Fall In Love With You By Idearito / Vaseline Crew, You Need To See This Big Boobs O / Can You Imagine She Wants Me To Give Her My ATM Pin As A Sign Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.