Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon (840 Views)

I Will Reveal Why We Lost In 2015 When Buhari And Others Leave Office - Jonathan / Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon / Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by tommykiwi(m): 8:54am On Aug 04, 2016
Sen. Shehu Sani, the Vice Chairman, Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, has urged former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd) to author a book on the Nigerian Civil War.

Sani, who led a delegation of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) on a visit to the former head of state in Abuja on Wednesday, said the book would tell Gowon’s side of the story.

According to the lawmaker, it has become expedient for the 82 year old former head of state to tell Nigerians what actually transpired in view of the numerous versions written by many authors.He said the history of Nigeria would not be complete if Nigerians did not get his side of the story.

He added that it was important for the former head of state to author such a book having played a major role in uniting the country in the after the war.

“Your silence to us is full of content. Perhaps, if you go without writing your own side of the story you will be indebted to the future generation of Nigeria.

“ I wonder what goes through your mind when you go read what people write about the civil war.

“I am here to protest your refusal to write a book on the civil war under moral gunpoint.

“Perhaps there are things you are avoiding – things you think are explosive; but Nigerians deserve to be told the truth.

“Truth hurts, but it heals.

“You must write a book for us to know what we passed through before getting here.

“Every Nigerian – dead and alive – appreciates your role,’’ he said.

The lawmaker further said that authoring a book like that would afford Nigerians, who were not conscious during the war, the opportunity to know what actually happened.

Responding, Gowon said he was already working on his autobiography and promised to publish it in 2017.

“Thank you for coming to make a request for me to tell my story – a story you have not heard from me personally.

“When I read what people were saying after my overthrow, I said I would not trust any journalist.

“I am working on my autobiography.

“It should have come out in 1980, but within the next year, something will come,’’ he assured. (NAN)

Source...http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/04/nigerian-civil-war-will-reveal-side-story-2017-gowon/

Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:59am On Aug 04, 2016
We all know what happened. Anything you claim unknown and is yet to be reviewed are nothing but lies.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by Thewrath(m): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2016
I see
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by seunwen2(m): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2016
Oya we dey wait
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by thewarrior72: 9:11am On Aug 04, 2016
God punish gowon and his entire household. The current calamity and destruction bedeviling middle beltans is just the begining.,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by Tolexander: 9:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Every actor has his side of the story to tell about the incidence ensuing the civil war. It won't be nice not hearing Yakubu Gowon's side of the story, though everything can't be true.

Even Chinua Achebe who was parading himself in US as a Biafran Ambassador at the time published his own side of the event.
As for the FTC guy above. He only posted just to occupy the space.

This thread is a bomb!
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by Juxtified(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2016
tommykiwi:

“Every Nigerian – dead and alive – appreciates your role,’’

The bitter elements will not agree with that.

UrennaNkoli:
We all know what happened. Anything you claim unknown and is yet to be reviewed are nothing but lies.

Like this one who has not even heard what he has to say but already has a closed mind.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by Tolexander: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2016
thewarrior72:
God punish gowon and his entire household. The current calamity and destruction bedeviling middle beltans is just the begining.,
and God hasn't punished Odumegwu Ojukwu and his household?
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by thewarrior72: 9:43am On Aug 04, 2016
Tolexander:
and God hasn't punished Odumegwu Ojukwu and his household?
AFONJA becareful, because i dont engage in discuss with people from ur neck of the wood. Look for ur fellow sai baba chanters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by Tolexander: 9:53am On Aug 04, 2016
thewarrior72:

AFONJA becareful, because i dont engage in discuss with people from ur neck of the wood. Look for ur fellow sai baba chanters
ugu seller, where do you get the ugu? not on the neck of wood?
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by chiefmidwife: 10:15am On Aug 04, 2016
Whether he tells his own side of the story or not the truth is that Hausa/fulani used Gowon and dump him and his middle beltans
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2016
Biafra will never come
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by chernest2002: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2016
What will a criminal say in his act if not lies,I have read the history of aburi accord and i saw that Gowon has nothing to say here, he committed the genocide because he fill he have the army to conquer then, just like who we have today he is ready to repeat the same, but how is platue state doing today? Is it not tears and sorrows everyday? Do you want to tell me that Gowon is living as a happy man today? Seeing how his own people are being killed daily, Gowon will never know peace both here and beyond.
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by xprezboy: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2016
gowon is a gambari -fulani, he is one of the killers of dz present generation.
he should bury his head in shame.
he had the opportunity to restructure dz zoo but he failed, due to his selfish interest. just bcz of map distortion, dz senior ineffectual buffon held us in hausa-fulani captivity.
the war in North East of Nigeria has clearly shown dt the NA cannot withstand mass action.
When it's dawn everyone will goes to his father's house (sardauna of fulani hegemony )
At the appropriate time God will break up dz nation by raising up new jephtas and Gideons among his people.
God Almighty did not create Nigeria, he directed the course of Niger and Benue Rivers to separate us from the descendants of Othman Dan fodio,
SELF DETERMINATION IS A RIGHT, NOT A PRIVILEGE.
BIAFRA MUST BE
NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC MUST BE
OODUA REPUBLIC MUST BE
AREWA (BOOK HARAM)REPUBLIC MUST BE
MIDDLE BELT REPUBLIC MUST BE.
WHAT THE HAUSA FULANI FEAR WILL SURELY HUNT DM.
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by HurtgenForest: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by madenigga(m): 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon by evilapc: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2016
What I keep asking the suffercated afonjas and their abo.ki masters, why can't live separately with others? What makes them desperately want a country with biafrans in it?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Niger Delta Group Attacks Rivers, Blows Bera Pipeline / Sergeant Cheer Agba Is Alive!!! / PDP Leaders Hasten To Pay Homage To Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.