Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye (30634 Views)

Profile Of Olabiyi Durojaiye: NCC Chairman / How To Criticise Buhari And Get Away With It - Ayo Sogunro / I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 05, 2016
That is part of the reason why a restructuring is needed.

The old timers know they might not survive a better system than what we currently have. This system is rigged to keep them in power forever and to ensure they remain relevant. How can barely a year after assuming office, they are proposing lifetime pensions when they haven't done anything to deserve their current pay?

A change in the governing structure would definitely mean old loyalties are renegotiated and new ones formed. This federal system is not workable. Even big companies to survive try to run units independently of each other. We can't have a giant centre doling our instructions to large federal institutions like police, ports and financial markets without politics and ethnicity creeping up to truncate any progress made.

Nigeria has been stagnated too much by these old timers and we must learn from this 50 year old mistake or be doomed to repeat them
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:17am On Aug 05, 2016
obailala:

When will the older generation let go and hand over to the youths?

The above is a question Nigeria's docile youths have been asking for ages and which still begs for an answer. But the fact is that it is a meaningless question which actually deserves no answer. If an answer must be given, it would be that the Nigerian youths aren't ready for leadership yet. And for as long as the youths arent ready yet, leadership will never get to them.

@Tonye, take a look at all the examples of youths from other nations you gave above, did any of them sit back like suckling toddlers waiting for someone to spoon feed them by handing them the mantle of leadership on a platter?

Power doesn't come as a gift or on a platter of gold. Young people must do something different to be able to dislodge the elders... Maybe a formidable and ideological based party

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by madridsta007(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Earlier this morning, I received a call from a member of my palmchat social media circle probing my silence on the appointment of 84-years old Otunba Senator Biyi Durojaiye as the new Chairman of Nigeria Communication Commission, a sector unarguably dominated by young people. Though I wasn't impressed by the appointment of Otunba Biyi, and I see it as another setback in the agitation for a generational shift in leadership, I still couldn't help but do a retrospection in PDP, that I am unfortunately aligned with at the moment to check whether it is any different.

About 24hours after the appointment of Otunba Durojaiye, the Makarfi led Caretaker Committee of the PDP released a 248-member National Convention Committee list and another 80-member Finance Committee list for the Convention. A look at the 328 Member Combined list will show names of those that came, saw and never conquered. No single individual within the youth age of 18-35 was considered. In the list, there are lots of people that are even in their Seventies(official age). On sighting the list, I told some members of my clique that young people are in trouble in both parties. Then I asked "What is the difference between the appointment of  Senator Durojaiye and the PDP Convention Committee list?"

APC AND PDP DON'T CARE ABOUT THE YOUTH
If you take a look at the ministers appointed by the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, the "youngest" minister as at time of appointment was/is Abubakar Malami (SAN), who is the  Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. How "young" is he? He was 48years as at time of appointment in 2015, and now 49. Kemi Adeosun, the finance minister that people call "young" is also 49(a month older than Malami). Meanwhile, the Youth Policy in Nigeria defines youths as citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria within the age of 18–35 years. In other words, there is NOT a single Youth within Buhari cabinet... Even the Youth Affairs Minister is 54 years of age.

Under the last administration, the only youth that made it into the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan was Dr Nurudeen Mohammed, who was appointed at age 35, though the appointment was commendable, he was however relegated to the position of junior minister despite his performance in the Senate during screening exercise. Meanwhile, the former President would later appoint a 58years old two-time former Governor of Adamawa state, Boni Haruna as "Youth Minister". He would also appoint an 80years old Dr. Christopher Kolade as Head of Sure-P, and an 80-years old Bamangar Tukur as "Ambassador at Large". For those that may be unaware, Tukur was a Governor of Gongola state in 1983 (36years ago).

In truth, political appointment in this part of the world is about "sharing" the spoils among party top chieftains and not based on factors that will push the country forward. This is the norm in both PDP and APC, and unfortunately for young people, they are never considered in the scheme of things because they were not among the "FOUNDING FATHERS" of either parties.  The interesting thing about the whole event is that both APC and PDP have a form of established barter system where there is an unwritten code that mandates both parties to heavily reward any chieftain that switches camps.  This privilege is only reserved for "elder chieftains' not rank and file youths.

THE CHIEFTAINS OF PARTIES IN BOTH APC AND PDP WILL CONTINUE TO HOLD SWAY
If you look at both parties, for one to emerge as candidate for General election or Conventions, he must win popular votes among the "delegates" of the party. Who are these delegates?

While some may assume that the "youths" from both camps can mobilise themselves with their clear majority, both parties constitution doesn't work that way.

In the PDP for instance, to elect a governorship candidate, the party constitution provides that each ward will present 3 delegates, of which one will be a woman. To provide shield in case of hijack, the party provides that there shall be "AUTOMATIC DELEGATES". These automatic delegates include, National Chairman and Members of the National Executive Committee, Elected office holders from the state, Members of the Zonal and State Executive Committee,   LG Party Secretary, Treasurer, Youth Leader and Woman Leader, Former members of state Working Committee,  Former Governor and Deputy produced by the Party and  Former Speakers & Deputy Speakers.

A look at the "automatic delegates" has given the "Chieftains" undue advantage in the whole process. We shouldn't even forget that even the ward congress is organised by the chieftains and their wish stays. This is not different from APC... Well, their party after all.

NIGERIA NEEDS 21ST CENTURY LEADERSHIP
Nigeria is in a quagmire because the people that were the problem are the same group of people parading themselves as the solution, even when they either lack the cognitive skill required of 21st century leadership or they are simply there to further their business.

Our present crop of Governors and LGA Chairmen are unable to use modern skills to achieve wealth creation, neither are they able to utilise various resources in their domain to shoot IGR upward. Shamefully, most of them believe that governance is about sitting in the office and waiting for oil money to share. Some see governance as frivolty like  posing for pictures with the poor and those in need of good governance. Sadly, they couldn't consider it wise to appoint smart brains as Special Advisers to help shaping their administration.

NIGERIA YOUTHS MUST STEP UP
Nigeria Youths must arise. Our South African neighbours have grown beyond youth being part of governance but moved to young people taking over reins of power. Unlike Nigeria that keep permuting men of mid and late 50s-60s to succeed Buhari, South Africans are permuting lads of 33-45 to succeed Jacob Zuma in 2019.  We need a change in orientation and take that leap of faith for the sake of Nigeria and our future.

THE POWER OF YOUTHS
In 2013, a group of SA youths led by 33years old Julius Malema, a former President of ANC Youth Wing formed a political party called Economic Freedom Fighters. In 2015 August, they successfully secured a judgement from the Constitutional Court to order President Jacob Zuma and the Speaker to payback state funds that was used for personal effect. Before the judgement, the party participated in 2014 Parliamentary election and won a whopping TWENTY-FIVE seats out of 400 in the National Assembly, and Seven out of 90 in the National Council of Province. These are in addition to seats won in various provinces. In fact, they became the third force in South Africa.

In 2014 a 17-years old Joshua Wong, and other teenagers including Agnes Chow and Oscar Lai, and 21-years old Nathan law led fellow students to shut down Hong Kong for almost two months due to unfavorable pro-China policy. Even after the protest, these lads went ahead to form a Political Party in April 2016 Demosistō. Nathan Law(23) is the Chairman, Oscar Lai is Vice Chairman, and Joshua Wong is Secretary general. A key agenda in their manifesto is self-determination for Hong Kong people, and they have been growing in popularity despite government persecution.

I believe that I have said a lot. I wish to take a pause at this juncture.

As for my PDP friends, before you criticise Buhari for appointing an 84-years old man as NCC Chairman, please ask yourself whether or not PDP considered a youth in their own appointment. As for those young people that are justifying the appointment, I leave you to your conscience.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

I personally get frustrated and disgusted with Nigerians when they attempt to rationalise Buhari with the 'PDP did the same' statement. Are you now so amnesiac that you forget that APC were voted in because they vowed to CHANGE the way things were run?

Have you forgotten that so soon?

It's a tad silly presenting that very weak defence for Buhari and APC and, I'll further add, it assumes that Nigerians are poor in memory to recall 2015 and its campaigns.

Buhari has and will continue to associate and work with septuagenarians and octogenarians. Anyone that expresses surprise on this is simply another Nigerian that has failed to read about the man. That has ALWAYS been his style in leadership. Unless you want to pretend to yourself.

An octogenarian is not CHANGE. Stop the tepid rationalisations.

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:42am On Aug 05, 2016
hopsydboi:
Food for thought....
But on other note. The question is how many of our youth are incorruptible like this old folks? What different with it make.
The youths you mentioned for both SA n Hong Kong, the difference they made wasn't as a result of their ages. It more of dignity and personality.
Large people paid thru their university days for grades I know how uneasy it could be. But we need extra-ordinary youth with a difference. I know they are out there but
We like been quiet grin
A system most times influences the actions of people.

For instance, Lagosians are used to rushing to board buses, but when Fashola came he introduced a BRT system that saw people queuing to board these buses. You see he had to change the system.

Before now Lagosians are used to disregarding pedestrian bridges to cross express roads, but when it became a crime you could see them queuing at Ojota.

Like I said a system influence behaviour and same overseers of a bad system or their stooges can't change a system that they are selfishly benefiting from.

I hope you get me clearly....

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Kay03: 7:47am On Aug 05, 2016
Very nice write up, but to say the PDP list doesn't contain anyone within the age bracket of 18-35 isn't completely correct. Barr. Omosede Igbinedion is on that last and she just turned 35 this year. More power to your elbow.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 05, 2016
....Senile, self-serving crooks across boards!..nig is overdue for a revolution.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TruthisOut: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Earlier this morning, I received a call from a member of my palmchat social media circle probing my silence on the appointment of 84-years old Otunba Senator Biyi Durojaiye as the new Chairman of Nigeria Communication Commission, a sector unarguably dominated by young people. Though I wasn't impressed by the appointment of Otunba Biyi, and I see it as another setback in the agitation for a generational shift in leadership, I still couldn't help but do a retrospection in PDP, that I am unfortunately aligned with at the moment to check whether it is any different.

About 24hours after the appointment of Otunba Durojaiye, the Makarfi led Caretaker Committee of the PDP released a 248-member National Convention Committee list and another 80-member Finance Committee list for the Convention. A look at the 328 Member Combined list will show names of those that came, saw and never conquered. No single individual within the youth age of 18-35 was considered. In the list, there are lots of people that are even in their Seventies(official age). On sighting the list, I told some members of my clique that young people are in trouble in both parties. Then I asked "What is the difference between the appointment of  Senator Durojaiye and the PDP Convention Committee list?"

If you take a look at the ministers appointed by the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, the "youngest" minister as at time of appointment was/is Abubakar Malami (SAN), who is the  Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. How "young" is he? He was 48years as at time of appointment in 2015, and now 49. Kemi Adeosun, the finance minister that people call "young" is also 49(a month older than Malami). Meanwhile, the Youth Policy in Nigeria defines youths as citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria within the age of 18–35 years. In other words, there is NOT a single Youth within Buhari cabinet... Even the Youth Affairs Minister is 54 years of age.

Under the last administration, the only youth that made it into the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan was Dr Nurudeen Mohammed, who was appointed at age 35, though the appointment was commendable, he was however relegated to the position of junior minister despite his performance in the Senate during screening exercise. Meanwhile, the former President would later appoint a 58years old two-time former Governor of Adamawa state, Boni Haruna as "Youth Minister". He would also appoint an 80years old Dr. Christopher Kolade as Head of Sure-P, and an 80-years old Bamangar Tukur as "Ambassador at Large". For those that may be unaware, Tukur was a Governor of Gongola state in 1983 (36years ago).

In truth, political appointment in this part of the world is about "sharing" the spoils among party top chieftains and not based on factors that will push the country forward. This is the norm in both PDP and APC, and unfortunately for young people, they are never considered in the scheme of things because they were not among the "FOUNDING FATHERS" of either parties.  The interesting thing about the whole event is that both APC and PDP have a form of established barter system where there is an unwritten code that mandates both parties to heavily reward any chieftain that switches camps.  This privilege is only reserved for "elder chieftains' not rank and file youths.

If you look at both parties, for one to emerge as candidate for General election or Conventions, he must win popular votes among the "delegates" of the party. Who are these delegates?

While some may assume that the "youths" from both camps can mobilise themselves with their clear majority, both parties constitution doesn't work that way.

In the PDP for instance, to elect a governorship candidate, the party constitution provides that each ward will present 3 delegates, of which one will be a woman. To provide shield in case of hijack, the party provides that there shall be "AUTOMATIC DELEGATES". These automatic delegates include, National Chairman and Members of the National Executive Committee, Elected office holders from the state, Members of the Zonal and State Executive Committee,   LG Party Secretary, Treasurer, Youth Leader and Woman Leader, Former members of state Working Committee,  Former Governor and Deputy produced by the Party and  Former Speakers & Deputy Speakers.

A look at the "automatic delegates" has given the "Chieftains" undue advantage in the whole process. We shouldn't even forget that even the ward congress is organised by the chieftains and their wish stays. This is not different from APC... Well, their party after all.

Nigeria is in a quagmire because the people that were the problem are the same group of people parading themselves as the solution, even when they either lack the cognitive skill required of 21st century leadership or they are simply there to further their business.

Our present crop of Governors and LGA Chairmen are unable to use modern skills to achieve wealth creation, neither are they able to utilise various resources in their domain to shoot IGR upward. Shamefully, most of them believe that governance is about sitting in the office and waiting for oil money to share. Some see governance as frivolty like  posing for pictures with the poor and those in need of good governance. Sadly, they couldn't consider it wise to appoint smart brains as Special Advisers to help shaping their administration.

Nigeria Youths must arise. Our South African neighbours have grown beyond youth being part of governance but moved to young people taking over reins of power. Unlike Nigeria that keep permuting men of mid and late 50s-60s to succeed Buhari, South Africans are permuting lads of 33-45 to succeed Jacob Zuma in 2019.  We need a change in orientation and take that leap of faith for the sake of Nigeria and our future.

THE POWER OF YOUTHS
In 2013, a group of SA youths led by 33years old Julius Malema, a former President of ANC Youth Wing formed a political party called Economic Freedom Fighters. In 2015 August, they successfully secured a judgement from the Constitutional Court to order President Jacob Zuma and the Speaker to payback state funds that was used for personal effect. Before the judgement, the party participated in 2014 Parliamentary election and won a whopping TWENTY-FIVE seats out of 400 in the National Assembly, and Seven out of 90 in the National Council of Province. These are in addition to seats won in various provinces. In fact, they became the third force in South Africa.

In 2014 a 17-years old Joshua Wong, and other teenagers including Agnes Chow and Oscar Lai, and 21-years old Nathan law led fellow students to shut down Hong Kong for almost two months due to unfavorable pro-China policy. Even after the protest, these lads went ahead to form a Political Party in April 2016 Demosistō. Nathan Law(23) is the Chairman, Oscar Lai is Vice Chairman, and Joshua Wong is Secretary general. A key agenda in their manifesto is self-determination for Hong Kong people, and they have been growing in popularity despite government persecution.

As for my PDP friends, before you criticise Buhari for appointing an 84-years old man as NCC Chairman, please ask yourself whether or not PDP considered a youth in their own appointment. As for those young people that are justifying the appointment, I leave you to your conscience.

For comparing APC and PDP in your analysis....I will say it is a junk analysis and a complete waste of time. The Nigerian state is bigger than any political party and such what Buhari did is not advisable.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by higherpower: 7:56am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
SA Democratic Alliance 36 years old party leader Maimane

SA EFF 36Years old Party leader Malema

Hong kong Demosistō Party leaders(All under 24)

Nigeria APC Leaders

Nigeria PDP Leaders

If a 36 year old guy or lady calls for a meeting without giving u monetary incentive, will u attend that meeting again? Talk is cheap because data is cheap too.

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by ArcFresky(m): 8:02am On Aug 05, 2016
Op, you sloke my mind. Cant we form our own party? Made entirely of young people.

All these old people wont stand a chance, since Nigeria has a lot of young angry unemployed people.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

A system most times influences the actions of people.

For instance, Lagosians are used to rushing to board buses, but when Fashola came he introduced a BRT system that saw people queuing to board these buses. You see he had to change the system.

Before now Lagosians are used to disregarding pedestrian bridges to cross express roads, but when it became a crime you could see them queuing at Ojota.

Like I said a system influence behaviour and same overseers of a bad system or their stooges can't change a system that they are selfishly benefiting from.

I hope you get me clearly....

Well said, I can't defend that in total logic, this is Nigeria .

But there r some that still stands! Right now am on pressure to pay for a course in my finals, something I never did even from waecs days, after d man took me to Ecuador on a 3unit n one Denmark . lols

System or not you also know right what am saying large number of nigerian youth are not better, when given the chance they see it as advantage for themselves
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 05, 2016
ArcFresky:
Op, you sloke my mind. Cant we form our own party? Made entirely of young people.

All these old people wont stand a chance, since Nigeria has a lot of young angry unemployed people.

Mention me when it time but please make it worthy
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2016
TruthisOut:

For comparing APC and PDP in your analysis....I will say it is a junk analysis and a complete waste of time. The Nigerian state is bigger than any political party and such what Buhari did is not advisable.
No one justified or rationalised the appointment.... Read again and you will get the message...
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2016
TruthisOut:

Nigeria state is bigger than any political party? What have you been able to do to all their nepotism, favouritism, bribery n corruption, fund mismanagement and embezzlement over the years! If you can't see the truth in his analysis, you are one of them and you are a thief grin cheesy

Yes thief! The ones that steal our money! Thief! grin
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by obailala(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Power doesn't come as a gift or on a platter of gold. Young people must do something different to be able to dislodge the elders... Maybe a formidable and ideological based party
Absolutely, no one gives power to anyone, power should be taken. Hence why I shake my head whenever I see or hear people lamenting how the older generation does not want to handover power to the youths.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:22am On Aug 05, 2016
Suprnov3r:
That is part of the reason why a restructuring is needed.

The old timers know they might not survive a better system than what we currently have. This system is rigged to keep them in power forever and to ensure they remain relevant. How can barely a year after assuming office, they are proposing lifetime pensions when they haven't done anything to deserve their current pay?

A change in the governing structure would definitely mean old loyalties are renegotiated and new ones formed. This federal system is not workable. Even big companies to survive try to run units independently of each other. We can't have a giant centre doling our instructions to large federal institutions like police, ports and financial markets without politics and ethnicity creeping up to truncate any progress made.

Nigeria has been stagnated too much by these old timers and we must learn from this 50 year old mistake or be doomed to repeat them
Let me tell you...
The young Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Urhobo, Middle beltans, a section of enlightened Fulani etc want a restructured system. But the elite from ALL GROUPS don't want it. Don't be deceived by their rhetoric.

As I'm talking to you, constitution amendment process us ongoing, Ike Ekweremadu(Igbo, PDP) is the Chairman, with Lasun(Yoruba,APC) as cochairman. But NOBODY has made any submission for that other that life pension for themselves. A restructured Nigeria will not be good for their business and you won't expect them to lead it. Never
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:31am On Aug 05, 2016
hopsydboi:

Well said, I can't defend that in total logic, this is Nigeria .

But there r some that still stands! Right now am on pressure to pay for a course in my finals, something I never did even from waecs days, after d man took me to Ecuador on a 3unit n one Denmark . lols

System or not you also know right what am saying large number of nigerian youth are not better, when given the chance they see it as advantage for themselves

We have a system that has been vices appear like virtue. As a student you are expected to part with money to satisfy some lecturers to pass to the next stage. You can't report to the authorities because they are part of the fraud. You can't report to the Education ministry because it is exercise in futility. So most students started becoming "used to it" and would even boast how they settled for grade, the lecturers on the other hand began to see settlement as a form of entitlement that must not be denied by the student.

But just a systematic leadership change that punishes this vice will help in taking care of it.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:43am On Aug 05, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
Sweet post.. For peeps way get sense..

But unfortunately, some baskards would soon jump in to start chanting Sai baba that has drained their brains into dry nuts...

SMH for Nigerian yoots.. .

Hahahahahahaha

Will they ever learn?

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by indomitable234: 8:52am On Aug 05, 2016
very insightful post,this shouldnt be about political affiliation or not it should be about charging us up we the youth of seeking more participation in the political process of this country,building a silent revolution to take powers.We have to drop our alliegiance to the political parties in power and build a platform in achieving this dream,we have the social media to our advantage and also our population
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista
Thanks alot for this article
You have really hit on the nail
But, many Youths will never buy to your points.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by drss2(m): 9:02am On Aug 05, 2016
funy enough same op is recognizing energetic youths like joshua wong n agnes chow's campaign of self determination for hongkong, yet crusifying Nnamdi Kanu's campaign of self determination for B...i.....a..fra.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08am On Aug 05, 2016
drss2:
funy enough same op is recognizing energetic youths like joshua wong n agnes chow's campaign of self determination for hongkong, yet crusifying Nnamdi Kanu's campaign of self determination for B...i.....a..fra.
I NEVER criticised NK for championing Bi...a...f. Check my history and get the position...
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by indomitable234: 9:20am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

THE POWER OF YOUTHS

[img]http://d19lga30codh7.cloudfront.net/wp- oppcontent/uploads/2012/03/Jery-Gana.jpg[/img]
permission to share this on all my social media circle
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 05, 2016
The abacus generation cannot take this ipad generation to the promised land. Therefore, we are in s state of economical stagnation till the abacus generation dies out. Hopefully the ipad generation will not be obsolete before they do
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Guy, I have to be honest with you, as much as I condemn the appointment, I have to admit that it is same thing at all parties especially among the "founding fathers". Let's stop this blame game and consider what to do to change the tide

Let me tell you, this is how things will remain for long. You need money for politics in Nigeria. Those aged folks are the richest here. Their super-rich children (youths) are bound to do the wishes of their parents. Because they inherit whatever their fathers amash. I can bet my two balls that you are not poor, but you may not have up to 1m naira in your bank account. Assuming you have up to that, can you spend it on politics, a venture where dividends are not realistic?

These worn out elders have billions of naira to throw around. No sane youth will damn the consequences and oppose them.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2016
indomitable234:
permission to share this on all my social media circle
Ride on bro...
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by fromnigeria(m): 10:00am On Aug 05, 2016
As always, TonyeBarcanista, you have opined so well.
Seems like you are the only good thing aBout PDP. You mean well for Nigeria. Well done.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by DaCharis2016: 10:04am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
SA Democratic Alliance 36 years old party leader Maimane

SA EFF 36Years old Party leader Malema

Hong kong Demosistō Party leaders(All under 24)

BUT DO THE YOUTH HAVE A POLITICAL PARTY? TO START WITH

I THINK IF THEY START WITH FORMATION OF A YOUTH-ONLY PARTY IT WILL BE NICE AND VERY SERIOUS OF THEY.

Nigeria APC Leaders

Nigeria PDP Leaders
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by kaeycea(m): 10:13am On Aug 05, 2016
well written; however, such dreams of having a youth political leader will become a reality when youths of like mind come together to map out a concrete plan towards actualisation of such a dream.
This article and many more will end up stimulating minds but without a concrete and practicable road map towards achieving this goal, it might be an exercise in futility.
When finally there is a workable framework to achieve this goal, how will the challenge of sabouter and sell-out aimed at derailing the project by the present beneficiary of the status quo be handled
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by donem: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2016
tomakint:

TOUCHE! You shall live long bro. Indeed you have eyes that SEE and not the ones that LOOK. However I am still of the opinion that we still have some bright minded youths who can still take Nigeria to the Promised Land amidst us. I belong to that family
let's all team up n start up something?
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by donem: 10:21am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Lol you are funny
Nice writeup boss I hold u in very high esteem, please endeavor to mention me whenever u come up with masterpiece such as this.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by tymdan(m): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2016
It is lugubrious to say the least. Thats we the youths have been relegated to this level after all our age grade achieved for Nigeria... including but not limited to independence and natuonalism.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by obailala(m): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2016
drss2:
TonyeBarcanista:

I NEVER criticised NK for championing Bi...a...f. Check my history and get the position...
I thought Kanu was 48 years old?... Is he also supposed to be a youth?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abubakar Hassan, Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (pics) / NDA: Personnel On CCTV Duty Were Not Asleep. Search For Major Datong Is On - DHQ / Buhari Pays Homage To Ewuare, Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.