Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,462 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture (4653 Views)

Ganduje Inspects Wheat, Rice And Tomatoes Farms In Kano (Photos) / 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official / Lagos Acquires 2,134 Hectares Of Land In Other States To Boost Agriculture.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
The Wheat Farmers Association of Nigeria (WFAN) in Kano State on Wednesday commenced the registration of its members interested in the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) anchored borrower’s programme. Alhaji Faruk Rabi’u, the state chairman of WFAN, said this in an interview with newsmen in Kano.

The registered wheat farmers are expected to use the loan to cultivate the commodity during this year’s dry season farming. The programme was introduced by the Federal Government to support farmers to boost rice and wheat production in the country. “We have commenced registration of our members for the CBN anchor programme ahead of the upcoming dry season.

“We plan to register 75,000 wheat farmers who will benefit from the loan in the state,” he said. Rabi’u said the decision to commence the registration was borne out of the association’s effort to process the loan on time to enable farmers prepare before the dry season.

According to him, farmers are required to open an account with one of the commercial banks as one of the conditions before accessing the loan. “So, we want to make sure that all registered farmers fulfill the conditions for accessing the loan before the dry season farming commences,” he said.

Rabi’u, however, expressed optimism that the programme would go a long way in boosting wheat production in the country. He, therefore, called on farmers in the state to make the best use of the opportunity provided by the present administration, to enhance their socio-economic status.

The CBN anchor borrowers’ scheme, each farmer was expected to collect seedlings, fertilizer, chemicals and water pump which represent a total package of N220, 855. Each farmer was also expected to cultivate one hectare and repay the loan after harvesting the commodity.

http://assignmentclass.com.ng/?qa=165&qa_1=cbn-grants-loan-to-75-000-wheat-farmers-to-boost-agriculture

Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by alakara(m): 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
This northern farmers are enjoying.
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 2:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Obviously!
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by noeloge82(m): 5:05am On Aug 04, 2016
No such loan scheme coming to the south,hope we the south is also part of Nigeria
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 5:33am On Aug 04, 2016
noeloge82:
No such loan scheme coming to the south,hope we the south is also part of Nigeria

How many States in the South are pushing for such intervention?
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by noeloge82(m): 5:41am On Aug 04, 2016
Atleast am in ondo state now and I know that farmers congress in ondo, oyo , ogun, osun have been pushing for a long time now
If u Must know when the raice loan was granted to kebbi state Ebonyi has been on it before them but the truth be told Northerns are luckier with govt agric intervention

Pavore9:

How many States in the South are pushing for such intervention?
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 5:58am On Aug 04, 2016
noeloge82:

We're patiently waiting o

1 Like

Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 6:00am On Aug 04, 2016
noeloge82:
Atleast am in ondo state now and I know that farmers congress in ondo, oyo , ogun, osun have been pushing for a long time now
If u Must know when the raice loan was granted to kebbi state Ebonyi has been on it before them but the truth be told Northerns are luckier with govt agric intervention

Because their Political representatives tie lobbying for such interventions to their electoral fortunes!
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 6:01am On Aug 04, 2016
noeloge82:

Did I hear you said 'luckier'? In my own opinion, I think politics involved.
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 6:02am On Aug 04, 2016
Pavore9:

Because their Political representatives tie lobbying for such interventions to their electoral fortunes!

On point!!!
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 6:11am On Aug 04, 2016
utitofonsunday:

On point!!!

That is it! Who campaigns in the North and not promise the people that they will work towards getting them easier access to loans, tractors, fertilizers and other inputs. How many Southern Politicians is that an issue for?
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by noeloge82(m): 6:20am On Aug 04, 2016
Well only time shall tell
Pavore9:

Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by noeloge82(m): 6:23am On Aug 04, 2016
Definitely anything in govt ia politics but the irony here is that we in the south claim to be more Educated but in govt incentive we know who plays the Educationist
utitofonsunday:

Did I hear you said 'luckier'? In my own opinion, I think politics involved.

1 Like

Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 6:38am On Aug 04, 2016
noeloge82:
Well only time shall tell

Let it be a priority for Southern representatives at all levels.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 7:21am On Aug 04, 2016
Pavore9:

That is it! Who campaigns in the North and not promise the people that they will work towards getting them easier access to loans, tractors, fertilizers and other inputs. How many Southern Politicians is that an issue for?

Sound like Northern politicians are so sincere....right?
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 7:25am On Aug 04, 2016
noeloge82:
Definitely anything in govt ia politics but the irony here is that we in the south claim to be more Educated but in govt incentive we know who plays the Educationist

You're right...but northern politicians keep to their promise more than southern politicians...#greed want kill us
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 7:26am On Aug 04, 2016
utitofonsunday:

Sound like Northern politicians are so sincere....right?

More like their politicians tapping into what is their reality.
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 7:28am On Aug 04, 2016
Pavore9:

More like their politicians tapping into what is their reality.

Yes...of course
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 7:32am On Aug 04, 2016
utitofonsunday:

Yes...of course

There was a time during OBJ's Presidency when tractors was shared amongst the States, on good authority Enugu State hired out most of its own to Northern farmers while we struggled to get a tractor for our project in Nike area of the State!

1 Like

Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 7:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Pavore9:

There was a time during OBJ's Presidency when tractors was shared amongst the States, on good authority Enugu State hired out most of its own to Northern farmers while we struggled to get a tractor for our project in Nike area of the State!

So funny.....but why hiring out what your people need most for agriculture? I do believe such thing wouldn't have happen in the worse economy we're in now...
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by noeloge82(m): 7:39am On Aug 04, 2016
I just hope that with the current limitless power of social media our leaders will surely wake up
utitofonsunday:

You're right...but northern politicians keep to their promise more than southern politicians...#greed want kill us
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by noeloge82(m): 7:42am On Aug 04, 2016
I hope with this current economic down turn they make it a priority
Pavore9:

Let it be a priority for Southern representatives at all levels.
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2016
utitofonsunday:

So funny.....but why hiring out what your people need most for agriculture? I do believe such thing wouldn't have happen in the worse economy we're in now...

It would not happen now as everyone is now forced to wise up as the easy money from monthly allocation has plunged! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2016
noeloge82:
I just hope that with the current limitless power of social media our leaders will surely wake up

Yeah....with social media, Nigerians are not afraid to tell them the truth! #sweet or #bitter

1 Like

Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 7:47am On Aug 04, 2016
Pavore9:

It would not happen now as everyone is now forced to wise up as the easy money from monthly allocation has plunged! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Honestly, Agric money will soon replaces Oil money...
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 8:08am On Aug 04, 2016
utitofonsunday:

Honestly, Agric money will soon replaces Oil money...

Going by the data released by Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, Kenya earned $1.2 billion from the export of tea in 2015. It earns about $2b annually from Horticultural export.
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 8:21am On Aug 04, 2016
Pavore9:

Going by the data released by Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, Kenya earned $1.2 billion from the export of tea in 2015. It earns about $2b annually from Horticultural export.

Great...i think Nigeria should follow the same path to improve in exportation business. I know the youth are addicted to importation, but we need to start exporting to stabilize our economy...
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by Pavore9: 8:30am On Aug 04, 2016
utitofonsunday:

Great...i think Nigeria should follow the same path to improve in exportation business. I know the youth are addicted to importation, but we need to start exporting to stabilize our economy...

You need to watch this short video to see that we have not even started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxPjdnrwoo0
Re: CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture by utitofonsunday: 9:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Pavore9:

You need to watch this short video to see that we have not even started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxPjdnrwoo0
So sad.....we need to do something!

(1) (Reply)

Vertical Sacks For Vertfical Farming Now Available, Lagos / Nairaland Farmers, Please HELP Save My Tomotoes!! / Say The Truth: Do You Conduct Soil Test B4 Farming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.