Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! (17754 Views)

Falconet Player Sophia Omotola Omidiji: National U-20 Women / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 28, 2009
FBS,
Bros, i don't need to watch the competition as long as you dey.
You jus dey give all boys the neccessary info.
Big ups, mon.
keep up de good work.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 8:40am On Sep 28, 2009
Eastbay:

FBS,
Bros, i don't need to watch the competition as long as you dey.
You jus dey give all boys the neccessary info.
Big ups, mon.
keep up de good work.
Eastbay, padi mi! wink cheesy Thanks. smiley
Glad to know that folks pay attention to the thread.

Stay tuned for more. wink
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 8:43am On Sep 28, 2009
As they stand after round 1:

Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the boyz from Honduras. What a team. cheesy

[flash=400,328]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrFpmP-ZG3Y[/flash]
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by tubabie(f): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2009
Wow!! The 2nd and 3rd goals were classy cheesy . . . . . . . . . .
Our match with Spain is for 3pm today right? Am looking forward to it . . . . . . . . .
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2009
Yep. A thread will be up soon. wink
It's a must win for us else. . .
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by Nezan(m): 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2009
mghu
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by RuuDie(m): 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2009
i've got my money on the young Indomitable Lions of Cameroon!
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by koolchicco: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2009
naija dey mess up oooo! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
Naija is out !!!

Venezuela beating Tahiti 5 nil so far.
Bunch of losers.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by 9ijaprince(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2009
We still have a chance but its very very slim. Four best loosers will still come out from the whole group.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 8:29am On Sep 29, 2009
This is what I have to say:

It is common knowledge that the Italian ref in our first match is a toad (not that fifa cares anyway) but yesterdays match was much more painful. Watching the replay again, I think the first goal for Spain was scored from an offside position and that penalty was NEVER a penalty. If it was, then I'm Barack Obama.   cool
The red card issue is another thing. . .yes Salami was wrong but a yellow would have been sufficient.
However, the big question of the night was, why did he rule out OUR GOAL. I've tried to watch it over and over again, but I see nothing wrong. The ref blew his bleeding whistle after the ball had gone in and not before the corner was taken and certainly not immediately after. If I had my way, I'd suggest African countries should simply boycott ALL Fifa games. What is the use of taking part in a tourney knowing that no matter how you try, you are just NEVER going to win it. FIFA can kiss my A$$.
*uffff now I feel better. That piece was for FIFA and will be sending it to them.  smiley*

Now to more pressing issues. Siasia damaged his reputation by
1) Selecting the wrong players;
2) Selecting the wrong players;
3) Selecting the wrong players. 

Lets analyse this: In the first match, he played a MF as a defender and it beats me as to why he did this. . .to accomodate Haruna? Why is he even in the team? As the sole freekick taker? Pathetic.
Our defense was shaky to say the least in the first half of our first match, but how do you explain creating 20 chances and not converting a SINGLE ONE!
Even a blind man could see that we had no naturally gifted finisher in our line-up. Whatever happened to Chrisantus and those Agege boyz  grin? Blimey! they play better soccer.  wink
How can a coach select 22 (abi na 23 sef) players that does not consist of at least 3 skillful strikers/finishers? Do we have wingers sef? No free kick takers? We wasted over 10 set pieces! Oh, I don't even want to talk about their useless long range shots into stand 490!   shocked
Why was Rabiu on the bench? The lad has vision and his passes are off the shizzle my pizzle!
Players like Osanga, Igahlo (and to imagine he is the captain), Orelesi etc. . .They should not be anywhere close to the FE dressing room not to talk of smelling the jersey.
All hope is NOT lost and hoping we can spank Tahiti 20-0. Then certainly, we will have the chance to progress. The only player that stands out for me is Obiora Nwanwko. He is good. Our goalkeeper isn't bad either.

Siasia failed and same goes to his boys but you will ALL agree with me that we have no better coach that Siasia at this moment in Nigeria. His finest moment as a coach was with the class of 2005, question is, can he improve on this?

* Boy, do I feel better now?   grin*
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2009
FBS
Oh boy, i only found out about the results at around 1030Pm yesterday. . .
Longday meant i didnt even have the time to follow anything non-work related
Maan, what a shame. . . . .
The whole footballing structure in Nigeria needs a complete revamping and restructuring!
They plonked it when they couldnt beat Venezuela. . .
If if the slim chances they have of qualifying comes to pass, they wont go beyond the next round
Most of the teams i have seen so far will wallop Nigeria apart from Tahiti! grin
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2009
For real! You lucky you did not watch the match. It's sickening. I mean these boys actually created lots of chances but no one to convert them. I was really pissed.

The team that has impressed me most is Honduras. Some skillful lot I have to say. And of course the traditional power house- Brazil!
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 8:51am On Sep 29, 2009
FBS:

For real! You lucky you did not watch the match. It's sickening. I mean these boys actually created lots of chances but no one to convert them. I was really pissed.
The team that has impressed me most is Honduras. Some skillful lot I have to say. And of course the traditional power house- Brazil!
I was never really looking out for Nigeria in that tournament anyway. . . .
I have been impressed by Honduras as well as Brazil and a few other so called "minnows"
Cameroun or Ghana might go far. . .
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 8:53am On Sep 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

I was never really looking out for Nigeria in that tournament anyway. . . .
I have been impressed by Honduras as well as Brazil and a few other so called "minnows"
Cameroun or Ghana might go far. . .

Funny but I was. Really, I, waited for this tournament like it was new years eve.
Cameroon and Ghana might indeed go far, but I'm not sure FIFA will allow them win it and I'm serious.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2009
FBS:

Funny but I was. Really, I, waited for this tournament like it was new years eve.
Cameroon and Ghana might indeed go far, but I'm not sure FIFA will allow them win it and I'm serious.
What do you mean by FIFA wont allow them go far? grin shocked
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

What do you mean by FIFA wont allow them go far? grin shocked
Just try and watch yesterdays match and you will understand what I'm saying.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by RSA(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2009
FBS:

Just try and watch yesterdays match and you will understand what I'm saying.

grin grin
Blame it on the MRI grin
Blame it on the booze grin
Blame it on the lack of talent grin

But don't blame it on the re-re-referee grin grin
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by candylips(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2009
the fall of nigeria in soccer continues
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by koolchicco: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2009
candylips:

the fall of nigeria in soccer continues

the fall of nigeria in soccer continues.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by candylips(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2009
infact you are right the fall in general continues
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by Marymos: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2009
@FBS
You are doing a wonderful job.Can we get the latest table to know the position of all the teams?
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by dayokanu(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2009
FBS,

Why didnt FIFA stop Ghana, Cameroun and other African countries from winning their games? Na only Nigeria dem dey beef? No wonder you be Chelsea fan always looking for a ref to blame (Ovbredo easily comes to mind)
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by asha80(m): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2009
FBS if african teams do not play well they will be eliminated simple.

Paraguay beat hosts Egypt with ten men.

Cameroun wasted chances and got hammered 4-1 by USA.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2009
I have been proven right once again that the English are the most useless footballing nation in the whole world
Losing 2 straight games conceeding 5 goals in the process even Naija wasn't this bad
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by duduspace(m): 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
dayokanu:

I have been proven right once again that the English are the most useless footballing nation in the whole world
Losing 2 straight games conceeding 5 goals in the process even Naija wasn't this bad

I feel no pity for them at all, a nation that glorifies graft and endeavour ahead of creativity and tactical nous are bound to always fail when the going gets tough. I mean when you can't appreciate having a club that plays like "The Arsenal" and you always seek to belittle and humiliate a genius like "Le Prof" instead of appreciating him then providence would be very stupid to smile upon you.

Having said that though, that Under 20 squad is not the best England could have come up with, what do you expect when Arsenal refuses to release Wilshere, Chelsea refuses to release Sturridge, Aston Villa Delfouneso and ManU Wellbeck? The best English players have not been released by their clubs.

I don't blame Arsenal for not releasing Wilshere though, his experience with the Under 17s was bad enough, the English system and style of play just does not seem to suit little Jack, besides he is already in the Under 21s.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by sley4life(m): 12:13am On Sep 30, 2009
we have to beat tahiti sily 2 av a chance of qualifying as best looser
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by dayokanu(m): 12:16am On Sep 30, 2009
Tell me why the Germans whooped them at both U17 and U21 level? The Germans also did not send Thomas Muller, Mesut Ozil, Marko Marin, Toni Kroos and co yet the Germans have 4 points so find another excuse
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by duduspace(m): 12:31am On Sep 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Tell me why the Germans whooped them at both U17 and U21 level? The Germans also did not send Thomas Muller, Mesut Ozil, Marko Marin, Toni Kroos and co yet the Germans have 4 points so find another excuse

Where was Germany in the UEFA Under 19 competition where England came 2nd? besides una Baying Monkey people no let Tony Kroos develop now. Only God knows what that boy would have become by now if e get better coach like Arsene wey dey give youth chance.
Besides, I've already said I have no sympathies for the british. I just pointed out the fact that they didn't have their better players in the team.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by dayokanu(m): 5:09am On Sep 30, 2009
^^ Tell me how Owusu Abeyie, Artuto Lupoli, Justin Hoyte and Aliadiere developed wonderfully under WenGAY
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:44am On Sep 30, 2009
Y'all can continue smoking expired garri for all I care. If you want to tell me that the two refs in our two matches were great then that is your business.

It beats me why some of you just decide to ignore part of my posts. Yes the refs were bad. as bad as they get but I also mentioned that our players performed well below zero. . .did y'all miss that?  undecided

Dayokanunazi, do yourself a favor, you can jump right into the river. . .river bayernmunichshutlzbuzzoff if I may suggest. tongue

Asha80, you and I know that it ain't that simple. Take it or leave it. I'm not here to argue. In fact wasn't even planning to visit NL.  grin

Meanwhile. . .Let me attend to those who came here for genuine stuff.
Marymos:

@FBS
You are doing a wonderful job.Can we get the latest table to know the position of all the teams?
Thank you o jare Marymos. This is for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Do Goalkeepers Spit Into Gloves? / Rohr: Egypt, Others Must Be Wary Of My "Young Team" / Barcelona Complete The Signing Of Sergino Dest From Ajax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.