Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

The Days Before Nollywood Came - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Days Before Nollywood Came (961 Views)

BBNaija: Cee-C “I Had A Dream That Two Evicted Housemates Came Back” / Dee-One: "Nina And Miracle Pray Before Sex, Bambam Came As A Prophetess" / Usher Accuser Posted 'I Need Money' Days Before News Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Days Before Nollywood Came by shumuel(m): 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
Do you remember the Old days of Indian Movies in Nigeria?

The days before Nollywood came ?

The days of Nagin (Snake Girl)

Dus Numbri (Number 10)

yeh vaada raha (The Promise),

Mard

Shooley

Ghazab

Amar akbar anthony

Toofan, etc?

Please be honest, aren't you missing these movies?
Aren't you missing those very handsome Indian Heroes?
Their very beautiful, sexy, yet decently dressed damsels?
Their heart wrenching/heart breaking songs, and their mind blowing story lines ?

I took time to arrange 12 of such Indian Movies of years past for my fellow Nairalanders and I ask you...

1. PLEASE KINDLY REMIND ME OF THE ONES I FORGOT TO INCLUDE

2. PLEASE SHARE THE STORY-LINES OF SOME OF THESE MOVIES BECAUSE
THIS POST WILL LOOK VERY STRANGE TO SOME NAIRALAND

Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by shumuel(m): 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lalasticlala Code; Nagin the Snake Girl grin

Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by shumuel(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
More

Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by shumuel(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
There you have it

Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 04, 2016
There was also Tu/Toofan.
Funny enough in my household we hardly watched Indian cinema. The movies we had in bulk were oldschool American ones like Guess who's coming to dinner, Cleopatra, Sound of Music, Samson and Delilah, Roots (70s version), the 10 commandments, She and a few blaxploitation films.
The Indian films I remember watching very well were Amar, Akbar, Anthony and a film where the protagonist was a dog very loyal to his master who went on a revenge mission after the deaths of both his master and wife at the hands of three hoodlums -- very interesting movie.
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 04, 2016
For those who have at least 300MB to exhaust:
http://vodlocker.com/62dvaqlns3ja

It's the original 70s movie of Amar, Akbar and Anthony watchable online. Would've searched for others on the list but Indian cinema doesn't hit me with nostalgia especially knowing the average Indian's attitude towards negroes.

Someone should remind me how we made sense of these movies, did they come with English subtitles or did we watch them repeatedly and understand the stories afterwards from actions depicted?
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by shumuel(m): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2016
charix:
Funny enough in my household we hardly watched Indian cinema. The movies we had in bulk were oldschool American ones like Guess who's coming to dinner, Cleopatra, Sound of Music, Samson and Delilah, Roots (70s version), the 10 commandments, She and a few blaxploitation films.
The Indian films I remember watching very well were Amar, Akbar, Anthony and a film where the protagonist was a dog very loyal to his master who went on a revenge mission after the deaths of both his master and wife at the hands of three hoodlums --very interesting movie.

All the ones you mentioned are all up there, 5th-7th picture
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by shumuel(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2016
charix:
For those who have at least 300MB to exhaust:
http://vodlocker.com/62dvaqlns3ja

It's the original 70s movie of Amar, Akbar and Anthony watchable online. Would've searched for others on the list but Indian cinema doesn't hit me with nostalgia especially knowing the average Indian's attitude towards negroes.

Someone should remind me how we made sense of these movies, did they come with English subtitles or did we watch them repeatedly and understand the stories afterwards from actions depicted?

Nice one there.

Lol grin Honestly i can't say, all i know is that we added our own meaning to it and it clicked cheesy
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
I miss those days like mad mehn. Those movies were the real deal... Movies like:

- Nagin

- Toofan

- Karan Arjun

- Baadshah

- The promise ( the bestest of best)

- kuchi Kuchi hota hai

- Dharam Veer

- Disco Dancer

In fact, they are too numerous to mention.

1 Like

Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
charix:
The Indian films I remember watching very well were Amar, Akbar, Anthony and a film where the protagonist was a dog very loyal to his master who went on a revenge mission after the deaths of both his master and wife at the hands of three hoodlums --very interesting movie.
Those times are evergreen. I remember the first time I watched Titanic was with family and friends and it was only available then in a video cassette that contain a thin, flat, black film. You never want to miss any moment. @bolded: I remember that movie too. It was about a black dog avenging the unfortunate death of its master. And each time it lay to perfect rest one of the killers, he always places a flower atop his master's grave. There is this scene a brute was trying to rape the man's wife, but the dog arrived just in time to save the day. I cry tire that time sha.

1 Like

Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
StunchLord:

Those times are evergreen. I remember the first time I watched Titanic was with family and friends and it was only available then in a video cassette that contain a thin, flat, black film. You never want to miss any moment. @bolded: I remember that movie too. It was about a black dog avenging the unfortunate death of its master. And each time it lay to perfect rest one of the killers, he always places a flower atop his master's grave. There is this scene a brute was trying to rape the man's wife, but the dog arrived just in time to save the day. I cry tire that time sha.

But what was the movie's name? I never knew then and till today don't know.
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
charix:

Amongst my friends and I, we used to call it "Dog Revenge". Lol. I think that's the English translation of the movie's title.
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by shumuel(m): 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
charix:

StunchLord:

Amongst my friends and I, we used to call it "Dog Revenge". Lol. I think that's the English translation of the movie's title.

Its Teri Meherbaniyan
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 07, 2016
shumuel:

Its Teri Meherbaniyan
Thanks.
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 07, 2016
shumuel:

Its Teri Meherbaniyan
Re: The Days Before Nollywood Came by shumuel(m): 7:48am On Aug 07, 2016
charix:
Thanks.
You most welcome

(1) (Reply)

America's Got Talent Ryan Shot In The Throat By A Flaming Arrow In A Stunt Error / Magnus Film Academy / DSTV Insult Nigerians With "Petrol" Raffle Draw!!! (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.