Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta (5049 Views)

Niger Delta Avenger Claims To Have Blown Up NNPC Crude Oil Trunk Line To Warri / "SPDC Forcado 48 Exportline Bombed At 3am" - Niger Delta Avengers / Explosion Rocks Chevron Facility In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by HtwoOw: 10:14am On Aug 04, 2016
Greatidonis:

Invade and let's see, if Nigeria will forever remain the same, you think this is 1960's? Do the rightful thing the time when we will continue to sit in abject poverty and you people will continue to oppress the minorities and take thier oil blocks and share between yourselves is over forever.

Without any outside support the Nigerian armed forces will trash your land ask your brothers in ogun and Lagos creeks
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by sCun: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2016
malton:

First of all, I am not Yoruba. Not everyone who tells you the truth to the face is.

You guys gotta learn to move with the times, especially your heads. Y'all be carrying that victim afflicted mentality everywhere like it's a trade.

Ok you are an abokî. What difference does it make? The same greed for other people's resources.

4 Likes

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by temptnow: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2016
DropShot:
No problems.

Only 30% of our earnings in June came from crude sale.

Very soon we will depend less and less on crude oil from Niger Delta region as a nation. And the criminals will also be brought to justice one way or tge other.
story for the gods. And how body dey do una for Abuja? Buhari will never use our oil to feed zombies

1 Like

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Legitbaba(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2016
DropShot:

The truth remains that it was Nigeria that invested in searching for the oil, invested in its exploration and all what not. And by the constitution of Nigeria, the oil is Nigeria's.

Good day and do have a nice day Dear Preye!

Seriously?? I thought you knew more than this, enlighten yourself a bit please

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/north-funding-nigerian-oil-industry/

1 Like

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by madenigga(m): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2016
Thunder fire una nd una Buhari, u want to use d 5percent resources to develop the 95percent then leave us with oil spills nd death, the military wud come nd we wud lie low, unless they wud stay in the Niger delta forever, d moment they leave the bombing wud continue.
Buhari nd his brothers Boki haram made Gej's govt ungovernable lets see who has d last laugh.
Buhari has commisioned at least one project in all the regions in Nigeria except ss/se nd we shud be hailing him...
Tribalistic president.
Ur tribalism nd greed wud kill u.

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Oksman(m): 10:44am On Aug 04, 2016
modath:

It is hard to seperate emotions but this mode of hit pipeline, retreat, govt repairs, hit again, repairs, and again and again won't make any difference and deep down you know it....

The militants are not serious about liberation, the few doing this aren't doing it for communal good, it's cos they have an axe to grind and surveillance contracts... Real freedom fighters are focused, detailed, swift and most of all "unrelenting". asking for amnesty for corrupt entities and co isn't ground for legitimate struggle.. end of story.
I have always respected your views on critical nationa issues but i beg to differ on this completely. In as much i do not support their method, they are doing what they feel will coerce the govt. to the negotiation table. Your definition of the 'qualities' of freedom fighters is absolutely wrong, study their method the palestinian freedom fighters make such silly demands for convicted mass murderers to be set free in exchange for innocent human lives, how about the taliban, abu sayyaf, che gueverra, jonas savimbi, the contra rebels
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2016
dearpreye:

Don't mind the thieves. Let them come and kill us all.

Every oppression has an expiry date.
There is no oppression worst than mental imprisonment. That's the case of many Nigerians and Niger Delta youths. Y' all need mental freedom. No one can give you that, It comes from within. Liberate yourself from it and you will see opportunities that abound.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2016
majekdom2:
There is no oppression worst than mental imprisonment. That's the case of many Nigerians and Niger Delta youths. Y' all need mental freedom. No one can give you that, It comes from within. Liberate yourself from it and you will see opportunities that abound.

Brother, this message may be for others but certainly not me. Mental freedom involves knowing there's some calculated oppression meted against you.

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Emyogalanya: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2016
Goodmorning sir if u just woke up, thanks for joining the programme it been on since 1914. Went off for about three years when ojukwu se program manager took it off air. But the program has continued to run since 1970. We thank nnamdi kanu for waking u up, at last after failed attempts by uwazulike. Well u can make ur contributions our line has been opened a long time ago. United nations pls take note
Izonpikin:
Let the FG use monies from the IGR of lagos and also monies accrued from the customs to fund the JV that should see the LNGs at brass and ondo and also the train 7 in bonny come to life...

The FG been bleeding the Niger delta dry...then later somebody would come out to tell me the FG invested in oil and gas assets..where did they get the money from From the same raped Niger delta oooo.... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Oksman(m): 11:29am On Aug 04, 2016
modath:

It is hard to seperate emotions but this mode of hit pipeline, retreat, govt repairs, hit again, repairs, and again and again won't make any difference and deep down you know it....

The militants are not serious about liberation, the few doing this aren't doing it for communal good, it's cos they have an axe to grind and surveillance contracts... Real freedom fighters are focused, detailed, swift and most of all "unrelenting". asking for amnesty for corrupt entities and co isn't ground for legitimate struggle.. end of story.
I have always respected your views on critical nationa issues but i beg to differ on this completely. In as much i do not support their method, they are known to employ unreasonable approach in their struggles to succeed. Your definition of the 'qualities' of freedom fighters is wrong, study their methods, the palestinian freedom fighters/terrorist, boko haram freedom fighters/terrorist, make silly demands for convicted mass murderers to be set free in exchange for innocent human lives, how about the talibans, abu sayyaf in phillipines, jonas savimbi in angola, the tupac amaru shakur in peru, they all have one thing in common, they employ criminalism and sabotage in their struggle and i don't expect them to be any different from their ilks. And mind you in as much as you disaggree with them, they always have the vast majority of the locals as their major supporters.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2016
malton:

First of all, I am not Yoruba. Not everyone who tells you the truth to the face is.

You guys gotta learn to move with the times, especially your heads. Y'all be carrying that victim afflicted mentality everywhere like it's a trade.

Only individuals with the right exposure would see the bolded is the problem with the ND.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 04, 2016
dearpreye:

Brother, this message may be for others but certainly not me. Mental freedom involves knowing there's some calculated oppression meted against you.
Just a few questions, pls do answer.
When did this calculated oppression start? Pls, don't tell me it was when oil was found.
How did the ND region survive before oil was found? Did they have revenues from the entity called "Nigeria"?
Is there any referendum to this cause?
Brother, except your state governors, house of reps and senate take up this issue as you and the NDAs are taking it, This fight will yield no results and that's what I mean by mental imprisonment. It comes with delusion an obsession. A thought/mental imagination that makes one believe something will happen when it is obvious that the situation surrounding the event and belief will never make it happen.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by madenigga(m): 11:44am On Aug 04, 2016
If we protest what happened in Zaria to the shiite, in abambra and abia to ipob nd in nassarawa to pensioners wud happen to us.
If we decide to use our law makers, even all d law makers in the south combined cant mk any difference not to talk of Niger delta alone.
What other path do u want us to tow, u think we re happy dat our people are being killed by d military nd our land destroyed?
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by modath(f): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
Oksman:

I have always respected your views on critical nationa issues but i beg to differ on this completely. In as much i do not support their method, they are known to employ unreasonable approach in their struggles to succeed. Your definition of the 'qualities' of freedom fighters is wrong, study their methods, the palestinian freedom fighters/terrorist, boko haram freedom fighters/terrorist, make silly demands for convicted mass murderers to be set free in exchange for innocent human lives, how about the talibans, abu sayyaf in phillipines, jonas savimbi in angola, the tupac amaru shakur in peru, they all have one thing in common, they employ criminalism and sabotage in their struggle and i don't expect them to be any different from their ilks. And mind you in as much as you disaggree with them, they always have the vast majority of the locals as their major supporters.

Thanks for your rejoinder, one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, BH asked to exchange some kidnapped people for their incarcerated members, every group will always try to negotiate with what they have and from their place of strength... ND are no different, it's a fact of life.

I don't disagree with the ND people or their methods (it's not within my power to object either ways), I'm just reiterating that it's a recipe for failure.... It didn't work in the past, isn't working now & it won't in future!! It's an agitation that is being prosecuted for pecuniary gains of some selected few... There is no sense of "Everybody wins"..once a group is settled, then it is Uhuru, with the major grouse unadressed... Ken Saro Wiwa didn't die for the mess the present crop of pipeline vandals are making of a noble cause...

If you observed, I highlighted "unrelenting", the sole reason for doing this is to show that, any struggle that can be "paused" for any reason other than the actualization of the goal will kill the spirit that propelled the initial agitation.... Focus was never part of it, the drivers of the movement didn't have an objective beyond "make we chop too"..... Did civil rights activists ever take pause till they got what they wanted? Now we have BLM, it's dynamic.

Taking amnesty & pipeline contracts killed the REAL struggle, what we have now is just some aggrieved people hiding under the umbrella (no pun intended) of "vengeance" to vent their frustration, nothing else.. The stupendous and obscene wealth of a few militant warlord effectively buried it.. we can however refuse to face reality and continue to run around in circles....

Thx..

1 Like

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Oksman(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
And they want development?
Goodluck with that.
Please oga define 'development' for us.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by HurtgenForest: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
DropShot:

You mean the other means is bombing of oil facilities and destruction of your land?

Please carry on.

Please suggest a way forward for the people of the ND to control their resources.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by dannyreports(m): 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
i am not supporting both d govt,and d nda,but i will say dis,naija needs restructuring,or seperation,d northern part of naija have held sway as d born to rule bigots,continuously dividing us to not to unite and cause a change in naija.take a tour of d oil communities and u would be close to tears,as a result of environmental degradation dat will hundreds of years to clean up,d north wont allow such and u say nigeria is united wallahi u are wrong.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by dannyreports(m): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
what , the niger delta has endured for over 50years, no other part will be able to bear up to that.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by dannyreports(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
d truth about these blow outs, are that, the oil dont spill as the system set up by the oil companies is computerized unlike wat they have us believe,spills are a fault of the companies,wat happens in d case of these blow outs,is dat as pressure to d pipes become low,or an anomally is detected d system shuts down,as d valve in d water,automatically closes , d crude shuts in,d remaining in d pipes go up in flames and no harm is done. So wen a blow out happens it does not spill,it is d companies dat are lying to tell us so.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by MXrep: 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
modath:

I just said it, humans can never be seperate from their emotional leanings, so I can never ever fault you for it but what is the FG stealing?

There is a constitution, it may be flawed but it empowers the FG to administer resources on and underneath the soil, irrespective of its location... there is no stealing of anything, Lagos ports serves the whole country, revenues derived from its use benefit everybody, it's the Law!

When you say the FG know what to do, I guess you mean resource control, that isn't going to happen, not because I have a problem with it but because the law makes no allowance for it..

I know throwing in 13%, amnesty, NDDC etc won't make my argument valid but still if those had been well managed, the story would have been different, Just read about how Orubebe shortchanged people due to be compensated for losing their properties to a road construction...Those are the leaders talking about oppression, right? Issokay.
you are even talking about Lagos port, another gross injustice to the eastern coastal areas. port is not a natural resource but an FG infrastructure that can be replicated anywhere along the coastline but FG are only interested in lifting oil in the eastern ports while making Lagos the only profitable port for consumer goods
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Pavarottii(m): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
Kingsasian:
These avengers are mad. Why don't they attack those politicians directly instead of making lives more difficult for the poor masses they said they are fighting for They should go to Abuja and bomb the mansions of those thieves.
Which politician did bokoharam bomb kill?
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by OlanreJohnson: 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
DropShot:

It's Nigeria oil. However, the country is ready to move on without it if the militants are bent on fruatrating the govt. But that doesn't mean any other body, apart from the FG will ever be able to do as they wish there. It will remain Nigeria's oil till thy kingdom cometh.

Calm down, it's too early to give up on 'oyel' money. You don tire to pour 'oyel'' inside your bearded yoruba muslim mouth?

When a community rejects you, there is little or nothing you can do about that. Go and plant cocoa and bring the money to the center let's also share. We will support a 1% derivative for your cocoa planting community. deal? cheesy
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by OlanreJohnson: 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
dearpreye:

Emergency environmental impact assessor.

lmao! cheesy grin grin
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Oksman(m): 11:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
modath:

Thanks for your rejoinder, one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, BH asked to exchange some kidnapped people for their incarcerated members, every group will always try to negotiate with what they have and from their place of strength... ND are no different, it's a fact of life.

I don't disagree with the ND people or their methods (it's not within my power to object either ways), I'm just reiterating that it's a recipe for failure.... It didn't work in the past, isn't working now & it won't in future!! It's an agitation that is being prosecuted for pecuniary gains of some selected few... There is no sense of "Everybody wins"..once a group is settled, then it is Uhuru, with the major grouse unadressed... Ken Saro Wiwa didn't die for the mess the present crop of pipeline vandals are making of a noble cause...

If you observed, I highlighted "unrelenting", the sole reason for doing this is to show that, any struggle that can be "paused" for any reason other than the actualization of the goal will kill the spirit that propelled the initial agitation.... Focus was never part of it, the drivers of the movement didn't have an objective beyond "make we chop too"..... Did civil rights activists ever take pause till they got what they wanted? Now we have BLM, it's dynamic.

Taking amnesty & pipeline contracts killed the REAL struggle, what we have now is just some aggrieved people hiding under the umbrella (no pun intended) of "vengeance" to vent their frustration, nothing else.. The stupendous and obscene wealth of a few militant warlord effectively buried it.. we can however refuse to face reality and continue to run around in circles....

Thx..
Your views on this matter is quite incisive and thoughtful, i just hope that the fed. govt. would find a lasting solution to this problem before it becomes unmanageable, tnx and God bless.
Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by modath(f): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2016
MXrep:

you are even talking about Lagos port, another gross injustice to the eastern coastal areas. port is not a natural resource but an FG infrastructure that can be replicated anywhere along the coastline but FG are only interested in lifting oil in the eastern ports while making Lagos the only profitable port for consumer goods

Let's analyse this since you are being civil...

Are you aware that Jonathan proposed huge waivers for importers to use Onne but they bluntly refused? They also claimed that it's more expensive for ocean liners and that the amount of sea pirates (a product of militancy and criminality in that area) around that area is alarming....

FG isn't making Lagos the most profitable, circumstances did that... Population is a major business driver, Lagos also is the most accessible for west African neighbours... Business never thrives on sentiments, it's purely about profit and loss, business folks will always choose the quickest route to recouping their investments and maximum gain...

kindly do your research and fault this if I'm not being factual.. I'm waiting... Thx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta by Jazzman44: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
DropShot:

It's Nigeria oil. However, the country is ready to move on without it if the militants are bent on fruatrating the govt. But that doesn't mean any other body, apart from the FG will ever be able to do as they wish there. It will remain Nigeria's oil till thy kingdom cometh.

Its statements like this that divided Nigeria into sections and brew hatred amongst its citizens . rada dan condem the action and leave it at that. Please can you sincerely answer this question? Who owns d gold in zamfara that is mined illegally without military bombarding their land or them called criminals? If the illegal miners can be said to be forming cooperatives to become legal why is the illegal bunkery nt allowed to form cooperatives but called criminals and bombed?
Just asking simple common sense questions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Owes Iocs $5.1b, Says NNPC / Abaribe Finally Betrays Nnamdi Kanu - PHOTOS / Oil Boom Likely In Northern Nigeria -experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.