Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? (1466 Views)

I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) / Nigerian Passport Renewal Wait Time In The U.K Is A Joke / SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? by Delightd: 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hello,

Can anyone please advise me on how exactly to deal with is issue

1. I bought a flight ticket from Wakanow for a family member and paid for travel insurance since February 27th 2016
2. Their office accepted the funds for the payment
3. I lost the family member during the journey (after the first leg of the light)
5. On June 17th 2016, I wrote Wakanow, explaining the incident and asking for the insurance coverage as covered for the flight. I also provided them with the death certificate.
6. Then Wakanow turned around 360 degrees to tell me that they want to make a refund on the insurance fee that I paid because the insurance was not issued – this is the information that they are giving me 4 MONTHS after I paid for the insurance.
7. I replied them and informed them that I do not accept their refund on the insurance and that an attempt to do that will be used as a further evidence fraud in this matter.

I sent my response on June 30th. Since that time till date, Wakanow have neither contacted me nor replied any of my email.

I absolutely do not understand what they mean by the statement that the insurance was not generated. That statement looks so mischievous and I can only interpret it as a calculated attempt to be dubious.

Can someone provide some advice please.
Re: Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? by maxti: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
Kindly get a good lawyer.
The email sent by them is also a big evidence against them.

Take time to Read n understand the provisions of the insurance.

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? by Delightd: 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Wakanow called me on phone this morning. The officer sounded very polite and apologized for the delay in response to my issues. She said that my file just came to her desk and that she called to follow-up. That I should give her a few days to work on the file and get back to me. To me this is much better than being ignored and I hopefully expect that this issue will be resolved amicably. I will try to update if we get a solution or my resolve to other ways of getting my rights.
Re: Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? by hotice20: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2016
Well, I have used Wakanow's service a couple of times and the experience was great. I booked a trip to SA in March and from the customer service guys who attended to me to the airport pick-up and drop-off, I was really excited, more because I have used other platforms & didn't enjoy the kind of service I got with Wakanow. Well, let's wait for what their response is. I know those guys to be cool and professional.
Re: Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? by Delightd: 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello all,

I am writing to update my experience. A senior officer at Wakanow contacted me on phone some months ago and stated that my file and case has just been brought to her table and that she will follow-up with me and the case to ensure that it is resolved fully. She promised that my confidence in Wakanow will be restored at the end of the resolution. It did take some time but she did as she promised. Today, everything has been fully resolved and I am happy with the outcome.

Thank you all and thanks to the team at Wakanow that looked into the case.

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? by untainted: 7:12am On Dec 10, 2016
@OP,
Great job!
Re: Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? by Acube2: 9:47am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello House,

Wakanow is presently dealing with me.
They didn't not confirm my bookings, one 585k, one 645k, another 583k , after several emails and calls, until I booked a 700k ticket, that's when they financed it with my outstanding fund(for three days) and no confirmation email. One of their staff even asked for a credit b4 he would treat my request. Which I sent(ibhave the scfeenshot). Then I saw a new ticket of 460k, and I booked it, that's when they said they have already issued a ticket for the 700k(thats when they now sent a confirmation email). I was told by a an insider I have there that there is no big deal in it, that they can cancel that ticket and finance a new one. But they insisted it's too late.
Bottom line: I booked several low fare, they didn't issue a ticket, Infact I was told several times that the person handling my transaction is on leave, so they can't treat until he is back. They are now issuing a ticket for a high fare. So unfair!!!
I am not gonna let this slide. I would deal with them, because of their next victim.
So I am making this go viral on both twitter and facebook. #wakanowisascam. I need ur support.
I am working in conjunction with two SUG presidents, we are getting more than 5m retweets.
I would feed u back as it goes.
Thanks you

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Issuing Authority / France / I’m In Ireland Because I Ran Away From My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.