Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. (5134 Views)

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by AfroCynic: 2:54am On Sep 22, 2009
chiogo:

Right, you don't hear non-hausas making music in hausa, etc. It's not just about speaking the language. But I guess since most known artistes are in Lagos, it's typical that even non-yorubas speak yoruba. I guess people over stretch the diversity issue being that Lagos is the place where businesses supposedly 'boom'. Yoruba language is likely to be used as the yardstick for the 'most influential' Nigerian language. my view point from what I noticed.

Yes, you have a point there, I guess.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:21am On Sep 22, 2009
chiogo:

I disagree with # 3. Pidgin english is not spoken in Nigerian alone, although other countries' pidgin might be slightly different but very similar.
I was going to say that. . . dang.

Anyway, # 3 is the only one that I had an issue with. I wouldn't know about the rest though, but I can say that it sounds like a stretch to me. Reason being that if I'm not mistaking, the extent of use of Yoruba language is more concentrated in and around Yoruba regions. Likewise, the extent and use of Igbo is more concentrated around Igbo regions, and the same for Hausa. So, to me, it sounds more appropriate to say that Yoruba is the most influential in a certain region, and that's expected.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by udezue(m): 3:53am On Sep 22, 2009
Yoruba is influential in the WEST. Igbo is in the East. Hausa is in the North. Its simply regional. Don't over stretch it okay.

LOL @ Osisi and Titilayo LOL

I will be Oluwatosin.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by Abagworo(m): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2009
as for naija music the most popular words today are chineke mee,tile,o-we and i know the language.i hear some yoruba but i think hausa is spoken as second language by most nigerians especialy in the north which has more population.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by dayokanu(m): 8:09am On Sep 22, 2009
@OP,

I also heard Yoruba is the most influential language in Alaska and even paradise
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by platinumnk(f): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2009
Abagworo:

as for naija music the most popular words today are chineke mee,tile,o-we and i know the language.i hear some yoruba but i think hausa is spoken as second language by most nigerians especialy in the north which has more population.

chinkeme is Igbo.
dayokanu:

@OP,

I also heard Yoruba is the most influential language in Alaska and even paradise

LOL grin
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by citizenY(m): 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2009
@ALL

Afrocynic don mellow /step down. Keep your powder dry. Fall out

This is what we should be doing to all those rabble rousers.

If you want to do research on this matter, produce a questionaire.

We shall all contribute. No charge (FOC)

If i be your project supervisor, na F u go get.Your project no get outline.

Do not take style bring rubbish talk here.

Opening thread na free but if you no use sense, na thorough bashing u go get

even if na with the fibre optic cable of broadband grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by AfroCynic: 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
citizenY:

@ALL

Afrocynic don mellow /step down. Keep your powder dry. Fall out

This is what we should be doing to all those rabble rousers.

If you want to do research on this matter, produce a questionaire.

We shall all contribute. No charge (FOC)

If i be your project supervisor, na F u go get.Your project no get outline.

Do not take style bring rubbish talk here.

Opening thread na free but if you no use sense, na thorough bashing u go get

even if na with the fibre optic cable of broadband grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh please, You all cannot censor me, if you do not like it, don't comment, ignore the thread, I have thrown the question out there, you're an intellectual midget which is why the premise and the subsequent disagreement is too hard for you to comprehend, so fall back young one.

P.s. thanks to the people that actually read and understood the question.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by citizenY(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2009
You are the intellectual midget.

You have stepped down anyway.

Bigotry is intellectual prowess in your books
and we are saying no.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by AfroCynic: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2009
citizenY:

You are the intellectual midget.

You have stepped down anyway.

Bigotry is intellectual prowess in your books
and we are saying no.

Did you read the initial post? Where I state that I do not agree with the assertion? Have you read the subsequent responses? No, you just want to come here and be the local champion, shooting your mouth off,
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by citizenY(m): 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2009
Na before, we know your pranks. You always sneak this type of discussion
into decent fora. Within a short time, you pollute them and prevent meaningful discussion.

Over and out.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by german007(m): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2009
@afrocynic.

Like I said before and I will repeat.

You're a bored, lonely,miserable wind-up and a trouble-stirer.

FYI Im not yoruba,igbo ,hausa ,tiv,ijaw,fulani or kanuri.
IM NIGERIAN

Tribalism is clearly nigeria's biggest killer, and here you are out of boredom and loneliness starting up a tribalistic thread.

IF U ARE THAT BORED, GO GET A SACK OF RICE, SIT DOWN AND COUNT THE GRAINS,    WHEN YOU'R DONE YOU CAN START ALL OVER AGAIN

Its best for you to keep mute, than to start ludicruos and sarcastic threads.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by AfroCynic: 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2009
german007:

@afrocynic.

IM NIGERIAN

Tribalism is clearly nigeria's biggest killer, and here you are out of boredom and loneliness starting up a tribalistic thread.

IF U ARE THAT BORED, GO GET A SACK OF RICE, SIT DOWN AND COUNT THE GRAINS,    WHEN YOU'R DONE YOU CAN START ALL OVER AGAIN

And you, my friend, clearly cannot read. I will not insult, because I do not believe in picking on the mentally impaired, but I will tell you to engage your energy in a more worthwhile cause since your plan to intimidate me has clearly backfired.

Thank you so much!
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by OgidiBoy(m): 12:07am On Sep 23, 2009
german007:

@afrocynic.

IM NIGERIAN

IF U ARE THAT BORED, GO GET A SACK OF RICE, SIT DOWN AND COUNT THE GRAINS, WHEN YOU'R DONE YOU CAN START ALL OVER AGAIN

That was funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by udezue(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2009
Whatever u are is what u are so remain PROUDLY Yoruba, Igbo, Ibibio, Bassa, Nupe, Isoko, Ijaw, Hausa, Kanuri, Bini, etc as long as u are not trampling on ppl's rights or subjugating others. We are from different nations forced to be in 1. God made u who u are not Lord Lugard.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2009
I agree.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language. Discuss. by theInterpreter: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Of The Best Yoruba Choral Songs I Have Heard In Recent Time. / Breaking News! Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK )kidnapped Igbere Youth Leader / Nigerian Men And Bleaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.