Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69346 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn.

Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang.

I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.

10 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by TVTKOKO(m): 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
Please just try YORUBA!. Dat language is so swt dat i always feel d pain dat my mum being yoruba, didn't marry a yoruba and went to marry one ar$e-hole man,frm an arsé-hole tribe!

It pains me when those ar$e-hole pple use dere arsë-hole name to call an årse-hole me, Because i'm an ærse-hole! Yuck !

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by sexyteeola(f): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Yoruba is the easiest language .....

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by DankemzI(m): 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ibibio is the easiest, very sweet

44 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by TVTKOKO(m): 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
DankemzI: Ibibio is the easiest, very sweet
pls wat is ibibio?

28 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
sexyteeola: Yoruba is the easiest language .....
yeah, its d sweetest. I love d lyrics,its d fastest in rap music, .

30 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
TVT KOKO: Please just try YORUBA!. Dat language is so swt dat i always feel d pain dat my mum being yoruba, didn't marry a yoruba and went to marry one ar$e-hole man,frm an arsé-hole tribe!

It pains me when those ar$e-hole pple use dere arsë-hole name to call an årse-hole me, Because i'm an ærse-hole! Yuck !
guy take am easy oo,na love push ur mom,no be juju

20 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by DankemzI(m): 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
TVT KOKO:

pls wat is Ibibio?

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.

26 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by TomiwaDamola(f): 11:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
I think Hausa is the easiest followed by Yoruba. Yoruba is very easy once you understand the tones.

75 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2014
Tomiwa Damola: I think Hausa is the easiest followed by Yoruba. Yoruba is very easy once you understand the tones.
haha,hausa is a tongue twister

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by bigdickoyinbo: 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language

Your writing skills say the opposite.

25 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by CriminalIbos: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
[size=20pt]Yoruba sweet language..! I always feel happy whenever i remember i'm a Yoruba boy..! [/size]

32 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
Criminal Ibos: [size=20pt]Yoruba sweet language..! I always feel happy whenever i remember i'm a Yoruba boy..! [/size]
why dat ur username

34 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by mrfolu(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
TVT KOKO: Please just try YORUBA!. Dat language is so swt dat i always feel d pain dat my mum being yoruba, didn't marry a yoruba and went to marry one ar$e-hole man,frm an arsé-hole tribe!

Na love, i married an Igbo myself, not that i did not see a beautiful woman from my tribe but i was in love then.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by DankemzI(m): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
mr folu:
Na love, i married an Igbo myself, not that i did not see a beautiful woman from my tribe but i was in love then.

You were in Love then?! grin grin What about now it has expired abi? grin A very wrong statement from a married Man.

58 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn. Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang. I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.
What do you mean by the typical main Igbo are found in Imo state? Are the Igbos or Igbo dialects from Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Delta and Ebonyi fake? undecided

Also, Ala/Ara can mean either bréast or madness. It is just different dialects. Some places say Ala while some say Ara but they both mean the same thing, bréast or madness, depending on the context in which it is used.

27 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by swhiss: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
I'm an Igbo guy
Hausa is the easiest Naija language to learn and
Yoruba is the hardest (sounds like they are
fighting,too much Yoruba Yoruba , trust me you don't
want to learn it ) ,the accents and emphasis in Igbo
and Yoruba will cause a learner to bite his tongue.
Hausa is more free flowing,very romantic sounding
and is very light on the tongue.

150 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRWHINNIG: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
Igbo is one of the easiest languages to learn in Nigeria and also one of the richest languages in Africa. There are many dialects of Igbo: Onitsha/Delta Igbo, Awka/Central Anambra Igbo, Southern Anambra Igbo, Nsukka Igbo, Ngwo/Central Enugu Igbo, Owerri Igbo, Abakiliki/Ebonyi Igbo, Ohafia/Arochukwu/Abia Igbo, Ikwerre Igbo and Equatorial Guinea Igbo to mention but a few. But all of them are mutually intelligible, except for the Nsukka and Ebonyi dialects which have evolved separately over time because of their geographical isolation.

Igbo is also the second language of mainstream Nollywood after English.

40 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jmoore(m): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hausa

12 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by SELENAqueensy(f): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Igbo..... have only been der(igboland) for just a year nd I understand 75% of d language and can speak 40%

21 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ajoguegbe(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ezza in Ebonyi state. That's my language

8 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jmoore(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tobetoe: In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as bosom and MADNESS respectively ,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being bosom .

Enyi a, go and learn Igbo languauge. You are still a novice.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
This is not an easy question to answer as people are likely to answer with bias. I think only people who can speak several languages can get close to getting it right. I've heard a lot of people especially those who have lived in the north saying that it's Hausa. As much as i won't doubt it, it could be as a result of the fact that one is forced to speak the language due to the fact that people who are indigenous and live in the north rarely speak English or even pidgin unlike they south where you have the choice to converse in pidgin or English. For instance, despite the fact that different variants of Igbo(Ikwerre et al) is spoken by the indigenous people of Port-hacourt, pidgin seems to be the language on the streets, so people who live their rarely pick up Ikwerre except you're living in one of those villages in the outskirts of PH. The same thing applies to Warri.

29 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Forzap: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
YORUBA!! D language dey sweet me, even tho i no be yoruba

15 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nonybb: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Your submission that Imo state are the one with typical mainstream Igbo is a dangerous lie. The people with mainstream Igbo Nzugbe are the UMUAHIA PEOPLE. People should STOP portraying this vicious lie cos i hate it whenever i hear such. Even Igbo Bible was written in Umuahia igbo language! Beside i am from Anambra State and Onitsha igbo language is a load of scappy igbo

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Marvyx(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Isoko cool

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cash4nigerians(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Chinwem(f): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Igbo grin

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by chi4ik(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
I'm an IGBO but Hausa Language is very simple to Learn followed by Yoruba.... Igbo is very hard to learn but when U finally learn it, it very sweet to speak $ it has so many proverbs...

12 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Jayses(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ibibio

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 01mcfadden(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by in the South-East by the people Akwa Ibom.
spoken in the south-south by the people of Akwa Ibom.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.