Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test (20067 Views)

Finidi George Offers To Coach Golden Eaglets For Free / Niger Republic U17 3-1 Nigeria U17: Golden Eaglets Crash Out Of U17 Afcon / Kehinde And Taiwo Awoniyi's 19th Birthday Celebrated By The Ex Eaglets Striker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Lovexme(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2016
Everything is just going wrong in this country. When will we learn?
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by kgr8mike(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2016
Ok
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Pavore9: 11:28am On Aug 04, 2016
"Several of the players were in tears and total shock when the final results came through this morning"...As if they don't know their real ages! shocked
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by wada88(m): 11:30am On Aug 04, 2016
that's Nigeria for you, a man of 26 years will claim to 17 years. didn't they know their age before they went to the camp? that's corruption and our baba will soon swing into action and send t them to KUJE prison

I joined nairaland 2 days ago and am already on the front page? am getting there.
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by otokx(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2016
What do you guys expect from a society that likes to cheat at every available opportunity.

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by shumuel(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2016
grayht:
Just 2 surviving players? In orubebe's voice...

kikiki Kakaka Hohoho hahaha, bro you gat me luaghing real hard grin
''We will not take this, Nigeria will not take this grin''

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by NCAN(m): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2016
ubsilas:
NCAN!!! grin
We are at alert!
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by ancientbanana: 11:34am On Aug 04, 2016
martineverest:
why are nigerians always cheating ?

Cheating is one of the reasons y nigerian national football team dont progress/grow......a man of 28 will be claiming 16.by d time he s 20(fake age),his muscles would have been weak
we have a cheating govt dats y?

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by densiks: 11:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Age cheating has always been a recurring issue in age grade competitions and the terrible level of corruption has made it endemic.
The boys share in the blame for their cruelty and dishonesty but the administrators should be sanctioned as they actually encourage age cheating in a brazen manner.
Lying and cheating have become a national culture because of crippled systems and nepotism.

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by frisky2good(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2016
I am still trying to figure that out.

Tolexander:
lol!

Wonder shall never cease ending!
Why were they crying?
Don't they know their age before or they don't know what age group competition they wanna represent?

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by nonen(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2016
These guys should be thrown into prison for having prior knowledge that they are beyond the stipulated age and deliberately enrolling into the competition, only to be caught at a critical stage like this.
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by teemy(m): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2016
the mri is the standard and it would slight of duty to not have done it locally before this. since as much as nine players in the startup team were disqualifed the mode of employing players should be queried to know who failed to verify ages.
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Sunnypa11(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2016
Bunch of Stanley Okoro,Fortune Chukwudi,Dele Ajiboye,Kabiru Akinsola,Yakubu Alfa,Sherrif Issa
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by parrotibaba(m): 11:43am On Aug 04, 2016
And they even had the guts to cry angry make them gnash their teeth kukuma join grin mumu 23 year olds claiming under 17, fifa deserves big kudos for this MRI scan machine.

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by nigerianvenom(m): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2016
Geofavor:
Hahahahaha.

And the saying goes thus: 'everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner'...

Criminals! Nigeria has always used overaged players. This is why I'm usually tentative to celebrate when they win the U-17 world cup.

A 25-year old will claim he's 16 just because he's short.

And the coaches are always aware of this. In fact, they would deliberately leave out younger players who are within the stipulated age range. They use overaged players as an advantage over other countries ( well, that's what the dumb coaches think).

What they don't know is that that preliminary level is meant to be used in building the national team gradually.

Little wonder why our national team is a mess.

By the time a 25-year old plays at the under 17 level, when he gets to the national team, he would have become too old to even lift himself off the floor. It shows in all our players.

They shine at the junior level, when they get to the senior level, they flop. That's age quickly catching up on them.

Abeg, FIFA you give us our due punishment, maybe then we would learn.

All countries are guilty of this.
Among all the teams that participated in u17 world Cup far back in 2003,its only Mikel obi that has bin consistent till date, same apply to iheanacho and Co. Stop bad mouthing.
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by DeRay98(m): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
This same situation happened to the original boys Manu Garba/Nduka Ugbade/Emmanuel Amuneke selected in 2011-12 for U-17. They had to fall back to the National U-15 team which they eventually transformed into the Glorious U-17 team of the likes of Isaac Success, kelechi Iheanacho and Co., that ruled the world in UAE 2013 U-17.
How come coach Garba was not weary of a repeat occurrence this time around?
Just shows the guy doesn't learn from his past experience. Watch-out, Golden Eaglet is about to suffer what Super Eagles and Flying Eagles suffered. It appears 2017 is going a boring year for national team football, as NFF and the new Sports minister are just a bundle of disaster.
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Ironi: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nigeria has been cheating big time since 12bc.

Any keen observer will realize their 2015 Fifa u17 win was a fraud.

Virtually all the players were never u17 and they managed to get away with it.

God don punish you.

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by tbaba1234: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ironi:
Nigeria has been cheating big time since 12bc.

Any keen observer will realize their 2015 Fifa u17 win was a fraud.

Virtually all the players were never u17 and they managed to get away with it.

God don punish you.

in 2013 and 2015, all the players in the competition passed MRI tests so they are not cheats..
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by cocktopuss: 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
Its a good development. We must learn fairness in this country.
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Ironi: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

in 2013 and 2015, all the players in the competition passed MRI tests so they are not cheats..

Yeah right, there was no way the players I was seeing on the field were u17.

Oh yes, they were, they got away with it.

Ever heard of bribery?

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by princefaculty(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
When the head is clueless...

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by tbaba1234: 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ironi:

Yeah right, there was no way the players I was seeing on the field were u17.

Oh yes, they were, they got away with it.

Ever heard of bribery?

There is no way that they can get away with bribery. The players were tested multiple times at CAF and FIFA level..

ALL TEAMS are compelled to take the test.

As long as they passed the test, it is 99% confirmed that they are within the age group..
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by TamedWolf90: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
fiftynaira:

Beast of no Nation

Yea.. Your head day there
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Litmus: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
parrotibaba:
And they even had the guts to cry angry make them gnash their teeth kukuma join grin mumu 23 year olds claiming under 17, fifa deserves big kudos for this MRI scan machine.

If you were born 17 years ago, which isn't that distant in time, and some machine tells you you were born twenty years ago wouldn't you cry too? It may seem odd, my even sympathizing with the young people, but experience has made me highly distrustful of the West and their authority. No matter how incredible the venture may seem we should always question. Remember how people questioned these MRI machines when Nigerian players passed them in recent past competitions, so why aren't people questioning the MRI's now?

We are so trustful of the West, I'm surprised those widely publicized fake bomb detecting machines are not being widely used in Nigeria.

I will say it again, Nigeria and Nigerians are the easiest people to cheat and prejudice against because Nigerians -if they are Nigerians - are always vocal in supporting questionable acts against Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by zynzyn(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/shocker-26-eaglets-fail-mri-test

VERY GOOD NEWS!! V E R Y. V E R Y G O O D N E W S!!

For how long will we remain a nation of self deceiving liars?!

I have said it times without number that our age cheating IS NOT HELPING OUR FOOTBALL!!

Nigeria has won U-17 several times, yet:

Our players are not rising to be best in Africa!!!

We have never gone past second round at senior world cup!!!

We have never even won Under 21 world cup!!!

Our Olympic final teams were made up mostly of players WHO DID NOT play under 17 football!!!

Nigeria's senior team have failed to qualify for 3 of the last 4 Nations Cup tournaments!!!

When you play 21 - 23 year olds against 16 year olds, they are bound to look like spectacular talents!!! angry

Where is Chrisantus today?!

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by zynzyn(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
zynzyn:

VERY GOOD NEWS!! V E R Y. V E R Y G O O D N E W S!!

For how long will we remain a nation of self deceiving liars?!

I have said it times without number that our age cheating IS NOT HELPING OUR FOOTBALL!!

Nigeria has won U-17 several times, yet:

Our players are not rising to be best in Africa!!!

We have never gone past second round at senior world cup!!!

We have never even won Under 21 world cup!!!

Our Olympic final teams were made up mostly of players WHO DID NOT play under 17 football!!!

Nigeria's senior team have failed to qualify for 3 of the last 4 Nations Cup tournaments!!!

When you play 21 - 23 year olds against 16 year olds, they are bound to look like spectacular talents!!! angry

Where is Chrisantus today?!

When u mention these facts to my fellow Nigerians, they say other nations also cheat!!

Even if they also cheat, which I doubt for Europe and South America, IS IT BENEFITTING THEIR FOOTBALL ULTIMATELY?!

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by betfreak: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2016
ENJOY www.megabet24.com

Here I have my lost wager of $ 1,024 recovered

When I lost the Betting I thought I could never get my money back then I have this page found megabet24.com and there you the money that you've lost the bet to win back you just have your ticket number your betting qoute and specify your use and take part in our monthly raffle totally cool
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by zoboizee: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
We are too gullible in this country. That they were disqualified does not mean they were all overage. I remember a 17 years old American born player who was about to play for Nigeria but was disqualified by the scan as overage.

1 Like

Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Bhol28: 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
NATIONAL EMBARRASMENT,Not really surprising though.I wander how they've been scalling thru all this while cos we all know this before.
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by oshorstan(f): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
I totally condemn age cheating, its unhygienic. Those affected should update their true age, and move on. Let me not forget, Is Bastian schweinisteiger 32?, is Tevez 32? is Rooney 30? What of Robben, macherano, Diego Costa, etc..oyinbo lie pass, we dey learn..
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by kamossreal(m): 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hello guys in the house, this is the fact about the MRI machine, if you guys don't know. how the machine works please ,lets leave those guys alone, the MRI machine that qualified the Elder brother and disqualify the younger brother at the last U17 , so what can you guys say about that
Re: 26 Eaglets Fail MRI Test by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
no more u-17 trophies for nigeria. Oruma and kanu were like 25years old when they played in japan 93.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Have Completed The Signing Of Jakub Kiwior - Fabrizio / NFF President Aminu Maigari Arrested by SSS / Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.