Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye (30630 Views)

Profile Of Olabiyi Durojaiye: NCC Chairman / How To Criticise Buhari And Get Away With It - Ayo Sogunro / I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Earlier this morning, I received a call from a member of my palmchat social media circle probing my silence on the appointment of 84-years old Otunba Senator Biyi Durojaiye as the new Chairman of Nigeria Communication Commission, a sector unarguably dominated by young people. Though I wasn't impressed by the appointment of Otunba Biyi, and I see it as another setback in the agitation for a generational shift in leadership, I still couldn't help but do a retrospection in PDP, that I am unfortunately aligned with at the moment to check whether it is any different.

About 24hours after the appointment of Otunba Durojaiye, the Makarfi led Caretaker Committee of the PDP released a 248-member National Convention Committee list and another 80-member Finance Committee list for the Convention. A look at the 328 Member Combined list will show names of those that came, saw and never conquered. No single individual within the youth age of 18-35 was considered. In the list, there are lots of people that are even in their Seventies(official age). On sighting the list, I told some members of my clique that young people are in trouble in both parties. Then I asked "What is the difference between the appointment of  Senator Durojaiye and the PDP Convention Committee list?"

APC AND PDP DON'T CARE ABOUT THE YOUTH
If you take a look at the ministers appointed by the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, the "youngest" minister as at time of appointment was/is Abubakar Malami (SAN), who is the  Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. How "young" is he? He was 48years as at time of appointment in 2015, and now 49. Kemi Adeosun, the finance minister that people call "young" is also 49(a month older than Malami). Meanwhile, the Youth Policy in Nigeria defines youths as citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria within the age of 18–35 years. In other words, there is NOT a single Youth within Buhari cabinet... Even the Youth Affairs Minister is 54 years of age.

Under the last administration, the only youth that made it into the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan was Dr Nurudeen Mohammed, who was appointed at age 35, though the appointment was commendable, he was however relegated to the position of junior minister despite his performance in the Senate during screening exercise. Meanwhile, the former President would later appoint a 58years old two-time former Governor of Adamawa state, Boni Haruna as "Youth Minister". He would also appoint an 80years old Dr. Christopher Kolade as Head of Sure-P, and an 80-years old Bamangar Tukur as "Ambassador at Large". For those that may be unaware, Tukur was a Governor of Gongola state in 1983 (36years ago).

In truth, political appointment in this part of the world is about "sharing" the spoils among party top chieftains and not based on factors that will push the country forward. This is the norm in both PDP and APC, and unfortunately for young people, they are never considered in the scheme of things because they were not among the "FOUNDING FATHERS" of either parties.  The interesting thing about the whole event is that both APC and PDP have a form of established barter system where there is an unwritten code that mandates both parties to heavily reward any chieftain that switches camps.  This privilege is only reserved for "elder chieftains' not rank and file youths.

THE CHIEFTAINS OF PARTIES IN BOTH APC AND PDP WILL CONTINUE TO HOLD SWAY
If you look at both parties, for one to emerge as candidate for General election or Conventions, he must win popular votes among the "delegates" of the party. Who are these delegates?

While some may assume that the "youths" from both camps can mobilise themselves with their clear majority, both parties constitution doesn't work that way.

In the PDP for instance, to elect a governorship candidate, the party constitution provides that each ward will present 3 delegates, of which one will be a woman. To provide shield in case of hijack, the party provides that there shall be "AUTOMATIC DELEGATES". These automatic delegates include, National Chairman and Members of the National Executive Committee, Elected office holders from the state, Members of the Zonal and State Executive Committee,   LG Party Secretary, Treasurer, Youth Leader and Woman Leader, Former members of state Working Committee,  Former Governor and Deputy produced by the Party and  Former Speakers & Deputy Speakers.

A look at the "automatic delegates" has given the "Chieftains" undue advantage in the whole process. We shouldn't even forget that even the ward congress is organised by the chieftains and their wish stays. This is not different from APC... Well, their party after all.

NIGERIA NEEDS 21ST CENTURY LEADERSHIP
Nigeria is in a quagmire because the people that were the problem are the same group of people parading themselves as the solution, even when they either lack the cognitive skill required of 21st century leadership or they are simply there to further their business.

Our present crop of Governors and LGA Chairmen are unable to use modern skills to achieve wealth creation, neither are they able to utilise various resources in their domain to shoot IGR upward. Shamefully, most of them believe that governance is about sitting in the office and waiting for oil money to share. Some see governance as frivolty like  posing for pictures with the poor and those in need of good governance. Sadly, they couldn't consider it wise to appoint smart brains as Special Advisers to help shaping their administration.

NIGERIA YOUTHS MUST STEP UP
Nigeria Youths must arise. Our South African neighbours have grown beyond youth being part of governance but moved to young people taking over reins of power. Unlike Nigeria that keep permuting men of mid and late 50s-60s to succeed Buhari, South Africans are permuting lads of 33-45 to succeed Jacob Zuma in 2019.  We need a change in orientation and take that leap of faith for the sake of Nigeria and our future.

THE POWER OF YOUTHS
In 2013, a group of SA youths led by 33years old Julius Malema, a former President of ANC Youth Wing formed a political party called Economic Freedom Fighters. In 2015 August, they successfully secured a judgement from the Constitutional Court to order President Jacob Zuma and the Speaker to payback state funds that was used for personal effect. Before the judgement, the party participated in 2014 Parliamentary election and won a whopping TWENTY-FIVE seats out of 400 in the National Assembly, and Seven out of 90 in the National Council of Province. These are in addition to seats won in various provinces. In fact, they became the third force in South Africa.

In 2014 a 17-years old Joshua Wong, and other teenagers including Agnes Chow and Oscar Lai, and 21-years old Nathan law led fellow students to shut down Hong Kong for almost two months due to unfavorable pro-China policy. Even after the protest, these lads went ahead to form a Political Party in April 2016 Demosistō. Nathan Law(23) is the Chairman, Oscar Lai is Vice Chairman, and Joshua Wong is Secretary general. A key agenda in their manifesto is self-determination for Hong Kong people, and they have been growing in popularity despite government persecution.

I believe that I have said a lot. I wish to take a pause at this juncture.

As for my PDP friends, before you criticise Buhari for appointing an 84-years old man as NCC Chairman, please ask yourself whether or not PDP considered a youth in their own appointment. As for those young people that are justifying the appointment, I leave you to your conscience.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

TonyeBarcanista for National Chairman of The New Age Democratic Movement, NADM. Like if you support .

2 Likes

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by VictorGeneral4(m): 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
from all indications you are of the APC
48 and 35 are they the same?
you are only trying to blame the both parties because APC did not appoint any thing close to 35 the party appointed 35 according to you the 35 was demoted.
but the fact remains that 35 was appointed during there tenure.
but we need to tell ourselves the truth
President buhari underestimated this country all plans are not working
the youth are ideal doing nothing while the old ones are controlling the affairs of this country buhari promised to change all that, we believed him, he was voted in, now what is happening everyday is blaming the past government for close to 2years now.
there is no day that will pass without 4-5 youths been killed for crime he or she committed both home and aboard
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
obailala:

I thought Kanu was 48 years old?... Is he also supposed to be a youth?
Lol he isn't. I responded to his claim but he isn't. Pls I will send you a mail
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by nopretense: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=48189217]Earlier ttunba Senator Biyi Duroated by young people. Though I wasn't impressed by t appointment of Otunba Biyi, ad I see it as another setback in th agitation for a generation shift in leadership, I still't help but do a retroDP, that d with at thwhether it is any
About 24hours afteappointment[b]248-member[/b] onal Convention Committee lst and another 80-member[/b Finance Committee list for the Cvention. A look at the 328 MembCombined list will show na of those that came, saw ar conquered. No single vidual withiof 18-35 was considered. st, there are lots of people that are even in their Seveage). On sighting the e members of my clique ng people are in troub parties. Then I asdifference pointment of  Senator Durojad the PDP Conventtt
[b]

If you take a look at the ministers appointed by the government osident Muhammadu Buhyoungest" minister as at timppointment was/is Abubakami (SAN), who is the  MinisterJustice and Attorney Generale Federation. How "young" ie was 48years as atat people call "young" is al(aMeanwhile, the Youth eriaof the Federal Republic of N win other words, thersingle Youth within Buhariinet... Even the Youth Affairs Minr is 54 years of a
Under the last administron, the only youth tinto the cabinet of Presiodluck Jonathan was deen Mohammed, whoointed at age 35, though tntment wasdable, he wo the position of junior minister despite his performance in the Senate during screening exercise. Meanwhile, the former President would later appoint a 58years old two-time formerBamangar Tukur as "Ambassadorat Large". For those that maybe unaware, Tukur was a Governo of Gongola state in 1983 (36yearsago).
In truth, politicpointment in this part of the ld is about "sharing" the spoilmong party top chieftains and based on factors that wi the country forward. This is theorm in both PDP and APC, andue scheme of things because they were not among the "FOUNDING FATHERS" of either parties.  The interesting thing about the whole event is that both APC and PDP have a form of established barter system where there is an unwritten code that mandates both parties to heavily reward any chieftain that switches camps.  This privilege is only reserved for "elder chieftains' not rank and file youths.

If you look at both parties, for one to emerge as candidate for General election or C

While some may assume that the "youths" from both camps can mobilise themselves with their clear majority, both parties constitution doesn't work that way.

In the PDP for instance, to elect a governorship candidate, the party constitution provides that each ward will present 3 delegates, of which one will be a woman. To provide shield in case of hijack, the party provides that there shall be "AUTOMATIC DELEGATES". These automatic delegates include, National Chairman and Members of the National Executive Committee, Elected office holders from the state, Members of the Zonal and State Executive Committee,   LG Party Secretary, Treder and Woman Leader, Former members of state Working Committee,  Former Governor and Deputy produced by the Party and  Former Speakers & Deputy Speakers.

A look at the "automatic delegates" has given the "Chieftains" undue advantage in the whole process. We shouldn't even forget that even the ward congress is organised by the chieftains and their wish stays. This is not different from APC... Well, their party after all.

Nigeria is in a quagmire because the people that were the problem are the same group of people parading themselves as the solution, even when they either lack the co
nice write-up, I must commend.
However, the case of old PDP convention delegates is not a perfect match with Buhari's 84-yr-old appointee. This is because, the latter is not essentially of national interest, but the frmer directly affects all Nigerians, especially d netwrk users. Overall, weldone.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
nopretense:
nice write-up, I must commend.
However, the case of old PDP convention delegates is not a perfect match with Buhari's 84-yr-old appointee. This is because, the latter is not essentially of national interest, but the frmer directly affects all Nigerians, especially d netwrk users. Overall, weldone.
The two parties useless
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by KingKvng: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
And, what exactly have you said, after all? Are you disputing his submissions? If you are, on what premises?

Your mindset is indicative of one of the core malaise plaguing the Nigerian youth - the inability to engage in critical thinking. Despite the enlightening expose on the subsisting realities on ground, the best your brain matter could assimilate was that infantile gibberish that was neither here nor there, holding tight to partisan nonsense.

You need to re-evaluate your education, as i have a strong feeling, you either lack it, or have been sufficiently cheated in the quality of what was administered to you.
Badtman:
Booking

Dis rubbish post will soon made Front Page no Doubt na Tonyebarca lo n soro

Nairaland and PDP member dem be 5 and 6

Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Badtman(m): 6:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
KingKvng:
And, what exactly have you said, after all? Are you disputing his submissions? If you are, on what premises?

Your mindset is indicative of one of the core malaise plaguing the Nigerian youth - the inability to engage in critical thinking. Despite the enlightening expose on the subsisting realities on ground, the best your brain matter could assimilate was that infantile gibberish that was neither here nor there, holding tight to partisan nonsense.

You need to re-evaluate your education, as i have a strong feeling, you either lack it, or have been sufficiently cheated in the quality of what was administered to you.
Sorry O I don't know it will hurt your Feelings

Let the Wailing continue *in Uhrobo lang*" DO "
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
drss2:
funy enough same op is recognizing energetic youths like joshua wong n agnes chow's campaign of self determination for hongkong, yet crusifying Nnamdi Kanu's campaign of self determination for B...i.....a..fra.
Namdi Kanu, at 48, is an OLD abino monkey who has already exceeded youth phase and is only paraded as such by his low brain ipod (ijaw slaves) touts.

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by mikolo80: 6:21am On Aug 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Earlier this morning, I received a call from a member of my palmchat social media circle probing my silence on the appointment of 84-years old Otunba Senator Biyi Durojaiye as the new Chairman of Nigeria Communication Commission, a sector unarguably dominated by young people. Though I wasn't impressed by the appointment of Otunba Biyi, and I see it as another setback in the agitation for a generational shift in leadership, I still couldn't help but do a retrospection in PDP, that I am unfortunately aligned with at the moment to check whether it is any different.

Who gives a sheet whether you're impressed or not

About 24hours after the appointment of Otunba Durojaiye, the Makarfi led Caretaker Committee of the PDP released a 248-member National Convention Committee list and another 80-member Finance Committee list for the Convention. A look at the 328 Member Combined list will show names of those that came, saw and never conquered. No single individual within the youth age of 18-35 was considered. In the list, there are lots of people that are even in their Seventies(official age). On sighting the list, I told some members of my clique that young people are in trouble in both parties. Then I asked "What is the difference between the appointment of  Senator Durojaiye and the PDP Convention Committee list?"

If you take a look at the ministers appointed by the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, the "youngest" minister as at time of appointment was/is Abubakar Malami (SAN), who is the  Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. How "young" is he? He was 48years as at time of appointment in 2015, and now 49. Kemi Adeosun, the finance minister that people call "young" is also 49(a month older than Malami). Meanwhile, the Youth Policy in Nigeria defines youths as citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria within the age of 18–35 years. In other words, there is NOT a single Youth within Buhari cabinet... Even the Youth Affairs Minister is 54 years of age.

Found yoots care about themselves?
Why should the babas?

Under the last administration, the only youth that made it into the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan was Dr Nurudeen Mohammed, who was appointed at age 35, though the appointment was commendable, he was however relegated to the position of junior minister despite his performance in the Senate during screening exercise. Meanwhile, the former President would later appoint a 58years old two-time former Governor of Adamawa state, Boni Haruna as "Youth Minister". He would also appoint an 80years old Dr. Christopher Kolade as Head of Sure-P, and an 80-years old Bamangar Tukur as "Ambassador at Large". For those that may be unaware, Tukur was a Governor of Gongola state in 1983 (36years ago).

What did nuru do with his 1 talent

In truth, political appointment in this part of the world is about "sharing" the spoils among party top chieftains and not based on factors that will push the country forward. This is the norm in both PDP and APC, and unfortunately for young people, they are never considered in the scheme of things because they were not among the "FOUNDING FATHERS" of either parties.  The interesting thing about the whole event is that both APC and PDP have a form of established barter system where there is an unwritten code that mandates both parties to heavily reward any chieftain that switches camps.  This privilege is only reserved for "elder chieftains' not rank and file youths.

Wake up dummy
Sharing happens in all countries
No be yoots value demsself useless?

If you look at both parties, for one to emerge as candidate for General election or Conventions, he must win popular votes among the "delegates" of the party. Who are these delegates?

In the PDP for instance, to elect a governorship candidate, the party constitution provides that each ward will present 3 delegates, of which one will be a woman. To provide shield in case of hijack, the party provides that there shall be "AUTOMATIC DELEGATES". These automatic delegates include, National Chairman and Members of the National Executive Committee, Elected office holders from the state, Members of the Zonal and State Executive Committee,   LG Party Secretary, Treasurer, Youth Leader and Woman Leader, Former members of state Working Committee,  Former Governor and Deputy produced by the Party and  Former Speakers & Deputy Speakers.

No be d yoots when join mumu party

Nigeria is in a quagmire because the people that were the problem are the same group of people parading themselves as the solution, even when they either lack the cognitive skill required of 21st century leadership or they are simply there to further their business.

Our present crop of Governors and LGA Chairmen are unable to use modern skills to achieve wealth creation, neither are they able to utilise various resources in their domain to shoot IGR upward. Shamefully, most of them believe that governance is about sitting in the office and waiting for oil money to share. Some see governance as frivolty like  posing for pictures with the poor and those in need of good governance. Sadly, they couldn't consider it wise to appoint smart brains as Special Advisers to help shaping their administration.

Why should they give a damn about you when you're only interested in rice and tribalism

Nigeria Youths must arise. Our South African neighbours have grown beyond youth being part of governance but moved to young people taking over reins of power. Unlike Nigeria that keep permuting men of mid and late 50s-60s to succeed Buhari, South Africans are permuting lads of 33-45 to succeed Jacob Zuma in 2019.  We need a change in orientation and take that leap of faith for the sake of Nigeria and our future.

Una tink say na by keyboard warrior ba

THE POWER OF YOUTHS
In 2013, a group of SA youths led by 33years old Julius Malema, a former President of ANC Youth Wing formed a political party called Economic Freedom Fighters. In 2015 August, they successfully secured a judgement from the Constitutional Court to order President Jacob Zuma and the Speaker to payback state funds that was used for personal effect. Before the judgement, the party participated in 2014 Parliamentary election and won a whopping TWENTY-FIVE seats out of 400 in the National Assembly, and Seven out of 90 in the National Council of Province. These are in addition to seats won in various provinces. In fact, they became the third force in South Africa.

In 2014 a 17-years old Joshua Wong, and other teenagers including Agnes Chow and Oscar Lai, and 21-years old Nathan law led fellow students to shut down Hong Kong for almost two months due to unfavorable pro-China policy. Even after the protest, these lads went ahead to form a Political Party in April 2016 Demosistō. Nathan Law(23) is the Chairman, Oscar Lai is Vice Chairman, and Joshua Wong is Secretary general. A key agenda in their manifesto is self-determination for Hong Kong people, and they have been growing in popularity despite government persecution.

As for my PDP friends, before you criticise Buhari for appointing an 84-years old man as NCC Chairman, please ask yourself whether or not PDP considered a youth in their own appointment. As for those young people that are justifying the appointment, I leave you to your conscience.

Which wan you wan lead
We de your back

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TruthisOut: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

No one justified or rationalised the appointment.... Read again and you will get the message...

Read my comment again. You started by comparing what PDP did and so APC is doing it. Why the comparison in the first place. Why not just condemn it?
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TruthisOut: 7:53am On Aug 06, 2016
hopsydboi:

Nigeria state is bigger than any political party? What have you been able to do to all their nepotism, favouritism, bribery n corruption, fund mismanagement and embezzlement over the years! If you can't see the truth in his analysis, you are one of them and you are a thief grin cheesy

Yes thief! The ones that steal our money! Thief! grin

I won't stoop to your level of name-calling. As for the vices you mentioned, I have always and will always condemn it but in social media, discussion forums (online and offline).
My comment only stated that when making analysis, we should desist from comparing PDP with the nonsense APC is feeding us with. When PDP was in power, believe me, they got enough dose of their well-deserved criticism which culminated in their being booted out of office. Remember, two wrong cannot make a right.

I hope I did not waste my time explaining this to someone with low IQ.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 06, 2016
TruthisOut:

I won't stoop to your level of name-calling. As for the vices you mentioned, I have always and will always condemn it but in social media, discussion forums (online and offline).
My comment only stated that when making analysis, we should desist from comparing PDP with the nonsense APC is feeding us with. When PDP was in power, believe me, they got enough dose of their well-deserved criticism which culminated in their being booted out of office. Remember, two wrong cannot make a right.

I hope I did not waste my time explaining this to someone with low IQ.
Lols no u didn't waste ur time.... Sorry for the name calling!

Non of them is better in my opinion tho...
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:12am On Aug 06, 2016
TruthisOut:

Read my comment again. You started by comparing what PDP did and so APC is doing it. Why the comparison in the first place. Why not just condemn it?
because if I do, some PDP apologists will want to take advantage of it when their party aren't different.

1 Like

Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by ogmask: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Exactly

Now Tonye, can we think something up. How do we align? Would love a one on one with you.
ogmaskman@gmail.com
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by skywalker240(m): 12:14am On Aug 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

About 24hours after the appointment of Otunba Durojaiye, the Makarfi led Caretaker Committee of the PDP released a 248-member National Convention Committee list and another 80-member Finance Committee list for the Convention. A look at the 328 Member Combined list will show names of those that came, saw and never conquered. No single individual within the youth age of 18-35 was considered. In the list, there are lots of people that are even in their Seventies(official age). On sighting the list, I told some members of my clique that young people are in trouble in both parties. Then I asked "What is the difference between the appointment of Senator Durojaiye and the PDP Convention Committee list?"

If you take a look at the ministers appointed by the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, the "youngest" minister as at time of appointment was/is Abubakar Malami (SAN), who is the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. How "young" is he? He was 48years as at time of appointment in 2015, and now 49. Kemi Adeosun, the finance minister that people call "young" is also 49(a month older than Malami). Meanwhile, the Youth Policy in Nigeria defines youths as citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria within the age of 18–35 years. In other words, there is NOT a single Youth within Buhari cabinet... Even the Youth Affairs Minister is 54 years of age.

In truth, political appointment in this part of the world is about "sharing" the spoils among party top chieftains and not based on factors that will push the country forward. This is the norm in both PDP and APC, and unfortunately for young people, they are never considered in the scheme of things because they were not among the "FOUNDING FATHERS" of either parties. The interesting thing about the whole event is that both APC and PDP have a form of established barter system where there is an unwritten code that mandates both parties to heavily reward any chieftain that switches camps. This privilege is only reserved for "elder chieftains' not rank and file youths.

In the PDP for instance, to elect a governorship candidate, the party constitution provides that each ward will present 3 delegates, of which one will be a woman. To provide shield in case of hijack, the party provides that there shall be "AUTOMATIC DELEGATES". These automatic delegates include, National Chairman and Members of the National Executive Committee, Elected office holders from the state, Members of the Zonal and State Executive Committee, LG Party Secretary, Treasurer, Youth Leader and Woman Leader, Former members of state Working Committee, Former Governor and Deputy produced by the Party and Former Speakers & Deputy Speakers.

Our present crop of Governors and LGA Chairmen are unable to use modern skills to achieve wealth creation, neither are they able to utilise various resources in their domain to shoot IGR upward. Shamefully, most of them believe that governance is about sitting in the office and waiting for oil money to share. Some see governance as frivolty like posing for pictures with the poor and those in need of good governance. Sadly, they couldn't consider it wise to appoint smart brains as Special Advisers to help shaping their administration.

Nigeria Youths must arise. Our South African neighbours have grown beyond youth being part of governance but moved to young people taking over reins of power. Unlike Nigeria that keep permuting men of mid and late 50s-60s to succeed Buhari, South Africans are permuting lads of 33-45 to succeed Jacob Zuma in 2019. We need a change in orientation and take that leap of faith for the sake of Nigeria and our future.

THE POWER OF YOUTHS

U are right sir,...and if these old men and their set of freinds who have previously ruled are still alive, then i cant see a better nigeria in d future for the youth and themselve 2...cos they lag behind in development,innovation,creativity,updates and technology. Just immagine as hot as nigeria the so called old dullards cant see reasons to introduce solar to generate energy.
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by obinnafred(m): 12:26am On Aug 07, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] na WA ooo
Re: Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye by obinnafred(m): 12:27am On Aug 07, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] na WA ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Airways Pensioners Paid By Buhari, Hail Buhari, Curse Obasanjo (Videos) / Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' / Buhari Meets With The Young Volunteers From APC Presidential Situation Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.