Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? (4910 Views)

Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? / Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 / Adeboye, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Oritsajafor, Listen To Christ Warning & Amend Ur Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by BODUNDELE(m): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2009
If you are not Born again, You are missin alot.

i gave my life to christ this year April, i didnt think i culd or will ever b born again,.
It was my brother that shared the word with me, and now im enjoying the love of christ,,
i attend Grace Assembly

Can you pls tell us how yours went, dats if u ar, GOD IS GOOD
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by Atheists: 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2009
Yeah l am missing a hell lot of ignorance grin
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by banom(m): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2009
Atheists:

Yeah l am missing a hell lot of ignorance grin

Which ignorance ?,
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by Tudor6(f): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2009
What am I missing?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by Tudor6(f): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2009
What am I missing?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by RiffRaff: 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2009
name the topic HOW DID U GET SCAMMED grin

Ignorant people!!!!!
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2009
I gave my life to Christ on the 25th january 2005. . .though I have been going to church for ages, since I was little. . , . , its been a GREAT experience . . . . .
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by bawomolo(m): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

I gave my life to Christ on the 25th january 2005. . .though I have been going to church for ages, since I was little. . , . , its been a GREAT experience . . . . .

can you state what led you give your life to christ.

I won't ridicule you or anything.
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2009
bawomolo:

can you state what led you give your life to christ.

My decision to give my life to Christ was born out of conscious understanding of present life and realising that there is more to this life than we presently see.
Bear in mind that I had been a "christian" all my life. . .but never really took the final step.
So I took the step to be at PEACE with Christ.

I won't ridicule you or anything.

I cant be ridiculed.
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by bawomolo(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
what do you consider the final step?

baptism?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

My decision to give my life to Christ was born out of conscious understanding of present life and realising that there is more to this life than we presently see.
Bear in mind that I had been a "christian" all my life. . .but never really took the final step.
So I took the step to be at PEACE with Christ.

I cant be ridiculed.

Can we have more of the "arguments"  that convinced you into taking the final step?  Did Jesus personally come into your life before you took the step  OR you took the step before he came in?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2009
bawomolo:

what do you consider the final step?

baptism?

The final step is being born again. . . .entering into a fellowship with God through Christ Jesus.
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
huxley:

Can we have more of the "arguments"  that convinced you into taking the final step?  Did Jesus personally come into your life before you took the step  OR you took the step before he came in?

1. Jesus did not have to come into my living room. I knew all that needed to be known about Jesus and the salvation He offers. . .bear in mind that I was an active church member. But due to the fact that I was not yet born again, I had no intimacy with God, no communion. . . God simply was like a secondary being to me.

2.I was not compelled by arguments, diseases, sickness, miracles, fellowship or reasoning to become born again. . .neither was I evangelised to. I became born again, .due to a sober reflection and acknowledgement of the divine gift of Jesus. . , I became a born again because I was conscious of the decision I was taking.

3. If the truth must be told . . . .Life without Christ was of no direction. . . . .though I had a vision. . .I had NO direction.
when I gave my life to Christ, I realised that what I called a vision was a child's play compared to what Christ had in mind for me.

4. I enjoy fellowship with Christ. . . , not the church. I commune with the Father and He with me. Its been an amazing experience. . . . more?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

1. Jesus did not have to come into my living room. I knew all that needed to be known about Jesus and the salvation He offers. . .bear in mind that I was an active church member. But due to the fact that I was not yet born again, I had no intimacy with God, no communion. . . God simply was like a secondary being to me.

2.I was not compelled by arguments, diseases, sickness, miracles, fellowship or reasoning to become born again. . .neither was I evangelised to. I became born again, .due to a sober reflection and acknowledgement of the divine gift of Jesus. . , I became a born again because I was conscious of the decision I was taking.

3. If the truth must be told . . . .Life without Christ was of no direction. . . . .though I had a vision. . .I had NO direction.
when I gave my life to Christ, I realised that what I called a vision was a child's play compared to what Christ had in mind for me.

4. I enjoy fellowship with Christ. . . , not the church. I commune with the Father and He with me. Its been an amazing experience. . . . more?

Great - I like that. One thing though - Consider this: Supposing I replace God and Jesus in your narrative with Allah and Mohammed and said that some Moslem in North Nigeria has undergone also a great transformation in their life and vision and prospect by accepting Allah and Mohammed. Would you have any grounds for disputing the life-changing and transformative power of Allah and Mohammed?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2009
huxley:

Great - I like that. One thing though - Consider this: Supposing I replace God and Jesus in your narrative with Allah and Mohammed and said that some Moslem in North Nigeria has undergone also a great transformation in their life and vision and prospect by accepting Allah and Mohammed. Would you have any grounds for disputing the life-changing and transformative power of Allah and Mohammed?

I would simply ask questions. . . . . , my questions and their answers would reveal their understanding of the choice they have made.
I would ask questions about the many inconsistencies of mohammed. . . the origin of allah. . . . .the inhuman doctrines of allah. . . the reward for following allah. . . the essence of following allah, . . . .their individual position on these pertinent issues involving allah.

Their answers to these questions would reveal their premise for following allah.
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

I would simply ask questions. . . . . , my questions and their answers would reveal their understanding of the choice they have made.
I would ask questions about the many inconsistencies of mohammed. . . the origin of allah. . . . .the inhuman doctrines of allah. . . the reward for following allah. . . the essence of following allah, . . . .their individual position on these pertinent issues involving allah.

Their answers to these questions would reveal their premise for following allah.

Thankx. Does it occur to you that many people have asked these question about Allah and Mohammed and have got back answers which they have deemed satisfactory. To the extend that they have adopted Allah and Mohammed into their lives and are today experiencing the tranformative powers of Islam.

If Islam was false, what accounts for its transformative powers?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2009
any examples of these "transformative powers" ?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

any examples of these "transformative powers" ?

I personally know of people who became Moslems and have turned their lives 180 degrees -

They have become more reliable friends, family and business partners.

They dedicate plenty of times in the lives to pray to Allah

The worship and celebrate their ways and laws of Allah

Their vision and ambitions are mediated via Allah.

I had and still have several colleagues who are moslems and these are very good people indeed.

Just think about it this way - at some point in the past they wer no moslems in Nigeria, none whatsoever. And then the people in Northen Nigeria accepted Islam and see how it has transformed their lives.
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2009
huxley:

I personally know of people who became Moslems and have turned their lives 180 degrees -

They have become more reliable friends, family and business partners.

They dedicate plenty of times in the lives to pray to Allah

The worship and celebrate their ways and laws of Allah

Their vision and ambitions are mediated via Allah.

I had and still have several  colleagues who are moslems and these are very good people indeed.

Just think about it this way - at some point in the past they wer no moslems in Nigeria, none whatsoever.   And then the people in Northen Nigeria accepted Islam and see how it has transformed their lives.

I dont understand what u term as TRANSFORMATION,  . . . .

1. are u refering to the amputation and beheading of defenceless people?

2. Are u refering to allah's instructions that they kill christians and jews. . . that has led to terrorism all over the world.

3. Are u refering to being transformed by the promises of allah. . .which include
a. ALL MUSLIMS going to hell
b. terrorists being rewarded with 72 virgins
c. allah promise to muslim women a place in HELL

4. how transformative is jihad or boko haram?. . .

I have no idea about what u call transformation. . .especially in the islamic context.
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

I dont understand what u term as TRANSFORMATION,  . . . .

1. are u refering to the amputation and beheading of defenceless people?

2. Are u refering to allah's instructions that they kill christians and jews. . . that has led to terrorism all over the world.

3. Are u refering to being transformed by the promises of allah. . .which include
a. ALL MUSLIMS going to hell
b. terrorists being rewarded with 72 virgins
c. allah promise to muslim women a place in HELL

4. how transformative is jihad or boko haram?. . .

I have no idea about what u call transformation. . .especially in the islamic context.

No, NO, No, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO. C'mon be serious. Are you saying that these are the only ways that Islam can transform once's life?

What about these:

The kindly and friendly disposition?
The disposition to honesty
The disposition to obey some of the good laws of Allah
The abandoning of drugs, alcohol, prostitution,
The conservative dress code

The devotion to prayers, fasting, and communion with Allah.

If Islam is false, why would it transform some people's lives at all? Why do some people become "better" people after having been converted to Islam?

Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
Watch this for a Christian priest who converts to Islam: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9DYF87enAE&feature=related.

He says he has become a kinder and better person since converting to Islam. How do you explain that?

He says he is in communion with Allah daily. How do you explain that?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2009
huxley:

No, NO, No, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO.   C'mon be serious.  Are you saying that these are the only ways that Islam can transform once's life?

What about these:

The kindly and friendly disposition?

This does not include non-muslims. . , . . or does it?. . . .allah is very much against it. . . . .I would not trust a TRUE muslim with my friendship.

The disposition to honesty
do u know that LYING is allowed in islam?

The disposition to obey some of the good laws of Allah
how about the BAD laws?

The abandoning of drugs, alcohol, prostitution,
This is good news. . . , but is 4 wives and several temporary marriages not equal to prostitution?
The conservative dress code
is this a positive transformation?

The devotion to prayers, fasting, and communion with Allah.
This is irrelevant. . . .good deeds are ideal and important.

If Islam is false, why would it transform some people's lives at all?   Why do some people become "better" people after having been converted to Islam?

How can a muslim live a better life?  

Your idea of a better life is life outside the will of allah, . . . .
allah does not allow muslims to offer their friendship to non-muslims. . .he wants them all killed.
Allah promotes indecency, sexual immorality, paedophilia, human and women rights abuses and terrorism. . . . .these are in his injunctions to muslims. . . . .
Any muslim who does not do the above is NOT a good muslim in allah's book, . .so tell me huxley, how does the above constitute a positive transformation?

Those friends u have are either pretenders or BAD muslims. . . . .
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

This does not include non-muslims. . ,  . . or does it?. . . .allah is very much against it. . . . .I would not trust a TRUE muslim with my friendship.
do u know that LYING is allowed in islam?
how about the BAD laws?
This is good news. . . , but is 4 wives and several temporary marriages not equal to prostitution? is this a positive transformation?
This is irrelevant. . . .good deeds are ideal and important.

How can a muslim live a better life?  

Your idea of a better life is life outside the will of allah,  . . . .
allah does not allow muslims to offer their friendship to non-muslims. . .he wants them all killed.
Allah promotes indecency, sexual immorality, paedophilia, human and women rights abuses and terrorism. . . . .these are in his injunctions to muslims. . . . .
Any muslim who does not do the above is NOT a good muslim in allah's book,  . .so tell me huxley, how does the above constitute a positive transformation?

Those friends u have are either pretenders or BAD muslims. . . . .

I hope you have not forgotten what we are talking about.   We are talking about the transformation you experience in your life by giving your life to Jesus.  We are not talking about the specifics of Islam or Christianity.  This is what your said:

noetic2:

2.I was not compelled by arguments, diseases, sickness, miracles, fellowship or reasoning to become born again. . .neither was I evangelised to. I became born again,  .due to a sober reflection and acknowledgement of the divine gift of Jesus. . , I became a born again because I was conscious of the decision I was taking.

[size=14pt]3. If the truth must be told . . . .Life without Christ was of no direction. . . . .though I had a vision. . .I had NO direction.
[/size]

By the way, some of the things you accuse Islam of are also found in Christianity and its founding orthodoxy.

For instance, Jesus said the following:

That his disciples should not go to the towns and villages of the Gentiles but only to the Jews.

He also said that he did not come for the Gentiles but the Jews.

He said he was gonna put people to the sword. 

He said people should abandon their families.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/But_to_bring_a_sword

[size=14pt]

Anyway, these are distractions.  My key point is whether by adopting a religion one's life is capable of being transformed and does such transformation indicate the veracity of the religion?

[/size]
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
1. ur issues concerning the words of Jesus has been repeatedly addressed.

2. I am not in the best position to determine if a religion leads to transformation of a person's life. . . .I have NEVER practiced a religion . . .So I cannot tell. . . . all I have is a RELATIONSHIP with God through Christ Jesus. . . , .

3. why is point 2 so hard to understand?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

1. your issues concerning the words of Jesus has been repeatedly addressed.

2. I am not in the best position to determine if a religion leads to transformation of a person's life. . . .I have NEVER practiced a religion . . .So I cannot tell. . . . all I have is a RELATIONSHIP with God through Christ Jesus. . . , .

3. why is point 2 so hard to understand?

I have just given you plenty of examples of people who have personal relationship with Mohammed and Allah and how this personal relationship with Mohammed/Allah has transformed their lives.

So by this sort of evidence, Islam too is true, isn't it?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by GODSON2009(m): 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
@post
i gave my life to christ in august last year,born and bred anglican with the attendant sunday sunday service,was a chorister e.t.c but it was more of a chore i had to do for dad's sake than really serving the lord,got to london and went off the rails clubbing,girls and what have you untill i met an old aquitance last year,he used to be a really bad guy as in fraudster,fighting the metropolitan police ,had multiple kids e.t.c you can imagine seeing him after a long time and he is not only wearing a suit,but completely born again,seeing visions and prophesying, to cut the long story short he preached briefly to me, and all i can say is that the lord took controll because all the stuffs i v either been too lazy or complacent to do before like going to church,midweek service praying regularly,reading and meditating on the word e.t.c was now coming to me easily,now i cant get enough of it.

i am a member of the redeemed church and serving the lord is now a joy to me now,the three days i  have dedicated to being in church seems inadequate,and i want the lord to give me the aunction to go to church  t least five times a week,i also want the lord to really use me and who knows i might be a pastor as my heart is ministering to me
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2009
huxley:

I have just given you plenty of examples of people who have personal relationship with Mohammed and Allah and how this personal relationship with Mohammed/Allah has transformed their lives.

So by this sort of evidence, Islam too is true, isn't it?

I have NEVER heard a muslim have a relationship with allah and mohammed. . . . .its stated no where in the koran. . . or is it?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by huxley(m): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

I have NEVER heard a muslim have a relationship with allah and mohammed. . . . .its stated no where in the koran. . . or is it?

Well, the muslims I know say there have a relationship with Mohammed and allah. Otherwise, why all the veneration towards Allah and Mohammed? I do not know if it is stated in the Koran.

By the way, is it also stated that Christians MUST have a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus/God? What does it mean to "have a relationship with Jesus/God". How is having a relationship with Jesus/God different from having a relationship with Allah/Mohammed?
Re: How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? by noetic2: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2009
huxley:

Well, the muslims I know say there have a relationship with Mohammed and allah. Otherwise, why all the veneration towards Allah and Mohammed? [b] I do not know if it is stated in the Kora[/b]n.

why dont u find out.

By the way, is it also stated that Christians MUST have a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus/God? What does it mean to "have a relationship with Jesus/God". How is having a relationship with Jesus/God different from having a relationship with Allah/Mohammed?

1. Christianity is all about the RELATIONSHIP . . . , and it is stated all over the NT. . . . just pick up a bible.

2. Relationship is the acknowledgement and acceptance of Jesus as LORD and SAVIOUR. . , with the inherent power to be the son of God , to inherit eternity. . .and to be LED by the HOLY SPIRIT, . . .thats what relationship with God means.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. / Religion And Poverty In Africa. Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest / Ex-blind People Association Of Nigeria: Thank God For Healing Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.